OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

OCK, just to add.

No, I am using M2D version. (currently the latest version 23529) and previously 25001 and previously the previous m2d version ;)

And what about the issue I asked in Post #911 ? (about weather).

And one more thing I should mention.

Any program that I open will cause M2D to get closed. (by any I mean even program chooser inside M2D!) and programs usually get closed very fast. and I cant have 2 programs open at a time. This is quite terrible cause I cant use for example a media player like s2p for a while as it gets closed. This rom has much ram, but I hate it when applications get closed for no reason. (I'm 100% sure that when it closes a program I have at least 30% ram available!! and if its not gonna use it, why the ram is there?!) Is there any fix Ock?

Thank you so much for all the efforts... Cooking rom is hard, and tweaking it is harder.... hope there be a chance you can fix the bugs I mentioned. cheers

Guest dayspring2099us
New build! Titanium and UL coming soon... Maybe not tonight though.

Build 23529

Changelog:

- FIXED: 3G icon

- FIXED: Problems running Java programs

- ADDED: ADC back in, hope it solves operator/connection issues

- ADDED: kept Classic Blue theme

- CHANGED: Lockscreen now uses your custom wallpaper

M2D3.png

06 Feb 2010

Download: Mediafire (84.6MB)

Free storage: 122 MB

Free memory: 56 MB

M2D_23529_1.PngM2D_23529_2.PngM2D_23529_3.Png

M2D_23529_4.PngM2D_23529_5.PngM2D_23529_6.Png

Hi Ock, nice rom though. will you share your m2D3 oem files and the start icon menu?? it seems very promising

Guest Raheel Anjum

Greetings!

Using your latest 23529 M2D ROM for almost 10 hours and found it very very impressive. Here are my observations about this ROM:

1. The ROM instalation was very very easy. XDA_UC worked perfectly and program installed to device and external memorey with out any problem.

2. Initial boot screen and sound changes are very pleasing and professional.

3. Screen calibaration after ROM flash is disabled which is very nice. Calibration after system boot was ok in first attempt.

4. The touch response is amazing. I have used your two other ROM's and comparing with P_Dhee's ROM, I was of the view that your ROM's lack a bit on this but this ROM has surprised me. It is second to none. Full marks to you master OCK. :D

5. Overall beauty of the ROM particulary Icons selection is the best that I have seen so far. Full credit to you for this.

6. The ROM is super fast. Tested two times after installation different programs and I got SKtool score 295 and 305, which is very impressive.

7. WiFI worked fine and Weather on 1st screen as well as on Weather tab updated on 1st attempt.

8. GPS locked to satellite in less than a minute, but comparing it with your previous build 25001 M2D, it was a disappointment. In 25001 GPS locked in less than 15 seconds.

9. Checking through Fav Hacking, I found that "File system filter Cach" is set to option disabled instead of recomended setting of 4096K. I am not sure what it is and where is it used for. But I have seen in other ROMs that it is set to default settings. I changed it to default settings but could not find any noticeable difference. Please confirm what are the correct settings?

10. Every thing was very very smooth and I was very happy and then .....................after a few hours of use,I noticed that phone has gone to sleep and is not waking up, the only option to alive it was to reset it. I started to observe and found it to be ok. But now while coming to office and Garmin running, it again went to sleep? :D :(

11. Just noted another small bug, when I press the date (above calender) in home screen instead of date, alarm setting screen, a pops up message is displayed "No program memorey available, Tap Start>Settings>System........and make sure that no programs are running". Update: I have sofreset my phone and now this message is not appearing ;) .

12. One basic thing that I find missing in you ROM is the ability to lock screen during call. Can you suggest some program for this. I do not want to use S2U2. Once I had used smartlock for this purpose but it was not working in later builds.

Overall it is an excellent effort. If the problem of random sleep bug is fixed, it is highly recommended for every one.

Raheel

Edited by Raheel Anjum

ChefHat.jpg  Welcome to my i900 kitchen!  :D

I've been following the discussions here on Modaco, and have been reading up various sources on how to cook up a custom rom. After gathering some of the wisdom and knowledge from other helpful rom chefs, I'm happy to present my roms for the i900 Omnia.Please take the time to read my second post, where you can find solutions to common problems you may encounter, such as problems with NoData, M2D Home Weather, Wifi etc.  

B)  New Roms for the New Year  :D

Build 23529

Changelog:

- FIXED: 3G icon

- FIXED: Problems running Java programs

- REMOVED: "None" and "Curtain" Rotation animations, was not working in my test build.

- ADDED: ADC back in, hope it solves operator/connection issues

- ADDED: kept Classic Blue theme

- CHANGED: Lockscreen now uses your custom wallpaper (Edit: Or maybe not... ;) Working on fix)

M2D3.png

06 Feb 2010

Download: Mediafire (84.6MB)

Free storage: 122 MB

Free memory: 56 MB

M2D_23529_1.PngM2D_23529_2.PngM2D_23529_3.Png

M2D_23529_4.PngM2D_23529_5.PngM2D_23529_6.Png

Build 28223

ul3.png

Download: Mediafire (52.9 MB)

Free storage: 168 MB

Free memory: 63 MB

Build 25001

Changelog:

- ADDED: (Not in UL) New rotation animation options: "Curtains" and "None" (for swift rotation). Tks zemrwhite2! :D

- ADDED: SMS skin by yxyn

- ADDED: Option to manually install Cab files during autorun (Put them into SD subfolder in XDA_UC folder). Tks to Kampos for the suggestion.

- ADDED: Office 2010 (Not in UL)

- ADDED: Option to customise startup/ shutdown sounds (Put Poweroff.wav and Poweron.wav into your XDA_UC folder)

- ADDED: PIMBkup for easy backup before re-flashing (M2D only)

- ADDED: Torch button + icon (M2D only)

- ADDED: Color battery icon

- CHANGED: Replaced some default tones with more subtle ones

- CHANGED: Slight changes to lockscreen

- CHANGED: Slight improvements to touch/scrolling

- CHANGED: Some graphical interface changes

- FIXED: Issue with missing back button in some themes

- FIXED: Issues with loading themes and adding exceptions in S2U2 (tested with v2.30)

M2D3.png

02 Feb 2010

Download: Mediafire (82.6MB)

Free storage: 127 MB

Free memory: 57 MB

M2D25001.png

titanium3.png

02 Feb 2010

Download: Mediafire (62.4 MB)

Free storage: 153 MB

Free memory: 64 MB

Titaniumclassic25001.png

Ingredients:

FTouchSL for smooth scrolling

eNatives Showcase (close apps by tapping on x, hold to minimize)

HTC Calculator

SRS WOW HD

FM Radio from OmniaLite (thanks sector)

Pako777's Camera

Volume Control from OmniaLite

MySoftReset

XDA_UC + Autorun

Not on the menu today:

Most Samsung apps, except camera and radio

Input Keyboards (try the free FingerKeyboard or original Samsung keybd)

Extra Themes

Extra ringtones and sample sounds

MSTag

Windows Widgets

Transcriber

Games

MarketPlace

Google Maps (Included only in M2D version)

Google Launcher

Opera (Install latest betas by cab :D )

Modified:

Boot screens and sounds

Smaller font sizes

Disabled dialer skin

Amarullz's & robcodemax's Black/Blue Theme

Pako777's battery icons

Start Menu icon tweaks

Big THANKS to all who donated!

Thanks for all your support :D

• Chandan
  • Sapunkov
  • netutopic
  • amb123

And all who have encouraged me with you kind words :(

CREDITS:

Recipe providers:

PaSSoA

Shokka

Pots and pans and other tools from:

bepe - Platform Rebuilder

Jason8/ Racer7 -CAB Converter tool

pako777 - I900 EXECUTOR, camera fix and battery icons

sztupy - SYAKR Tool and Favorite Hackings

Vistang - wonderful Visual Kitchen

Ingredients by:

Da_G, DFT, Monkeybape- New rom builds

rtomakov, waremike32 - Advice and Rom build re-uploads

amarullz - Fantastic Black Windows Theme

Omar Junior, Zubnik, Weirdo - wonderful M2D skins

KhuanChai - Amazing roms, and BTAR fix

Liads - Great work on BT fix

Stevenh - Fixed wakeup problem in BTAR

Paul - for modaco.com and NoData, and fantastic support for us chefs

Sector - Amazing porting work and roms

Not forgetting...

All rom chefs (Ryrzy, Nick, Mr Hammer etc) for their hard work, advice and inspiration.

A special shout-out to fellow new chefs cruddasj, MAMBO04, Bruno Adler, DelBossco, steff195. I didn't have time to try out your roms, but can see from the screenshots that you guys are doing a wonderful job. Keep it up and hope to see more cool stuff!

Hi there,

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR ROMS, THEY LOOK AND FEEL GREAT AND RUN SO SMOOTHLY!!! THERE IS ONLY ONE THING I NEED HELP WITH, WHENEVER TEXTING IN THIS ROM, THE KEYBOARD COVERS THE ACTUAL PART WHERE YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE TYPING, IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO DEVELOPE MAYBE SOME ALTERNATE kEYBOARDS AND POSSIBLY MOVE THE ACTUAL WINDOW THAT SHOWS WHAT YOU HAVE TYPED ABOVE THE KEYBOARD LIKE THE STOCK ROM?

Thanks

Zane

p.s. once this particular issue is resolved i think this rom is pretty much perfect! :D

Guest kevin2210

i usually get sms delivery report even this feature is off, anybody tell me how to fix it, 25001 and 23529..

Edited by kevin2210

Hi guys,

OCK, thanks for the cab man. Now "all people" opens phonebook instead of contacts, which is great. I noticed two things:

1. Scrolling issue of "phonebook" in 23515 M2D, practically nonexistent anymore (if I open it in "people" tab). It is not like before when one swipe rolled entire list of contacts from the beginning to the end; it is very reasonable now.

However if I open it from the program list scrolling is too fast as it was. I don't know how to explain this behavior.

2. For those of you guys who like "manila birthday". As soon as I installed the cab, the program integrated itself into phonebook under "category" tab, which is very convenient.

Guest Raheel Anjum
i usually get sms delivery report even this feature is off, anybody tell me how to fix it, 25001 and 23529..

Run Fav hacking and go to Messages and see the statu of SMS delievery Notification. If it is on turn it off.

Guest evanstchen

Hi Ock!

Just switched from a very old but stable build of Master KhuanChai's to your current 23529 M2Dv2 build.

Looks good but still trying it out...

Quick feedback.... Noticed that the All Pgm button of the Pgm tab seems abit short...

As if optimised for QVGA instead of QWVGA of Omnia?

Appreciate your efforts put into bug fixing the rom....

A good rom is great in itself... but its the continual post implementation support & improvement that makes me have to come out n say WOW! ;)

OCK, just to add.

No, I am using M2D version. (currently the latest version 23529) and previously 25001 and previously the previous m2d version ;)

And one more thing I should mention.

Any program that I open will cause M2D to get closed. (by any I mean even program chooser inside M2D!) and programs usually get closed very fast. and I cant have 2 programs open at a time. This is quite terrible cause I cant use for example a media player like s2p for a while as it gets closed. This rom has much ram, but I hate it when applications get closed for no reason. (I'm 100% sure that when it closes a program I have at least 30% ram available!! and if its not gonna use it, why the ram is there?!) Is there any fix Ock?

Thank you so much for all the efforts... Cooking rom is hard, and tweaking it is harder.... hope there be a chance you can fix the bugs I mentioned. cheers

Try this http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...pdate-22-01-10/. It is not going to resolve M2D standby situation completely but it does make standby time much shorter. Also you can edit registry as it described in that post. You might see a gradual decrease in your battery life and some bugs. From my experience, after installation of the cab lisbian taskbar does not work anymore. Could be something else, who knows.

Guest blackmondy

Hi,

I'm trying to flash my Omnia with your rom (all flavors) but kept getting stuck at 0%.

What's the reason for that ?

Specs:

WinXP sp2 under VMware Fusion on OS 10.6.

Omnia firmware: i900DXIA5/DZIA5 (PDA)

i900DXIA2 (PHONE)

Regards,

Melvin

Guest new2city

Hi Ock,

I am still on your previous Ultralite and this is most probably my last ROM before I pass my omnia to my sister, it is a great, fast and stable ROM. However, I am itching to try your latest ultralite but then I found this quote

ADDED: (Not in UL) New rotation animation options: "Curtains" and "None" (for swift rotation).

Any reason why is this not included? Too big? Can I add it through a cab, I was really looking forward to rotation with NO animation...

regards,

Eugene

OCK, u still the greatest chef here.hehe

waiting for your new release of titanium classic with that special theme~~

Hope able to have it before chinese new year~haha

GONG XI FA CAI~~

Final testing in progress, I'm fixing some of the bugs reported, and hope to post a link within the next few hrs. Happy Lunar New Year to you too(though still quite early :D )

I'm not aware that you can update the home weather without the HTC location stuff, cos I've the impression that this and the weather tab are use slightly different settings.

Greetings!

Using your latest 23529 M2D ROM for almost 10 hours and found it very very impressive. Here are my observations about this ROM:

9. Checking through Fav Hacking, I found that "File system filter Cach" is set to option disabled instead of recomended setting of 4096K. I am not sure what it is and where is it used for. But I have seen in other ROMs that it is set to default settings. I changed it to default settings but could not find any noticeable difference. Please confirm what are the correct settings?

10. Every thing was very very smooth and I was very happy and then .....................after a few hours of use,I noticed that phone has gone to sleep and is not waking up, the only option to alive it was to reset it. I started to observe and found it to be ok. But now while coming to office and Garmin running, it again went to sleep? ;) :D

12. One basic thing that I find missing in you ROM is the ability to lock screen during call. Can you suggest some program for this. I do not want to use S2U2. Once I had used smartlock for this purpose but it was not working in later builds.

Overall it is an excellent effort. If the problem of random sleep bug is fixed, it is highly recommended for every one.

Raheel

9. I removed it because I suspect that it causes the time to reset to 2008 for the first 2 resets. You can enable it in FavHackings though.

10. This has been reported, any recollection what programs you were running? Was wifi on?

12. I think the latest version of smartlock needs some tweaking for it to work properly. Do a search for it, I believe AnnPhe posted something on it. (Do share here if you find it)

Hi there,

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR ROMS, THEY LOOK AND FEEL GREAT AND RUN SO SMOOTHLY!!! THERE IS ONLY ONE THING I NEED HELP WITH, WHENEVER TEXTING IN THIS ROM, THE KEYBOARD COVERS THE ACTUAL PART WHERE YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE TYPING, IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO DEVELOPE MAYBE SOME ALTERNATE kEYBOARDS AND POSSIBLY MOVE THE ACTUAL WINDOW THAT SHOWS WHAT YOU HAVE TYPED ABOVE THE KEYBOARD LIKE THE STOCK ROM?

Thanks

Zane

p.s. once this particular issue is resolved i think this rom is pretty much perfect! :(

Are you using 23529M2D?

why dxia5 ?

I rebuilt my OEM base to try to fix some issues with keybds, and decided to get the OEM from the last official rom.

Hi OCK

I like your ROM very much, as omnia 1 said the home screen of touchflo is not changing if you change the background

great effort

Pls see my previous reply. :D

HI OCK,

how do i get the operator settings to work?

i cant use the gprs...

Thanks.

Anyone has this issue? I don't use GPRS and thus I'm not that sure on this. :(

Hi Ock!

Just switched from a very old but stable build of Master KhuanChai's to your current 23529 M2Dv2 build.

Looks good but still trying it out...

Quick feedback.... Noticed that the All Pgm button of the Pgm tab seems abit short...

As if optimised for QVGA instead of QWVGA of Omnia?

Appreciate your efforts put into bug fixing the rom....

A good rom is great in itself... but its the continual post implementation support & improvement that makes me have to come out n say WOW! :D

Yup, it's ported from the HTC Touch2 (QVGA), that's why it appears cut off.

Hi,

I'm trying to flash my Omnia with your rom (all flavors) but kept getting stuck at 0%.

What's the reason for that ?

Specs:

WinXP sp2 under VMware Fusion on OS 10.6.

Omnia firmware: i900DXIA5/DZIA5 (PDA)

i900DXIA2 (PHONE)

Regards,

Melvin

Have you tried charging your battery?

camera cannot read this file

when i want to record vedio normal or slow

please help

?????????????????????????

Noted and thanks. It's driving me mad... cause the next release is delayed by this bug. ;)

Hi Ock,

I am still on your previous Ultralite and this is most probably my last ROM before I pass my omnia to my sister, it is a great, fast and stable ROM. However, I am itching to try your latest ultralite but then I found this quote

ADDED: (Not in UL) New rotation animation options: "Curtains" and "None" (for swift rotation).

Any reason why is this not included? Too big? Can I add it through a cab, I was really looking forward to rotation with NO animation...

regards,

Eugene

I suspected it may cause some freezes and thus removed it. It'll be an option in my future roms.

Btw, you've bought a new phone?

HI OCK,

i cant use the gprs...

Thanks.

Hi, i suppose u r using titanium build. The ADC was left out during cooking and that must be the reason we can't get operator setting works(Thats what Master OCK mentioned). Besides that titanium was amazing with new lock, sms skin, rotation animation "none"(freeze during changes, i mean if u want to choose some other animation) etc. catchy icons very nice looking, nice battery bla bla. i'm just waiting for ur special classic rom but seems u wanna get the best out of it to give it the perfection which we appreciate more than anything. so thats it, can't wait for the upcoming edition as i don't like to use m2d. take care ock. u r the best right now..

Guest UbiMaiden
HI OCK,

i cant use the gprs...

Thanks.

What i did is switch sim card to another operator and then back. Every new build i try has this problem.

Guest Muncheno

Me too have GPRS problem. I do not have any GPRS problem like this in other ROM before. This problem is first for me after 2X times testing new ROM.

Currently I m using OCK M2D 23529. No problem with previous M2D version.

I have tried install ADC.cab and also try re-flash it. Both also not working.

On the first boot up, it detect MAXIS (Malaysia) and ask to download operator setting. It seem it failed during the download but without any popup.

I guess I have to give up on this firmware. I might go back to previous version.

Anyone has this issue? I don't use GPRS and thus I'm not that sure on this. :(

Noted and thanks. It's driving me mad... cause the next release is delayed by this bug. ;)

I suspected it may cause some freezes and thus removed it. It'll be an option in my future roms.

thanks OCK for ur hard work.

Hope u able to the solution for those probem. have ur time and have good rest ya

I tried on titanium ROm abt video recording but it seeem fine for me, mayb i just lucky. :D

Guest blackmondy

Hi,

Battery is definitely fully charged.

Or must I click on the check-box next to "Format Device's Internal Large Hard Disk" ?

Is the image downloaded to the internal storage or to the SD card ?

Cheers !

Guest acmjiffry
Anyone has this issue? I don't use GPRS and thus I'm not that sure on this. :D

QUOTE(aaak2000 @ Feb 7 2010, 18:00)

HI OCK,

i cant use the gprs...

Thanks.

Anyone has this issue? I don't use GPRS and thus I'm not that sure on this.

Hi OCK ..

me too facing the same issue with GPRS....

have a nice day...thanks your effort ..

because after 2days i bought i900 omnia .. i was disapointed with it but ..

i got new life for my omnia i900

tanx

Edited by acmjiffry