Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest Mandrake333

Just a small update, the server move has been completed is up and running again, however it may take a couple of hours before the DNS update will propagate to point to the new IP, so all that's left is to wait

This New Lite ROM rocks, is faster than the last one! and more stable.

Don't you think that Soundtester, OmniaLite Calendar - GPS Enhanced are great apps to be included in your next release?

Just an idea, we can install them anyway :rolleyes:

Congrats steff195, this is a marvelous work...

Thanks!

Guest steff195
This New Lite ROM rocks, is faster than the last one! and more stable.

Don't you think that Soundtester, OmniaLite Calendar - GPS Enhanced are great apps to be included in your next release?

Just an idea, we can install them anyway :rolleyes:

Congrats steff195, this is a marvelous work...

Thanks!

First of all thanks for the kind words! :huh:

Now, Soundtester is present under /Windows... still, I didn't consider necessary to make a shortcut to it. I mean, how many times you need to run it? I don't run it at all now, since I fixed the handset/headset values to the recommended ones (I used to do it in the old days, after flashing a new rom, to set the correct values, but only once). If you want to, you can make a shortcut very quick. :huh:

Since it's a Lite version, I think that Omnia Lite Calendar and GPS Enhanced can be installed by anyone after flash. GPS Enhanced is present under Setings/System though and working very fine... or you talk about another version (maybe an Omnia Lite one)?

First of all thanks for the kind words! :rolleyes:

Now, Soundtester is present under /Windows... still, I didn't consider necessary to make a shortcut to it. I mean, how many times you need to run it? I don't run it at all now, since I fixed the handset/headset values to the recommended ones (I used to do it in the old days, after flashing a new rom, to set the correct values, but only once). If you want to, you can make a shortcut very quick. :huh:

Since it's a Lite version, I think that Omnia Lite Calendar and GPS Enhanced can be installed by anyone after flash. GPS Enhanced is present under Setings/System though and working very fine... or you talk about another version (maybe an Omnia Lite one)?

Hi, thanks for the Soundtester Tip, i didn't notice that... you're right, i only use it one time every flash... i like loud sounds on my headset/car connection...

and yes i was talking about the OmniaLite GPS Settings, perhaps as a default on both versions Lite and Normal, just for the visuals, you know, not for functionality... :huh:

But as you said, we can install them after flashing our i900...

Btw, have you considered to cook an edited CPR Titanium file to make the Photos and other icons of titanium a little bigger. Just a thought that come in to my head recently, as the default UI in your ROM's is Titanium...

Thanks for your answer... See ya!

Titanium_240x400.zip

Edited by Acogu

Guest mehdivinci

hi steff!

and thanks for your excellent rom!!

I install this rom : 28244 Normal by steff195

and this is the best!!!

just some problems:

can you remove TCPMP from your rom and replace the core player??

TCPMP is not very good..

and one question!

could you give me the link for last version of m2d for i900 , that is stable and beautiful?

Again , Thanks for your very very usefull rom!

Guest steff195
hi steff!

and thanks for your excellent rom!!

I install this rom : 28244 Normal by steff195

and this is the best!!!

just some problems:

can you remove TCPMP from your rom and replace the core player??

TCPMP is not very good..

and one question!

could you give me the link for last version of m2d for i900 , that is stable and beautiful?

Again , Thanks for your very very usefull rom!

First of all I decided to add TCPMP for its great subtitles support, which is not available in Core Player. Second, TCPMP is free, while Core Player is not, so I won't cook this kind of apps in my roms. :rolleyes:

As for Manilla 2D package and stuff go HERE!

Edited by steff195

Guest mehdivinci
First of all I decided to add TCPMP for its great subtitles support, which is not available in Core Player. Second, TCPMP is free, while Core Player is not, so I won't cook this kind of apps in my roms. :huh:

As for Manilla 2D package and stuff go HERE!

thanks for your answer!

it is true that TCPMP is useful player for SUb , But it is so boring and so slowly!!

How can i just replace it with another program?

i know that you are so busy , but could you remove it from your last normal rom in one version for me???

Plzzzzzzzzzz... :rolleyes: :huh:

and again thanks alot for your link of m2d..

you are nice Bro!

hi steff!

thank you for your 28244 rom

it's the best rom,

I install this rom but i've a problem:

i can't make a video call with samsung dialer skin i've installed in your rom, it was work with your 21683 rom.

what should i do to make a video call with your 28244 rom, steff?

Guest steff195
hi steff!

thank you for your 28244 rom

it's the best rom,

I install this rom but i've a problem:

i can't make a video call with samsung dialer skin i've installed in your rom, it was work with your 21683 rom.

what should i do to make a video call with your 28244 rom, steff?

Try to place under /Windows the attached files from archive. Also import those registry. It should work.

video_calls.rar

thank you steff :huh:

Hi Steff,

Have just loaded windows 7 on my desktop computer.............. how do i connect the omnia. I have downloaded Windows mobile connect 6.1 but don't have drivers for the phone. Please Help

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Guest steff195

Due to some spare time today I decided to re-cook the 28244 build, so here are the v2 changes:

- changed Java support JBlend to Jbed (I noticed this was preferred by most of you; it's smaller too, so, few mb's gained from here also);

- changed the welcomehead in v1, because it was almost the same as the startup animation, it looked like this was never ending... so I replaced it with a cooler one; :rolleyes:

- fixed Browser Connection error in the previous version.

Download links updated! Mirrors deleted, since I updated the rom, so if you guys can help with new mirrors, I'll be grateful! :huh:

@C0nor: get THIS! It's all you need for update on 7. :huh:

Edited by steff195

Due to some spare time today I decided to re-cook the 28244 build, so here are the v2 changes:

- changed Java support JBlend to Jbed (I noticed this was preferred by most of you; it's smaller too, so, few mb's gained from here also);

- changed the welcomehead in v1, because it was almost the same as the startup animation, it looked like this was never ending... so I replaced it with a cooler one; :D

- fixed Browser Connection error in the previous version.

Download links updated! Mirrors deleted, since I updated the rom, so if you guys can help with new mirrors, I'll be grateful! :D

@C0nor: get THIS! It's all you need for update on 7. :angry:

Thanks for that Steff......... Working like a dream. It would not connect with OCK rom md3129v2 but I flashed your latest rom with with xp notebook and then connected to win7. It recognised the phone immediately. :rolleyes: :huh: :huh:

Guest resonantz

Salut Steff! Ai incercat sa faci rom-uri cu interfata SPB Mobile Shell? Daca nu, de ce...? Ai incercat ceva pentru BT audio? Ai adus ceva inbunatatiri pe partea de audio sau camera? Daca poti sa-mi raspunzi , fa-o te rog aici sau cu un PM, mersi!

Hi Steff! You tried to do ROM interface SPB Mobile Shell? Have you tried something for BT audio? You brought some improvements for audio side or camera? Thx!

Edited by resonantz

Guest steff195
Salut Steff! Ai incercat sa faci rom-uri cu interfata SPB Mobile Shell? Daca nu, de ce...? Ai incercat ceva pentru BT audio? Ai adus ceva inbunatatiri pe partea de audio sau camera? Daca poti sa-mi raspunzi , fa-o te rog aici sau cu un PM, mersi!

Hi Steff! You tried to do ROM interface SPB Mobile Shell? Have you tried something for BT audio? You brought some improvements for audio side or camera? Thx!

Hai s-o dam totusi in engleza! :rolleyes:

- I didn't try to make roms with SPB Mobile Shell for one simple reason: that is a paid app, and I don't cook in such apps... I'm tryin' to be legit. :huh:

- About BT Audio, I didn't anything since no one came with an tested (working) solution. I know there was a topic by Ock, dedicated to chefs, but after reading it, I saw there were some problems.

- About audio, yes, I've set up the appropriate audio levels, but I didn't cook in that SRS Audio... I don't find it useful.

- About camera, what should I do more? I don't know, but if you found a tweak, fix, or something like that, post here and I'll include it in the next releases.

Guest Mandrake333
Ok, updated first post with your mirrors too. Thanks for keeping my files mirrored everytime I release a new rom! :huh:

No problem, you deserve it with the great quality of your roms :rolleyes:

Guest pmasajjage

Steff, this is one of the great ROMs I have yet used. I am using 28244 Normal. I have encountered a problem however, when I connect my phone to activesync 4.5 on windows xp, I cannot get internet connection to my phone. With other roms, this was fine. I have a lot of content intensive applications so I tend to update their content via usb sync. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I have set usb to pc connection mode from advanced then to advanced but I cannot get any application that uses the internet to access it via usb. Sorry for my english. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Steff, congrats again for the latest ROM, just a great one!

But i found a bug since your former ROM: when i use Opera Mini or IE, and click on a video on youtube website, an error comes up and it doesn't open Wmedia to see the stream, like in others ROM's do.

This is not a Fatal Bug, and of course, i can use the YouTube app, but i just want to tell you what i've found.

Thanks for your hard work... see ya!

Hey Steff.

Great rom, been using it for a couple of days and just now flashed to the new updated one hoping it will fix browsing.

This is first time I've used the Titanium look and at first I didn't like it (when I saw pictures) but now I really like it, it's smooth and simple, but 1 thing I don't like it is I have no idea how to put shortcuts on the home page to an app or whatever.

So I found this awesome program called MMAppLauncher XDA MMAppsLauncher

This replaces the Start Menu (if you want) and it's really suited for the Titanium style OS (because I found I always have to scroll for ages to get to the bottom of the Start Menu).

It's also much smoother then the original Start Menu plus has a few (useful!) extra features.

You should check it out and perhaps include it in one of your roms.

Oh and how come you haven't included SRS WOW? That does wonders.

Thank you

Edited by ErOR

help please !!

I installed the newest ROM on this site and everything works great and fast but a have a problem whit network a can connect to wireless network but when I open internet explorer I get a message : Cannot connect the connection has been ended. to change your connection settings, tap settings.

I tried to change some settings butt no success the phone wont connect to internet and I cannot send mms by GPRS if someone knows a solution please tell

ps. the signal is not a problem it worked before on the original ROM.

thanks

Guest steff195
Hi Steff, congrats again for the latest ROM, just a great one!

But i found a bug since your former ROM: when i use Opera Mini or IE, and click on a video on youtube website, an error comes up and it doesn't open Wmedia to see the stream, like in others ROM's do.

This is not a Fatal Bug, and of course, i can use the YouTube app, but i just want to tell you what i've found.

Thanks for your hard work... see ya!

This could be because Streaming Player was removed... I'll take a look though and see what I can do. :)

Hey Steff.

Great rom, been using it for a couple of days and just now flashed to the new updated one hoping it will fix browsing.

This is first time I've used the Titanium look and at first I didn't like it (when I saw pictures) but now I really like it, it's smooth and simple, but 1 thing I don't like it is I have no idea how to put shortcuts on the home page to an app or whatever.

So I found this awesome program called MMAppLauncher XDA MMAppsLauncher

This replaces the Start Menu (if you want) and it's really suited for the Titanium style OS (because I found I always have to scroll for ages to get to the bottom of the Start Menu).

It's also much smoother then the original Start Menu plus has a few (useful!) extra features.

You should check it out and perhaps include it in one of your roms.

Oh and how come you haven't included SRS WOW? That does wonders.

Thank you

Hmmm... I tried this app too after seeing your post... it's nice, but it looks old, like a 6.1. menu, so I prefer leaving the rom as it is, with the original Titanium.

About SRS WOW... I tested it few times since I have my Omnia, just to give it a 2nd, 3rd chance... but everytime it seemed to me it did more harm to the sound than good. Anyway, one can easily install it afterwards, so, no big deal... as I said, I can't include everything in my roms, you'll have to do a little customization too, guys. :)

help please !!

I installed the newest ROM on this site and everything works great and fast but a have a problem whit network a can connect to wireless network but when I open internet explorer I get a message : Cannot connect the connection has been ended. to change your connection settings, tap settings.

I tried to change some settings butt no success the phone wont connect to internet and I cannot send mms by GPRS if someone knows a solution please tell

ps. the signal is not a problem it worked before on the original ROM.

thanks

I used WI-Fi with this rom without any problem. The signal was good, no dropping. Try to change you phone part, it's related to such things.

About MMS, some operators don't provide the settings automatically through sim card... you'll have to enter them manually or... contact your operator. B)

Guest BrixNaix

hello,

I really think you made an excelent rom but my gps doesn't work.

Can you help me?

I've turned it on but it does not find any satellites. not even 30m later.