[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Guest MrChiliCheese

Hi have a really strange problem here...

first i removed the most imei***.pfg, flashed andy everythin worked fine. Now, i removed alle the "i8000*****.bmp" from "OEMApps"-folder... so, i didn't find any reference to this files (excluding the help-html-files)... so, now i'm flashing and now get the adjust screen in a loop...

so after a lot of hours i'm thinking that i'm doing a very simple or basic thing wrong?!?

Edited by MrChiliCheese

Guest DocSnyder

I also delete the "i8000*****.bmp". Without any problems! Disable welcome.exe (autostart), than dont come the adjust screen.

@ rodrigofd

Without csc file my ROM works great, but some registry values again changed.

Guest MrChiliCheese

Hi there, happy new year to everybody :)

after a lot of hours, i found the error:

when i make my changes to the OEM-folder and i assemble (i900 executor) everything and flash it everything works fine

so, when i change anything else or even don't change anything and assemble it again, for example bluetooth won't work anymore...

how can that be?

Edited by MrChiliCheese

Guest Mawrick26

Hi

I try to use I900Executor V2.6 to make rom for my B7610 in french and it works realy great (I recooked a dumped rom without problem) but i have one question if someone can help me:

Now i try to port xip with extreloc and i manage to port it succefully with the explication given by Wes but my problem is when i could insert it in the I900Executor process?

I work with an Os.nb

My steps for repacking my rom are :

1-Open I900 Executor ---> PDA ----> Assembly and launch Go

1- With buildos i make the dump folder

2- With Extreloc and xipPort I have a folder OUT (with my new xip) and i reallock my .vm and .rom in my dump folder according to my new xip

3- ???????????

4- I900Executor do the rest when i close Extreloc

When can i insert my new xip_out.bin or my new xip folder (with files and modules folder) or How?

If someone could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Ps: When i cook a rom twice i have exactly the same problem discribed by MrChiliCheese.

Edited by Mawrick26

Hi

I try to use I900Executor V2.6 to make rom for my B7610 in french and it works realy great (I recooked a dumped rom without problem) but i have one question if someone can help me:

Now i try to port xip with extreloc and i manage to port it succefully with the explication given by Wes but my problem is when i could insert it in the I900Executor process?

I work with an Os.nb

My steps for repacking my rom are :

1-Open I900 Executor ---> PDA ----> Assembly and launch Go

1- With buildos i make the dump folder

2- With Extreloc and xipPort I have a folder OUT (with my new xip) and i reallock my .vm and .rom in my dump folder according to my new xip

3- ???????????

4- I900Executor do the rest when i close Extreloc

When can i insert my new xip_out.bin or my new xip folder (with files and modules folder) or How?

If someone could help me.

Thanks in advance.

Ps: When i cook a rom twice i have exactly the same problem discribed by MrChiliCheese.

You should insert your xip_out.bin into os.nb after you build it with xipport.exe - so it means after you run BuilOS and Extreloc. I guess you could run BuildOS from the command prompt, then you run ExtReloc (and Xipport) then you get you xip_out.bin, and then you insert it with osnbtool into os.nb. After that you could run i900ExeCutor to build pda.nb0 from DUMP - you don't have to do anything with Extreloc then.

I don't use i900ExeCutor because you can't control each step, especially when you port new OS. It's good to build the final pda.nb0 from dump or when you don't have to port xip. 

Guest kibiwi

a question to improve my knowledge of the matter...the registry settings of the *.hv files can be overwritten with a custom *.rgu or *.provxml file?what is the real role of the boot.hv file? Someone have some hints?

Edited by kibiwi

Guest kaplex

can someone here can modify csc files? how to extract and repack it back. i try using pako777 latest tool it didnt work with octan downloader. i want to insert registry setting, and files that i didnt need to install again after flashing rom. please teach me how to do it..

Guest Pako777
can someone here can modify csc files? how to extract and repack it back. i try using pako777 latest tool it didnt work with octan downloader. i want to insert registry setting, and files that i didnt need to install again after flashing rom. please teach me how to do it..

EXEcutor assemble CSC only for i900 ! For i8000 impossible only disassemble multi_CSC and Single_CSC

EXEcutor assemble CSC only for i900 ! For i8000 impossible only disassemble multi_CSC and Single_CSC

Actually, Pako, it is possibble to assemble Single_CSC. I tried it and it worked. I put some information about CSC (what I could work out) in post #561. The question is whether it is worth writing software to do it? How often would you modify a CSC?

Guest Pako777
Actually, Pako, it is possibble to assemble Single_CSC. I tried it and it worked. I put some information about CSC (what I could work out) in post #561. The question is whether it is worth writing software to do it? How often would you modify a CSC?

Possible to assemble and Single and Multi (i don't know - Octans flash single_csc or not..). But in my plan not including "assemble CSC for i8000" to EXEcutor.. only personally to order and only for donate.. sorry, but now i haven't many times and work only with i900.. If I unexpectedly is released - I will try to look..

Edited by Pako777

Guest kaplex

It's not often modify csc. but once we modify it, we can use it forever to flash with our cooking rom.

From my understanding, csc is a file that we can insert registry or file that overwritten our cooking rom. is that right?

From that theory, i can insert setting, file, or maybe samsung today to overwritten our cooking rom. Since we many times modify our rom, we can shorten the time to make setting changes by insert registry into csc file. No need to make registry changes or insert file everytime we cooked a rom... thats from my understanding. Please correct me if im wrong.

Possible to assemble and Single and Multi (i don't know - Octans flash single_csc or not..). But in my plan not including "assemble CSC for i8000" to EXEcutor.. only personally to order and only for donate.. sorry, but now i haven't many times and work only with i900.. If I unexpectedly is released - I will try to look..

Yes, Octans can flash single CSC.

Guest Pako777
From my understanding, csc is a file that we can insert registry or file that overwritten our cooking rom. is that right?

From that theory, i can insert setting, file, or maybe samsung today to overwritten our cooking rom.

registry - yes.. files - not.. files from csc will be insert in device but not full overwritten old files (ROM contents remains old)

Guest Ganhiru

Hi, I got arround to trying to lighten up my dutch rom today.

And I have trown away a nice amount of files i don't use annyway.

I have found a long list of files with an .sbg extention.

form bgA01.sbg to bgC11.sbg .

Opening the files gives me some information: Adobe Imageready is on one of the first lines.

Is this Keep or GO »» !!

Guest ANGEL_666

But, when we are change and assemble single CSC file with Executor, Octans don't recognize it. So, Pako is right...

But, when we are change and assemble single CSC file with Executor, Octans don't recognize it. So, Pako is right...

Yes Pako is right if you try to do it with his Executor. What I said, was that you can make a csc (not with his application) and it will be recognized by Ocatns and will flash ok.

Guest ANGEL_666
Yes Pako is right if you try to do it with his Executor. What I said, was that you can make a csc (not with his application) and it will be recognized by Ocatns and will flash ok.

Sorry, for stupid question, but what way i can make csc to be recognizible by octans? (what application do i need?)

Being noob I don't know if this may be usefull or not, if it's old news or it's not good for Omnia2 or etc^^

But I post the link just in case...

Increasing Free Ram by editing XIP

http://www.techparaiso.com/increasing-free...by-editing-xip/

That's what I had tried post #28 and earlier http://www.modaco.com/content-page/298339/...tunnel/page/20/

Hi...I'm trying to cook my first rom, I'd like to update the Windows Mobile version. I am following these steps http://www.modaco.com/content-page/296097/...s-etc/page/480/ # are still in paragraph 17, do not know how to use buildos, if i need a specific kitchen. I would be grateful if I helped them, are a beginner. thanks

i'm just using pako777 executor only. try using that first. easy to understand.

edit: sorry, im should stated using pako777 tool can only for cooking dumping rom only. to cooked in latest winmo version i still dont know (unclear) how to insert it.

Edited by kaplex

i'm just using pako777 executor only. try using that first. easy to understand.

edit: sorry, im should stated using pako777 tool can only for cooking dumping rom only. to cooked in latest winmo version i still dont know (unclear) how to insert it.

Read also the 1st post of this thread.

1. i prefer to use this particular version from pako777 attached below.

2. use the dump utility from sorg as attached. copy to "My Storage" and run, wait for a OK prompt.

3. copy this file "msrom_dump.bin" to your kitchen in a new folder, eg ."d:\i900_executor_2.5\myrom"

4. run i900_excutor.exe, and dump ur "msrom_dump.bin".

5. Once done, open a dos command shell, go to "d:\i900_executor_2.5\myrom", run "..\tools\osnbtool -d msrom_dump.bin 2 imgfs.bin -acwan".

To update windows build,

(extract xip.bin with "..\tools\osnbtool -d msrom_dump.bin 1 xip.bin" in case u dun have it)

1. Replace all folders in SYS except .vm and metadata.

2. follow wes58 steps to port XIP manually, here.

8. Copy xip.bin to the folder where you have xipport.exe

9. Run xipport and press "dump xip.bin" button. Then press "write maps". Then press "make pkgs" This will create \out folder in your xipport directory

\out\romhdr.txt

\out\parthdr.txt

\out\files\OEMXIPKernel\*.* <--files

\out\modules\OEMXIPKernel\*.* <--modules

10. Delete folders MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK in both \Files and \Modules directories. Rename \out folder to let's say \outold

11. Get xip.bin for new OS and do the same steps as in point 9

12. Delete everything except for MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK in both \Files and \Modules directories.

13. From \MSXIPKernel folder delete hd.dll, hd.dll.txt, osaxst0.dll and osaxst0.dll.txt.

14. copy MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK folders in both \files and \modules to \outold folder. You can delete \out folder and rename \outold to \out.

15. Run xipport and press "undo" this will convert modules to flat dump.

Now you have xip ready for relocation.

3. copy XIPTools from Kitchen folder to ur "myrom" folder if it is not there, it will be created also when u run buildos.

4. your xip OUT folder will be in XIPTools folder as in my case. Just ignore the ROM folder in ur "myrom" folder, only work on OEM and SYS folder.

5. Once u have make the necessary modifications, select assemble pda from pako777's tool. uncheck run all_packages_to_one in options.

6. click green arrow button on buildos. resolve any errors if there's any.

7. Once buildos is done. go to myrom\tools\ folder and double-click extreloc.exe.

8. again, follow wes58 steps here:

18. Start ExtReloc

19. Go to setting page in imgfs path, point it to \TEMP\DUMP. Set appropriate nk.exe type (wm6.1 or wm6.5) all other setting you can use but default

20. Set path to your XIPort folder where you have your ported XIP (from step 15)

21. Tick Show page "Debug" and "Set active page "Debug" during reloc. Here you will see if you get any error during relocation.

22. Untick "Use packages.cif for reloc IMGFS (I am not sure what this does so I unticked it)

23. Go to work page, press "import xipport" and xipport start

24. Press "ReallocV" in extreloc

25. Go to xipport and press "realoc P". Press "write map" in xipport

26. Go to extreloc and double click on "physlast" number, press "realloc nk.exe gsiir" ... button

27. Go to xipport and press "realloc P" again. You shouldn't get any errors on Debug tab. Xip is now ported.

28. In extreloc drag the vertical white line to the left and press "realloc imgfs". Check for errors

29. Press "Save .VM and .ROM". Close extreloc

30. In xipport press "Build xip_out.bin".

9. use 010 editor (hex editor, version 2.0 prefer here). set xip_out.bin to same size as existing xip.bin and save. move xip_out.bin to myrom folder.

10. from dos prompt, cd to myrom\temp, run "..\..\tools\imgfsfromdump.exe ..\imgfs.bin ..\imgfs-new.bin".

11. go to myrom folder, run "..\tools\osnbtool.exe -c os.nb 1 xip_out.bin" <-- insert xip

12. run "..\tools\osnbtool.exe -c os.nb.new 2 imgfs-new.bin" <-- insert new imgfs.bin

13. open os.nb.new.new in 010editor, make sure filesize (scroll dwn to the end to check hex value of filesize) can be divided by 1f800 (hex). then run tools-> checksum, select checksum32. note the values and invert it eg , 81aa0e56 --> change to 560eaa81.

14. insert the header (1kb) in front of os.nb.new.new, change the rom size in bytes 0x0004h (values in reverse also), and the value in 0x0008h (rom size divide by 1f800, in reverse also), and checksum value in 0x000Ch.

14. save the file as XXX.nb0. You are done with ur ROM.

15. flash ur rom.

Note: Do not quote me, just experiment with it and u r done. And I will not be responsible for any damage done to you phone.

i900_EXEcutor_2.5.zip

dskdump_mystorage.exe

Edited by KSTAN