Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195

@Darius P.: No, I didn't include this in my roms. I'll test it and if I consider it's worth cooked in, I'll cook it. :D

@singhpps: you can try to edit this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:0 .... and change the values from 0 to 1, but I remembered I tried it once and gave me some incompatibilities with 6.5.3. ... I mean the bottom start menu and taskbar.

Guest onslaught86

Just a thank-you post, upgraded to an i900 from an HTC Titan a week ago and have been hunting around for the ROM I like most since the day the phone arrived - three flashes later (In Vista with Grandprix too, I do so enjoy the learning curves that come with every new phone), your 28227 Normal build gets the win - nice and smooth, lag and bloat-free, and the shutdown animation is pretty. Great stuff, and much appreciated! :D

Really dig that digital battery too.

Guest Alien-Tech

First of all, let me apologize for swearing... but this is one fu*king GREAT rom. I won't congratulate just yet, let me use it for a few days first, but after all the other roms I tried this one fits my desires all the way.

Thank you Steff...... 10/10!

hi steff

with my phone the 28230 normal is having the deep sleep syndrom, you know battery out and starting again. Did a hard reset but that didn't help. With that said, wow the graphics and the smoothness of this rom is great :D

Guest steff195

After testing it during the past few days I found myself this 28230 has some weird problems, it must be the build's fault, since I use the same files when cooking, except the build ones. So... I really don't know what could be causing these problems.

Other problem discovered by me would be the camera menu fonts, which look kinda weird, the fons are kinda washed and bigger than usual. :D

Guest steff195

Yeah... I think I'll withdraw 28230, both versions ... please don't flash it anymore.

Instead I'll cook for you 23534. :D ... with the same graphics :lol:, as I saw you liked it. :D

Guest Alien-Tech

"deep sleep syndrome" too.

OMG I didn't notice before, but my phone is sleeping like Anastasia. Please be kind and cook the same ROM or familiar without that sleeping bug. I know I don't have any right to be fussy about it, but my last two flashes (yours and PDhee's) had that sleeping Anastasia bug. I know those were not the last hours flashed down the drain but I sure hope I'll have my phone number available for at least 2 days :D

EDIT: I am sorry Steff I hope I am not wrong, but I figured out, that your ROM works just fine the sleep bug problem appears when S2U2 v 2.30 is installed and or overrides the default lock. I uninstalled S2U2 and after few hours my phone is working like a charm!

EDIT: Phone went into deep sleep before it should wake me up, So it must be a sleeping bug there!

Waiting for updated, improved ROM... thanks!

Edited by Alien-Tech

Guest singhpps
@Darius P.: No, I didn't include this in my roms. I'll test it and if I consider it's worth cooked in, I'll cook it. :D

@singhpps: you can try to edit this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:0 .... and change the values from 0 to 1, but I remembered I tried it once and gave me some incompatibilities with 6.5.3. ... I mean the bottom start menu and taskbar.

Hi Steff

I did this already but the dialer then comes with scroll bar. Steff I spent around 24 hours in 4 or 5 days and i did all the tricks which is available in this or other forums but no help. Thats why I am asking your help. Please help me.

Guest steff195

@singhpps: I can't help you! Sorry! Maybe you should install another dialer... they are a few quite good dialers available out there. :D

Now, let me come with some news: 23534 both versions released today! From what I checked it doesn't have the 28230 problems. :D The same look as prevoius, but no screenshots this time... I had no time.

Edited by steff195

Hi Steff and the rest of the gang,

Steff, I can see today you released a new ROM. I’m trying your 28223 M2D.

Despite the help, I still get lost in those (names) numbers… :D

By the way, great work, and thanks !!

Probably I didn’t do a proper research (lack of time in real life…) but I haven’t found any “repository list” (I don’t mean links) containing information about specific apps: Backups, contact managers, calculators, agendas, personal assistants and appointments managers, flv avi mpeg (video) players, dictionaries, etc., etc.

I can find some of them on the web but the experienced advices won’t ever be rejectable…don’t you think so ??

Now, you said once:

- You'll not be able to open pictures, audio, etc... until you install you favorite player/viewer for each of that category... I removed the standard ones also because there are many better applications out there than those.

As that states, I cannot play my usual MP3 ringtones.

I though the included Win Media Player was enough to handle my (I think) standard MP3 files (I extrapolated my PC knowledge to WinMo but obviously I’m wrong).

Could you PLEASE tell me some examples of “favourite players” I might “acquire” in order to smoothly play my beloved song-extracted ring tones ??

Thanks in advance,

Phb.

Guest hamasaki

hey steff, can u tell me where can i download installation file for viewing chinese words in my omnia?

and i don't know why i can't play video in photo album is it a bug?

Guest ohmi_gaad

I also have a bit of a sleep problem (28227). The phone powers off or goes to sleep. Pressing the power button wakes it.. It looks to me like the power setting is simply being followed. I can still receive calls, but have to press the power button to wake the phone. If I change the power setting to none, it stays awake. I assume it will kill the battery faster.

Very nice though Steff..

Guest ohmi_gaad

Steff, I did a search on 23534 and saw a Yardidas fellow talking about his cooking and releasing a 23534 also. How do we ensure we are getting your downloads?

hi,

My omnia doesn't restart automatically even:

1. After press the reset hole.

2. After hard reset

3. After soft reset.

It switches off , and i have to return ON the omnia i900 manual with power switch on the top.

Need help and advice to resolve this issues

1. Battery is full

2. Offical ROM DZAI5 used

3. Didn't change the anything else?

thanks !

Guest ronaldb3

Hi steff,

Why do you remove Large Display?

I use it (tap upper left corner) as a nice easy way to get to Programs and Settings when I know where I am heading.

I have the exe file from an older rom that I can/do add, so no big deal. Just wondering.

Ron...

Guest ohmi_gaad

Can someone please post the link to the 23534 M2Dv2 uploaded today by steff195.. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance... :D

Edited by ohmi_gaad

Can someone please post the link to the 23534 M2Dv2 uploaded today by steff195.. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance... :D

Even the lite version! I tried last night and it stopped by itself halfway. Trying again now needs 1 1/2 hours!!!!

Someone upload somewhere else!!

Edited by Sb.

Guest Orbit71

Hi Steff,

I was looking a little bit around and you are really cooking great ROM's - but unfortunately I have seen also a lot of users which really like to have a "full" Version – like me.

Beside your Normal and M2DV2 an extended Version (based on M2DV2) which includes the Windows standard applications would be great – or in other word, please do not remove in such aversion basic Operating functions like

• calllog

• removed Large Display from Settings/System

• default ringtones

• You'll not be able to open pictures, audio, etc... until you install you favorite player/viewer for each of that category... I removed the standard ones also because there are many better applications out there than those

• Remote Desktop

• finally removed DivX Registration from Settings/Personal

• removed My Phone from Start Menu, as it already exists in Settings

• etc.

A interesting goody may also the Wireless Router … as hi is cloe to the OS to make it correct running.

You do not need to add applications which can be installed by cab like Smart Converter ….

With such a version, you would please a lot a additional and new users. We are looking for it….

Thanks

Edited by Orbit71

Guest WarriorPrincess26

Hi Steff195!

Any assistance with disabling threaded sms in your ROM?

Have searched many forums and he registry keys mentioned don't exist for modification.

Cheers in advance.

Great ROM otherwise.

Guest blade87
Hi Steff195!

Any assistance with disabling threaded sms in your ROM?

Have searched many forums and he registry keys mentioned don't exist for modification.

Cheers in advance.

Great ROM otherwise.

Search for Advanced Configuration Tool or Favorite Hackings and try to disable Threaded SMS with those apps.