OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest SorrowWind

Hi. I'm using the UltraLite rom 23129 build. It's fine, but a problem was encountered:

When I install the modded top bar, the zoomed bar with big icons left untouched, with weird original icons.

This problem is on OCK's rom only, the others are problem free.

Please, tell me what to do. IMHO, the problem is hiding in the shellres.96.dll - the top bar dll... Thx in advance.

Hi ock, i've been looking for some roms to upgrade to, and yours is the one i chose. i really think i'm gonna like it, but the thing is i am REALLY, REALLY noob at this (i just learn fast haha) and i don't want to use my phone as a paperweight :D can u help me a lil bit?

i'm using windows 7 ultimate+windows mobile center+omnia sgh-i900L. thx very much for ur help and the grat work u're doing.

See my first post for the links to the rom-flashing guides.

Hi kebogila,

Where did you see that ?? I neeeeed it !! :(

All,

I have a few issues with OCK AlphaUI ROM. Can someone help ?

1/ On Win Seven, I have to uncheck "Enable advanced network functionality" in Settings | Connections | USB to PC for my phone to synch. I don't need to do that with another machine running Windows XP.

How does come ? Is it an issue with Windows Seven's drivers ? (sometimes 7 tells me he is looking for an SGH-908 drivers when I connect my phone)

2/ Wifi.

I can connect to wifi but I'm unable to browse in Opera or retrieve weather or GPS Xtra.

Each time, my Omnia wants to connect to GPRS but I don't have a data plan.

How can change this ?

3/ Internet connection over ActiveSync.

Same, when I'm connected through ActiveSync, I can't retrieve weather. I can however retrieve GPS Xtra (when connected under Windows XP).

Do you know what I need to configure ?

@ock, your AlphaUI really really rocks. I have tested plenty of ROMs and this is the 1st time I got so happy with my phone.

Best regards,

You may want to try the operator settings trick listed on my second post. Then use Dialup enabler-disabler to disable your data connections.

QUOTE(PJ_Omnia @ Aug 18 2010, 05:30)

Hi!

Using Premium 23129 and also feeling that the battery drainage is faster on this build.

With regards

23563 (also the one before this one) and then 25018 (?_i think it was this number with the hanging bug and premium with Jumba theme) and now 23129 premium with Jumba theme.

I see, it may be related to the build itself as I've not make other changes.

@ MimomaN

Jeeperz.....where did i put that now.....i dont have it anymore bro. :( you could download the ROM i think from HERE

and extract the M2D theme (if you know how.......) someone here will, and even add it to the new M2D (Sense) to make it nice....i cant test it - as i dont have Omnia anymore.

@ Alien-Tech

Nah, not had it for a very long time.....miss cooking....now using iPhone 4....yeah i kno.....it jailbroke and really customised....not gonna bore you with the details or the pics :D but its sweet.

Gonna get Windows Phone 7 device in New Year (as well as Android 3.0) and start playing again. So i will be back, but i have no idea what device yet!

@ Ock....

i'm alswys keeping an eye on EVERYTHING, thats what i do (very well)... ;)

Not cooking nothing for now....nice clean break....had HTC Hero (sold), BLackBerry Storm 2 (sold), now as above iPhone 4. Might make some themes for iPhone as its pretty simple really.

Made some themes for Hero and a few of my own ROMs too, Android is nice, far better than WinMo, but a different language (which i kinda got to grips with - BASIC LEVEL)

So, lots of cooking to come in the future, for now i just chill, educate, work, etc ; buti miss cooking a LOT!

Take care people and KEEP enjoying the Omnia, it taught me a lot and it gave me a lot too :D

Laters!

Cooking indeed is addictive :P Looking forward to the great stuff you're coming up with ;)

Still have BT working bad((((( back to 23563_UltraLite

Do you mean BT audio?

Hi. I'm using the UltraLite rom 23129 build. It's fine, but a problem was encountered:

When I install the modded top bar, the zoomed bar with big icons left untouched, with weird original icons.

This problem is on OCK's rom only, the others are problem free.

Please, tell me what to do. IMHO, the problem is hiding in the shellres.96.dll - the top bar dll... Thx in advance.

It seems it is, can you post a link to the cab file you're using? I'll take a look inside it. Also, have you installed sdkcerts just to make sure?

===========

Btw, here's a preview of the upcoming GTX version, would be ready some time end Sept. It would be my last rom for the i900 before I embark on my studies, hope it'll be as successful as GTX 23118 :D

ScreenShot13.Png

Guest neilpiaro
Btw, here's a preview of the upcoming GTX version, would be ready some time end Sept. It would be my last rom for the i900 before I embark on my studies, hope it'll be as successful as GTX 23118 :D

ScreenShot13.Png

Looks awesome.Waiting impatiently

Guest KingRoRo

Gr8 work OCK ... ur ROM'S r very powerful ... I've installed the Titanium premium Build 23129 ... It's working fine, stable, and fast .

But I missed Titanium Weather in all of your Titanium ROMs ...and have to install it manually everytime... wish u to integrate it in ur next future Titanium ROMs

Thanks again for ur effort :D

P.S:

Is there anyway to get fullscreen weather background for the sliding lockscreen? its work on the Today screen.

Edited by KingRoRo

Guest pilot2k

Yes, I mean BT Audio with my car headset.... BT turns off at all when I disconnect my headset, and it works unstable. Thank you for your hard work!

Guest Heintraag

ScreenShot13.Png

Looking forward to the new GTX rom. Stil using 23118 as this one sports a keyboard that does work out of the box with gmaps. Thanks for creating these masterpieces ock! And the energy consumption is also amazing. Three full days now with regular phonecalls and internet usage before the battery is drained :D

Guest andrew.mazlim

ScreenShot13.Png

OCK, bro, how this GTX theme works with backlight issues? Are these GTX themes BETTER than the dark ones, we're still using?

(Don't have problem in London, but I was in Italy for vecations and I coundn't see a bloody thing with the sunshine! I'm wondering what I would see, if I was in Greek bright-light islands!!!)

Btw... GOOD TO HEAR Shokka9 is back here, even if he's not cooking yet.

@Shokka9: You bought HTC Desire, right? And now iPhone 4? My mate has iPhone 4 & HTC HD2 and he told me, HD2 is way better than iPhone 4! Since you played with HTCs, why don't you give a try to HD2 (although, the HD3 is coming soon!!!)?

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest 2bricks

Hi OCK, first time I'm using your ROM (Premium 23129) - awsome how you pack so much in!

BT fix doesn't seem to work properly - can't connect headset to Voice Dialer (Cyberon) directly with click on headset. I was able to when using Sector/Khuanchai ROMs.

BT works perfectly otherwise.

I'm using this workaround but would obviously like a 'perfect' ROM!!

Look forward to your comments....

Edited by 2bricks

Guest shokka9

@ andrew.mazlim

The iPhone as standard (NON Jailbroken) is a good device, fast, stable, some nice apps etc. But its no WinMo phone.

So out the box, i would prefer the HD2. But the iPhone has better screen, better camera, better capabilities.

My Jail Broken iPhone is cool, fully customisable, any app i want (installous :D), very quick etc....I like them both, but i would take iPhone out of most phones on the market right now!!

Closest device to iPhone is Samsung Galaxy S (but build quality is an issue).

Take care......Android is better than iOS & WinMo....but it needs to become a little like iOS too.

Laters

:D

Ock some other ideas for your upcoming GTX ROM:

What about removing Omnialite Phonebook, call log and contacts, and left the wm original ones.

And can you include the data manager from omnialite, the one that can found wifi hotspot graphically, like a radar, and the bluetooth one, of course if they can work on the ROM without conflicts with M2D.

Reason: I think must of us install some other apps like Spam alert or iContact , so having 3 apps for the same its a waste. We can save some space if you left only the wm version. However, everybody can install from a cab the omnialite apps, What do you think?

Just an idea, not a request.

See ya!

@ andrew.mazlim

The iPhone as standard (NON Jailbroken) is a good device, fast, stable, some nice apps etc. But its no WinMo phone.

So out the box, i would prefer the HD2. But the iPhone has better screen, better camera, better capabilities.

My Jail Broken iPhone is cool, fully customisable, any app i want (installous :D), very quick etc....I like them both, but i would take iPhone out of most phones on the market right now!!

Closest device to iPhone is Samsung Galaxy S (but build quality is an issue).

Take care......Android is better than iOS & WinMo....but it needs to become a little like iOS too.

Laters

:D

What about the upcoming HTC ACE aka HTC Desire HD?

it seems will be awesome, with a 4.3 screen, like an GSM Evo

Guest SorrowWind
It seems it is, can you post a link to the cab file you're using? I'll take a look inside it. Also, have you installed sdkcerts just to make sure?

The problem is solved))

I've extracted the top bar cab and 've found out that shellres and other dlls have .0419.mui endings. And in the Windows directory there were the same files with 0409.mui. There's a dependance tween mui and language of rom - 0419 was for russian roms, and 0409 for english. So simple renaming and pasting into windows solved the problem.

Thanx for the "cab idea" and big thanx for such cool rom. The best and fastest rom I've seen) Respect and GL in creating new stuff! :D

Guest MimomaN

is it possible to make the GTX version with dark theme ?

or even download and rom it and then use dark theme ?

the rom will fit the rom perfectly then ?

Guest dleeming

Hi Ock,

I am using Titanium premium Build 23129.

Very pleased with the ROM only lost 10 - 20% of Battery power overnight - amazing

I added TitaniumWeather, comm manager(CComm) and clauncher (found it much better than CHomeFavs, to add other applications) to the Titanium.

I had tried Smart Lock - but found that it freezes sometimes when I want to unlock it.

Appart from that great work.

Guest yoyo_77
Hi Ock,

I am using Titanium premium Build 23129.

Very pleased with the ROM only lost 10 - 20% of Battery power overnight - amazing

I added TitaniumWeather, comm manager(CComm) and clauncher (found it much better than CHomeFavs, to add other applications) to the Titanium.

I had tried Smart Lock - but found that it freezes sometimes when I want to unlock it.

Appart from that great work.

I use this version also.

I added Titanium Fullscreen Weather and other applications.

but I have not seen it sometimes hangs when I want to unlock

Ock thank you very much for this excellent work :D

Edited by yoyo_77

Guest darkside80

ScreenShot13.Png

Guest thechemistree

Ock, aside from my auto time update problem, i want to ask you something.

Is it possible for you to add other region in the setting such as egypt, UAE, malaysia, etc which is not there?

Guest melburnian

@OCK!!! Buddy... You are absolutely brilliant!! The new one is fantastic though I must admit that 23118 is going to be tough to beat! :-) Going follow to trying it out

@Shokka

The master is back! It is awesome to hear from you again but iPhone4??? :D

Looks very nice. I would rather see navigational button than music on today screen but I think this could be configured later?

Indeed it can be changed :D

Gr8 work OCK ... ur ROM'S r very powerful ... I've installed the Titanium premium Build 23129 ... It's working fine, stable, and fast .

But I missed Titanium Weather in all of your Titanium ROMs ...and have to install it manually everytime... wish u to integrate it in ur next future Titanium ROMs

Thanks again for ur effort ;)

P.S:

Is there anyway to get fullscreen weather background for the sliding lockscreen? its work on the Today screen.

If you mean S2U2 I've seen some threads on this, but I've not really tried it.

Yes, I mean BT Audio with my car headset.... BT turns off at all when I disconnect my headset, and it works unstable. Thank you for your hard work!

I've tried replacing the BT drivers but it seems there's still a problem, I don't have a BT set to test it out unfortunately. Some here report that installing SRSWOW fixes it, while in 23563 UL I removed it. It's quite confusing, can't work it out :D

OCK, bro, how this GTX theme works with backlight issues? Are these GTX themes BETTER than the dark ones, we're still using?

(Don't have problem in London, but I was in Italy for vecations and I coundn't see a bloody thing with the sunshine! I'm wondering what I would see, if I was in Greek bright-light islands!!!)

Btw... GOOD TO HEAR Shokka9 is back here, even if he's not cooking yet.

@Shokka9: You bought HTC Desire, right? And now iPhone 4? My mate has iPhone 4 & HTC HD2 and he told me, HD2 is way better than iPhone 4! Since you played with HTCs, why don't you give a try to HD2 (although, the HD3 is coming soon!!!)?

I'm adding S2U2 to the GTX version, it should improve visibility when unlocking. As GTX themes uses white and balck mostly, I suppose it may improve the contrast slightly.

Hi OCK, first time I'm using your ROM (Premium 23129) - awsome how you pack so much in!

BT fix doesn't seem to work properly - can't connect headset to Voice Dialer (Cyberon) directly with click on headset. I was able to when using Sector/Khuanchai ROMs.

BT works perfectly otherwise.

I'm using this workaround but would obviously like a 'perfect' ROM!!

Look forward to your comments....

Google brought up a few links but I wasn't able to verify if they work:

cyberon voice speed dialer (post 6)

Help Cyberon Voice Speed Dial (post 7)

Ock some other ideas for your upcoming GTX ROM:

What about removing Omnialite Phonebook, call log and contacts, and left the wm original ones.

And can you include the data manager from omnialite, the one that can found wifi hotspot graphically, like a radar, and the bluetooth one, of course if they can work on the ROM without conflicts with M2D.

Reason: I think must of us install some other apps like Spam alert or iContact , so having 3 apps for the same its a waste. We can save some space if you left only the wm version. However, everybody can install from a cab the omnialite apps, What do you think?

Just an idea, not a request.

See ya!

The data manager takes up quite a bit of space, and I believe it uses flash too.

I'm planning a Lite version of GTX so I may take some of your suggestions :D

LZ,can make a rom which is alike android? :D

Choice of UI was what I was considering, any (free) suggestions? Can't promise I've time to work on it though.

is it possible to make the GTX version with dark theme ?

or even download and rom it and then use dark theme ?

the rom will fit the rom perfectly then ?

Thought of a "dark GTX" version with the colours inverted but don't have time to redo all the graphics. Maybe someone wants to take up the challenge?

Looks nice :D.

End September? So late? :P(

Including the android taskbar would be a great idea :D

Ooops... I meant End Aug/Early Sept ;)

May I ask which taskbar are you using? Dark Ninja made a lot of cabs but I wasn't able to find the one with the large drop-down icons.

Ock, aside from my auto time update problem, i want to ask you something.

Is it possible for you to add other region in the setting such as egypt, UAE, malaysia, etc which is not there?

May not be possible, I understand that they affect mostly things like currency, date format etc.

Looking forward to the new GTX rom. Stil using 23118 as this one sports a keyboard that does work out of the box with gmaps. Thanks for creating these masterpieces ock! And the energy consumption is also amazing. Three full days now with regular phonecalls and internet usage before the battery is drained ;)

@OCK!!! Buddy... You are absolutely brilliant!! The new one is fantastic though I must admit that 23118 is going to be tough to beat! :-) Going follow to trying it out

@Shokka

The master is back! It is awesome to hear from you again but iPhone4??? :(

Heintraag's comments made me rethink cooking GTX 23129, as I've not noticed much changes between them. Maybe I won't try to beat 23118? :D I'm now testing 23118 with the new GTX stuff/ keyboard

Guest Hammad16

Hello Ock.

I have used almost all the builds of your ROMs in last 4 to 5 months or so and infact they are all great :D

I have just one query about the M2D Stuff. Can you give me a link to a better clock rather than just the white huge clock. I have seen some Black Transparent clocks in some ROMs but havent been able to get the Cab. Any idea where do i get that ? :D

Thanks

Guest dimera

+1 for not including the lite phonebook and call log in the new GTX

+1 for using a known, stable and tested by many users build like 23118 for the new GTX ROM :D