Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest PayAndCry
http://rapideo.pl/pliki/r/2429/35k6f/steff195_i900_6.5._23519.rar

here u go ! this file u download as premium user just click and download!

WARNING! Download avaible only 36 hours !!

will expired @ 2010-02-05 11:32

Thanks man very nice, fast mirror ;)

Guest downjones

Steff your roms ARE fantastic! especially your recent build 23519!! I got just a small question.....when I change the theme of course your cool background picture changes to other.....now I am looking through the whole damn Windows directory and I can not find your picture ;)...is this inside the *.tsk file? or is the stwater_240_400.jpg somewhere else??? anyways how to set two pictures as default for portrait and landscape modes? Would very appreaciate your quick reply!

Thanks alot!

cheers

Guest steff195

Ok, guys, sorry for not replying until now, but I just got up... it's morning here! :D

@PTKTheBest: see attachment, for camera files. :(

As for this:

Please steff attach skin cab =/ original cab at XDA not work at 28XXX
... I didn't understand what you asked. ;)

@JaCoL: you could try every rom you like... as for build info, I wrote every build's date of birth:D in the first post, so you can make an opinion. For instance, now I run 28223 on my phone.

@codo2003: same response as I did to JaCol.

@Broda: that's weird... I already tried this, and it was working... anyway, you could try M2DC included in rom, if I remember correct, it too has that option to change the wallpaper.

@downjones: attached the files... they were already in /Windows. :D

OEM_camera.rar

post-442647-1265271181_thumb.jpg

post-442647-1265271191_thumb.jpg

Edited by steff195

Guest Evilstealth

Hey Guys,

First off i would like to congratulate steff195 for the amazing rom, keep up the good work ;) . Now i know this is going to sound VERY n00b but here goes.... What is the difference in build's starting with 23xxxx and the build starting with 28xxxx i noticed on the recent update that there where two builds released???

Sorry for sounding n00b...

Regards

Evilstealth

Guest PTKTheBest

@steff195 ths for camera!!! =D

Asked to attach the setup file-cab of this skin on your rom, because the skin on the original XDA I do not work on other rom = (

Guest Orbit71

@papaslime: yeah, I know about that... can't find the cause of that. Here's a trick I do since this is happening only at the first 2 or 3 resets. Try to install everything you need, the phone will ask for soft reset on some applications (so the 2,3 resets are done) and after that set the time and date. It will stay there then. ;)

As for the Call Log... I removed it, you don't need that, just install any of the dialers available for WinMo. :D

Hello Steff,

Any chance to get the Call Log back into the ROMs, as the standart dialer is fin and works great. Or can you provide it to add it manually ?

Many thanks.

Guest ronaldb3

Hi Guys,

What is the main difference in the 23xxx and the 28xxx roms??? As I want to pick one train (23x or 28x) to stay with and not jump back and forth.

I have seen similar questions to this in this thread but I can not find the answer if it's here.

Thanks,

Ron...

Guest Orbit71

Hi Steff and all others

I have found an interested issue. If I install additional software like navigation software, the software display a wrong clock/current time – when you start the software, the clock of that specific Software is correct. After some minutes the clock speeds up – increases by aprox. 15 minutes and so on .... The system time of the device remains correct. If I use the same software of the original Omnia OS 6.1 – the time of that Software runs correct. Any idea….

Honestly? this is the worst rom , compared to ryrzy and ock's. it is not that responsive. lags a bit. Omnia lite dialer ain't working properly. No Jblend. Bt routing not working.. -.- and some dialer bugs while receiving phone calls.

Sorry.

Guest blade87
Honestly? this is the worst rom , compared to ryrzy and ock's. it is not that responsive. lags a bit. Omnia lite dialer ain't working properly. No Jblend. Bt routing not working.. -.- and some dialer bugs while receiving phone calls.

Sorry.

Why don't you make a ROM yourself then to suit your needs? I myself and most of the other users appreciate the time steff "wastes" on cooking ROMS for us and the best thing is that he shares them for free. He could have only cooked only for himself, but he chose to share his work. So respect that and don't use such strong words. If there is a problem, you can inform steff about it so he can fix it.

Appreciate the countless hours spent by these people (the chefs), because they deserve it!

Guest chandanbs
Why don't you make a ROM yourself then to suit your needs? I myself and most of the other users appreciate the time steff "wastes" on cooking ROMS for us and the best thing is that he shares them for free. He could have only cooked only for himself, but he chose to share his work. So respect that and don't use such strong words. If there is a problem, you can inform steff about it so he can fix it.

Appreciate the countless hours spent by these people (the chefs), because they deserve it!

+1......+1...

I'm not sure why he is saying worst rom.. there is no such thing like that in our forums here.

@htp123.... Steff195 churns out one of the best roms and he has clearly mentioned the touch tweak to improve the scrolling performance. Cookers are not here for charity work... They are spending their personal time to make one and upload here.. .Pls learn to appreciate just that instead of crooning about negatives..

Hi Guys,

What is the main difference in the 23xxx and the 28xxx roms??? As I want to pick one train (23x or 28x) to stay with and not jump back and forth.

I have seen similar questions to this in this thread but I can not find the answer if it's here.

Thanks,

Ron...

Hi Ron,

How nice to see you here. I was under the impression you left Modaco after Sector quit making roms...

In response to your question; As far as I experienced, the differences between the two (if there are any 'main differences') are hardly noticable.

In terms of speed and stability the two go head to head. At least, I didn't notice any. The same goes for stability. I ran 28223 for about two days. Now I'm on 23519. I can't really explain why, but for some reason, the 23519 just 'feels' better more complete.

To make your choice even more complicated, here's a list I found on xda with the most recent builds.

25001 has -by far- the highest build number. Build 23519 is -on xda- considerd overall the best of the latest buids. The recently released 24001 is actually quite old already, yet users deem it to be the fastest on low-spec devices (not sure if omnia is one). The latter two both carry the newest Adaption Kit Updates (AKU).

28xxx compared to 23519 has a higher build number, yet an older AKU.

24001 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4799 (December 18, 2009) 15:49:28) - AKU 5500

23626 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4565 (January 6, 2010) 16:25:33) - AKU 5302

23096 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4134 (January 8, 2010) 13:08:16) - AKU 5302

24601 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 5400 (January 12, 2010) 15:50:45) - AKU 5300

25001 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 5900 (January 12, 2010) 16:02:37) - AKU 5300

21626 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 3565 (January 14, 2010) 15:41:28) - AKU 5300

22001 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4901 (January 14, 2010) 15:41:29) - AKU 5301

23519 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4511 (January 14, 2010) 15:53:44) - AKU 5500

28214 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 5209 (January 14, 2010) 15:53:49) - AKU 5303

21890 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 3822 (January 15, 2010) 11:19:08) - AKU 5088

28223 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 5214 (January 28, 2010) 18:48:27) - AKU 5303

22004 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4903 (January 28, 2010) 15:41:49) - AKU 5302

23102 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4137 (January 29, 2010) 14:52:28) - AKU 5303

Guest steff195

@PTKTheBest: the skin, you mean the theme? Or what?

@Orbit71: I think I won't introduce it, first of all because it would eat some of the free space, second, because me and many other users use one of the programs out there which do that... and they look also better. I attached the original files, so you can manually put them on your phone. :D

@downjones: Dude, I chose this rom because it seemed the best base to cook a rom... when you say DXIF1 it's better, what do you mean?

@HTP123: If that's your oppinion, then what are you doing here? Go ahead and use those roms...

Anyway, I might reconsider cooking roms, when I hear such "appreciations" ;) ... I mean, if I do it badly, then what's the point of continuing doin' it? :(

Call_Log.rar

Edited by steff195

Guest ronaldb3
Hi Ron,

How nice to see you here. I was under the impression you left Modaco after Sector quit making roms...

In response to your question; As far as I experienced, the differences between the two (if there are any 'main differences') are hardly noticable.

In terms of speed and stability the two go head to head. At least, I didn't notice any. The same goes for stability. I ran 28223 for about two days. Now I'm on 23519. I can't really explain why, but for some reason, the 23519 just 'feels' better more complete.

To make your choice even more complicated, here's a list I found on xda with the most recent builds.

25001 has -by far- the highest build number. Build 23519 is -on xda- considerd overall the best of the latest buids. The recently released 24001 is actually quite old already, yet users deem it to be the fastest on low-spec devices (not sure if omnia is one). The latter two both carry the newest Adaption Kit Updates (AKU).

Hi whigga,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I've mostly been lurking since sector left. I still have one of his last cooked roms on my Omnia. but I think it's time to update as I might be missing something by now. I think steff might be the man now. He seems to be pumping out the updates often as sector did. So I think I'm going with the 23xxx build this weekend. I use "sashimi" and some lists, but it stills takes me a couple of hours to get everything just right again after flashing.

I usually go for the Normal version for the extra memory available as I use SPB Mobile Shell and I load a lot of apps.

One more thing - what is Adaption Kit Update? - I don't remember that term from before.

Thanks,

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest ronaldb3

Guys - He'a a TROLL. and should be treated as such - ignored - and he'll go away. He's only had a few posts (and mostly negative) in the almost year he's been around. Too bad he'll be missing all the good help from our Omina community.

IMHO,

Ron...

Guest downjones

Sorry.

What the hell...dude if you say ryrzy's rom is the best then you are free to use it ;).....I personally am not willing to go back to the stone age, since ryrzy's rom build is as old as my grand mother )))))))

About the responsiveness and the lags - honestly I can not complain about this.....I use build 23519 from Steff and it IS VERY VERY FAST AND RESPONSIVE!!!

Omnia lite dialer ain't working properly - you the man! Every one who is experienced knows that Samsung Dialer just doesn't work properly with the new WM6.5.5 builds ))))) And this is not the problem of Steff's rom...just a problem of Samsung who can not program a decent software :D

No Jblend - search for Omnia Apps Repositery and get your fu*king JBLEND!!!!

Bt routing - wtf....... HERE THE FIX

Some Dialer bugs.... - dude inside the rom is the original Windows Dialer .......THERE IS NOOOOO BUGS or what so ever!

.....the conclusion is *irony on* you are the BUG! *irony off* ))))))))

Edited by downjones

Guest downjones
@downjones: Dude, I chose this rom because it seemed the best base to cook a rom... when you say DXIF1 it's better, what do you mean?

@HTP123: If that's your oppinion, then what are you doing here? Go ahead and use those roms...

Anyway, I might reconsider cooking roms, when I hear such "appreciations" ;) ... I mean, if I do it badly, then what's the point of continuing doin' it? :(

Steff buddy, DXIF1 is newer, faster, more stable and is more compatible with other software.........for example I do clean ROM install of yours then go to install SRS WOW HD from Sector which should be working........and it just doesn't work.....now I go and flash 23519 from Phdee and the damn SRS WOW Hd works after installing it........and the only difference is just because he is using DXIF1 as base my friend. And all the experienced ROM Cookers are using DXIF1 as base.

So my opinion is if you for example recook the build 23519 and take DXIF1 as base then your ROM will be UNBEATABLE!

...just another little thing, could you please take another callhistory.dll for standard...because this standard in your rom just shows all the calls in a row and it is a mess up.....there is another callhistory.dll which does have tabs...so you can choose from show: "all" "outgoing" "incoming" "missed calls" ))))

Honestly I tried all the newest ROMS due to past 4 days......the problem of most ROM Cookers they put too much trash inside.....like old ugly apps for shutting off the phone....

....and don't get the idea to stop cooking roms!!! Because alot of children will be sad on Christmas!!!! )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I attach something for you to cook in...so it makes your ROM just better :D

Dialer_Scin_DPI_96.rar

Edited by downjones

sal to everybody and especially of Steff who is a chef of note 10:)

are about 3 things that bug me to speak on the eyes when the room is home sites link them with the following: a clock in the top corner you can not get any how, as it was in 6.1 which were somewhere in system settings to see your watch or when you enter the menu. The second thing would be the most important is how we can make the button start / off to change that through an open application ssShutXP press or long press to open it, the 3 would be like to have in a shortcut menu in the trash, that you delete the phone delete from there and if you want to delete completely.

thank you and excuse me if I have bothered. ciao

Edited by Borfas