Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Steff, the rom is great. I have been messing with it all day and last night, trying to find a rom that worked perfectly with windows my phone was difficult so yours fixed that.

I only have one issue, which I have seen with other roms. When the phone is locked and the phone rings, the phone does'nt respond to the pickup call touch buttons and can even struggle when answering the phone with the normal answer buttons.

Hey steff! I think the ROM is freat (jutr trying out) but there is one thing i can't finde and can you plz help me!

In other ROMs there was a settings menu where you could turn on lite and airplane mode an so on. The menu usualy opened when you preseed the right upper button.

Is there a menu like this on your M2D rom if not can i get it or a cab file to install it?

tnx, regards

Guest kevin2210

please more mirror for 28014 m2d i cant download thanks, any solution to lock screen when making phone call ....you know like original Dialler in DXID1 , when you make a phone call your screen is locked , i love it but i cant find it in any rom (i try cab file and install in my device but it not working perfect,

Edited by kevin2210

Guest steff195

@Borna Ionut: then you should flash 28014 M2Dv2 rom. It has it all, depending on the weather. ;)

@poet78: I'm not familiar with that problem. Try to use a different dialer.

@anpu: there are many answers to your request:

- for turning on/off phone, wireless, data... you have the new Samsung Data Manager right in the Start Menu.

- if your are referring to the originala Wireless Manager, it is in the Settings/Connection tab.

- if you are referring to the Main Menu (that's normally assigned to the right upper button), I removed it, but you can find it HERE.

- for flashlight the files are still there (Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons)

- if you meant Favourite Settings, I removed it, but you can fin that also HERE

I hoped these helped you. ;)

@kevin2210: these are the mirrors for now... maybe anybody else uploads the files to another host.

About your problem, I don't know. Sorry!

Guest papaslime
Steff, the rom is great. I have been messing with it all day and last night, trying to find a rom that worked perfectly with windows my phone was difficult so yours fixed that.

I only have one issue, which I have seen with other roms. When the phone is locked and the phone rings, the phone does'nt respond to the pickup call touch buttons and can even struggle when answering the phone with the normal answer buttons.

strange ;)

i also using Steff M2D rom right now, but never see that problem. may be hats is not the ROM, may be its about third app you installed on the phone ;)

Using build 28011 - Activesync shortcut has been removed - how can I create one? I sync using bluetooth and need the program shortcut to make it easier. Does anyone know where the activesync program sits on WM6.5? What's the exe called? Activesync works fine connecting to USB. Also - could do with Input shortcut in Start - Settings - Personal - any chance of getting this in? Or have these been done on the new ROM relaease? Don't want to reflash if these changes not included!

Thanks - great rom!

Edit: Also, the phone keeps waking up after turning off - tried disabling wireless & bluetooth - no effect !

Edited by Jaseyb

just a question, when u say

*included the new camera, with new black background and new saving format;

does it mean it saves the settings once you exit? is it even possible?

Guest joostvdw

Hi Steff,

GREAT ROM

But I also have the same question as a member here before , is it hard for you to cook this ROM in dutch ?

I would really appreciate it if you could fix this for me and other members !!

With regards,

Dutch Member

Guest eaglegreek
Hi Steff Thaks for your good works an informations!

For this problem how couls I do the settings for my keyboard? Because when the input menu off we I Couldn't get in the options menu anywhere!..

Thanks for your answer...

@Om@r> i have the same problem, until i looked directly into my keyboard app's folder and found an .exe there that when run opens up the options settings... maybe you could try this approach... good luck ;)

Guest steff195

@Jaseyb: I already answered this... you have to search for the program and make a shortcut... the program is there for sure. ;) As for the other question... there are the same as in 28011.

@onghc73: try to install a video player.

@m2007: no, I meant it saves the pictures to another format instead of SC00001... and without saving into folders like 1000SCAM... it just saves to only one folder. ;)

@joostvdw: I also already answered this... I could do that, but I don't have the needed files.

Edited by steff195

@Borna Ionut: then you should flash 28014 M2Dv2 rom. It has it all, depending on the weather. ;)

@poet78: I'm not familiar with that problem. Try to use a different dialer.

@anpu: there are many answers to your request:

- for turning on/off phone, wireless, data... you have the new Samsung Data Manager right in the Start Menu.

- if your are referring to the originala Wireless Manager, it is in the Settings/Connection tab.

- if you are referring to the Main Menu (that's normally assigned to the right upper button), I removed it, but you can find it HERE.

- for flashlight the files are still there (Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons)

- if you meant Favourite Settings, I removed it, but you can fin that also HERE

I hoped these helped you. ;)

@kevin2210: these are the mirrors for now... maybe anybody else uploads the files to another host.

About your problem, I don't know. Sorry!

hy! thnx for the help!

yes what I wanted was the Favourite Settings. I downloaded it and installed it but now i can't find fav settings to add them to the upper side button! any ideas?

tnx for the help

Guest toffumemo
hy! thnx for the help!

yes what I wanted was the Favourite Settings. I downloaded it and installed it but now i can't find fav settings to add them to the upper side button! any ideas?

tnx for the help

Had the same prob, thought the cab is a dud. But I got this working.

Here's how: Go to \Windows\ folder and find FavoriteSetting.lnk, then copy it to Start Menu -> Programs

Then you can assign it to that upper side button

Edited by toffumemo

Had the same prob, thought the cab is a dud. But I got this working.

Here's how: Go to \Windows\ folder and find FavoriteSetting.lnk, then copy it to Start Menu -> Programs

Then you can assign it to that upper side button

tnx dude!! this really worked!!! tnx ;)

Guest steff195

@mihul: yes it includes but I don't know if you can select it, since I removed the Input tab in Settings. But... are you really using Samsung keyboard?... everybody else here asked me to remove... I'm glad I didn't remove this too. ;)

@joostvdw & other dutch members: I just figured it out that it's not that it takes more time (and patience) to cook a dutch rom. It's not that i take the dutch mui and put it where it shoult, it's that I have to dump an original dutch rom and take the OEM files from it... for which I don't have time and patience. ;) Sorry!

Guest Naad.daan

Just flashed my omnia yesterday for the first time, happy i chose your ROM.

As a dutch guy i don't even want to have a dutch rom, just doesn't seem original haha

Only doubting if i'm gonna put spb mobile shell back or not.. but thats personal i guess.

Thanks a lot for the cooking! you got me into flashing ;)

Guest kennethchia
@mihul: yes it includes but I don't know if you can select it, since I removed the Input tab in Settings. But... are you really using Samsung keyboard?... everybody else here asked me to remove... I'm glad I didn't remove this too. ;)

@joostvdw & other dutch members: I just figured it out that it's not that it takes more time (and patience) to cook a dutch rom. It's not that i take the dutch mui and put it where it shoult, it's that I have to dump an original dutch rom and take the OEM files from it... for which I don't have time and patience. ;) Sorry!

hi steff195 can u sharing 28014_M2Dv2 black themes zip ? ;)

hey all! i have another question!

Is tehere a cab file to install only hte app that is in SPB shell that downloads the picture from the persons facebook profile?! I know its stupid but its the easyest way to add picture to a person you want ;)

tnx for the help

Guest Orbit71

I do like to ROMs for Omnia i900 - one of the best I have seen. Gratulation....

but I miss some functions:

1) Activesync in the Menue

2) Keybord-Settings under settings

is it possible to add this to the menu?

Thanks

Guest Orbit71

Excelent ROMs

1) missing ActiveSync in Menue

2) somtimes, whene you select an option menue (eq. Email, or calendar) the scroll functions still works on the main menue instead of the option menu

3) missing the Keybord settings in the settings menu

Thanks, lookung forward for the next release

Guest supersingh131

Yo steff195 i have a omnia i910 for verizon everytime i run the installer it says waiting for device when my device is clearly accessible on the computer pleasee helpp me i reallllly wanna try out your rom