Opera releases new betas of Opera Mobile 10 and Opera Mini 5

Guest philly-d

Guest philly-d
thumb_18-Nov-2009_Opera10beta.jpg
Opera today launched the second Beta versions of Opera Mini 5 and Opera Mobile 10 browsers, available as free downloads. In this second Beta release, Opera Mini and Opera Mobile users can now enjoy popular desktop features, such as Opera Link and the Download Manager from their mobile phones.

With Opera Link, users can synchronise personal browser settings with their Opera desktop browser, as well as all their connected devices, ensuring that their bookmarks, Speed Dial and search engines are always accessible. The Download Manager gives users a better way to control and speed up downloads to mobile phones.

Enough blurb..., download by using your mobile browser:

For Opera Mini 5 beta 2 use http://m.opera.com/next
For Opera Mobile 10 beta 2 use http://m.opera.com/mobile

Are there any noticable improvements for you, or any features you are still missing?

Let us know! :D

[Via Opera.com]

Guest gianton

Thanks for the heads up mate, working faster than opera 9.7 on my topaz.

Only thing I miss is the landscape view.

Edited by gianton

Guest thescope

At least you can now open the Download manager after it was minimized.

I still feel as if 10 is missing lots of stuff that 9.7 had

Edited by thescope

Guest NuShrike
At least you can now open the Download manager after it was minimized.

I still feel as if 10 is missing lots of stuff that 9.7 had

Eats more RAM than 9.7 (~20MB+) although screen scrolling is much better now.

Guest runningtiger

Would like to be able to set different screen zoom levels for different sites in the "speed dial" window, and not just pre-set zoom levels, though those are nice and a good start - let me choose preset or enter the exact number and have it come back that way next time I open the site.

Example: my iGoogle home page I like to look at 140% but a local weather site I like needs to be viewed at 80%, and actually the sweet spot is somewhere between 60-80%. Don't like going into settings each time I view to change zoom settings accordingly.

Lastly, don't understand why when looking at say the mobile Twitter site at 100% zoom there is horizontal drift while scrolling? Why can the page move left & right when looking at it at 100% zoom? I find it slightly distracting and see no purpose.

Since installing this browser last night, my phone has been rendered useless once. Was browsing, left phone sit for a bit, came back to it and could not turn the screen back on. All lights looked normal, but could not get the screen back on without doing a reset. This is a new behaviour for my phone, never has done it before. Don't know if it's related to the new browser 'cuz it doesn't do it everytime. Can't cause it to happen. Just mentioning it in case others have same issue.

My phone is an O2 Orbit 2 (Polaris 200) running wm6.1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.