[ROM] RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 'ULTRA LITE'

Guest rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd

RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 122209 BASED FROM LAST WM 6.5 ROM

-------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I designed an Ultra-Lite Omnia 2 I8000 custom ROM for free use.

The

First of all, acknowledgements and thanks.

---------

Weisun/Acwan @ PDAClan for his tools and tech info about unpacking & packing I8000 ROMs

Secany for his contribution

Bepe, Pako777 for his handy cooking tools

Lancez,Kstan,Wilson @ China, Tacchan23 for his translation and experimenting contribution

Wes and Khuanchai for being fellow cookers :D

Ginkage for his great OpenGL v1 wrapper

Sorg for his ROM dumping tool

A HUGE THANKS to all the friends that already donated me even before receiving anything

Very grateful to you for supporting my work!

NOTES ( PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ)

1) I release this version ROM release 'as-is', there is NONE garantee that any, or none, of phone functions will work after flashing this ROM.

It is only the PDA part of ROM to be flashed, so no risks of bricking phone should exist. Even so, i won't be responsible for any loss of data or phone damage.

I tested it and worked fine up to where i reached, but i am not sure 100% functions work correctly

1.:D. :D it works in american I8000L, i tested myself, i own both I8000 and I8000L. But again, i don't guarantee it at all.. Try it at your own risk.

1.C) DO NOT attemp to flash this if you own a OmniaII B7610.

2) Though is only PDA part, i 'recommend' using it in conjunction with phone part IL2 (comes with IL5 official ROM)

To achieve a true 'ultra-lite' effect, i suggest checking 'ERASE CSC DATA' in OCTANS FLASHER. (i believe SORG's version Octans Mini doesn't have the option).

Please keep in mind that this will also erase some 'pretty' splashes and animations: the charging-while-in-off animation, the flashing-animation, and early boot logo.

Don't worry about those ugly-messages you'll get in those situations, phone will still charge when off, and flash normally.

If you don't, some stuff won't apply correctly (e.g. wallpaper, connections)

2) WM build didn't change for now, so it is the same as stock ROM, build 5.2.21888.

3) I ripped almost ALL SAMSUNG SOFTWARE. So i'll just note what i actually left:

Samsung Camera App

Samsung FM Radio App

Samsung Touch Player

Video/Audio Codecs

The rest is gone :(

I cooked in:

Windows Live latest version (the one from windows marketplace)... including Messenger

Removed CAB setup security check

Microsoft SDK Certs

Ginkage's Open GL v1 WRAPPER version 0.258

NET Compact Framework 3.5

HTC LEO WM 6.5 black theme with wallpaper (this can be easily replaced with the one you like)

This is the first release so expect some bugs. All bug reports are welcome, but remind 'report' is not the same as 'complain' ;) .

----> DOWNLOAD NOW RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM v.122209 <----

NOTE: do NOT use LANGUAGE CHANGE feature of the 'Samsung Settings' applet... if you do so, you'll make a mess, probably restore your previous flashed rom, in that language, and my rom will get ripped off.. Language change is not supported in my roms, you are stuck with english language for now..

Bugs known (minor):

None yet

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd

SAMSUNG OEM APPS CAB REPOSITORY

My ROM analysis might not be 100% perfect, this means that this CABs i post here are proven to work with MY custom ROM, but i don't guarantee they work in others customs roms (e.g. Khuanchai, etc) ... use at your own risk !!

THIS IS MY WORK. DO NOT MIRROR OR POST ON OTHER PLACES PLEASE!

IL5 version OEM Apps

Samsung Phone Canvas IL5

Samsung XT9 + Keyboard IL5

Samsung TecAce Photo Album IL5

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest Michal Vogl

Thank you. Installed, it works very quickly, lot of ram. Only english. Is it possible to change language?

Which keyboard do you reccomand to use. Microsoft is very small for me.

Many thanks.

Guest touchprogeek

rodrigo, muchas gracias mi amigo!

That is awesome work on your part, thanks so much! I'll try out the ROM tonight if I get a second and report back to you about how it works.

SOOOOOOOO looking forward to the LEO rom!!!!! Soon as I scrape a few pennies together, they are off to you mi amigo!

Guest rodrigofd
Thank you. Installed, it works very quickly, lot of ram. Only english. Is it possible to change language?

Which keyboard do you reccomand to use. Microsoft is very small for me.

Many thanks.

Sorry michal, but only english for the moment. My cooked ROMs aren't like the official ones that have the 'language change' option... you are stuck with english... which is ironic since i speak spanish, i should have cooked in spanish :D but i am so used to english that is the same to me by now, besides english would serve a much larger group of people worldwide . it amazes the diversity of people that i can reach to with my work (canadians, chinese, taiwaneses, spanish, russians, cretens even ! haha) ...

Where are u from ? which language do you want?

@RDF

i've tried to download ur ROM 3 times already but fialed, i dont if its something wrong with my laptop or because i am driving right now. 1st time i got like 8 MB, 2nd time is about 27MB and 3rd time is 35MB. am trying the 4th time now, hopefully it'll work out.

Guest rodrigofd
@RDF

i've tried to download ur ROM 3 times already but fialed, i dont if its something wrong with my laptop or because i am driving right now. 1st time i got like 8 MB, 2nd time is about 27MB and 3rd time is 35MB. am trying the 4th time now, hopefully it'll work out.

Strange, i used a method that one of MODACO admins provided me, PAUL, and it seems some people could download successfully...

I'll PM you with some solution dont worry :D

Guest Michal Vogl
Sorry michal, but only english for the moment. My cooked ROMs aren't like the official ones that have the 'language change' option... you are stuck with english... which is ironic since i speak spanish, i should have cooked in spanish :D but i am so used to english that is the same to me by now, besides english would serve a much larger group of people worldwide . it amazes the diversity of people that i can reach to with my work (canadians, chinese, taiwaneses, spanish, russians, cretens even ! haha) ...

Where are u from ? which language do you want?

I am from Czech. Interesting thing - I found samsung settings - I changed to Czech and after some minutes I had all Samsung back. It has to be somewhere in mobil all samsung rom. Now I am flashing again. Many thanks for your work.

what is the status on free ram? is the pagepool-thingy resolved (i mean the topic where everyone is speculating about the reserved part of the memory)? can't wait to try it out... :D

thanks man!

Strange, i used a method that one of MODACO admins provided me, PAUL, and it seems some people could download successfully...

I'll PM you with some solution dont worry :D

alright, thanks. am still downloading, and it passed 30% now. will let u know :(

Guest hiperjp

Excelent!. If it's possible in the near future ROM's, you can change the bundled Adobe Reader LE (with NO Search option), with the version I use.

Adobe_Reader_2.5_LE_with_SEARCH.cab (2.12 MB)

Install in My Storage, for Main Storage saving. :D

Question RodrifoFD. Please tell me if you consider a Spanish release in your plans.

Edited by hiperjp

@RFD

is the samsung dialer included? and how do i enable it by registry? thanks

still cant enable it, maybe its not in the ROM?

Edited by Lancez

Guest Michael Pang

According to secany,

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1121880

Quite a few

Some major updates from K5 to L1:

- WM6.5 rev 21876

- Comes with antivirus

- Touch player added iTunes playlist sync.

- Fixed backlight, lockscreen, freezed problem.

- Improved contacts book searching.

- Imrpove Youtube app.

- SMS app more stable and speed.

- etc......

And L1 was approved, so soon you guys can download from Samsung or upgrade from NPS.

Agian, since the coocked ROM was out, I won't upload this ver. Please NO COMMENTS. Thank you.

--------------------

i8000's ROM : download HERE

password : secany_i8000

Edited by Michael Pang