09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest llaszlo
I create new calendar event on my Pulse. If I sync with gmail account, this event not syncing to gmail calendar.

Why not?

If I try sync my contacts this process go to FORCE CLOSE.

MCR 1.7.

I wiped all data and reinstalled MCR 1.7. Contact sync is OK.

But a new calendar event no allways OK. If I add Reminder in event than sync is OK. But if I don't add reminder, not syncing to gmail.

Is it a BUG?

Edited by llaszlo

Use bluetooth to transfer files

I have a 8Gb SD card, and I want to copy music to it AND this should NOT be an issue i think, but for urgent files, i'll do that :)

@llaszlo: Üdv Margyarországról! :) Jó cucc ez a Pulse :)

Would anyone be so kind, and explain to me in what order I need to do things so I will make work app2sd on my Tmobile Pulse?

I have a rooted phone, tried aplying both roms. I succeded in that but I can not manage to partition my sd card properly so phone would recognise it. All I get is that internal memory is 93MB and that there is no external memory.

I have Amon Ra v1.5.2 recovery.

So please can anyone help me, I am completly new at this, and already have a headache, so put me out of my misery :)... I know I wasn't supposed to do this untill I was sure, but what can I do now. My option is to abandon that Ideao, wipe everything and only apply a rom whithout formating...but that would be like an admiting a defeat.

Is there any info I need to provide so someone could actualy know what I am doing wrong.

P.S.

I found a string for emulator with wich I got the info that there are 3 partitions on my sd card, that 1st is primary fat32 start 512b end 7169mb, 2nd is ext3 primary start 7169 end 7937 and that the 3rd is linuxswap(v1) 32mb also primary.

I dont mind doing everything again, and loosing all data cause I already hvae everything important backed up. I currently have this rom.

Would anyone be so kind, and explain to me in what order I need to do things so I will make work app2sd on my Tmobile Pulse?

I have a rooted phone, tried aplying both roms. I succeded in that but I can not manage to partition my sd card properly so phone would recognise it. All I get is that internal memory is 93MB and that there is no external memory.

I have Amon Ra v1.5.2 recovery.

So please can anyone help me, I am completly new at this, and already have a headache, so put me out of my misery :) ... I know I wasn't supposed to do this untill I was sure, but what can I do now. My option is to abandon that Ideao, wipe everything and only apply a rom whithout formating...but that would be like an admiting a defeat.

Is there any info I need to provide so someone could actualy know what I am doing wrong.

P.S.

I found a string for emulator with wich I got the info that there are 3 partitions on my sd card, that 1st is primary fat32 start 512b end 7169mb, 2nd is ext3 primary start 7169 end 7937 and that the 3rd is linuxswap(v1) 32mb also primary.

I dont mind doing everything again, and loosing all data cause I already hvae everything important backed up. I currently have this rom.

Recovery menu has an option to create the correct SD paritions for you. I used it to set up 0MB swap, 512MB ext2 and remaining on FAT32. I then used the option in Recovery to convert the ext2 partition to ext3. Job done.

Works fine. Only 'bug' as mentioned elsewhere is that you need to boot into recovery to repair the ext3 partition from time to time - after unmounting the sd or rebooting the phone etc.

Edited by Daz555

Guest Nikki Locke

You must NOT have a swap partition.

Either delete your swap partition using adb shell from your computer and parted, or wipe everything and repartition.

Do not succumb to the temptation to "upgrade" your partition to ext4. If my experience is anything to go by it will be a nightmare of force closes and random reboots.

In fact, unless you are really short of space on your phone, I wouldn't bother with apps2sd - I have stopped using it and my phone is much more stable.

I could really need some extra space...

After I deleted swap it has recognised fat32 partition correctly but on internal memory it says 95mb. What happend with rest of ext partition. and how do i make apps2sd work now

Edited by ozren

After I deleted swap it has recognised fat32 partition correctly but on internal memory it says 95mb. What happend with rest of ext partition. and how do i make apps2sd work now

I think in the settings menu, you only see the actual internal memory space, not the ext partition. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I use a 512Mb ext4 partition and I see ~85 Mb free space...

Isn's there a solution for the a2sd problem yet?

Guest Jason Patel

Any possibility to remove the Music Player from the ROM this way we could install our own and could get round the problem of it autoplaying when the headphones are plugged in.

Guest Nikki Locke

95mb is good, specially if you have some applications installed. Apps2sd must be working.

The settings screen will show the free space on the memory, not including the apps2sd partition.

Guest Casper-vH

I have a couple of issues. Not sure it is all related to this ROM.

1. Im getting force closes: On boot from java and at random moments from widgets. It all seems to work fine afterwards though. Maybe I shouldve wiped before updating from 1.2 to 1.7. Ill do that and Il convert my ext4 partition to ext2.

2. Sending txts and making phone calls fails sometimes. When sending txts it will tell me sending failed. Then I have to try a couple of times before it is send. This happens occassionally (say once every 30 messages). When it does I always have a good network reception. Making phone calls fails in the following way: The screen says dialing, but I do not here any sounds. No dial tones and no phone ringing sounds. After a minute or so the screen will give my the call ended screen. I also have to try multiple times.

I have a dutch unlocked (by factory) phone on a ben.nl SIMcard.

3. Touchpal

Sometimes, when typing very fast, the keypad doesnt respond for a couple of seconds. I cant type or do anything. Very annoying...

Anybody having similar problems?

Guest Nikki Locke
I have a couple of issues. Not sure it is all related to this ROM.

1. Im getting force closes: On boot from java and at random moments from widgets. It all seems to work fine afterwards though. Maybe I shouldve wiped before updating from 1.2 to 1.7. Ill do that and Il convert my ext4 partition to ext2.

3. Touchpal

Sometimes, when typing very fast, the keypad doesnt respond for a couple of seconds. I cant type or do anything. Very annoying...

Anybody having similar problems?

I would recommend ext3 rather than ext2. If you need the space (the phone is more stable without apps2sd).

As for the keyboard, I think that's normal - the phone is busy doing something in the background.

I have another issue.

I'm using ext4 partition for a2sd and Panda Home. The phone is a bit laggy when sliding the home screen and the phone frequently stops responding to touch. I noticed that in 4 player reactor, it always stop reacting to touch, but also in the home screen...

Shall I remove the ext partition and wipe the phone?

Paul could you also add 2.0 /2.1 app icons into the Online kitchen :)

O yeah .... are u going to look into netfilter agian :0 because me want some wifi action on my pulse :)

Guest stealthcopter

Had some force close issues when I first tried it (upgrading from 1.2) but wiping it fixed that.

Thanks for another brilliant rom, very fast :)

Guest townsejl

Guys,

I'm currently running the U8230 1.1 custom rom on a pulse which hasn't had the December update yet. Can I apply the dec. update as described in the first post of this thread (from within the settings on my phone) and then update to the new 1.7 (from within recovery) or do i need to do a nandroid restore of the 'virgin' t-mobile rom (as the phone originally started with) before doing the december update.

I'm just a bit worried that applying the dec. update to a phone that doesn't currently have a stock rom might brick it.....

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

Jamie.

Guest starkos
Guys,

I'm currently running the U8230 1.1 custom rom on a pulse which hasn't had the December update yet. Can I apply the dec. update as described in the first post of this thread (from within the settings on my phone) and then update to the new 1.7 (from within recovery) or do i need to do a nandroid restore of the 'virgin' t-mobile rom (as the phone originally started with) before doing the december update.

I'm just a bit worried that applying the dec. update to a phone that doesn't currently have a stock rom might brick it.....

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

Jamie.

Yea it's perfectly fine to install Dec Update over the rom, you will need to re-flash the recovery image after doing that too. I personally recommend doing a wipe before flashing 1.7 rom but that's up to you, just remember to do Nand backups lol!

Guest Vince Scott
What does the "Fix apk uid mismatches" do exactly?

i am by no means an expert on this but from my limited understanding of android i think each app gets bundled in an .apk file and each app runs under a different UNIX user id (uid). This helps to isolate apps from each other and makes the whole system more secure.

Now, I suspect that the fix apk uid just resets the ownerships of either the .apk files or any files that those apps have created on storage.

I don't know where the mapping of apk -> uid happens as i don't recall seeing anything like an /etc/passwd file when snooping around the filesystem so maybe its done dynamically? and every now and again it gets out of sync.

HTH

-v

I have to give a vote for Launcher17 too. Its not just a HTC style, it has folders, easy uninstall, etc.

I would also like to request that the HTC IME keyboard be added if at all possible, the best keyboard out for those of us with bigger fingers.

It would be cool to have launcher17 as a option and the auto repair for the SD ext partition added. The HTC keyboard Paul will not be able to add due to it not being open source I think.

I can't believe how stuck I am.. I know you have given instructions at the beginning of this thread.. but am I doing it all wrong ?

Have updated to December version .. so far so good.

Now I have downloaded and unpacked v 1.7.

Should I carry out a nandroid back up now ? There is nothing on my phone any more anyway as I lost this during the december update - happy with that as I can start a fresh anyway.

When copying v 1.7 to the SD card which files should I copy and then what is the process rom there ? Would anyone care to explain this section ? :)

Thanks

(a rather lost) dave

I can't believe how stuck I am.. I know you have given instructions at the beginning of this thread.. but am I doing it all wrong ?

Have updated to December version .. so far so good.

Now I have downloaded and unpacked v 1.7.

Should I carry out a nandroid back up now ? There is nothing on my phone any more anyway as I lost this during the december update - happy with that as I can start a fresh anyway.

When copying v 1.7 to the SD card which files should I copy and then what is the process rom there ? Would anyone care to explain this section ? :)

Thanks

(a rather lost) dave

There's not really any need to do the Nandoird backup, as you surmise, there's no data to save. It will give you a very stock image to restore if you do feel the need.

You need to put the whole zip file, without extracting it, onto the SD card to do the ROM install.

Once you've done that then you need to use the Flash zip from SD card option on the recovery ROM.