[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Guest jackyaway

KSTAN thanks you're giving me a big help!

Summary:

if I dump the file rom_dump.bin with i900_Executor, i get an error. Then with the rodrigo's utility i convert rom_dump.bin in rom_dump.nb0, so i get 2 files: rom_dump.nb0.OS.nb and rom_dump.nb0.pre.

I work on the file rom_dump.nb0.OS.nb from which I extract imgfs.bin and xip.bin.

I dump imgfs.bin and with PKGTool.exe i get OEM and SYS folders

I dump xip.bin, I copy XIP folder and romhdr.bin file in ROM folder

So i have:

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\ROM

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\OEM

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\SYS

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\XIPTools

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\rom_dump.nb0.OS.NB

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\rom_dump.nb0.pre

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\xip.bin

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\imgfs.bin

I run i900_Executor go in PDA tab and choose Assemble, Packet, i8000 OmniaII, untick all_packages_to_one and hit Go

BuildOS ends without errors, close it and open ExtReloc, follow the steps from 18 to 29, but when I close ExtReloc i get this error:

can not open file OS.nb.NEW Can not find the file specified

What is wrong? How to dump rom_dump.bin (get from sorg's utility) with i900_Executor without errors?

Thanks so much

Edited by jackyaway

KSTAN thanks you're giving me a big help!

Summary:

if I dump the file rom_dump.bin with i900_Executor, i get an error. Then with the rodrigo's utility i convert rom_dump.bin in rom_dump.nb0, so i get 2 files: rom_dump.nb0.OS.nb and rom_dump.nb0.pre.

I work on the file rom_dump.nb0.OS.nb from which I extract imgfs.bin and xip.bin.

I dump imgfs.bin and with PKGTool.exe i get OEM and SYS folders

I dump xip.bin, I copy XIP folder and romhdr.bin file in ROM folder

So i have:

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\ROM

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\OEM

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\SYS

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\XIPTools

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\rom_dump.nb0.OS.NB

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\rom_dump.nb0.pre

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\xip.bin

\i900_Executor\MYROMS\imgfs.bin

I run i900_Executor go in PDA tab and choose Assemble, Packet, i8000 OmniaII, untick all_packages_to_one and hit Go

BuildOS ends without errors, close it and open ExtReloc, follow the steps from 18 to 29, but when I close ExtReloc i get this error:

can not open file OS.nb.NEW Can not find the file specified

What is wrong? How to dump rom_dump.bin (get from sorg's utility) with i900_Executor without errors?

Thanks so much

I have no problems with the msrom_dump.bin so far. Did u get a "OK" prompt when u dump it on ur phone?

u can't find os.nb.new is 'cos u need to rename ur rom_dump.nb0.os.nb to os.nb, but need to make sure ur os.nb file size is 1b200000 else it will fail with osnbtool.

Guest jackyaway

sorg's utility terminate with a Success message with wrote Finished.

If i try to dump rom_dump.bin with i900_Executor i receive this message "Out of memory while expanding memory stream"

Now I try again from the beginning and check the file size os.nb ;-)

sorg's utility terminate with a Success message with wrote Finished.

If i try to dump rom_dump.bin with i900_Executor i receive this message "Out of memory while expanding memory stream"

Now I try again from the beginning and check the file size os.nb ;-)

jackaway: tries using latest tool from pako777 which is v.2.6. u will get automatic extracted folder - ROM,OEM & SYS.

kstan: thanks so much for the steps. it really useful for dumb person like me :)

Guest jackyaway

I've redone all over again and this time successfully.

I modified the file xip_out.bin to have the same size as the initial one. But now, in MYROM the folder .\temp\dump is gone, but i have a new file called PDA_100113_112807.nb0

How do I?

p.s. happens to you that RecMode goes wrong during the dump?

WM 6.5 Build 21889

Link :

http://rapidshare.com/files/332808439/21889.nb

Credits :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=616925

Notes:

You can rename the file to flash.dio and use bepe new tools to extract oem and sys and xip, or whatever is easy for u.

ED/TP Mirror:

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/indagroove/21889.nb

MF Mirror :

http://www.mediafire.com/?3dmzk4qtwym

Edited by jermx

Guest Tylwith

Hi all,

would like to point some theory i have about nb0, mst and hidden partition.

i haven't read all the page so i don't know of somebody has already found the same thing.

Actually in octans you can flash a pda file nb0 or a movNAND mst.

SO here the point .

MST file are not flash to the phone memory.they are flash in the hidden partition and octans trigger a language change if the pda file has not been assigned

that language change will flash the rom to the actual phone memory.

to check that theory i have flashed using octans one nb0 and one MST file during the same session.

result.

the langage installation was not triggered and i had the custom rom.

the hidden partition was flashed

i checked by triggering a language change and i had my official rom back.

(i was downgrading from 6.5)

i also see that after flashing the nb0 the octans log said that it was skipping language pack. then it flashed the movNAND.

hope it will help to create multilangage rom.

Tylwith

Guest jackyaway

Finally i have flashed my first custom rom successfully :) (thanls to KSTAN, wes and rodrigo)

Now I have a problem with the fonts, you see symbols instead of letters and numbers. In samsung interface characters are shown correctly, only in that part of windows you have this problem. which may be the cause? thanks

See images below

http://img685.imageshack.us/i/immagine004pi.jpg/

http://img686.imageshack.us/i/immagine003p.jpg/

Finally i have flashed my first custom rom successfully :) (thanls to KSTAN, wes and rodrigo)

Now I have a problem with the fonts, you see symbols instead of letters and numbers. In samsung interface characters are shown correctly, only in that part of windows you have this problem. which may be the cause? thanks

See images below

http://img685.imageshack.us/i/immagine004pi.jpg/

http://img686.imageshack.us/i/immagine003p.jpg/

Do not delete "SYSTEM_DEFAULT_FONTS" folder from SYS folder.

Guest jackyaway
Do not delete "SYSTEM_DEFAULT_FONTS" folder from SYS folder.

Thanks KSTAN for the reply...i have another question :) : in wm6550-23518 rollup there are folders like

ADC

ADC_LANG_0410

AlarmSounds

BaseAppsModules

Bth_Watch

COMPLEXSCRIPT_FONTS

gb18030

that are not in my SYS. I have to copy these folders in my SYS also??

Thanks KSTAN for the reply...i have another question :) : in wm6550-23518 rollup there are folders like

ADC

ADC_LANG_0410

AlarmSounds

BaseAppsModules

Bth_Watch

COMPLEXSCRIPT_FONTS

gb18030

that are not in my SYS. I have to copy these folders in my SYS also??

Remove those that are not in your original sys folders except riched20 and webview and SYSTEM_DEFAULT_FONTS. dun forget to keep ur original .vm and metadata folder.

Guest jackyaway
Remove those that are not in your original sys folders except riched20 and webview and SYSTEM_DEFAULT_FONTS. dun forget to keep ur original .vm and metadata folder.

ok!!!!! many many thanks KSTAN.... i start working :)

edit: whit KSTAN's help i have created my first custom rom with success!!! it seems to work well...

why on today there is: Beta Expires: 05/01/2010 ?

there is a way to not disappear behind the menu bar, programs like Resco Explorer and File explorer?

Edited by jackyaway

Guest cyron_at
Read also the 1st post of this thread.

1. i prefer to use this particular version from pako777 attached below.

2. use the dump utility from sorg as attached. copy to "My Storage" and run, wait for a OK prompt.

3. copy this file "msrom_dump.bin" to your kitchen in a new folder, eg ."d:\i900_executor_2.5\myrom"

4. run i900_excutor.exe, and dump ur "msrom_dump.bin".

5. Once done, open a dos command shell, go to "d:\i900_executor_2.5\myrom", run "..\tools\osnbtool -d msrom_dump.bin 2 imgfs.bin -acwan".

To update windows build,

(extract xip.bin with "..\tools\osnbtool -d msrom_dump.bin 1 xip.bin" in case u dun have it)

1. Replace all folders in SYS except .vm and metadata.

2. follow wes58 steps to port XIP manually, here.

8. Copy xip.bin to the folder where you have xipport.exe

9. Run xipport and press "dump xip.bin" button. Then press "write maps". Then press "make pkgs" This will create \out folder in your xipport directory

\out\romhdr.txt

\out\parthdr.txt

\out\files\OEMXIPKernel\*.* <--files

\out\modules\OEMXIPKernel\*.* <--modules

10. Delete folders MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK in both \Files and \Modules directories. Rename \out folder to let's say \outold

11. Get xip.bin for new OS and do the same steps as in point 9

12. Delete everything except for MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK in both \Files and \Modules directories.

13. From \MSXIPKernel folder delete hd.dll, hd.dll.txt, osaxst0.dll and osaxst0.dll.txt.

14. copy MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK folders in both \files and \modules to \outold folder. You can delete \out folder and rename \outold to \out.

15. Run xipport and press "undo" this will convert modules to flat dump.

Now you have xip ready for relocation.

3. copy XIPTools from Kitchen folder to ur "myrom" folder if it is not there, it will be created also when u run buildos.

4. your xip OUT folder will be in XIPTools folder as in my case. Just ignore the ROM folder in ur "myrom" folder, only work on OEM and SYS folder.

5. Once u have make the necessary modifications, select assemble pda from pako777's tool. uncheck run all_packages_to_one in options.

6. click green arrow button on buildos. resolve any errors if there's any.

7. Once buildos is done. go to myrom\tools\ folder and double-click extreloc.exe.

8. again, follow wes58 steps here:

18. Start ExtReloc

19. Go to setting page in imgfs path, point it to \TEMP\DUMP. Set appropriate nk.exe type (wm6.1 or wm6.5) all other setting you can use but default

20. Set path to your XIPort folder where you have your ported XIP (from step 15)

21. Tick Show page "Debug" and "Set active page "Debug" during reloc. Here you will see if you get any error during relocation.

22. Untick "Use packages.cif for reloc IMGFS (I am not sure what this does so I unticked it)

23. Go to work page, press "import xipport" and xipport start

24. Press "ReallocV" in extreloc

25. Go to xipport and press "realoc P". Press "write map" in xipport

26. Go to extreloc and double click on "physlast" number, press "realloc nk.exe gsiir" ... button

27. Go to xipport and press "realloc P" again. You shouldn't get any errors on Debug tab. Xip is now ported.

28. In extreloc drag the vertical white line to the left and press "realloc imgfs". Check for errors

29. Press "Save .VM and .ROM". Close extreloc

30. In xipport press "Build xip_out.bin".

9. use 010 editor (hex editor, version 2.0 prefer here). set xip_out.bin to same size as existing xip.bin and save. move xip_out.bin to myrom folder.

10. from dos prompt, cd to myrom\temp, run "..\..\tools\imgfsfromdump.exe ..\imgfs.bin ..\imgfs-new.bin".

11. go to myrom folder, run "..\tools\osnbtool.exe -c os.nb 1 xip_out.bin" <-- insert xip

12. run "..\tools\osnbtool.exe -c os.nb.new 2 imgfs-new.bin" <-- insert new imgfs.bin

13. open os.nb.new.new in 010editor, make sure filesize (scroll dwn to the end to check hex value of filesize) can be divided by 1f800 (hex). then run tools-> checksum, select checksum32. note the values and invert it eg , 81aa0e56 --> change to 560eaa81.

14. insert the header (1kb) in front of os.nb.new.new, change the rom size in bytes 0x0004h (values in reverse also), and the value in 0x0008h (rom size divide by 1f800, in reverse also), and checksum value in 0x000Ch.

14. save the file as XXX.nb0. You are done with ur ROM.

15. flash ur rom.

Note: Do not quote me, just experiment with it and u r done. And I will not be responsible for any damage done to you phone.

i900_EXEcutor_2.5.zip

dskdump_mystorage.exe

Opening the program form the storage card at the device causes an error message:

Cannot create\my Storage\.....

I am using a german rom!

Guest aol1978

could not do a cooking manual with pictures and a little more detailed

Some people want to do but we know a lot of computation or me

wish it were more detailed please I beg it.

I do not understand how

please please

Edited by aol1978

Guest jackyaway

i have a question: if i make changes only in OEM folder (without modifing SYS folder), after buildos, need extreloc? or can I go directly to osnbtool? thanks

Guest aol1978

could not do a cooking manual with pictures and a little more detailed

Some people want to do but we know a lot of computation or me

wish it were more detailed please I beg it.

I do not understand how

please please