Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195
I really like your ROM's steff and I'm really thankful for them... However, I wanted to ask you whether there is a way to change the language of the whole ROM, because I would like to have it in spanish.. thank you.

Only if I cook a rom using spanish files. But it's alot of work, and I don't have the time to do it.

Hi..im using your latest 21683 and that's really soo cool, very fast, touch response so good, and really nice icons!!

i just want to ask if i can change(or install a cab) where i will have the taskbar at the bottom to become like the version of 21681 (the windows icon, the contacts, bla bla is inside a circle) i really want that coz it looks cool to me..also if i can have to change the welcome theme with the 21681 version? i like the Windows Phone 7 welcome rather than the Omnia(still alive since 2008)..

i dont have any prblems with ur rom in fact i sooo love it, its just that i really want to use the version of 21681 taskbar at the bottom and the welcome screen over that of the 21683....

thanks and keep cooking!

For the Windows Phone 7 Metro theme go HERE (I posted that link already), but for the welcomehead you'll have to get it from the 21681 rom, as I don't have it anymore... I replaced it in my kitchen. After flashing that rom check the /Windows folder and look for welcomehead.96.png, copy it and then replace the one in 21683 with it. :rolleyes:

Edited by steff195

For the Windows Phone 7 Metro theme go HERE (I posted that link already), but for the welcomehead you'll have to get it from the 21681 rom, as I don't have it anymore... I replaced it in my kitchen. After flashing that rom check the /Windows folder and look for welcomehead.96.png, copy it and then replace the one in 21683 with it. :rolleyes:

okay will do ur advice now,,flashing to 21681 now thanks, will update u after.,..thanks again for ur kind response!

i tried copying welcomehead.png to windows folders but im not lucky, cannot replace the files even wen i use my laptop to copy and replace them i just simply cannot do anything on that files on the windows folders..thanks anyway for the advice..

Guest steff195
...waiting for 28244 lite.. :huh:

:D I thought of compiling a new rom using this build after I saw the benchmark tests made by CRACING at Xda-dev (I'm briefed about everything new :D ), but after seeing AndrewSH's post I felt something was "funny" with that build and I dropped it. I'm waiting for an "official" version though. :rolleyes:

i tried copying welcomehead.png to windows folders but im not lucky, cannot replace the files even wen i use my laptop to copy and replace them i just simply cannot do anything on that files on the windows folders..thanks anyway for the advice..

You should use Resco Explorer for this operation... the default File Explorer doesn't allow you to change/overwrite anything inside /Windows. I assumed you knew that already, that's why I didn't mention it. :huh:

You should use Resco Explorer for this operation... the default File Explorer doesn't allow you to change/overwrite anything inside /Windows. I assumed you knew that already, that's why I didn't mention it. :rolleyes:

oh i see, sorry i didnt know that hehe because i dont have resco explorer and i dont use that thats why i dont know heheh,,thanks steff!! i will search for resco now and will try again!

oh i see, sorry i didnt know that hehe because i dont have resco explorer and i dont use that thats why i dont know heheh,,thanks steff!! i will search for resco now and will try again!

got it now woooo thanks very much steff!!!!i now have the taskbar(it's only the theme i havent noticed at first,sorry my bad) and the welcome screen welcome head!! and ur icons are smooth and eye candy..yeah im loving my i900 more!! thanks much!

Guest mehdivinci
Ok, first of all sorry for the late reply, I had some work to do...

About your problem, I don't know, try to tap operator settings, change to another operator, wait until the waiting glass is gone, then tap yours (if your using prepay, tap prepay connection) and then wait again until that waiting glass is gone. But remember, not always the sim provides the automated settings, so you'll have to manually enter them. Hope this works... I know that connections always worked for me on any of my roms.

Thanks for your answer!

I tried your solotion , but it stile have problems...

would you mind give me another rom link (m2d) that is newer and have been test by yourself recently??

I really like your roms...

Thanks A lot Bro...

Good Luck..

Guest cYbeR_In

steff195

thank you bro for keeping omnia still alive since i have Hd2 still i love omnia............ one of the rocking phone i have.......i hope all the omnia user will feel the same.......

thank you

keep up the good work...........

Guest steff195

There you go: 28244 Normal/Lite released! First post edited! CRACING over XDA did some tests over the last builds, so here are the benchmarks with the latest builds. This one seems the fastest... that's why I cooked it. :rolleyes:

Enjoy it! :huh:

Edited by steff195

Guest antreasst

dear steff195,

i am using your steff195_i900_6.5.3_28205_M2Dv2 rom about 4 months now.I 've to say that is a very stable rom but during all that period that I am using it I faced some problems.first of all, sometimes in unexpected time,my phone does not vibrate neither sounds the ringing tone.In result of this i lose to many phonecalls.in order to fix that problem i have to hard reset the phone.and finally sometimes when i open the received sms the phone stacks.is there any solution for these problem??or did you eliminate those problems in your newer rom editions?

kind regards

antreas

Guest steff195

That is an old rom... try a new one, because I think since then so many things have been fixed... That ringing problem is caused by something you install, you said it yourself that after hard reset everything is ok. That sms stack was surely fixed. Unfortunately I don't cook Manilla roms, to recommend you one, but you can install the latest Normal rom and install Manilla afterwards.

Guest dragonmatahari
There you go: 28244 Normal/Lite released!.. ...This one seems the fastest... that's why I cooked it. :huh:

Enjoy it! :angry:

I'm speechless!!! :rolleyes:

Thank You!!!... :angry: :huh: :D :D ...

Guest Mandrake333

A little heads up, my mirror will have some starting in about an hour or so. I will be moving it to a new server, which in itself shouldn't take to long, however since the server will be getting a new IP it will probably take a little time until the DNS update will be propagated, but hopefully it will be snappy. So if you cannot reach my links, that's why :rolleyes:

Guest steff195
browser connection is not working

thanks...

Really it's a bug in the last ROM.

It's not a bug. :rolleyes: The Browser Connection.exe was somehow removed during that cleanup I made to these roms. For the moment I attached the file (it's a small .exe) for you to drop it in /Windows. Next time I'll cook it in, I already re-added it to my kitchen. Thanks for the feedback, that's why feedback is always important... I test the roms before I release them, but it seems that I can't test every aspect, so if you see something strange, please post here and I'll see what I can do to improve my roms. Thanks!

A little heads up, my mirror will have some starting in about an hour or so. I will be moving it to a new server, which in itself shouldn't take to long, however since the server will be getting a new IP it will probably take a little time until the DNS update will be propagated, but hopefully it will be snappy. So if you cannot reach my links, that's why :huh:

Man, as always, big thanks for your effort to help with your mirrors! :huh: I'll add them in the first post when you finish!

BrowserConnection.rar

Edited by steff195

It's not a bug. :rolleyes: The Browser Connection.exe was somehow removed during that cleanup I made to these roms. For the moment I attached the file (it's a small .exe) for you to drop it in /Windows. Next time I'll cook it in, I already re-added it to my kitchen. Thanks for the feedback, that's why feedback is always important... I test the roms before I release them, but it seems that I can't test every aspect, so if you see something strange, please post here and I'll see what I can do to improve my roms. Thanks!

Man, as always, big thanks for your effort to help with your mirrors! :huh: I'll add them in the first post when you finish!

Unable to copy Browser Connection.exe to /Windows.

Guest steff195

C'mon, how many times do I have to say: you should use Resco Explorer, not the default one? The default one doesn't allow you to overwrite anything in /Windows. :rolleyes: