09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Totyasrác
You'll need to do a repair everytime you reboot the phone. Otherwise apps wont install.

And this is exactly why I don't go for the apps2sd app and partitioning my SD :)

Guest peter2009

Hey there,

I´ve the Modaco Custom Rom U8230 1.1 on my Pulse.

First I´ve to do a DecemberUpdate, can I update it direct on my Custom Rom, or do I have to roll back an original T-Mobile Rom first?

How can I save my Messages and Apps on my Pulse?

And this is exactly why I don't go for the apps2sd app and partitioning my SD :)

Dam that's a bummer didn't know that, I hope this has been looked into for future release's.

Dam that's a bummer didn't know that, I hope this has been looked into for future release's.

Yeah apps2sd does not cope well when phone is rebooted or any sd card mount/unmount operations are performed.

I would not be able to run all the apps I have without APPS2SD so for me this minor annoyance is worth it.

Edited by Daz555

Guest demusss
Yeah apps2sd does not cope well when phone is rebooted or any sd card mount/unmount operations are performed.

I would not be able to run all the apps I have without APPS2SD so for me this minor annoyance is worth it.

Paul has added e2fchk to boot time in 1.8. Its supposed repair the partition at boot time. Not sure if it actually works or not.

Guest magneticflip

I've tried to install this to my unlocked Pulse, but despite wiping and setting up the partition, it's not having any of it.

Whilst this installs ok, trying to restore apps from my old install to it via Titanium Backup doesn't work properly. Titanium Backup vanishes altogether on some occasions. Has anyone else had any trouble, or am I being a total numpty?

Guest robot1000
Looks like there may be a new 8230 update on the huawei site, maybe worth looking at but haven't managed to download yet due to slow connection...

U8230V100R001C00B250

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/down...20&treeId=0

Probably the same software as the other downloads, but in a different language.

But we can always be optimistic!

Edit

Doesn't seem to want to open as a zip file. Anyone know what extension it should be changed to?

Edited by robot1000

Guest demusss
Probably the same software as the other downloads, but in a different language.

But we can always be optimistic!

Edit

Doesn't seem to want to open as a zip file. Anyone know what extension it should be changed to?

I think theres a problem with either the file or the server.

How big is your downloaded .zip file?

I've tried to download it twice and is stopped at 8.4M and 5.8M

Guest robot1000

23.326 mb

Guest peter2009

Hey guys,

me again, hope someone can answer my question.

If I wanna do a 1.7 Modaco update on my 1.1 Modaco, do I have to rollback on an originally T-Mob Rom to do the December Update? Or can I install the December Update over my 1.1 Modaco Custom ROM?

Hey guys,

me again, hope someone can answer my question.

If I wanna do a 1.7 Modaco update on my 1.1 Modaco, do I have to rollback on an originally T-Mob Rom to do the December Update? Or can I install the December Update over my 1.1 Modaco Custom ROM?

no need to roll back. just do the dec. update while in 1.1

Guest robot1000

I've uploaded the working zip file to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KW8CR2KG

It's definitely a firmware of some sort

Although I doubt it would be the android 2.0 as it's only just been announced.

Maybe Paul could have a look at it?

Guest Downloaderz

Anyone else having problems with pulse not being able to receive calls? (O2 UK sim). It was working fine a few days ago, but now I cant be contacted at all. SMSes are fine, and i can also make calls, just not receive them.

Guest peter2009

@Paul,

where is busybox in your Modaco 1.7 Rom? Can´t find it in the menu?!? Or did I unterstand something wrong in your explanation of the Rom on first page?

Guest peter2009

Hi,

found a bug in your 1.7 Rom.

After I get a call, my Pulse still vibrating a few seconds. It vibrates 5-10secs after the call has begun, than it stops.

Hi,

found a bug in your 1.7 Rom.

After I get a call, my Pulse still vibrating a few seconds. It vibrates 5-10secs after the call has begun, than it stops.

Interesting. I've not had that issue.

There is a bug in this rom:

When listening to music though your headset, if you get a notification the music will begin to play out of the speaker with the notification. Both music + notification should be routed to the headset.