Software that can backup/restore all settings of any apps !

Guest Keramidas

Guest JMonkeYJ
Hi,

Did you try backing up / restoring the recently added [ACCOUNTS] item ?

Thanks

Keramidas,

I just tried using the [ACCOUNTS] restore and it didn't work. Maybe because I'm using the Froyo ROM for the Droid?

Guest Uberadri

Hi,

I don't know if it's a bug or feature, :) but it took me until now to figure out that the filter affects scheduled backups. I thought there was something wrong because the scheduled backup never ran, but now I cleared the filter and that was the problem!

Guest Keramidas
Hi,

I don't know if it's a bug or feature, :) but it took me until now to figure out that the filter affects scheduled backups. I thought there was something wrong because the scheduled backup never ran, but now I cleared the filter and that was the problem!

Hi,

I understand that you didn't see anything in the list while the filter was active, but the scheduled backups are definitely independent of the filter. There's never any filtering with widget actions and scheduled actions.

Thanks

Guest Keramidas
Keramidas,

I just tried using the [ACCOUNTS] restore and it didn't work. Maybe because I'm using the Froyo ROM for the Droid?

Hi,

There seem to be issues with Froyo Droid and Titanium Backup. It's strange because it works like a charm with Froyo on a N1...

Guest JMonkeYJ
Hi,

There seem to be issues with Froyo Droid and Titanium Backup. It's strange because it works like a charm with Froyo on a N1...

you might not want to worry about problems with Droid Froyo yet. it looks like these builds are very early, and with each new release apps that didn't work before magically start working (for example the chrome-to-phone didn't work until recently, and an app that uses the camera flash as a flashlight just started working). so it's quite possible that these early leaks are missing important functionality.

Guest Keramidas
you might not want to worry about problems with Droid Froyo yet. it looks like these builds are very early, and with each new release apps that didn't work before magically start working (for example the chrome-to-phone didn't work until recently, and an app that uses the camera flash as a flashlight just started working). so it's quite possible that these early leaks are missing important functionality.

Yes, these builds are quite buggy.

By the way - I just received an e-mail from a Droid Froyo user, who said that everything works fine once he downloaded busybox (using he "Problems?" button). So I guess it might just be a bad busybox executable that's included in that ROM.

Guest JMonkeYJ
Yes, these builds are quite buggy.

By the way - I just received an e-mail from a Droid Froyo user, who said that everything works fine once he downloaded busybox (using he "Problems?" button). So I guess it might just be a bad busybox executable that's included in that ROM.

i am using Ti backup to restore all my apps and most of my settings on Froyo, so it's not a busybox issue. but Accounts don't get restored.

Guest DomSim

MY First post here, first off, thank you so much for this program. I have an evo 4g and have the donation version ad Snyder notice this problem until activating the donation version. Every thing restores but for some reason the contact pictures no longer show in my sms inbox or actually on the text. They still show in the widget though. Any ideas?

Guest Upquark
Hi,

Sorry for the delay... This is noted, and indeed I will need to look at this. It's true that most of the time people don't need to backup the contacts because they're synced on Google, but indeed it needs to work if you can't rely on the Google servers, too.

I will look try to find where the "big" contact pictures are stored.

Thanks

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

Guest Keramidas
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

You're welcome !

I will also look and see where contact pictures and account settings (at least those that TB seemingly cannot backup) are located. Will continue to do my best :)

Guest Vexed235

So is there (or will there be) a way that allows you to restore apps to the SD card after a clean install, and not to the internal memory? My issue is that if I have a few hundred apps backed up (and moved to the SD... thank you for that) when I do a restore there is not enough room on the internal memory to restore all the apps.

And maybe a bulk feature that allows you to move multiple apps to the SD? That would be sweet...

Thanks in advance.

------------

Motorola Droid - 2.2 Froyo [bB-FRF57-v0.1]

Guest Keramidas
So is there (or will there be) a way that allows you to restore apps to the SD card after a clean install, and not to the internal memory? My issue is that if I have a few hundred apps backed up (and moved to the SD... thank you for that) when I do a restore there is not enough room on the internal memory to restore all the apps.

And maybe a bulk feature that allows you to move multiple apps to the SD? That would be sweet...

Thanks in advance.

------------

Motorola Droid - 2.2 Froyo [bB-FRF57-v0.1]

Hi,

Yes, I will add a "default install location" option (and possibly other options, such as Batch) for Froyo users. But I'd rather wait for the final version of Froyo to arrive, because the current apps2sd implementation in Froyo can bomb out from time to time, while installing an application to SD, and sometimes even while doing an upgrade from the Market.

I'm looking forward so much to the official Froyo release ! The JIT engine is really stable, and the only unstable thing (afaik) is the apps2sd implementation...

Guest alti4

First of all, thank you for this great application. It's definitely my number one app.

Now my question: Could Titanium Backup be made available as an update.zip? There are still some devs that don't cook this app in their roms, so I always have to download it first from the markt before I'm able to restore my settings. But to be able to download from the market, I have to enter some settings manually beforehand.

Putting an apk on the sd card is not a solution as in most roms a file manager is missing, too.

Would be great, thanks in advance!

Guest Keramidas
First of all, thank you for this great application. It's definitely my number one app.

Now my question: Could Titanium Backup be made available as an update.zip? There are still some devs that don't cook this app in their roms, so I always have to download it first from the markt before I'm able to restore my settings. But to be able to download from the market, I have to enter some settings manually beforehand.

Putting an apk on the sd card is not a solution as in most roms a file manager is missing, too.

Would be great, thanks in advance!

Hi and thanks for your nice message :)

Yes, many people have requested an update.zip lately. So I think I'll do it soon.

Thanks again

Guest tonemgub
Hi,

To backup everything periodically, you need to use the 2nd one.

The 1st one would only do the backups that you have already made before.

Thanks! Is it possible to make Titanium Backup *not* to re-copy the user-installed apks if they're not changed...? I suppose that would make the process faster...

Guest Keramidas
Thanks! Is it possible to make Titanium Backup *not* to re-copy the user-installed apks if they're not changed...? I suppose that would make the process faster...

It does it already. And it even shares any identical apk's between successive backups ;)

Guest Uberadri

Hi,

I have some requests/bugs for your awesome application:

- Batch uninstall

- Disable notifications while application is active and screen is on

- Bug: WiFi access point backup did not validate on my Acer Liquid with LCR 1.6 rom.

- Bug: Settings was reset automatically at some time

Guest Keramidas
Hi,

I have some requests/bugs for your awesome application:

- Batch uninstall

- Disable notifications while application is active and screen is on

- Bug: WiFi access point backup did not validate on my Acer Liquid with LCR 1.6 rom.

- Bug: Settings was reset automatically at some time

Hi,

1. Ok, it's noted ;)

2. I'm not sure about this - but generally speaking, I'll continue to tweak the notification features for sure !

3. Please do: "su" and then "find /data/misc/wifi" and e-mail me the results...

4. Please e-mail me with more details about this.

Thanks !

Guest Uberadri

1. ;)

2. I guess it's not a big deal, I just think it's kinda unnecessary when you are looking at progress bar in the app to have another in the notifications you "have to" click on to remove. :(

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH

$ $su

# find /data/misc/wifi

/data/misc/wifi

/data/misc/wifi/wpa.conf

#

Should I send you the wpa.conf file?

Btw, I will flash LCR 1.7, new version of the custom ROM, today. I'll validate access point after and see if that solves it.

4. I set in the preferences Max backup history to 2 and compression to BZIP2 some time ago (a month or two). Yesterday I noticed the text on the bottom of the app pop up said my max backup history was 1. So I checked preferences and they were reset to 1 and GZIP. I cannot remember to have to have uninstalled the app or something like that, but I guess it's possible I have. I have updated it several times, maybe that did something. I'll tell you if it happens again.

Guest Keramidas

2. Agreed - either I'll improve this, or I'll clear the notification when the app is exited.

3. Ok, wpa.conf should be supported already. Please try deleting all your "Wi-fi access points" backups, then make a new backup and launch the batch verification. I suspect the batch verifier possibly complained about another backup (not the latest one).

4. It sounds far more likely that you *did* un-install and reinstall Titanium Backup at some point, thus resetting the setting. I'm not saying it's impossible otherwise, but (as far as I know) it would be a first ;)

To avoid this risk, I'll improve on "4" on the future by auto-saving the Titanium Backup settings to the SD card, and auto-restoring them (well asking the user whether he/she wants to restore them) if it is re-installed from scratch.

Guest Keramidas
Ok, thanks! ;)

3. Tried now, didn't validate.

Ok, please e-mail me everything that starts with "com.keramidas.virtual.WIFI_AP_LIST" from your TitaniumBackup directory (on your SD card). I will look at it.

Thanks !

Guest Uberadri

Now I have flashed new rom LCR 1.7.

"com.android.providers.applications" is this APN settings? Shouldn't it be green?

3. Backup from LCR 1.6 attached. tried with LCR 1.7, didn't validate either.

4. This just became clear; Titanium backup lacks the essential function of backing up itself! My schedules were also lost!

TitaniumBackup_wifi_verify_fail.zip

Guest Keramidas
Now I have flashed new rom LCR 1.7.

"com.android.providers.applications" is this APN settings? Shouldn't it be green?

3. Backup from LCR 1.6 attached. tried with LCR 1.7, didn't validate either.

4. This just became clear; Titanium backup lacks the essential function of backing up itself! My schedules were also lost!

No, the APN settings as labeled as SMS/MMS/APN in the list.

As I said, I'll add an auto-backup for the Titanium Backup settings. But it's normal that Titanium Backup won't backup/restore itself, otherwise it would be a huge mess when restoring ;)

The tar.gz file you provided seems totally corrupted. Are you sure that the backups/restores are working fine on that ROM ? If you backup something else, does it verify successfully ? And did you hit the "Problems" button in the first place ?

By the way: The problem is identified now, so please reply by e-mail... Thanks !