Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest whiteangel

Steff my man, I'm using your ROM and I believe that's the best I've tried so far.....I like most because you didn't use this f....g Manilla interface. You cooked a simple, clean ROM and believe me, I appreciate this man..........And I hope others too. You make me proud man...Keep up with this good work.

Guest AzharMahmood

Hi Steff, I installed your rom and seems better than all other available ROMS.

I use google MAPS with Latitude but SAMSUNG Keyboard does not allow to type user and password while signing in. And there is no option available to select any other keyboard. Please help.

Guest steff195
I'm using this rom and this is probably the best of the ones I've used till date. I tried some others but finally reverted to this rom. Thanks a lot to steff for this.

I'm glad to hear that! Thanks!

Steff my man, I'm using your ROM and I believe that's the best I've tried so far.....I like most because you didn't use this f....g Manilla interface. You cooked a simple, clean ROM and believe me, I appreciate this man..........And I hope others too. You make me proud man...Keep up with this good work.

Glad to hear that also! Thanks man! :unsure:

Hi Steff, I installed your rom and seems better than all other available ROMS.

I use google MAPS with Latitude but SAMSUNG Keyboard does not allow to type user and password while signing in. And there is no option available to select any other keyboard. Please help.

I'd suggest you to install Resco Keyboard 6.0. It automatically sets itsels as the default input keyboard. If you prefer other keyboard, you can use SKTools to set it as the default input method. Good luck!

Guest nutrione

Hi steff195 :unsure:

I'm using your normal rom. I have some troubles!

first, when I reset the device or turn it on, it connects to GPRS automatically. how to make it not to do that?

second, Resco Explorer shows up like this (the attached image). how can I fix this?

and thank you, I'm loving this rom B)

post-751834-1294055788_thumb.jpg

Guest steff195

@nutrione: don't know what's causing you those problems. Maybe it is something you installed, or registry you have modified... try a hard reset.

As you can see I don't have a Resco problem as yours. And, trust me, I don't have the other one also.

post-442647-1294157510_thumb.png

Guest steff195

For now, no. But in my next rom I'll try to add the video files to the rom (and registry), except the Samsung Dialer ones, which you can simply install afterwards. I won't cook in that dialer because it will take a lot of mb's and most of the people is not using it. So, who does, can install it by himself.

I'll wait for a better build to release such a rom, but if it doesn't show up, I'll recook this build, which is very good to me. :unsure:

Edited by steff195

Guest nutrione

Hi :unsure:

Ok, the resco file manager problem is solved. it was because of parlingo messenger which I was using. parlingo has a home plugin that causes this.

but the second problem exists, even after a hard reset :angry: after a hard reset, when I just turned the device on, it happens. and I have not installed anything or done any other modifications. also I disabled every available connections using SKTool, but it just connects again B)

What can I do?

Edit: ok, it's not parligno! it's just gone!!

Edited by nutrione

Guest HTP123

Hi Steff

Your roms are really good, and they are improving each time. However, I have a humble suggestion. Why not port lite B7300's apps like phonebook and touch calendar, they are really nice.

Anyway, Thanks for your hard work all along! keep it up!

Regards.

Guest HTP123

Hi Steff,

I know omnia lite apps will bring some problems if you try to port them, but I really hope you can port at least the touchcalendar, because it is really nice.

Thanks !!!!!! =)

Regards

Guest melburnian

Thank you Steff for this new rom! Sounds like you have done an excellent job again. I can't wait to download and try this one out!

Thanks!

Guest Xmaster
Ok, attached the file. If you meant the animation and not the welcome screen (welcomehead).

post-442647-1292944774_thumb.jpg

wvga pls steff. thank you

Edited by Xmaster

Guest HTP123
It's easy enough to do that, but why? First, I saw you use other roms than mine. Second, why include it into rom, when you can simply install it afterwards? I rather prefer having the default MS one in my rom by default.

Omnia_Lite_Calendar.cab

Thanks! Yea, I found the thread and installed some b7300 apps, but the phonebook is rather different, I can't do multi selection. And, I am using your rom =D

Guest steff195
wvga pls steff. thank you

Man, I don't have a WVGA version, because I edited the original WVGA version, half-sized it into WQVGA frame by frame (edited the frames too) and packed it again into a .gif. So, I can't double-size the whole thing to WVGA, it would look like crap. But you can check the OFFICIAL THREAD for the WVGA version, but I saw it's not available momentarily.

Steff!

One thing, Where should I put my sms tones if not windows directory? Cause I would like to save the device storage.

Thanks again.

You can simply put them into My Storage (not under any folder). :unsure:

Edited by steff195

Guest TeZeu87

thanx it works

can you recomand a browser with javascript, i.am using opera 10 and i cant use meebo etc.

and a phone antivirus :P free is its posible :D tnx

10x

Edited by TeZeu87

Guest bunnybell

Hi All,

Newbe to all this so hope this is in the right place....This is a really good rom. Installed and wicked...Keep up the good work Steff195. Just a couple of things if anyone can help me I would be grateful please...Is there any way of putting blutooth on the desktop or even better replace it with Explorer on the bottom????? O the tourch option is there any way of keeping it on until you can turn it off yoursef??? I nearly went arse over tit down the stairs the other morning on the way out to work. The dame thing switched off....Any help on any of thses would be grately appreciated...

Guest TeZeu87

bunnybell

Start - settings - personal - buttons - and you will find "flash light" set it to 2 minutes (max time)

you need to start it from the volume button

Edited by TeZeu87