Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest meng1557
@meng1557: ok, man, you should have specified that you don't use my roms, that could mislead the other users. :)

For the camera fonts issue you have to replace the gwes.exe folder under OS folder in the SYS files. ;)

Thanks.Yahooo....... :P

Guest meng1557
@meng1557: ok, man, you should have specified that you don't use my roms, that could mislead the other users. ;)

For the camera fonts issue you have to replace the gwes.exe folder under OS folder in the SYS files. :P

My Omnia cannot start after replace gwes.exe as you said. :)

Guest kmaatouk

Hey steff i have a little question, usually the Omnia only show the 2 arrow with an X or the 3G icon when we are not connecting. do you know how to make itshow the G/E/3G/3G+ connectivity icon by default without connecting ? like in ur roms??? cuz i dont have it :)

thx alot

Guest gypsygirl13

This is my very first post here ever ;).

I just wanted to say that yours is the 2nd ROM I've tried on my i900 and I'm really happy with it. I'm using your latest build M2Dv2.

Thanks for such a great ROM. :)

Guest steff195

@Frapple: try the last roms, it's almost the same as 23544 plus it has those issues solved. :)

@leunamme: don't know... try to search the forum, but if you did that already and you didn't find anything I guess it isn't a cab.

@kmaatouk: try to change some options in the Phone menu, the band selection tab.

@sToPmE: thanks.

@gypsygirl13: also many thanks.

Guest DanielCKX

Hi Steff ive been using your roms almost since Kuanchai left. I recently upgraded to 28232 and everything is great except for the video recording function in the camera. I tries to record with no problem, but when i try to play them the program closes. Even when I transfer any of the "recorded" file to my PC, i can hear the sound but see no picture. Im using 28232 M2Dv2.

Guest Stric

Don't know if i messed up with flashing (it was my first time) but ther is no Java in this ROM? And also finger mouse doesn't seem to work. :)

Well i can live with no finger mouse but not without Java couse alot of games i have to play with Java. And also new Opera mini runs with Java.

So is possible to install Java somehow without flashing again? couse i like this rom alot and i don't wanna do flashin again. One of the reasons is also that i don't have XP on my computer.

Guest jms2367
Don't know if i messed up with flashing (it was my first time) but ther is no Java in this ROM? And also finger mouse doesn't seem to work. ;)

Well i can live with no finger mouse but not without Java couse alot of games i have to play with Java. And also new Opera mini runs with Java.

So is possible to install Java somehow without flashing again? couse i like this rom alot and i don't wanna do flashin again. One of the reasons is also that i don't have XP on my computer.

you need to install jbed or jblend if java is not cooked in. you may use the forum search function. but to make it easier, i attached jbded for you. :)

there is a native winmo opara mini version already that doesn't run on java. just visit the opera mobile website for that. :P

GC_Java_1.2.6.cab

Edited by jms2367

Guest deemadee

From Russia with Love!!! :)

Hi Steff!

I'm very glad to write my first post on modaco: Your 23549 Normal ROM is very nice and I like it more than other chef's ROM's. But there is little issue with camera that bothers me.

Problem: After recording any video (640x480), in review screen it says "unable to read this file...". What is the problem maybe?

Guest owieowie

Hi Steff. I can confirm that bluetooth receive issue has been resolved for those of us that had the problem. Well done and have a beer on me :)

Owie.

Guest Stric
you need to install jbed or jblend if java is not cooked in. you may use the forum search function. but to make it easier, i attached jbded for you. :)

there is a native winmo opara mini version already that doesn't run on java. just visit the opera mobile website for that. ;)

thank you very much :P ;)

Guest torpedro

hello guys,

im using the new rom, but i quit... the other rom have one thing that i hate, and in this release the same thing.

i hate the clicking scrolling, i think the name is samsung scrolling, so everytime i scroll, i hear the sound and nothing is smooth, and i tried many things, like ftouchsl.

last time the solution of steff was erase the sound from windows... that's not the solution...

so guys, the rom is ok, but i will try other roms...

regards :)

Guest jms2367
Hey steff i have a little question, usually the Omnia only show the 2 arrow with an X or the 3G icon when we are not connecting. do you know how to make itshow the G/E/3G/3G+ connectivity icon by default without connecting ? like in ur roms??? cuz i dont have it :)

thx alot

does this happen all the time? mine shows automatically the 3G/3G+/E/G icons when I have coverage for those services. But there are times that It only shows the 2 arrows with an X when GPRS is not available. I think it's a network related issue instead of a ROM related issue. BTW, I always set my band selection under phone settings to automatic and I enable HSDPA.

Guest nik_syah

Hi Steff, this is 1st post by me.i 'm new here.thanks for the effort to make nice and beautiful custom roms. i like so much your latest rom.Btw,i'm using 23549 M2Dv2..i noticed some problems.is it because it is in beta phase, the windows will expired if i set date to december 2010.i dont want to install again windows..can u do somethings about that?..thanks again in advance...nice job bro.

Guest steff195

@deemadee: you have to install a player and associate the video files with it. Said it before alot of times.

@owieowie: thanks dude, received your donation. I appreciate it. :)

@jms2367: thanks man for helping me around. ;)

@torpedro: sorry to hear that.

@nik_syah: it's impossible! I removed the beta reminder in both versions. I myself use the 23549 Normal version and don't have that problem. But, I didn't quite understand: why would you set it to December 2010? :P

Edited by steff195

Guest nik_syah

Thanks for your reply Steff.yup,the expired really happen in my i900.that why i had to flash it with another roms. Btw,that time i accidentally set the date to 2010 december. Maybe i should try to flash back to that roms to see it.,thanks again for your works k..

Hi,

does anyone have extracted the original WM 61 keyboard as a cab file?

In some cases (applications) the copy/paste function does not work (by touch), so I need paste a text by the keyboard. Original MS keyboard have Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V combination, but in the version 23549 it is missing.

Edited by EduX

Guest meng1557
@meng1557: you have to replace the gwes.exe folder with THIS.

Thanks for your help.....but still not working. My omnia cannot start after replace gwes.exe