Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest alexonay

Steff195, your ROM is AWESOME, congratulations, I’ve tested many many ROMS, but yours is the best of all, GREAT speed, stability, battery time, etc. I have a question, I’ll explain my problem and then I’ll make the question. I don’t have Internet access through my cellular line (I’m from Cuba and we don’t have Internet access in our cel services), but If I connect my Samsung Omnia via USB cable or Bluetooth Adapter to a computer that have Internet access, then my phone can access Internet as long as it’s connected to that PC and I’ve tested it with the other Roms I’ve tried. But with your ROM my phone doesn’t connect to the Internet when it’s connected to a PC with Internet Connection via the USB cable or Bluetooth adapter, it tries to connect only through the cel phone line, it fails and then it says that it can’t connect to Internet. So the question is: Why my phone doesn’t connect to Internet when it’s connected to the Pc using the USB cable or Bluetooth adapter? Is there a configuration that I have to change? Please tell me what can I do, and if it’s not much to ask please answer my questions by email because I can’t enter this forum too much (remember I don’t have a stable Internet Service), my email address is [email protected]. Thank you so much for your time, I really hope you can help me.

Guest alexonay

Hi Steff, about my previous post, I resolved the problem changing operator settings, waiting some seconds and then re-changing back to the previous operator settings like you recommended on previous posts in order to be able to connect to internet, also in Settings/Browser Connection I marked the option "Automatically Detect Settings". The stupid Internet Explorer keeps saying "I can't connect" but Opera browser works fine. Thank you for a GREAT WORK.

Edited by alexonay

Missing Icon Notification when Appearance is AeroStyle :

untitl11.png

Classic Blue and SimpleGloss :

untitl10.png

With Aerostyle, the "button" is there, because if I "click" in the area the reminder go off.

Can this be solved ?

- Build : 23153 (Normal)

Edited by rocka1

Guest hristo50

Hi Stef,

ROM 23153 is excelent. When I leaved Samsung WM 6.1 and started yours ROM's for 6.5, WiFi,GPS etc. operate normally. Thanks and bow to the ground of your hard work.

I have two questions:

1. How one can extends Samsung keyboard with cyrilic letters. I am from Bulgaria.

2. When I switch off and switch on my Samsing Omnia I900, automatically is executed and istalled Test_3G_Gumi.cab. This cab file corupts WiFi, IE etc. I look for this file by File Explorer but nothing. Probablly this file is located in the ROM, because can be invoked by service code *#9908# . How auto installation after swith on can be prohibited.

Guest steff195

I have two questions:

1. How one can extends Samsung keyboard with cyrilic letters. I am from Bulgaria.

2. When I switch off and switch on my Samsing Omnia I900, automatically is executed and istalled Test_3G_Gumi.cab. This cab file corupts WiFi, IE etc. I look for this file by File Explorer but nothing. Probablly this file is located in the ROM, because can be invoked by service code *#9908# . How auto installation after swith on can be prohibited.

Hi!

1.I don't know how could I help you with that, you might do a search around here... I didn't get my nose into these stuff lately. :D

2. The automatic installation process is there to help you. It installs the "gumi" cab only after a rom is flashed or after a hard reset. It doesn't run everytime you restart your device. If it does, it is something wrong, reflash the rom. So, to go back to what I said, this process helps you with automatic file installation after a rom flashing or after a hard reset. That is just a demo. I mean you don't have to manually install every program after a hard reset. It automatically install them for you. :) For further explanation of how this stuff works see the bottom of the first post. The test gumi installation can be uninstalled later.

Guest blade87

1. The Samsung keyboard doesn't have Cyrillic support.

2. I think a Hard Reset may fix this. Just don't touch the phone after the reset and when it starts installing stuff when the phone is started for the first time. It will restart after the installation and you can start using the phone.

Edit: Sorry Steff. My answer is 1 minute late. :D I don't know if I can delete my post.

Edited by blade87

Guest hristo50

Hi!

1.I don't know how could I help you with that, you might do a search around here... I didn't get my nose into these stuff lately. :D

2. The automatic installation process is there to help you. It installs the "gumi" cab only after a rom is flashed or after a hard reset. It doesn't run everytime you restart your device. If it does, it is something wrong, reflash the rom. So, to go back to what I said, this process helps you with automatic file installation after a rom flashing or after a hard reset. That is just a demo. I mean you don't have to manually install every program after a hard reset. It automatically install them for you. :) For further explanation of how this stuff works see the bottom of the first post. The test gumi installation can be uninstalled later.

Thanks Stef and Blade87.

About Ad.1 Really Keyboard Samsung does not contains cyrylic alphabet. In the original Windows Mobile there are also other keyboard types and one of them has also cyrilic. To my regret I dont know how is cooked ROM and if is possible to customize ROM . So if my question is anadequate, sorry.

About Ad.2 After yours comment I made several experiments. I finded resolution executing the next 2 steps:

1. Hard Reset. When Test_3G starts autoinstalation interupt the process with pressing the button Reset.

2. Later install Test_3G_Gumi.cab manually by service code *#9908# .

After this steps no more problems. If necessary I can describe later in details above steps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Radu Ionescu

Ok here it is, but there are some modifications in the Windows 7 theme since the screenshot you quoted:

I tried to simplify the desktop, so I removed some icons like the clock, the Wi-fi and the lock ones. I removed them but they can be accessed with a slide: if you slide left the Samsung Data Manager will appear, so you can access the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Airplane mode, and thus the icons don't fill the desktop. If you feel like locking your device just slide right and S2U2 will lock the device. If you slide down you get access to the Windows Start Menu. It seemes more functional, right?

Enjoy it!

Windows 7 modificat.rar

Android modificat.rar

P.h.o.n.e.x. Android skin (modified by me).rar

Salut Steff, ce trebuie sa fac sa activez aceasta tema pe telefon ? E compatibila si cu 23153_Normal ?

Guest steff195

Salut Steff, ce trebuie sa fac sa activez aceasta tema pe telefon ? E compatibila si cu 23153_Normal ?

O sa-ti raspund in engleza, sa-i respectam si pe ceilalti.

You'll have to install an app called Wisbar Advanced Desktop 2, or simpler WAD2. Then you click on the downloaded theme and the system will ask you where do you want to install it. By the way, it is better that you install WAD2 on My Storage. I know I have it installed there and the theme is made with these paths and if the theme doesn't see these paths, some things might not work. It's about the files' location, pictures, etc. It's simple, I say.

Guest wostorg

I installed the iphone today how you can lock and responsive programs in the folder settings

Edited by wostorg

Guest d2rn3rs

It's easier to flash with windows xp and no risks with her roms mate. she's the best I ever used roms from. there is one which you can flash from win 7 and one from xp. but xp is easier, just make a partition on your pc and install win xp there. it will work fine then.

Guest Nguyen Ho Thien Thang

WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5.X. CUSTOM ROMS BY STEFF195

(USE THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

EDIT: 23153 Normal/Lite released!

I cooked for myself the latest build that was out some weeks ago, so I decided to cook some roms for you too guys, to enjoy this latest build. The changes are not too many this time, the most important is the new build. Enjoy!

1271317131infoboxblue.pngChanges since last versions:

- latest build 23153;

- included the .flac support for Nitrogen tha I provided here before this roms;

- modified the startup/shutdown animation; it's no longer oval shaped :) ;

- gave the roms a new sleek look by modifying the wallpapers and the default theme.

- some other things that I might have forgotten. :D

Memory figures:

Normal: 128.44 / 51.85

Lite: 156.43 / 52.74

68986195.png

1271317104folderapollon.pngDownload:

23153 Normal for Windows 7

23153 Normal for Windows XP

23153 Lite for Windows 7

23153 Lite for Windows XP

Dear Steff195

I'm glad to use 23153 Lite for Windows 7 for Omnia i900. I feel best. But when I disconnect 3G, lock sreen by S2U2. Then turn on Screen, it auto connect to 3G. Can you fix this problem? Thanks.

With regards,

NguyenHoThienThang

Edited by Nguyen Ho Thien Thang

• 2 months later...
Guest BorisGVG

I forgot to mention, the phone part is not included.

Another thing... on Version tab you have DXIA5/DXIA5, so in case you brick your phone, the service guys might think you had the official version installed... so you could get away with it. biggrin.gif

Does anyone here knows how to turn off the heptic feedback (vibrating when tap) on this applications? I remember once I had a rom with Smart Converter and Phonebook and they didn't had vibration on tap, nor sound on tap. I know this is an old topic and probably noone will ever answer, but I had to try and to put my question here, so whats gonna be, gonna be!

I am referring to Omnia Lite ported apps for Omnia i900, like Phonebook, SmartConverter, TouchCalender, etc..

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Dear steff195

im using your latest rom ( 23153 Normal ) for weeks and i like it. :)

but i have some problems with that and hope you help me to solve them.

1 - When boots for first time it installs the " Test_3G_Gumi.cab ". could you tell me what is it and what does it do ?

is there any way to disable it ? or remove it from this rom ? i dont want to install that.

2 - After first boot when i want to set the time i can't set the hour to PM ( there isn't 13-14...23-00 in hour field ) just there is AM (1-2 ... 12)

How to fix it?

3 - It seems some important shortcut in start menu such as " Contacts , Call Log , Phone ,.... " are deleted.

How to back theme there ? beacuse they are important to me. i won't create theme manualy is the any permanent solution?

4 - Why your new rom " 23153 Normal " eats more memory than " 29020 Normal " ?

it has 45 ~ 47 MB Free RAM But 29020 version has 51 mb Free RAM Without any installed app.

How can fix it ?

5 - Can you link me the newest and working version of M2D cab file to use with 23153 ROM ?

6 - Can you explain how to edit or modify your roms with my favourites?

i used VistangVK_i900 to edit theme but i couldn't ?

i know i asked many questions but i hope you help me.

Thank you for your help

Edited by Obohat

Guest BorisGVG

Hi Dear steff195

im using your latest rom ( 23153 Normal ) for weeks and i like it.

but i have some problems with that and hope you help me to solve them.

1 - When boots for first time it installs the " Test_3G_Gumi.cab ". could you tell me what is it and what does it do ?

is there any way to disable it ? or remove it from this rom ? i dont want to install that.

2 - After first boot when i want to set the time i can't set the hour to PM ( there isn't 13-14...23-00 in hour field ) just there is AM (1-2 ... 12)

How to fix it?

3 - It seems some important shortcut in start menu such as " Contacts , Call Log , Phone ,.... " are deleted.

How to back theme there ? beacuse they are important to me. i won't create theme manualy is the any permanent solution?

4 - Why your new rom " 23153 Normal " eats more memory than " 29020 Normal " ?

it has 45 ~ 47 MB Free RAM But 29020 version has 51 mb Free RAM Without any installed app.

How can fix it ?

5 - Can you link me the newest and working version of M2D cab file to use with 23153 ROM ?

6 - Can you explain how to edit or modify your roms with my favourites?

i used VistangVK_i900 to edit theme but i couldn't ?

i know i asked many questions but i hope you help me.

Thank you for your help

Dear Obohat, since this is your first post here, then Welcome to MoDaCo. Second thing is that here is one rule of MoDaCo that anyone must follows and that is: Before you ask anything, first you do research and if you can't find the answer, then you ask. Asking something without previously not doing the research here or any other site is considered rude, and noone will answer you. I know you didn't do a research at least to this thread, cuz the answers for your questions from 1 to 5 are answered many times on this thread and anywhere else. As for the test 3G Gumi, after it installation you can safely uninstall it. That is been used to check if you have or not a 3G connection and set it.

As for the question number 6, you can't edit rom without previous permission from the chef (in this case Steff195). Already cooked roms can't be edited on a ROM level.

In the beginning I did a 3 months reading on forums like MoDaCo, xda-developers, ppcgeeks and any other similar forums before I asked my first question, but since then I already know the answers to 90% of my questions before start to read the threads. I recommend you to do the same.

Cheers. :)

Edited by BorisGVG