[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Hmm. I need help. After extracting files from .rar, unable to see both .rgu and .reg but can see .dsm ?

did u enable the options to show hidden files in ur windows explorer.

did u enable the options to show hidden files in ur windows explorer.

Yup, but still can't see the file. When i re-extract the file from the .rar file. It ask whether to replace the file which cannot be seen.

Edit : Hmm. After restarting i can see it now. Wierd.

Edited by jermx

Guest mediacell
To update windows build,

(extract xip.bin with "..\tools\osnbtool -d msrom_dump.bin 1 xip.bin" in case u dun have it)

1. Replace all folders in SYS except .vm and metadata.

2. follow wes58 steps to port XIP manually, here.

somebody can explain, what the command for this step, to get SYS and OEM,

how to Dump imgfs.bin with ImgfsToDumpxxx.exe. what command for this step

thanks

Guest mediacell

I found this message from PKGtool

[Missing Manifests]

d92a4f0a-378a-4482-8fd3-bd127a05e4de.dsm

1dee4d4d-09a6-4589-83bd-7e2285dca939.dsm

723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm

3c0e4a75-7ea3-49cf-84e6-57285dc2a07f.dsm

c03837b3-32a2-a4dc-453b-6275534b928c.dsm

f924d38b-0419-deaa-f151-ed8f0d511a07.dsm

[Missing Files]

OEM\GSM

File: GSM0

File: GSM1

File: GSM2

File: GSM3

whats the problem???

Guest jackyaway
[Missing Files]

OEM\GSM

File: GSM0

File: GSM1

File: GSM2

File: GSM3

whats the problem???

there is no problem.

Now...someone can tell me if is this a correct procedure to edit the default.hv file?

dump default.hv:

1. SET _FLATRELEASEDIR=.

2. RGUCOMP -o default.hv -nologo > default.txt

3. Add 'REGEDIT4' (first line)

4. Last line MUST be empty

5. Save as UNICODE

... edit the txt file ...

build default.hv:

1. rename default.txt to boot.rgu (same folder as RGUCOMP.exe)

2. SET _FLATRELEASEDIR=.

3. RGUCOMP -b

4. rename boot.hv to default.hv

Thanks

Edited by jackyaway

Guest Qualquer coisa

Rodrigo, i'm new at the "cooking" world...

I've looked for info but just found at i900 forum. Don't get me wrong, i've been looking for 1-2-3 steps, for dumb people like me, heheheh, so, yours steps at porst #1 are meanin-less for me!

Could you help me a little bit more on this? I just want to be able to get a cooked ROM and add a single cab on in, repack and install on the phone... Simple as that...

I got those topics:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...le-6-5-kitchen/

and:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...900-using-syok/

The last one uses Syok utility... is this little tutorial compatible with GT-i8000 ?

Can you recommend me a topic witch could be a "start point" for cooking a Rom for me?

EDIT: I've been reading this hole topic and it explains a lot of questions that i had... But i have a newbie question:

Is it possible to unpack a ROM with the original N0B file or do I have to flash it and dump with sorg tool and start everything again?

Please keep in mind that my ONLY target is being able to add a single cab on the ROM (anti-theif program)...

Edited by Qualquer coisa

Guest defaultBR

Qualquer coisa, yes you have to do it

Portuguese: sim você tem que fazer essa chatice mesmo =|!!

QUESTION: I installed the secany PDA NXXJA1 .mst, after install i selected in the settings of the phone to change the language to portuguese so i can dump and do portuguese roms, but when its in middle of the process that appear a screen to select the language, its only a video ¬¬ , i cant select, it automatic select english and press go =(!! and the language dont change i get english rom no mather what language i set in the settings =(

I GOT IT, F*C* WHY THE SH*T this language setup has a automatic thing to select??? ¬¬ its ridiculous, i had to fight with the automatic system ¬¬, but i was more fast lalala =D

Someone can do the dsk_dump to "A Minha Memória" = "My storage"

or "Cartão de Memória" = "Storage Card"

i tryed to change the hex to it but it still try to send to "My Device"

cya,

Edited by defaultBR

"The target file "temp/dump/simTKit.dll" is a directory not a file" from BuildOS

What can i do to remedy this problem. Thanks.

Also i cant find OEM_Lang_0409 in OEM folder. Previously it was there on L2.

Edited by jermx

Guest aol1978
I've wrote tiny utility to dump ROM (in attachment)

Insert microSD card, copy dskdump to device and run it.

It will dump whole ROM (need several minutes) to \storage card\rom_dump.bin file.

It will show message box as it finished.

aplication in dump please rom in spanish please tanks

Edited by aol1978

Guest Qualquer coisa

I have an question (yes, i've read back until page 18, thats a lot of info, but i didn't found the answer)

I need to add a CAB in the ROM, and i have a RGU file that already "configs" the application for me. But how to add this CAB onto the rom?

I've already dumped and got it into packet mode (by Pako utility), an seen a lot of files (not really files, i think its more like foldes named as files with the "future structure" written in DLL). But I haven't seen any CAB file...

In this XDA topic (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508293), the autor says that there is an config.txt that is executed at firts boot and he could point the CAB's to be installed... i haven't found this config.txt on the files builted from dumpfile...

What i'm missing here?

EDIT: Well, I can't belive thats really hand made, but if it really is, do i have to do this steps?

Install the program onto a running os, get the files from the installed folders...

Go to the dumped ROM folder, run PKGTool on it. Then move the copied files above to dump/OEM/PrgName

Go back to the original CAB file, take the _setup.xml file and move to dump/OEM/PrgName. Rename it to RGU (and respect RGU file header, etc).

Then i have to write an PROVXML file to move those program files to the right place in fresh OS boot, like taking out from \Windows to \Program Files\PrgName ??

Run buildos to get a NB file and flash it.

Sorry guys, i really think that there is something like and autoexec.bat inside WM structure that i can tell it to install pure CAB files... but i could not find this in this post....

Edited by Qualquer coisa

Guest GTx-M.M

ok i hope someone answer this time :)

i have problem in step relocation i have a problem when i press ReallocV its tell there is no any .ROM and .VM

but the wired thing that i can see them you know in dump but the program can't so any solution's

and thanks

**************Found a SOLUTION*************

Edited by GTx-M.M

Guest defaultBR

ADD tweak for windows to search correct in all type of files

ps: new windows have a stupid key that filter the whole files and the search engine by windows (when you select to search IN the file) it only works for microsoft documents ¬¬ ( DIE M$)

here is the tweak and using the search of windows it will return ALL the correct results...

Open windows regedit and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ContentIndex

Change FilterFilesWithUnknownExtensions to 1

now if you set to search for podcast in the files it will list all the files, mainmenu.db, initflashfiles.dat and a few others that have a little reference B)

rodrigofd sayd that he use another tool, but if you do what i said, it will work correctly :)

Search Before the tweak

resultsbefore.jpg

and search after

searchafter.jpg

a little thing, but maybe you dont forget to edit everything B)

i dont know why initflashfiles dont appeared, i thik i already removed podcast from it, btw you have to edit it too :D

Edited by defaultBR

Guest defaultBR

Good tool for editing the .rgu files

get it from ppcgeeks

it show the .rgu like the regedit in windows B) muchhh more easy to work \o/

;D

ceregedit_setup.zip

complete info here

Edit:

cant understand, i removed everything about communities from the rom

-------------------- Communities ----------------

Removed all the references from mxipcold_zzzOEM_001.provxml (its the first to run, i looked it not and dont have any referece =\)

ADVERTISING SPAM.lnk (shortcut in portuguese o0)

Share Pix.lnk

start_communities.png

Communities.lnk

SharePix.exe

Communities.png

icon_communities.png

SharePix.exe.0816.mui

Deleted from initflashfiles.dat Communities.lnk and Communities.png

it all reference to communities isnt it?

and rom is bugged, blue skin, titanium, very strange, no cube, no mainmenu ;(

but i removed podcast and midomi succefully, i dont know why Communities DONT GO AWAY ¬¬ heheheh :)

Edited by defaultBR

Guest krzychoo89

Is any possibility to mapping keys ? I'd like to map middle button. Task manager when i hold it, start menu when I press.

Edited by krzychoo89

"The target file "temp/dump/simTKit.dll" is a directory not a file" from BuildOS

What can i do to remedy this problem. Thanks.

Also i cant find OEM_Lang_0409 in OEM folder. Previously it was there on L2.

the same problem solved deleting the folder in the new os sys...(duplicated folders really annoying problem...) ;)