Software that can backup/restore all settings of any apps !

Guest Keramidas

Guest mkolonko

i seem to miss something.

i did a data backup of the dialer storage, that should backup the apn settings (right?). then i change the apn settings and try to restore it, but i still have the changed apn settings.

and why there are lots of apps, that don't have the market link saved? the icon is still "just" a smily, without the M...

thanks!

Edited by mkolonko

Guest Keramidas
i seem to miss something.

i did a data backup of the dialer storage, that should backup the apn settings (right?). then i change the apn settings and try to restore it, but i still have the changed apn settings.

and why there are lots of apps, that don't have the market link saved? the icon is still "just" a smily, without the M...

thanks!

Hi mkolonko,

I haven't checked but I suspect you have to restart the phone for the restored settings to apply.

About your apps' market links that are not saved:

- are you sure that these apps are visible in "My Downloads" in the Market ?

- do you have a MoDaCo ROM with SQlite ?

Guest Keramidas

Version 2.3.0 with Batch Restore and completely new notification engine has been published on the Market ! It's da Bomb !!! :)

Btw, for those who like my app, please donate if you can... Thanks !

Guest polonius
The only thing that I hadn't backed up was my wallpaper and settings, anyone know which bit that's stored in? I have the jpg I applied, but next time it'd be great to be able to just restore it.

Is it "HTC Sense 1.00"? Then it should be green..

"Browser 1.10" should be in green as well, since all the bookmarks are saved within this app.

Great app btw! :)

I'm currently on Modaco 3.1. Yesterday I got a new microSD Card (Transcendent, 8GB, Class6). I tried to copy my stuff (incl. app2sd) from one card to the other, but it my apps didn't work. So I waited for the new batch restore in titanium. Today I tried this but I always get a force close. Notification: 0% - Restoring [not installed] [not installed]. Normal Restore (click) works fine.

"Browser 1.10" should be in green as well, since all the bookmarks are saved within this app.

Nope, My phone's a Pulse so I don't have Sense, it's running stock cupcake, so it will be where ever the default android wallpaper is saved.

Guest Keramidas

Many thanks, I have added the HTC desktop settings (shortcuts etc), the Browser (bookmarks etc) and the Android settings (wallpaper etc) to the "green" list. Will be included in 2.3.1 B)

Many thanks, I have added the HTC desktop settings (shortcuts etc), the Browser (bookmarks etc) and the Android settings (wallpaper etc) to the "green" list. Will be included in 2.3.1 :)

I've been successfully backing up and restoring my SMSs by backup up the data for Messaging

and my Home layout by backing up something just called Home. (This is on a Pulse, with a stock cupcake ROM)

Oh, I caused serious issues(I had to delete the backups) by backing up Market by accident, it might be nice to add a confirmation instead of just backing up when the user clicks a red item.

Guest Keramidas
I've been successfully backing up and restoring my SMSs by backup up the data for Messaging

and my Home layout by backing up something just called Home. (This is on a Pulse, with a stock cupcake ROM)

Oh, I caused serious issues(I had to delete the backups) by backing up Market by accident, it might be nice to add a confirmation instead of just backing up when the user clicks a red item.

Thanks, I added the standard Android "Home" (labeled it as [DESKTOP]) for next version 2.3.1.

For SMS/MMS I'm surprised: as far as I know, they should be already labeled as [sMS/MMS/APN]. The only thing that I don't label yet, is "com.android.mms" (might be labeled Messaging on your phone) and that only contains MMS preferences like delivery notifications, not data.

Guest Keramidas
I'm currently on Modaco 3.1. Yesterday I got a new microSD Card (Transcendent, 8GB, Class6). I tried to copy my stuff (incl. app2sd) from one card to the other, but it my apps didn't work. So I waited for the new batch restore in titanium. Today I tried this but I always get a force close. Notification: 0% - Restoring [not installed] [not installed]. Normal Restore (click) works fine.

Hi Stevi,

Maybe you have some broken backup due to your apps2sd problem ? Do you have any backup labeled as [not installed] [not installed], and if so, have you tried deleting them before starting the batch restore ?

I know that currently it is not possible to exclude a backup from the batch restore, thus your problem might be caused by a broken backup that you have never tried to restore individually.

If you think all your backups can be restored individually but the batch restore still crashes, please send me a log of the crash (use either "adb logcat" or the aLogcat app).

Thanks !

Thanks, I added the standard Android "Home" (labeled it as [DESKTOP]) for next version 2.3.1.

For SMS/MMS I'm surprised: as far as I know, they should be already labeled as [sMS/MMS/APN]. The only thing that I don't label yet, is "com.android.mms" (might be labeled Messaging on your phone) and that only contains MMS preferences like delivery notifications, not data.

Hmm maybe. I do back that up too but I thought that the first time I did (and didn't backup Messaging) I lost my SMS, I'll check next time I need to restore by leaving out Messaging :)

Ahh, it's called "Messaging huawei.openos.baseapp.general.B228"(on the little dialog you pop up to chose to restore etc...) I wonder if Huawei did something odd with the Pulse :S

the one that's green and tagged [sMS/MMS/APN] is called "Dialer Storage huawei.openos.baseapp.general.B206"

I've just noticed that the "Refresh your old(>N days) backups" tries, and fails, to backup backups that have not been installed.

(I have a couple of apps that I've not bothered restoring, I don't want to delete them, but don't need them at the moment)

Guest Keramidas
I've just noticed that the "Refresh your old(>N days) backups" tries, and fails, to backup backups that have not been installed.

(I have a couple of apps that I've not bothered restoring, I don't want to delete them, but don't need them at the moment)

It's noted, thanks.

By the way, I have just published a new version, 2.3.1, which features a new HyperShell feature for donate users. This speeds up all shell commands by a factor of 5x :) The backups/restores themselves should be around ~2-2.5x faster.

It's noted, thanks.

By the way, I have just published a new version, 2.3.1, which features a new HyperShell feature for donate users. This speeds up all shell commands by a factor of 5x :) The backups/restores themselves should be around ~2-2.5x faster.

Wow! :) that's really neat :)

(Come payday, at the end of the month, I'll be donating. The App is awesome! :) )

Guest TomBriden

Firstly, thanks for a great app. I've tried MyBackupPro and Backup for Root but this one is the best by far! I've just wiped and installed the latest MDC Rom on my Hero and getting all my apps, settings and home screens back was quick and painless.

There were only 2 things that i couldn't find in the app list to backup: call log and wireless settings (ie, the stored access points and their keys). Call log isn't a big deal (i should've just used wavesecure) but for wireless the only thing i saw that might include its settings was '[settings] Settings Storage' but they weren't there after restoring that. Have i just missed the options in the list for these or are they not implemented yet?

Edit: Call log came back after a couple of reboots

Edited by TomBriden

Guest mkolonko
Hi mkolonko,

I haven't checked but I suspect you have to restart the phone for the restored settings to apply.

About your apps' market links that are not saved:

- are you sure that these apps are visible in "My Downloads" in the Market ?

- do you have a MoDaCo ROM with SQlite ?

hi Keramidas,

apps problem solved... the apps were all visible in the "My Downloads", but some of them were not listed as installed (though they were - must have been an app2sd issue).

but I still have the issue with the apn settings. after rebooting the phone, the settings were still not restored.

Guest Keramidas
Any thoughts on restoring the custom dictionary for text input?

Yes, I've thought about it too, but I haven't found where the user dictionary is actually located.

It's supposed to be in "/data/data/com.android.providers.userdictionary" but there is only an empty database there.

Maybe I have to look again :)

Guest Keramidas
hi,

is it not possible to restore the apps on a 2.0 eclair?

i just flushed the 2.0 rom (aosp-eclair-2-0-r4-for-gsm-hero) and wanted to restore my apps, but i got an error msg: "Parse Error, there is a problem parsing the package"

Hi mkolonko,

I think that particular backup might be broken. Older versions of Titanium Backup did not check for LZO compression in Busybox, and thus could create zero-byte backups if you had a busybox version without LZO.

Please have a look at your TitaniumBackup folder on your sd card, and get rid of any zero-byte files (and any same-named "properties" files).

If the problem happens again, especially with a new app that you have never backed up before, please report again :-)

Guest drigerott

I have a question: when i restore my app, i must install manual ones a time...there is a metod to automatically install all app? whitout manual imput on install and finish?

Guest Keramidas
I have a question: when i restore my app, i must install manual ones a time...there is a metod to automatically install all app? whitout manual imput on install and finish?

Hi drigerott,

Unfortunately (for us) the Android security model forbids it totally. Just think about an app that would be able to install other apps, without any warning to the user about the newly installed app's access rights ! The installed app could have internet access, GPS access, phone call rights, etc, without the user even being asked about it :)

Of course in our case, we are a bit more lucky because we have root rights, so I'll see what I can do :)

Guest Keramidas
Firstly, thanks for a great app. I've tried MyBackupPro and Backup for Root but this one is the best by far! I've just wiped and installed the latest MDC Rom on my Hero and getting all my apps, settings and home screens back was quick and painless.

There were only 2 things that i couldn't find in the app list to backup: call log and wireless settings (ie, the stored access points and their keys). Call log isn't a big deal (i should've just used wavesecure) but for wireless the only thing i saw that might include its settings was '[settings] Settings Storage' but they weren't there after restoring that. Have i just missed the options in the list for these or are they not implemented yet?

Edit: Call log came back after a couple of reboots

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for your great feedback ! You should state this on the market comments page :)

Indeed, I haven't looked at where the WLAN access point list is stored. But I know there is an issue when upgrading to MoDaCo 3.1: all your access points are nonfunctional, probably because of a HTC code change releted to hex WEP keys, and you need to delete and re-create them anyway...

But I'll look and see in which database the access points are.

Have fun,

Joël