Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest GreenOmnia

Okay, thanks :rolleyes:

I've got another question: do I have to create the XDA_UC folder on a storage card, or can I do it on My Storage?

And another thing. I was trying to download the 22018 M2Dv2 version and one link has a broken file (you can't extract the Mandrake rar file), and the other link has a very slow download speed. I've tried to download several times, but it always gave me slow results. The Normal version mirror works fine :D

Guest molko
Okay, thanks :D

I've got another question: do I have to create the XDA_UC folder on a storage card, or can I do it on My Storage?

And another thing. I was trying to download the 22018 M2Dv2 version and one link has a broken file (you can't extract the Mandrake rar file), and the other link has a very slow download speed. I've tried to download several times, but it always gave me slow results. The Normal version mirror works fine :(

No idea for both question....sorry.. :rolleyes:

Guest steff195

And another thing. I was trying to download the 22018 M2Dv2 version and one link has a broken file (you can't extract the Mandrake rar file), and the other link has a very slow download speed. I've tried to download several times, but it always gave me slow results. The Normal version mirror works fine :D

1. You can do it on My Storage... here put the files to be installed on main memory (in the XDA_UC folder), if you want to have the option to install the files elsewhere (My Storage for example), then you'll have to create a folder named SD inside the XDA_UC one and place the desired files there... for further information, read the first post, at the bottom.

2. Sorry for the links, the first one is my link, which works best for me when uploading, and the second one is from Mandrake, which wanted to help me with mirrors. Didn't check to see if it's corrupted, but I trust him to do a good job... it's not the first time to provide me his mirrors. :(

Edited by steff195

Guest GreenOmnia

Thanks again :rolleyes:

And guess what .. I've got ANOTHER question x) . Are the problems with the M2Dv2 version still going to occur, if I disable M2Dv2 in the today settings?

Edited by GreenOmnia

Guest Dr. Asimov
Hi guys!

In this last roms, as you noticed yourself, I introduced some new programs, so they might cause some conflicts with Manilla in the Manilla version. If you remember, I said not so long ago that I would rather not cook the Manilla v2. version, because of the problems it caused.

I, personally use the Normal version, as I'm not a great fan of this ported M2Dv2 version... it's not complete and buggy.

The Normal version works just fine, you won't have such problems in that version. I suggest the last one, 22018, as it has the latest additions/tweaks. :rolleyes:

I have to agree with Steff; the M2D interface is too bloated for Omnia i900 (just search other forums). It takes a lot of resources and Omnia simply can't handle it, it is always 'on the edge' and looking slugish. Anyway, the Normal version has an interface that for me is far superior because it is very fast and easy to use, not to mention that it looks nice too (ok, maybe not as appealing as M2D).

The only thing I miss from previous ROMs I've installed is the ability to edit the Normal options (like an option to show Favorites Contatcts and to define the favorites contacts and other option or change the order of the list items). This was done with an editor called 'CHome Editor' but this is not working for the ROM 28xxx from Steff.

Speaking of ROMs, those numbers do mean something, and that is possible the cause of the previous complain: the 28xxx series is different from the 22xxx series. For more details, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=569715

Guest rayi8000
First of all I wanna say Hi! to all of you cookies lovers :blink: … and let me proudly present my custom Roms for i900 Omnia!

EDIT 14.05.2010: 22018 Normal/M2dv2 released! AKU5305 Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4910 (Apr 29 2010. 15:43:49)

1271317131infoboxblue.pngChanges:

This time I decided to introduce some necessary apps only, but I didn’t want this to become a Premium rom, because I thought some of you guys maybe don’t use all the apps that I might introduce and left that decision to yourself.

Anyway, here’s what is new/changed:

- introduced Torch Button for flashlight;

- introduced XDA_Shutdown, for restart/sleep;

- introduced Google Maps 4.1.(with voice search);

- reintroduced XDA_UC with progress bar (with customized background). No problems this time, I mean it won’t get interrupted by that restart message (thanks ock)… it will start installing your apps at the first boot and once it’s done you’ll have to wait a few seconds and that restart message will appear. For usage of this program, see bottom of this post;

- changed most of the newly introduced apps’ icons; but once again I remind you that you can use JWMD Icon Changer (it’s cooked in) to change the icons to some you like more;

- fixed the bluetooth icon when visible to all devices; now the icon is blue too instead of red like before.

- did some icon renaming;

- removed Elegant Black Color theme;

- some rom cleaning, so even if I cooked in some new apps the free space didn’t decrease too much.

Screenshots:

screenshot1qy.pngscreenshot2jn.pngscreenshot2y.png

1271317104folderapollon.pngDownload

22018 Normal Mirror Mandrake (thanks!)

22018 M2Dv2 Mirror Mandrake

EDIT 04.05.2010: 28233 Normal/M2dv2 released! (AKU5303 Windows CE: 5.2 Build 5220 (22 Apr 2010. 12:13:15))

- disabled Samsung Volume control; WinMo one is better looking now, more finger friendly and more simple;

- removed Remote Desktop, which didn’t work correctly;

- removed XDA_UC this time, until I find a solution to make it run at the second boot, because sometimes it runs at the first boot and it gets interrupted by that reboot message after flashing;

- increased back the system fonts a little bit, because it seemed to me now that I exxagerated last time when I decreased them a little too much;

- this time this branch has Office 2010 included (by default, not by me).

Enjoy!... and don't forget, if you appreciate my effort, don't hesitate to buy me a beer. :rolleyes:

Screenshots (just to show you what's new, the rest of the rom has the same 7 look :D ):

screenshot3uh.pngscreenshot1ql.pngscreenshot2xp.png

28233 Normal Mirror Advancedpcs Mirror Mandrake

28233 M2Dv2 Mirror Advancedpcs Mirror Mandrake

Thanks guys for the mirrors!

EDIT 29.04.2010: 22013 Normal released!(AKU5305 Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4908 (Apr 15 2010. 15:44:14) )

Ok guys, this time, in this rom I made some special changes (although at first I didn’t feel like doing it) but some guys (from my national forums) suggested my roms aren’t good enough because they are empty and don’t have even a picture viewer or a music player. I tried to explain them (in vain!) that the idea was to create a lighter rom so that everyone can install afterwards his favorite applications. But they said it’s too much work involved when customizing, like they wanted everything cooked in by me.

Anyway, this made me revise my whole rom, it was helpful after all, because, with this occasion, I fixed some of the remaining problems.

Memory dropped a bit because of the newly introduced items... anyway you have about 142Mb/61Mb free (that should be enough).

- Introduced Nitrogen with an Iphonelike theme modified by me (all panels are black now, plus some hidden buttons and a bigger album art) and set as default. There’s a warning message though at the first program startup, saying the program couldn’t load the default theme, but it loads just fine (For hidden buttons see Nitrogen screenshot); Please notice that Nitrogen is not being opened up from Titanium yet. I didn’t have time to fix that too… maybe in the next releases;

- XDA_UC with Autorun and progress bar (modified a bit), for easy automatic apps installation; If you preffer to install you files manually just ignore it by not creating that XDA_UC folder. (For instructions and tips see the bottom of this post);

- fixed and reassigned the side buttons as follows: - top right button: launches Start Menu; - top right button (hold): launches Task Manager; - camera button: launches Camera; - camera button (hold): launches Today Screen. If you want other shortcuts you can reassign the buttons from the settings;

- Pictures and Videos on Start Menu;

- reintroduced Media Album (the default Omnia picture viewer), so now you can open up pictures, but I didn’t introduce it though to Start Menu as shortcut; If you don’t like it you can install your favorite afterwards;

- reintroduced Internet Sharing;

- reintroduced Remote Desktop Mobile;

- introduced Obex Inbox which allows you to set up where you should save your files received via bluetooth; changed its icon also; you can find it in the Connections tab (see screenshot);

- replaced bluetooth icon with a better looking one;

- made menu fonts smaller so you don’t have to scroll too much or even at all in some programs (e.g.Resco Explorer, SK Tools…), and it looks better; I took care not to affect the finger touch though; if, anyhow, you find them too small you can set the default measures with Advanced Configuration Tool;

- replaced some icons from Start Menu, such as Camera, Internet Sharing or Remote Desktop Mobile;

- Theme content deleted, but I left the icon there because without it the Pesonal menu looks kinda incomplete. I did that change a few roms ago, but I forgot to mention it… that’s what I left it at the end.

I didn't cook a M2Dv2 version this thime because I'm thinking of dropping it as I've noticed it causes some problems and I don't have the time to take care of it.

Screenshots: (most of the rom looks is the same)

screenshot5g.pngscreenshot4pz.pngscreenshot2ue.png

22013 Normal Mirror Advancedpcs Mirror Mandrake

EDIT 24.04.2010: 24011 Normal/M2Dv2 released!

1271317131infoboxblue.png Changes:

- new welcome screen, WP7 style;

- new WP7 style dialer;

- updated default theme with some new good looking elements;

- new WP7 lockscreen;

- changed the two softkeys, with two useful and functional ones, showed when Titanium is disabled.

Screenshots of the newly introduced stuff, the rest of the rom has the same look:

welcomehead96.pngscreenshot1ql.pngscreenshot2r.png

screenshot3mc.pngscreenshot1tw.png

24011 Normal Mirror Mandrake Mirror Advancedpcs

24011 M2Dv2 Mirror Mandrake Mirror Advancedpcs

EDIT 18.04.2010: 23114 Normal & M2Dv2 released!

Some minor changes in these roms, most of them meant to optimize the system, fixed the system lag noticed in the previous version...

For screenshots you can have a look at the previous version, nothing changed in matter of looks.

23114 Normal Advancedpcs Mandrake.dk

23114 M2Dv2 Advancedpcs Mandrake.dk

EDIT 11.04.2010: 25014 Normal & M2Dv2 released!

1271317131infoboxblue.png Changes:

- cooked in JWMD Icon Changer for you guys to change the icons of some programs to your liking, but still you won't be able to change the Settings submenus icons. For usage read the readme file inside the Program Files folder;

- changed the original volume control to a black one (some might say why now, why so late, others had it cooked in long before, but the reason I didn't change it is that I didn't care too much changing it since I myself use the S2U2 volume control, and I think most of you guys also);

- changed the WinMo dialer to a black glossy one;

- removed the Showcase Suite Start Menu icon, the program it's still there though, you can access it by holding the Start Menu icon;

- cooked in HTC Calculator, for it looks better;

- new lockscreen with Sense clock (modified a bit); changing the system wallpaper now changes the lockscreen wallpaper too;

- changed the icons of the newly cooked in apps such as HTC Calculator and JWMD Icon Changer, 'cause the original looked bad;

- deleted more unneeded files to gain some more mb's, but since I cooked in these new apps, the memory didn't grow that much. But I think it's better to have cooked in some useful programs instead of those useless files.

Thanks to ock, thekevster and all the guys that decided to share their work by providing their apps, tweaks, skins, etc. Without them I wouldn't be able to gather all that in one rom.

Here are some SCREENSHOTS, to make an idea:

25014 Normal

screenshot1rc.pngscreenshot2qs.pngscreenshot3da.png

screenshot5q.pngscreenshot7.pngscreenshot6x.png

25014 M2Dv2

screenshot2tt.pngscreenshot1kq.png

25014 Normal Mirror Advancedpcs Mirror Mandrake.dk

25014 M2Dv2 Mirror Advancedpcs Mirror Mandrake.dk

Big thanks for the mirrors. Appreciate it. :(

If any problems, feel free to post. Also feel free to donate, if happy with my roms. :(

EDIT: 25.03.2010: 22010 Normal & M2Dv2 released [22010 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4906 (March 18, 2010 15:42:58)]

Changed:

- the standard lockscreen to a one with the slider down.

- kinetic scrolling problems solved now (that tick sound and that overlapping scroll that didn't work in some submenus);

- smoother touch response than in previous versions.

22010 Normal

22010 M2Dv2

EDIT 18.03.2010: 23549 Normal/M2Dv2 released!

Changed:

- fixed bluetooth receiving problem noticed in the last builds.

For screenshots see 28232 roms, they have the same looks.;)

Download:

23549 Normal

23549 M2Dv2

EDIT 11.03.2010: 23545 Normal/M2Dv2 released!

Fixed:

- Bluetooth icon notifier fix.

Download:

23545 Normal Mirror Advancepcs

23545 M2Dv2 Mirror Advancepcs (big THANKS for the links!)

EDIT 09.03.2010: 23544 Normal/M2Dv2 released!

Fixed:

SMS reply problem solved.

Download:

23544 Normal

23544 M2Dv2

EDIT 05.03.2010: 25007 Normal/M2Dv2 released:

No screenshots this time, no time, but rom looks like the previous, just different build and different memory figures (+ or - few mb's).

Download:

25007 Normal Mirror Advancedpcs

25007 M2Dv2 Mirror Advancedpcs

................................................................................

1271316485helpcontents.pngBranches of WM Development:

(Here is what all these different version numbers relate to, and a summary of their features).

212xx = AKU1, all builds leading up to and including WM 6.5

213xx = MOT motorola

214xx = ???

215xx = SAM samsung

216xx = HTC htc

217xx = COM1, continuing dev of 6.5.0.1 - 6.5.0.40

218xx = COM2, continuing dev of 6.5.0.50

219xx = MD, feature test branch, pretty much dead now. (unstable features are added here, this tree is based on COM1, so older base OS code, but the UI/UX code is newer)

22xxx = SEMC sony ericsson

*230xx = COM3, continuing development

*234xx = COM4, appears to be abandoned.

*235xx = COM5, more GUI changes here. New Outlook Interface.

*236xx = LG Electronics Branch

*24xxx = Possible HTC branch

*25xxx = SEMC - Sony Ericsson

*280xx, 282xx = WMD. This is a continuation of com3 from 23090. Most of the changes appear to be with IE

231xx has threaded email

235xx has threaded email

236xx has threaded email.

................................................................................

1271317131infoboxblue.pngUseful tips! (more soon...)

(I wrote these here, 'cause I noticed many users asking this over and over again):

Using XDA_UC to install programs automatically:

XDA UC is a brilliant way of installing all your usual cabs after a flash using mort script. The process is fully automatic and requires no user intervention (unless you want to install onto My storage/ Storage card). It will commence a few seconds after starting up and MUST NOT BE INTERRUPTED. Read more about it HERE.

This is how to do it:

1. Create a XDA_UC folder on the root of your storage card. In this folder, copy all the cabs you want to have installed onto the main memory.

2. If you want to install onto My Storage/ Storage card, then in the XDA_UC folder, create a folder called SD. In this folder, place all the cabs that want to install onto Storage card/ My Storage. You will have the option where to install them. Please note, if you install a cab that needs restarting after install (e.g Office), DO NOT restart, wait until everything’s installed and then restart manually (You will get a message when it’s all done).

If, for some reson the system hangs, just see what cab(s) causes that and move it into that SD folder that allows you to input your options.

- if you wanna get rid of those stripes when installing or in certain menus, you have to go to Settings/Home and select your favorite theme; it shows these stripes because no theme is selected… it just loads the default from the rom;

- In M2Dv2 version you will have to install this fix for Home Weather to work. Tried to include it in rom, but gave me an error;

If anyone wanna help and mirror this files, I would appreciate... B)

Also, if you're happy with my work, feel free to donate and respect my hard work. :(

Hi Steff195

Does this custom ROM applicable to SAMSUNG OMNIA 2 I8000?

Guest steff195
Hi. steff195

I can't send message to you.

I got your message. Thanks!

Hi Steff195

No!

Guest ronaldb3
Hi Steff195

ray i8000-

Newbie tip:

Don't post a one line question to a 10 screen previous post. Just highlight most of the old post and "DELETE" before hitting Send. Very simple to do.

Can you imagine if everyone did what you did? This thread would be hundreds of pages long and unreadable.

IMHO,

Ron...

Guest GreenOmnia

Hey guys .. I've tried to flash my phone, but I got stuck at 47% .. haven't disconected my phone yet (I heard it's a bad thing to do), can anybody help? Urgent!

Guest steff195
Hey guys .. I've tried to flash my phone, but I got stuck at 47% .. haven't disconected my phone yet (I heard it's a bad thing to do), can anybody help? Urgent!

You don't have other solution but to restart the process. But make sure this time you have the Samsung Modem Driver and Active Sync installed. That could be causing that.

Guest GreenOmnia
You don't have other solution but to restart the process. But make sure this time you have the Samsung Modem Driver and Active Sync installed. That could be causing that.

Yeah..I did that, but now it stucked at 6% xD Is it normal to stuck sometimes? And how long does the flashing process last normaly?

Guest Hanusch

Hi Steff 195 ,

can upload your XDA.Shutdown with skin of your ROM for me . Thank you very much :rolleyes: - Nice work ...

Guest GreenOmnia
No, it's not normal... and... it should take about 3 minutes. :rolleyes:

Oh..well, it definitely lasted for more than 3 minutes xD . And you don't know what could cause the problem? .. because I've searched a bit on the forum, and I see I'm not the only one with this problem..

Guest 4l3554ndr0

Hi all,hi steff,very nice rom.i very like it.

i have a big problem about the phone part..pda part ok,but i have try to phone 12 phone part,but the signal is ko..i have 2 omnia,but in this,the signal is very very very low.i had try to flash with grandprix 1.8.10 for xp and .exe phone part,but the result doesn't change..

i have vodafone and my omnia was tim branding,but i had flash with XIHI5.

i change the phone part every 10 minutes,because the signal always disappear,indipendent to phone part

who say why?

Guest steff195
Hi steff195.

I sent message to you.

Are you receive it?

Yes man, thanks alot!

Hi Steff 195 ,

can upload your XDA.Shutdown with skin of your ROM for me . Thank you very much :rolleyes: - Nice work ...

I attached the EXT files of it, don't have a cab for it, but you just place those files anywhere you like... and it should work. :D

Oh..well, it definitely lasted for more than 3 minutes xD . And you don't know what could cause the problem? .. because I've searched a bit on the forum, and I see I'm not the only one with this problem..

Don't know man, I didn't encounter that even once.

Hi all,hi steff,very nice rom.i very like it.

i have a big problem about the phone part..pda part ok,but i have try to phone 12 phone part,but the signal is ko..i have 2 omnia,but in this,the signal is very very very low.i had try to flash with grandprix 1.8.10 for xp and .exe phone part,but the result doesn't change..

i have vodafone and my omnia was tim branding,but i had flash with XIHI5.

i change the phone part every 10 minutes,because the signal always disappear,indipendent to phone part

who say why?

I would suggest to update your phone part with IF1.

Now.... 21660 both versions released, on first post. :(

xdaShutdown1.01._WQVGA_.rar

Guest 4l3554ndr0

thanks for the reply,but i have already flash with IF1,but the result not change.

here all the version that i flash with no result:

PUJA1,JC1C2,XXIB2,DXIF1,XXHI4,DXIA5,XXHJ2,XXHH3,DXID1

That's impossible that all phone part doesn't work..maybe the phone has got some problem..

there are any reg modifying for that problem?

thnx

Guest Froggi

Greetings Steff195!

For a long time I use your wearings...

All are stable... Customizations all I do for Russia... It is very happy! I recommend to the friends... But here the question - on a slider is control buttons WMP. IT WORKS?

Or it is simple so.... ФЕЙК?

Thanks!!

Guest Mandrake333

Sorry I didn't notice that this file was corrupted before, I've disabled the download and will replace the file with one that hopefully works. I normally check the MD5 hash of the files but apparently I've made a mistake with this one.

But with that here are my links for 21660:

21660 Normal

21660 M2Dv2

Edited by Mandrake333