The official Sony Ericsson Xperia X2 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

X2small.png
[teaser]This is the Sony Ericsson Xperia X2.

Packing Windows Mobile 6.5 in a very desirable design (complete with trademark arc slider), the X2 is available in both black and silver as pictured here. I've been using the X2 for a number of weeks, and now that the software on the device has hit retail status, it's time to open up my 'Ask Paul'.

If you have any questions about the device ahead of my full review (which will be online later this week), then post here! :D News page readers, click through to the main topic for a larger image.

P

PS I will be posting camera samples from the 8.1 megapixel camera - I know that's going to be a big point of interest![/teaser]

x2big.png

Guest Shuflie

What's the screen sensitivity like compared to the Diamond 2?

EDIT: Since you have two of them is one up for grabs in a Xmas compo? :D

Edited by Shuflie

The screen sensitivity is pretty good. It bizarrely seems to be slightly less sensitive at the top right corner (where the X is!), but overall it responds to the softest of touches.

Nice try on the comp, but sadly not! :D

P

Guest GuyAdams
HD2 or Xperia 2?

For what reason would you pick the HD2 over the X2 Paul?

Also how comfortable is the keyboard for extended usage, i.e a long email or small blog post.

.... and finally;

As a manufacturer do you feel Sony Ericsson's devices compare to their HTC equivalents in build quality and overall feel to the device?

Thank you

Speed primarily... the HD2 is very fast, the X2... isn't! :D The speed of the device will likely frustrate you.

The keyboard is very comfortable and the build quality feels top notch (maybe even better than the X2).

P

Guest Syphon Filter
Is that a valid comparison? They're quite different devices.

That said, HD2.

P

Haha!! This is what I was getting at. The two are very different devices, yet you have valid reasons for voting one way and not the other. I am getting more and more tempted to grab one...

Guest Syphon Filter
A HD2 or a X2?

P

Remember, I said HD2, but I could still not really like either... :D

lol!

P

HD 2 of course :(

The HD2 is a really drool-worthy device...but there some minor niggles (such as the camera tint etc) that make me think twice.

It's frustrating to look at all the cool WinMo hardware coming out and knowing that the OS they're running on makes them all near-fatally flawed considering how much you have to pay for them.

WinMo7 can't come fast enough, and they might as well just bury the platform if it isn't fixed with that release.

Guest fatso485

a few questions

1-the only serious problem with the x1 was the frustratingly low performance (even with the amazing ROMs from xda-devs). do you think things improved

2-there is a TF3D cab floating around did you get a chance test it?

3- do you get full %100 speed in playing xvid DVDrips?

4-does the camera records at full 30FPS @800x600. i never got the x1 to record faster than 20FPS

Guest sonyxperiax2

Hi all! I Think that this phone is one of the best, and the price is good, around 500 euro in Europe. I just want to loot at the recording quality! Please, if you can, post a recording sample of xperia x2 in mp4 at 800 x 480 ! Thank you very much!!

Guest Sonicr360

Paul

not really a comparison on models, but in terms of usability of WM6.5, how does it compare to the likes of Android and iPhone OS usability and feel.

I assume you have used these models, or perhaps had a taster?

I am lucky to work with people that have both, and I have to confess the Android and iPhone are soooooooooo tempting.

I am not interested in a 8MP camera to be honest..... the phone has to tick all the right boxes for me to think about purchasing this.

Also, not interested in the HD2, as I just feel its a little too hyped up for my liking !

Simon

a few questions

1-the only serious problem with the x1 was the frustratingly low performance (even with the amazing ROMs from xda-devs). do you think things improved

2-there is a TF3D cab floating around did you get a chance test it?

3- do you get full %100 speed in playing xvid DVDrips?

4-does the camera records at full 30FPS @800x600. i never got the x1 to record faster than 20FPS

1. No, if anything, it got worse.

2. Not tested.

3. I will test this, but haven't as yet. Not optimistic!

4. No.

Guest Core_sa
Also, not interested in the HD2, as I just feel its a little too hyped up for my liking !

Simon

As having owned the HD2 for a few weeks now I would like to comment on my views if anyone is interested :D

I have experienced no red tint problems with the camera. In fact it works very well and the twin flash is very bright and night / dark photo's are now possible. You can also record video with the flash which is great. The phone is compatible with almost all Winmo apps I have installed including the g-sensor.

Both my brothers have iPhones and I can assure you they had nothing but praise for this powerful device. The finger friendly touch screen and customised ui makes you forget you're even using Winmo. Sound is great, screen is great, video playback is awesome Facebook integration is wonderful (I can send a picture just taken or from photo library straight to Facebook in 2 steps without logging into Facebook).

I also have a Toshiba TG01 and can say the HD2 kills it in almost every way.

The hype in my opinion is all true :(

As having owned the HD2 for a few weeks now I would like to comment on my views if anyone is interested :D

I have experienced no red tint problems with the camera. In fact it works very well and the twin flash is very bright and night / dark photo's are now possible. You can also record video with the flash which is great. The phone is compatible with almost all Winmo apps I have installed including the g-sensor.

Both my brothers have iPhones and I can assure you they had nothing but praise for this powerful device. The finger friendly touch screen and customised ui makes you forget you're even using Winmo. Sound is great, screen is great, video playback is awesome Facebook integration is wonderful (I can send a picture just taken or from photo library straight to Facebook in 2 steps without logging into Facebook).

I also have a Toshiba TG01 and can say the HD2 kills it in almost every way.

The hype in my opinion is all true :(

Battery life on HD2?

Guest sonyxperiax2

Please dont talk about hd2, theres a mllion of post of hd2 and a few of x2. Let's talk of x2, and maybe a good comparison, but not hd2 only. However battery life of hd2 is quite poor, listening the music is half of xperia x2, x2 can play music four 20 hours, hd2 about 11. really bad thing about hd2..

Guest sonyxperiax2

Any news? I talked to a big phone company in Italy about x2 and they saied that it will land around 7 of december.. can it be?

Nice Walkthrough !!

Please add a sample of recording video when you review this beautiful phone! Thank you!!

Edited by sonyxperiax2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.