Software that can backup/restore all settings of any apps !

Guest Keramidas

Guest Keramidas
I really like the new "create update.zip" feature.

However, I have just tried a new ROM and when I try to apply the titaniumbackup.zip with AMON RA, the update aborts due to no signature on the zip.

Yes I know... Either I will try to do it on the phone itself, or distribute signed update.zip's.

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hmjbarbosa
Yes exactly, the apps are saved automatically with the data.

The smiley icon means that the app is backed up too.

You can look at the choices after clicking "restore", you can restore either the app or the data.

I will add a "properties" display in next versions, which should clarify things a lot :-)

And what about a "Backup NOW" button?

Guest magiske

Can you do a 2.1 backup and do a full system restore to 2.2(Froyo) And later ?

So after a wipe I can get my phone back to "normal" without having to reinstall/and recover mail/sms ect. ??

/Mads

Guest Keramidas
Can you do a 2.1 backup and do a full system restore to 2.2(Froyo) And later ?

So after a wipe I can get my phone back to "normal" without having to reinstall/and recover mail/sms ect. ??

/Mads

Restoring everything from 2.1 to 2.2 ? No, I don't recommend it.

With SMS/MMS, call log and (of course) all apps, you shall be safe. Then do a full backup once you're on 2.2 and everything will be fine.

If you backup & restore everything from 2.1 to 2.2, it would be just like if you hadn't wiped: not 100% stable.

Guest Han-Droid

[donate-version]

I am always confused and feeling insecure with TB... so would be anyone so kind and NAME me the items I have to tick when I like to restore the following? :

(basically "core-data" ..."phone-wise"...if you know what I mean)

- contacts (including, ringtone assignments, pictures/avatars)

- htc screens and arrangement of icons on every home-screen (assume apps have been restored before, of course)

- calendar-data

- pop3-accounts

I "feel" that restoring everything messes up system and/or performance...so restoring user-apps and the "core-data" mentioned above is what I would prefer.

Thanks for your answers :-)

Edited by Han-Droid

Guest Keramidas

Hi,

You'd need to restore:

- [CONTACTS/CALLS]

- [sMS/MMS/APN]

- [DESKTOP] items and [APP WIDGETS] item

- [CALENDAR] item.

As usual, I don't recommend to backup/restore system data across different Android versions (such as between 1.5 and 2.x) with Titanium Backup. It's a root backup tool, not a "traditional" phone data backup tool such as MyBackup.

However, many people have transported the [sMS/MMS/APN] and [CONTACTS/CALLS] between Android 2.1 and 2.2, including me. It works fine.

In the future I will perhaps add functionality to backup some phone data using the standard APIs, which would make it fully transportable across Android versions.

Guest Han-Droid
Hi,

You'd need to restore:

- [CONTACTS/CALLS]

- [sMS/MMS/APN]

- [DESKTOP] items and [APP WIDGETS] item

- [CALENDAR] item.

As usual, I don't recommend to backup/restore system data across different Android versions (such as between 1.5 and 2.x) with Titanium Backup. It's a root backup tool, not a "traditional" phone data backup tool such as MyBackup.

However, many people have transported the [sMS/MMS/APN] and [CONTACTS/CALLS] between Android 2.1 and 2.2, including me. It works fine.

In the future I will perhaps add functionality to backup some phone data using the standard APIs, which would make it fully transportable across Android versions.

thanks! just the info I needed!!!!.... ehm, what about pop3-account-settings...what item is it?

Guest tonemgub1

Copy from a M/S forum post... http://forums.markspace.com/viewtopic.php?p=28034#p28034

As a developer I know why the message is there. May I suggest that using an android.app.AlarmManager and to use android.app.Service.startForeground only when an actual sync operation takes place?

That would also save some memory as the application won't need to stay in memory all time.

Edited by tonemgub1

I installed it, it looks fine, just a question as it seems to not answer my need.

4 days ago, my SD Card went kaboom. Couldn't read it not in the Phone nor the PC with card reader. I had to format it. How can your application help here ?

It WOULD help here if it would backup things to my PC. Now THAT is something usefull.

This way, I could install it on my formatted SD and restore all from the PC.

One more thing. While browsing the SD card in the Phone, I can see the files inside the backup directory. But when hooked to the PC the directory is empty. So I can't even manually copy them to my PC as a bakcup.

One more thing. While browsing the SD card in the Phone, I can see the files inside the backup directory. But when hooked to the PC the directory is empty. So I can't even manually copy them to my PC as a bakcup.

You should be able to. Unfortunately I have no idea what could explain why this might be happening to you. In the meantime you could try backing up the files using adb pull from the command line, instead of a filer & mass storage mode, but obviously you will want to figure out why you're experiencing this problem. Hopefully someone can assist.

What is the email for obtaining the License. I paid through Moneykeepers the next page said, send me an email but

the developers email not listed anywhere.

Thanks.

Guest Keramidas
What is the email for obtaining the License. I paid through Moneykeepers the next page said, send me an email but

the developers email not listed anywhere.

Thanks.

You're right. See my PM with my e-mail address. I'll fix the page, too :D

Guest rameses

Just to say, I've just bought a copy and it's the best app on my Desire. Makes life so much easier after with all this ROM flashing going on.

Cheers

Guest Keramidas
Just to say, I've just bought a copy and it's the best app on my Desire. Makes life so much easier after with all this ROM flashing going on.

Cheers

Thanks a lot ! More improvements will be coming in Titanium Backup :D

Guest Lysius

I would like to see the possibility to tag a specific backup so that it does not get overwritten by newer backups. So you can always get back to a specific older version of an app even when there were more newer backups than your history can contain.

And it would be nice to have the possibility to delete and later (manually) restore a market link.

And I would like to be able to hide specific apps from the batch restore jobs (so that I can keep a backup but the app does not get reinstalled automatically after I wipe and reinstall all missing apps).

Guest Keramidas
I would like to see the possibility to tag a specific backup so that it does not get overwritten by newer backups. So you can always get back to a specific older version of an app even when there were more newer backups than your history can contain.

And it would be nice to have the possibility to delete and later (manually) restore a market link.

And I would like to be able to hide specific apps from the batch restore jobs (so that I can keep a backup but the app does not get reinstalled automatically after I wipe and reinstall all missing apps).

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. The 1st and 3rd ones are already in my wish list. Your 2nd suggestion is already implemented, when you long-click on an app you can hit "Detach from Market". However to restore the link you need to have made a backup of the app before detaching it.

Thanks again

Guest Keramidas
1. Search filter

2. "Reboot after restore" & "Reboot after backup" function

Hi,

1. Please elaborate...

2. It's in the wish list already, thanks...

Guest Albert Poon
My pleasure :-)

suggestions are always welcome.

1. recovery entry

2. Ever since Paul added ROM Manager in the kitchen, the settings of ROM Manager cannot be backed up or restored

3. Network Mode (GSM/WCDMA) setting cannot be backed up

4. Google a/c - after restore from flash, google a/c is there, but lost the linkage to calender and gmail

Edited by Albert Poon

Best app ever made, don't hesitate to pay for it, worth every dollar.

Got one feature I would love to see in it:

Be able to choose apps and create an flashable .zip of those apps, to export them to the system-partition. This would save some time for us without full root access to the system partition.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Val3r10

Hello. Just donated because Titanium is one of the best apps I used till now.

In the poll I voted for the "Data export (csv, html table, ...)" line, because I actually need a full EXTENDED report of all the installed apps, with all the infos I realized are in different .properties files.

For instance, I'd like to have a full list of the apps with all that data in a table (soft name, version, object name, market link or not, install date, admob/protected, and so on)

Actually I'm trying to post-process by myself all the separate files via a GAWK script, but an out-of-the-box summary report would be much better... don't you agree ? :huh:

Thanks for all that work, a lot!

Edited by Val3r10

Guest Keramidas
Hello. Just donated because Titanium is one of the best apps I used till now.

In the poll I voted for the "Data export (csv, html table, ...)" line, because I actually need a full EXTENDED report of all the installed apps, with all the infos I realized are in different .properties files.

For instance, I'd like to have a full list of the apps with all that data in a table (soft name, version, object name, market link or not, install date, admob/protected, and so on)

Actually I'm trying to post-process by myself all the separate files via a GAWK script, but an out-of-the-box summary report would be much better... don't you agree ? ;)

Thanks for all that work, a lot!

Hi and thanks for the suggestion !

Yes I agree, I need to add more data export features. But there's so much to do :huh:

I'll do my best...

Thanks again !