[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

I've ripped out the NK.EXE module folders from the 2 known IK1 roms.

Note that I have never flashed any of the IK1 roms, so i'm not sure what the actual RAM is.

But based on the screenshots, chinese IK1 is 139.63,

and XXIK1 SHOULD be 139.15, rite? Makes no sense if XXIK1 was different from the rest of the XXI** series.

The chinese IK1 with supposedly 139.63 MB RAM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MTW8UMSU

This is the XXIK1 with supposedly 139.15 MB RAM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F6JPQYWS

PS Still dead waiting for new ultralite roms >_>

Edited by powser

Guest Khuanchai
I've ripped out the NK.EXE module folders from the 2 known IK1 roms.

Note that I have never flashed any of the IK1 roms, so i'm not sure what the actual RAM is.

But based on the screenshots, chinese IK1 is 193.63,

and XXIK1 SHOULD be 193.15, rite? Makes no sense if XXIK1 was different from the rest of the XXI** series.

The chinese IK1 with supposedly 193.63 MB RAM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MTW8UMSU

This is the XXIK1 with supposedly 193.15 MB RAM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F6JPQYWS

PS Still dead waiting for new ultralite roms >_>

I think you mean 139.63 not 193.15 MB, right?

Phone part of FW is 16mb of size. I doubt that qualcomm RF chip has acess to NAND chip directly. So, probably, at least 16mb is occupied by phone FW using by RF chip. Besides this, RF also need some free RAM to work with.

So, may be around 20mb is reserved for RF chip.

I finally managed to port WM 28008. I haven't modified anything (and not tested it fully yet), it includes all Samsung application and, as Rodrigo said, memory is an issue. I don't have time for modifying the Rom and supporting any issues, that's why  I won't make it available to everybody. 

But I can give it Khuanchai and if he wants to test it (we really need to test to ensure that everything works) and modify, you may get the new cooked version. 

I attached some screenshots. As you can see Samsung Dialer doesn't work well with the bigger bottom bar. Free memory left is after I installed all my applications

post-420700-1261167788_thumb.png

post-420700-1261167798_thumb.png

post-420700-1261167808_thumb.png

post-420700-1261167819_thumb.png

post-420700-1261167832_thumb.png

Edited by wes58

Guest rodrigofd
I finally managed to port WM 28008. I haven't modified anything (and not tested it fully yet), it includes all Samsung application and, as Rodrigo said, memory is an issue. I don't have time for modifying the Rom and supporting any issues, that's why I won't make it available to everybody.

But I can give it Khuanchai and if he wants to test it (we really need to test to ensure that everything works) and modify, you may get the new cooked version.

I attached some screenshots. As you can see Samsung Dialer doesn't work well with the bigger bottom bar. Free memory left is after I installed all my applications

Good job.. i also made a 28008 port, and it works well... maybe i'll post it today

Guest gertitombo
I finally managed to port WM 28008. I haven't modified anything (and not tested it fully yet), it includes all Samsung application and, as Rodrigo said, memory is an issue. I don't have time for modifying the Rom and supporting any issues, that's why  I won't make it available to everybody. 

Good start Wes58! Congrat ;)

Guest acastiyo

Yes indeed.

You are amazing guys, great job. I see there is a lot of people involved in this, congratulations to all of you for the hard work and very good results!!!

Hope we can have plenty or ROMS and tweaks for our devices soon.

Cheers!!

Guest Michael Pang
Well I got 73.64MB but that's after you remove some shortcuts to applications from Windows\Startup folder (that start during windows startup) - like Voice command, Auto rotation, Player autoupdate. 

this sound the available memory not worse than the current 6.1 or 6.5 rom, isn't it?

@wes58

How did you manage to port newer rom to phone as last time I was reading this was one of the problems of cooking 02?

Well, that is what I have spent some time recently. To find a tool and the way for relocation to work. I must say it was a bit of luck because I forgot to do something after relocation what I thought I should do, and the rom worked. If I didn't forget the rom would be stuck on the splash screen during boot up. There is still something not right I think

Guest demon-knight
Well, that is what I have spent some time recently. To find a tool and the way for relocation to work. I must say it was a bit of luck because I forgot to do something after relocation what I thought I should do, and the rom worked. If I didn't forget the rom would be stuck on the splash screen during boot up. There is still something not right I think

So does that mean you found an allocation tool that works properly or just semi works?

Guest serverxeon

hi can i ask a few questions to clarify.

1) NB0 consists of a 256B header + 'PDA.OS.NB'

- Where do I get this PDA.OS.NB?

2) IMGFS.BIN can be extracted using OSNBTOOL from PDA.OS.NB

- What is IMGFS.BIN for?

3) IMGFS.BIN can be dumped using IMGFSDUMP.EXE

- What is the dumping for?

- What can you do with the dumped data?

4) Recompose NB0 from the original 256B header + PDA.OS.NB.NEW

- Is the PDA.OS.NB.NEW referring to the PDA.OS.NB that has been expanded to 0x1B200000?

- Where do i find the 'original' 256B header from?

Thanks!

Guest ANGEL_666
Well, that is what I have spent some time recently. To find a tool and the way for relocation to work. 

I may give you link on relocation tool, if you want. It help to save time, when porting.

Tool i found working for me is ExtReloc... maybe Wes or Angel_666 found another one

That's what I am using as well. But the problem is with the size of imageinfo.bin file in .ROM folder (at least I have one.) How about you?

Guest rodrigofd
That's what I am using as well. But the problem is with the size of imageinfo.bin file in .ROM folder (at least I have one.) How about you?

Yes, I8000 .ROM module has an unconventional size... just take .ROm from another device WM 6.5 rom.. e.g. HD2... its legal ;) Trust me