Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vishnu vijay

Hey man...

try a different rom with the phone part... Look for some wm6.5 default rom its available here. it might be a large file compared to what u r downloading from here!

Flash with it.

then flash with ur favourite rom..

It should fix the issue.

I've faced that sort of probs last year!

The Codes? ( Are you talking about hard reset?) I don't understand the code part!

All you have to do is turn off ur mobile.

Download a custom rom, connect it to an Xp running computer.

Run the firmware & the then turn on the phone.

The drivers for omnia i900 should be installed on the computer.

the custom rom should detect the phone, flash it & should resolve the issue!

Guest vishnu vijay

Hey man...

try a different rom with the phone part... Look for some wm6.5 default rom its available here. it might be a large file compared to what u r downloading from here!

Flash with it.

then flash with ur favourite rom..

It should fix the issue.

I've faced that sort of probs last year!

The Codes? ( Are you talking about hard reset?) I don't understand the code part!

All you have to do is turn off ur mobile.

Download a custom rom, connect it to an Xp running computer.

Run the firmware & the then turn on the phone.

The drivers for omnia i900 should be installed on the computer.

the custom rom should detect the phone, flash it & should resolve the issue!

Guest omniabear

Hello steff195,

first of all, sorry that i contacted you directly, but i didn´t know, if you check the treat several times.

I own nearly two weeks ago an Omnia i900 with Windows Mobile 6.1 on it. there is also an App on it called MANILA 2D.

Perhaps you know it, makes your Pohne looks like an HTC.

With search by Google i found the treat at "Windows Phone @ MoDaCo" with your roms.

Congratulations. It looks great!! You are a genius!!

Now my questions:

is the "29020 V2 Normal for Windows XP" the latest version of your great rom??

i downloaded this. Does it work with Windows Mobile 6.1 or must i update??

When i must update WM, how must i do this??

Is the Update within the ROM??

I do not have a data-cable for connect the Phone with my XP-PC. Is it possible to copy your ROM to

a SD-Card and update/install your ROM with the card in the phone??

must i format the phone before installing or does it that automaticly when i install your rom??

Are all these apps you write in the treat automaticly installed, when i install your ROM??

i knew, many questions, several may perhaps answered in this treat but my english is not the best...

Thanks a lot in advance.

Greetings from germany

Guest steff195

@omniabear:

Hi!

In order to update your phone to my latest rom you will need a data cable.

Then you'll need: to install Samsung Modem Driver for XP/Vista (or 7), that depends on your system you got on your pc; and GrandPrix (if you're using Windows 7), the program to introduce the rom parts you get from my links. For XP you use the downloaded .exe, connect the phone, reset it from the top hole and let it finish... when you see the "Job Done" message you can unplug the phone. In Windows 7 you must use the GrandPrix, introduce the eboot and pda parts in the given fields of Grandprix, check detect phone automatically, connect the phone, reset it form the hole, and the flashing process starts.

My rom contain the apps specified in the description, that means you'll get them after flashing. Your Windows Mobile version will be 6.5. after flashing.

And yes, that is my latest version.

If you have something placed on your Main Memory (not the 8/16 gb) you should save them on My Storage (the 8/16gb one, iwrote it like this because I don't know wich memory version you have), because the main memory will be wiped out, contacts and messages also.... the My Storage remains intact after flashing unless you mess with the downloaders and check "Format device's internal large disk" or something like that. I repeat, to make sure you understand, don't check this option because it will erase your 8/16 gb memory too. If you want to do that, you can check it. For contacts and messages you can use a backup prgram to save them and restore later, because you cannot simply move the to your storage like other files.

Good luck!

If there's anything you didn't understand don't hesitate to write again here. ;)

Edited by steff195

Guest omniabear

Hello steff195,

thank you very much for your detailed answer. Data Cable is bought, think it´s delivered in the next few days.

Maybe i will try it on weekend.

Greets from Germany

omniabear

Guest maccer1

Hello steff195,

I have install your brilliant flash rom on i900, but the problem I am having is typing from the keyboard to gps text box.

Do you have any fixes for this problem.

maccer1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest steff195

what about a Rom with build 23153 as base?

I'm running it right now, works as fast as 2902x, stable and highest AKU atm.

Ok, 23153 roms updated to first post. Enjoy!

Guest omniauser111

Wow, increadible, I waited so long for a new rom, many thanks, steff159! The 231xx build are so good, I really like them. Thank you very much.

Guest seisman

steff

great work man

please can you provide the cabs for the programs that is removed from the lite version , because some of use like the lite version but also like some programmes that is found in the normal one

Guest steff195

@seisman: man, I only have the files as .ext files, for my kitchen. For what you want I must repack every app into cab. And I don't know if it's worth the effort, you may find everything here or on xda. Of course, you may not find those files just like mines, since I modified almost everything to my liking. :D But you can get the "official" version from there.

Guest maccer1

Hello steff195,

Thanks for you updated 23153 rom. Updated yesterday with no problems.

One question Where can I get more applications for your rom?

Thanks again.

Maccer1

Guest xuanlam2010

Hello steff195,

Thanks for you updated 23153 rom. Updated yesterday with no problems.

One question Where can I get more applications for your rom?

Thanks again.

Maccer1

i am uped 23153 but java not working ...

Guest steff195

i am uped 23153 but java not working ...

In the Lite version Java is not included. So you must have updated with the Lite version, that's why is not working for you. It is described in the 1st post of this topic what is and what is not included in every rom (in the previous release's description).

Guest seisman

steff from your experience this build is better than build 29020

steff also please there was theme that look like windows interface , it look brilliant , can you do it please

Guest steff195

steff from your experience this build is better than build 29020

steff also please there was theme that look like windows interface , it look brilliant , can you do it please

It is still included in my roms. But you can get it from Here!

Regarding your question: these roms have some minor improvements... the build is pretty much the same in terms of speed, stability, etc. But I chose this latest build for my phone. ;)

Edited by steff195

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steff,

Thanks for new wonderfull rom. Unfortunatly video calling option is not activated on my phone. Please see attached images & let me know how to activate it.

post-565719-0-06984300-1323072861_thumb. post-565719-0-85316900-1323072882_thumb. post-565719-0-24054000-1323072903_thumb.

Best regards.

Hi steff . very mature rom . i hope the last i flash . So a small question .I've noticed that you roms don't fully support greek language,for example in powerpoint or in the lock screen the reminder . Is this caused by the font you're using ? And something else . Do you know how to fix the ring delay ?( Yonn has done something and in his roms ring is almost instant.)

Thank you very much

Hi Steff,

Thanks for new wonderfull rom. Unfortunatly video calling option is not activated on my phone. Please see attached images & let me know how to activate it.

post-565719-0-06984300-1323072861_thumb. post-565719-0-85316900-1323072882_thumb. post-565719-0-24054000-1323072903_thumb.

Best regards.

Update to previous message:

3g is working along with video calling. Problem from service provider side. Thanks once again for nice ROM.

Best Regards.

Guest steff195

Hi steff . very mature rom . i hope the last i flash . So a small question .I've noticed that you roms don't fully support greek language,for example in powerpoint or in the lock screen the reminder . Is this caused by the font you're using ? And something else . Do you know how to fix the ring delay ?( Yonn has done something and in his roms ring is almost instant.)

Thank you very much

The font used in my roms is the standard one. I didn't change it to something else.

I don't know about the sound delay. It sounds ok to me. But if you have (or know about) a fix, I'll take a look. ;)

@rbasis: glad you worked it out. It seemed strange to me, because I tested it when I reintroduced it and it worked, you could see in a previous roms screenshots that the option was available. But now that you solve it, it doesn't matter anymore. ;)