Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195
Hello steff,

I´m using your previous version, with some modifications on start menu. It run with no problems. But I can´t change touch response icon, any ideia?

Thanks and keep the good work.

Browse the registry using Resco Explorer, for example, (make sure you have installed the Registry plugin) and go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\Settings\System (from your screenshot I would say that's the correct location).

Once you found it, click options/New/String Value. Then, in the 2 fields type: Icon (in the first) and its location (the second)(for Example: \Windows\Start_Menu_Touch_Response.png or whatever you like to name it).

After that, don't forget to place the picture icon in the specified location, with the same name, otherwise, you won't see anything different.

hi, pls. is the new build still using that style of scrolling in Start Menu as the previous one?

thx

Yes!

Thanks again! :)

Edited by steff195

QUOTE(varta @ Oct 28 2010, 19:28)

hi, pls. is the new build still using that style of scrolling in Start Menu as the previous one?

thx

Yes!

And is it possible to have "normal" scrolling instead? :) I kinda don't like when I put my finger off the screen and it just stops scrolling...

Thanks

Guest steff195
And is it possible to have "normal" scrolling instead? :) I kinda don't like when I put my finger off the screen and it just stops scrolling...

Thanks

You should search the net for PhysicsEngine.dll. But, I don't know why you don't like it, trust me, the original is worse...that's why I decided to keep this one. I can't provide it for you, I have it as a module, for cooking.

@everyone: someone notified me that when in landscape mode Start Menu it's shown as in Portrait mode. I attached the fix for you guys, until my next release when I'll include it in my roms... I must have missed it, as I don't use landscape mode too often. I don't wanna recook the whole rom just for that. :) Just unrar it and drop it in /Windows.

Thanks for understanding!

StartMenu_GridScene_400x240.rar

Edited by steff195

Guest steff195

This is exactly what I said to you that I have, as a cooking module, not a rom file. This, when cooked, results in the .dll file itself.

So, you can't place this under /Windows. You need the "final product". :)

Edited by steff195

Guest mega htc

Thank you very much for you response stef195. Yes, Opera 10 is working pretty well however if you try to open .html linkages via offline,(for example MIDI) the response will be (ERROR! Could not open the file). I am just surprise because i have been using this html file for a long time even in the WM6.1 and it was working. I'm not sure if we just miss a file in the ROM or something that resulted in malfunction. But again I would like to say personally that your ROM is great. Maybe we can just do some polishing to make this ROM closest to the perfection. :) :)

Guest steff195

21683 Normal/Lite released... with few changes... in order to get this roms to optimal shape. :) ... first post updated!

Original Start Icons provided also, for those of you who want the original ones.

Edited by steff195

Guest baldoski
21683 Normal/Lite released... with few changes... in order to get this roms to optimal shape. :) ... first post updated!

Original Start Icons provided also, for those of you who want the original ones.

great!!!! downloading now......

thanks chef

Guest claus1953

@ Steff

With the last 2 ROM's i installed everything worked well, only downside is i have to configure all my ISP settings manually (gprs, wap, mms etc). With other ROM's after flashing came a message up, that my sim card was detected and if i wanted that the settings for Telcel should be automatically applied. Then i only clicked yes, the phone connected to the internet and downloaded all settings. Is there a way to do that for your ROM's too? The default settings after flashing do not work.

Guest dragonmatahari
@ Steff

With the last 2 ROM's i installed everything worked well, only downside is i have to configure all my ISP settings manually (gprs, wap, mms etc). With other ROM's after flashing came a message up, that my sim card was detected and if i wanted that the settings for Telcel should be automatically applied. Then i only clicked yes, the phone connected to the internet and downloaded all settings. Is there a way to do that for your ROM's too? The default settings after flashing do not work.

just install ADC.cab (Auto Data Config), you'll find it in andrew's i900 applications thread... :)

Guest steff195
is there still the bug in landscape mode "above start bar some pixels get distorted n then titanium starts" :)

You selected a background image that doesn't have the following dimensions 400x400 or multiples of that, but with same dimensions.

I know I tested this when someone on a national forum specified exactly the same problem, and proved to him that this method works well.

Just try it and then leave a feedback.

@ Steff

The sim card does that too on this rom, you have to select another operator or connection and after that select your own, and wait a few seconds until it gets the settings. I know it works for me and saw many people gave this advice.

Edited by steff195

Guest claus1953
The sim card does that too on this rom, you have to select another operator or connection and after that select your own, and wait a few seconds until it gets the settings. I know it works for me and saw many people gave this advice.

I did that even several times, but it did not work, just nothing happened.

Guest tinti93

Hi Steff! Nice rom :) but i have a little problem, with total commander:

Only 2 row icons in"large icons".

Any idea?

Thanks and sorry for bad english :)

ScreenShot1.Jpeg

Edited by tinti93

Guest steff195
Hi Steff! Nice rom :) but i have a little problem, with total commander:

Only 2 row icons in"large icons".

Any idea?

Thanks and sorry for bad english :)

I really don't use this app, so I don't know... but it may be because of the scrollbar width. Enter Advanced Configuration Tool (if using the Normal version, if not, install it) and in the first menu User Interface modify Vertical Scrollbar from 16 pixels to a small number, just try different values. Advanced Configuration Tool is a helpful tool, try to check the other options too. :(

Hope this helps.

Edited by steff195

Guest steff195
How can I change the color of the interface? The default is a yellow and I want to change it.

Option "Theme" in Settings/Personal does not work.

:) Yellow? If you mentioned Themes submenu it means you use an older rom, which included that icon... it's been left there for visual purposes only (if I would have taken it out the Personal submenu looked like missing an icon). In the last rom it was removed and moved another option from Settings/System. Anyway, that option didn't work on 6.5.x... that's why it's been eliminated from roms in the first place. But I don't get your yellow problem... I don't get such yellow. Try to make a screenshot.

Guest abdelunited95

I accidentally deleted Tcpmp from my omnie i900,,

im using a rom from you...

Can you give me instructions + downloadlink(s)

so i can use tcpmp + all the plugins and skin again...

thanks.. :)

Guest claus1953
just install ADC.cab (Auto Data Config), you'll find it in andrew's i900 applications thread... :)

Sorry i went through the whole thread of andrew and could not find this program

Guest tinti93
I really don't use this app, so I don't know... but it may be because of the scrollbar width. Enter Advanced Configuration Tool (if using the Normal version, if not, install it) and in the first menu User Interface modify Vertical Scrollbar from 16 pixels to a small number, just try different values. Advanced Configuration Tool is a helpful tool, try to check the other options too. :)

Hope this helps.

:) Its works! Thanks :(

Guest steff195
I accidentally deleted Tcpmp from my omnie i900,,

im using a rom from you...

Can you give me instructions + downloadlink(s)

so i can use tcpmp + all the plugins and skin again...

thanks.. :)

Hard reset will solve your problem then. :(

:) Its works! Thanks :(

Glad it helped!

Guest mrozowski_marcin

hi

Could anyone can give me some infos how to set icons as list in main/start menu (in other roms)

- some reg modifications or sometnig else maybe?

I'm trying registry modification (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\IconConfig\HorizontalIconSpacing) but still nothing.

Any solutions?

Cheers

marcin

Edited by mrozowski_marcin

Guest DestentT
:) Yellow? If you mentioned Themes submenu it means you use an older rom, which included that icon... it's been left there for visual purposes only (if I would have taken it out the Personal submenu looked like missing an icon). In the last rom it was removed and moved another option from Settings/System. Anyway, that option didn't work on 6.5.x... that's why it's been eliminated from roms in the first place. But I don't get your yellow problem... I don't get such yellow. Try to make a screenshot.

ScreenShot3.Png

Any idea how to change it to black?