Flashing using 64bit Windows 7

Guest KSTAN

Hi guys,

You can now flash your O2 ROM using x64 Windows 7.

Procedure

1. Press F8 before windows boot (after bios).

2. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and boot up windows.

3. Connect ur phone to ur PC / laptop (Phone must be off).

4. The driver Samsung MITs USB sync will be installed.

5. Open Device Manager, double-click on Samsung MITs USB sync and re-install with driver provided below.

6. Choose Update Driver->Browse my computer for driver software->Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer->Click on Have Disk and browse to the driver folder and install. (If prompted driver unsigned, ignore and click ok. Driver is dated 2003).

7. Then right-click on Octans Downloader->Compatibility, select "Windows XP (SP3)" and check "Run as Administrator".

8. Flash as per normal... :)

Note*: You will need to re-install the driver everytime if it is not the correct version after a reboot.

I have tested and flashed it numerous times without any issue.

Do not try on vista as I'm not sure.

i8000_x64.rar

• 3 weeks later...
followed the steps but got stuck when trying to update driver. prompts me windows have already installed a driver. any advise?

You have to select the 'have disk' option, then it will not check anymore...

Guest unholygid2006
You have to select the 'have disk' option, then it will not check anymore...

been doing that.. i tried uninstalling the driver and tried updating from the files i extracted.. it still couldnt find the driver

Guest jukefox
been doing that.. i tried uninstalling the driver and tried updating from the files i extracted.. it still couldnt find the driver

Check delete driver option during driver-uninstallation. Then the old driver will be removed from disk and you will be able to install the driver provided as mentioned in the guide.

• 3 weeks later...
I've tried all of the Vista and 7 guides, but every time I get the driver error: device cannot Start (code 10). Any clues?

which part are u at? installing driver or flashing ROM?

Perhaps u can be more precise on what has been done.

Guest Darkonlore
I've tried all of the Vista and 7 guides, but every time I get the driver error: device cannot Start (code 10). Any clues?

Hi, I had the same problem last night. For me it happened after step 6.

6. Choose Update Driver->Browse my computer for driver software->Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer->Click on Have Disk and browse to the driver folder and install. (If prompted driver unsigned, ignore and click ok. Driver is dated 2003).

Whenever I plug in my phone (in off mode), it will show me the same error code as yours.

How I solved it was to:

A. Click detect on Octans Downloader.

B. Connect the device in off mode.

C. When it is trying to detect the device, I did step 6. again.

The device was then detected and I could flash the device. Hope it works for you too.

Edited by Darkonlore

Whenever I plug in my phone (in off mode), it will show me the same error code as yours.

How I solved it was to:

The device was then detected and I could flash the device. Hope it works for you too.

Once the drivers have been installed and done with all the steps.

Open Octans Downloader, select the ROM files and click detect.

Switch off your phone and connect your phone to the PC/laptop.

Once it is detected, click on start downloading to flash..

Guest charly_mx
Once the drivers have been installed and done with all the steps.

Open Octans Downloader, select the ROM files and click detect.

Switch off your phone and connect your phone to the PC/laptop.

Once it is detected, click on start downloading to flash..

HI there, well i just clicked on detect but it takes a lot and i dont see any activity nor in the phone nor in the octans mini downloader. Whoe much time shall i wait to start the updating process?? Thanks!

EDIT. So sorry i missed the step that first start the octans mini downloader and then select the rom and after that is done connect the phone and click detect. :)

This is for all newbies.

Edited by charly_mx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest corny2007

How I solved it was to:

Thanks for the advice. I managed to install the driver while octans was trying to detect, but octans then does nothing, no detection. No Code 10 this time though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest omar junior

i have this messages in octans

WinUSB_queryinterfacesetting Error 1

WinUSB_querypipe Error 1

Setpipepolicy error 1

WinUSB_initialize

-

Service stopped successfully

[setup] Windows 7

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

Service is already stopped. So I will NOT Re-start the service...

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&25cc7127&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:1

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:0

i dont find the Samsung MITs USB sync in device manager :)

did u read 1st post???

1. switch off ur phone.

2. connect to ur pc.

3. it will auto detect and install Samsung MITs USB sync driver.

Edited by KSTAN

Guest omar junior

yes...

i enter in windows with "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" option.

conect whit off phone (the battery icon appears)

the Samsung MITs USB sync driver appears when I connected the phone for the first time.

I can not uninstall and install it again so follow the steps? they do not know if it is (the driver) installed correctly

• 4 weeks later...
Guest twistanesh

okay i really need some help on this if anyone can. I tried to do the flash for my omnia 2 but for some reason i dont have any F8 Function on my laptop that allows me to toggle the whole driver signature thing, Because im not sure if its related but when i use octans, and set up the PDA part and turn off my phone, it doesnt do anything, just goes into battery charging mode...

Ive been trying this for a day now and cant seem to make it work... if anyone can help me please do!

Cheers

okay i really need some help on this if anyone can. I tried to do the flash for my omnia 2 but for some reason i dont have any F8 Function on my laptop that allows me to toggle the whole driver signature thing, Because im not sure if its related but when i use octans, and set up the PDA part and turn off my phone, it doesnt do anything, just goes into battery charging mode...

Ive been trying this for a day now and cant seem to make it work... if anyone can help me please do!

Cheers

Try this at your own risk, i can't garantee that it will work.

How to disable Driver signing in Windows 7?

This works without having to press F8 on bootup to disable driver signing.

Go to the Start menu and type cmd.exe in the Search Bar. Right click on cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator.

If you have the UAC turned on, choose Yes to proceed. Otherwise, you should see the command windows opened already. In the shell window, copy paste the following and hit Enter.

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

After you reboot you will get a see a new stamp in the bottom right of the screen "Test Mode, Windows 7, Build 7600"

Now all of the unsigned drivers you have for x64 will work and load fine.

Guest danielsiegl

I think i did everything in the right order - yet it seems to hang at OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_66119

nothing happens anymore - how long do you need to wait?

Guest danielsiegl
I think i did everything in the right order - yet it seems to hang at OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_66119

nothing happens anymore - how long do you need to wait?

It's working now - still you have to be more the patient and willing to read to make it happen :( - Thanx a lot!!

Guest V3nd4

How do i revert this back?

Try this at your own risk, i can't garantee that it will work.

How to disable Driver signing in Windows 7?

This works without having to press F8 on bootup to disable driver signing.

Go to the Start menu and type cmd.exe in the Search Bar. Right click on cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator.

If you have the UAC turned on, choose Yes to proceed. Otherwise, you should see the command windows opened already. In the shell window, copy paste the following and hit Enter.

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

After you reboot you will get a see a new stamp in the bottom right of the screen "Test Mode, Windows 7, Build 7600"

Now all of the unsigned drivers you have for x64 will work and load fine.

Edited by V3nd4