Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195
hello,

I really think you made an excelent rom but my gps doesn't work.

Can you help me?

I've turned it on but it does not find any satellites. not even 30m later.

Make sure you have the right settings. I (and not only me) can confirm that GPS is working... and pretty fast, I can say. B)

Guest BrixNaix

I don't know why but today the gps is working perfectly, lol and pretty fast as you say, lol

thank you.

by the way. does anyone have tom tom or another similar program working in the omnia?

Edited by BrixNaix

Guest King0Darkness

Hey Steff.

Great roms, just now flashed to the new updated

the only thing is I cant get the original dialer to work

tried installing the cab and advanced config with no luck

also do you think you can cook the ADC.CAB in the rom

Thanks for all your hard work

Try to place under /Windows the attached files from archive. Also import those registry. It should work.

hi steff, cause i have the same problem can u explain it u can how to do this? thnx

Guest steff195
28244 cool rom stable, smooth and fast

a small problem only with "call log"

I don't know what are you talking about. I didn't notice any problem. Please give me more details.

the only thing is I cant get the original dialer to work

tried installing the cab and advanced config with no luck

also do you think you can cook the ADC.CAB in the rom

Thanks for all your hard work

What do you mean the original dialer doesn't work? :) It worked for me when I tested it. For everyday use I use P.H.O.N.E.X... it's way better, more finger friendly, and more good looking.

About that ADC... I'll take a look... I don't remember what this cab even do B) ... I might say it was something with auto data config...

hi steff, cause i have the same problem can u explain it u can how to do this? thnx

Using Resco Explorer copy the files to /Windows folder. Then, if you have Resco Registry installed just click on the .reg file, the waiting glass will appear for a few moments and that's it. But I don't guarantee this will work. These are the files responsible for the video calling (the Video Calling menu should also appear now under /Personal/Phone)... I think you should install first the original Samsung dialer. Technically it should work, as these are all the files from the original rom: the dialer, the video calling files and their registry entries. Just try and provide some feedback for the others to know. ;)

can you make an .exe file in vista/7 just like in WinXP ?

10x

No! :) I would easily do it everytime I release a new rom, just like in the XP case, but the .exe won't work on Vista/7. That's why I provide those files for Grandprix. ;)

Using Resco Explorer copy the files to /Windows folder. Then, if you have Resco Registry installed just click on the .reg file, the waiting glass will appear for a few moments and that's it. But I don't guarantee this will work. These are the files responsible for the video calling (the Video Calling menu should also appear now under /Personal/Phone)... I think you should install first the original Samsung dialer. Technically it should work, as these are all the files from the original rom: the dialer, the video calling files and their registry entries. Just try and provide some feedback for the others to know. B)

yes, i have installed samsung dialer,,, i will try this. . thnx

hi

is it possible to change pagepool size at 28244 rom?

i tried with executor. all seems fine. but if i flash the rom, the phone shows blank screen at boot time.

then i proofed my modified pda.bin and the new xip.bin shows me "???" in the pagepool tab.

but if i proof the old xip.bin (already patched) all seems fine. so maybe theres an error at the

XIP > OS.nb or OSnb > PDA step. anybody can confirm?

FeLLa

Hi Steff, you did a great job with this ROM!

The only problem I found so far, I because I have to uninstall the Samsung 3G_Test to be able to create my 3G conection (wich is not created automatically). The 3G_Test conections doesn't work for me.

My operator is Vivo from Brazil.

If it's not complicated to include it in your next realease I'll be gratefull if you do!

Thanks!

Guest dragonmatahari

Just browsing in modaco's i900 threads.. looking at topic's titles, and still wondered.. after so long, why Steff's thread only got 4 star?

C'mon man.. such amazing roms being provided and the worth mention great memory management.. (dont know how he done it, but its amazing.. :P ),

this thread deserve 5 STAR RANK !

Guest mowinnie
Just browsing in modaco's i900 threads.. looking at topic's titles, and still wondered.. after so long, why Steff's thread only got 4 star?

C'mon man.. such amazing roms being provided and the worth mention great memory management.. (dont know how he done it, but its amazing.. :D ),

Id forgotton to rank this thread, Just did so.

After experimenting with all kinds of new stuff I would definitely choose steff's roms to settle down with. :P

Guest steff195
Hi Steff, you did a great job with this ROM!

The only problem I found so far, I because I have to uninstall the Samsung 3G_Test to be able to create my 3G conection (wich is not created automatically). The 3G_Test conections doesn't work for me.

My operator is Vivo from Brazil.

If it's not complicated to include it in your next realease I'll be gratefull if you do!

Thanks!

I could easily not include that Samsung_3g_test, but if you noticed that when running that auto cab installer after hard reset the phone gets disconnected (no signal when installing to Main Memory, after finishing installing to main memory and when installing to My Storage the signal is turned back on). (Note: The cab installation process via XDA_UC is explained in the bottom of the 1st post). If not included, the phone remains disconnected and you'll have to manually switch it on. That's why I decided to leave it there. You can easily uninstall it afterwards. I do so everytime. :D And, by the way... 3G is ok to me.

C'mon man.. such amazing roms being provided and the worth mention great memory management.. (dont know how he done it, but its amazing.. :D ),

Thanks! :lol:

After experimenting with all kinds of new stuff I would definitely choose steff's roms to settle down with. :D

I think so also! :lol: :P

Guest adison14

ei steff.nice rom cooking. been testing you roms for almost weeks now. i must say that 21683 build is way better in handling battery as compared to your new build. Both builds are responsive and fat.. thanks=>.. keep cookn ey,,

Guest steff195
ei steff.nice rom cooking. been testing you roms for almost weeks now. i must say that 21683 build is way better in handling battery as compared to your new build. Both builds are responsive and fat.. thanks=>.. keep cookn ey,,

You got me! :P I must admit that in my last rom I removed some battery tweaks that I used in the previous releases, given the fact that some of you found the battery life in the previous rom worse. It may be also the builds' fault. Dunno! I'll do some testing, maybe I'll cook those tweaks in again. Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else wanna share his oppinion over this matter? It would help me improve my roms, so you guys will have benefits also. :D

Guest adison14
You got me! :P I must admit that in my last rom I removed some battery tweaks that I used in the previous releases, given the fact that some of you found the battery life in the previous rom worse. It may be also the builds' fault. Dunno! I'll do some testing, maybe I'll cook those tweaks in again. Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else wanna share his oppinion over this matter? It would help me improve my roms, so you guys will have benefits also. :D

hey men. im pretty much willing to test out your roms. you got me there also..ahahaha.. i thought is was just a build problem..ive flashed out so many roms.. flash addict eh..ive decided to try out your ROM since your builds are very much up to date..im having some problemwith sms by the way. Upon hardreset.but with to many SMS it get laggy often..not a major problem i guess. ill be waiting for the release. by the way men..im a fan of lite ROMS.. glad youve remove a lot of trash files in the ROM..OCK lite ROMS are very clean but he also deleted some test files which i don't like. Good youve left some useful files..till next release..

Guest dragonmatahari

+1 here... revert back to 21683 after using 28244 (2nd released) for 2days.. maybe it related to the removed tweak you mentioned above chef.. its fast but feels a little bit different from previous build.. so I,m back to 21683.. maybe some minor polishing could max the enhanced steff's feel.. yeah.. u know best :P

..this good ol' i900 is still kickin.. thanks to you chef!..

p.s: could you plz check videocall feature on next release plz.. somehow unable to use it..

What should i install to run .jad files. I want to download a .jad file and i receive a message saying "there is no application associated with -download client"

Thanks!

Guest steff195
What should i install to run .jad files. I want to download a .jad file and i receive a message saying "there is no application associated with -download client"

Thanks!

JBlend or JBed... but I'm surprised 'cause both of them were included in my roms. JBed is included in the last release. I tested it right now and it runs the jad file once I click on it. But, usually, when installing java files you should run the .jar file. Maybe this is the problem, I think you use an earlier release which has included JBlend, which kinda has a problem with jad files, that file type is not associated with the java program. But, as I said, with Jbed both file types are associated, so I can run the game/app from either jad or jar file. So, I find it better, that's why I kept this one. :P

Edited by steff195

JBlend or JBed... but I'm surprised 'cause both of them were included in my roms. JBed is included in the last release. I tested it right now and it runs the jad file once I click on it. But, usually, when installing java files you should run the .jar file. Maybe this is the problem, I think you use an earlier release which has included JBlend, which kinda has a problem with jad files, that file type is not associated with the java program. But, as I said, with Jbed both file types are associated, so I can run the game/app from either jad or jar file. So, I find it better, that's why I kept this one. :P

I'm using 28244 v2 lite. The error appears when i try to download the app over a wap page. I sorted the issue by installing "javafx_mobile1.2_windows".

Guest steff195
I'm using 28244 v2 lite. The error appears when i try to download the app over a wap page. I sorted the issue by installing "javafx_mobile1.2_windows".

It is specified in that Lite rom's description that JBed is removed, hence the lack of file association. I'm using the Normal version, with it included, that's why I was saying it was working. I would suggest you though to install JBed. :P

Edited by steff195

It is specified in that Lite rom's description that JBed is removed, hence the lack of file association. I'm using the Normal version, with it included, that's why I was saying it was working. I would suggest you though to install JBed. :P

Thanks for help! Problem sorted. Which is best in your opinion JBed or SUN_JAVAFX?

Hi Steff, first off thanks A LOT for all your hard work. Your ROMS look really nice. I've been experimenting some while now

and I think I'll stick with your ROMS :P

I do have a small question regarding the UI: (I downloaded and installed your latest ROM)

Is it possible to change the sequence of the the menu screen? for example time on top, then messaging, etc...

Also in the same menu there is a tab favorite applications , but I can't add any apps except for MS / MSN stuff?

Thanks again for your work!

Kind regards,

Junta