OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest Daniel Gava
I used to get the same battery performance on my omnia too...

When you say "I used to get the same battery performance on my omnia too..." you mean now its different.

How is it now and why?

Guest Toldo

OK, I managed the update by 3g to work by changing the operator settings for a while a changing back to my network. Now I have a different question, there is an option in S2U2 to display current weather, I set it up, choose TouchFlo2D as base for weather and in lockscreen there is only temperature displayed in lower left corner below the slider... I thought it will display the icon of current weather..

Guest Daniel Gava

OCK, can you take a look at this? http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...shing-tutorial/ posts 2 and 3

Here in Brazil we have a tremendous problem with this operator - TIM, on every flashing procedure. We have to choose "Philippines" and do a lot of stuff to configure the phone without putting it in a eternal restarting looping.

If you put in the Roms the attached file, would it solve our problems? Or should it be in blank? (This one comes with Tim Connections inscribed) I got it in the same topic of the link above.

Hope I made the issue clear.

Thanks.

ImeiBrazil.zip

Edited by Daniel Gava

Guest steven107

ock, why you don't cook rom 6.1 for i900 .i think rom 6.1 of your talent will the perfect rom if you do that. i like your style.

i hope you think .

Guest kennethchia
ock, why you don't cook rom 6.1 for i900 .i think rom 6.1 of your talent will the perfect rom if you do that. i like your style.

i hope you think .

+1 6.1 ultralite and 6.1 M2Dv2 ,M2Dclassic... :(

Guest Sirenobie

Hi everyone!

Need to tap into the collective wisdom of the group. The touch screen on my i900 has disabled and I can't seem to fix it. :( Here is what happened...

I flashed to OCK's UL 23563 ROM. Everything went fine after the flash. I reinstalled my data to the fresh ROM. I was able to use the touch screen, etc..

Here is where the problem started. I left the device over night and when I went to use it this morning, the touch screen was no longer working. I can use the optical pad to do basic movements from one icon to another, etc. The physical buttons all work. But the touch screen will not respond to any input?????

If I do a hard reset and then reload my personal data, the touch screen works fine for a awhile. Then it becomes disabled again.

I suspect it has something to do with the WM6.5 lock screen, but maybe I am wrong on this. Can any one give me some advice or help on this issues?

thanks!

Guest bigfoune
Hi everyone!

Need to tap into the collective wisdom of the group. The touch screen on my i900 has disabled and I can't seem to fix it. :( Here is what happened...

I flashed to OCK's UL 23563 ROM. Everything went fine after the flash. I reinstalled my data to the fresh ROM. I was able to use the touch screen, etc..

Here is where the problem started. I left the device over night and when I went to use it this morning, the touch screen was no longer working. I can use the optical pad to do basic movements from one icon to another, etc. The physical buttons all work. But the touch screen will not respond to any input?????

If I do a hard reset and then reload my personal data, the touch screen works fine for a awhile. Then it becomes disabled again.

I suspect it has something to do with the WM6.5 lock screen, but maybe I am wrong on this. Can any one give me some advice or help on this issues?

thanks!

flash with another rom and reflash the ock's rom

Guest Daniel Gava
Hi everyone!

thanks!

Maybe your data backup includes some registry stuff, that is inconpatible with this Rom. I read somewhere that you cannot use registry backup between different Roms. It only works to HardReset the same Rom from where it came.

Try to restore only contacts and messages info and see if it works...

Edited by Daniel Gava

Hi OCK

Thinking of trying your M2Dv2 instead of Premium to see if touch response would be better. Before I do that, need to know if I can replace Omnia Lite Calendar with ThumbCal? Tried Ryrzy's M2D ROM & hitting Calendar on Homescreen kept bringing me to Touch Calendar even though I'd made Thumbcal my default calendar, that's why I gave up on that ROM.

BTW, I managed to find SingTel's GPRS settings after long search & set up my new connection manually, so that problem's been solved :o

M2D runs calendar.exe in the Windows folder, so replacing that with the renamed thumbcal exe may work

hi ock how can i remove s2u2 from the gtx rom? can't find it under remove programms and also want to delete from the tools

You can delete its shortcut from \windows\startup so that it doesn't start.

Hi All,

It seem i have problem with my Omnia bluetooth. It seem it cant detect my bluetooth device.

In my Omnia,

I already on BlueTooth,

Go to Mode - Ticked on Turn on BlueTooth and Make this device visible to other devices

Go to COMPorts - Empty

Go to Sim Access - Ticked on Allow SIM Access

Go to FTP - Ticked Able to write

Go to Smart Pairing - Ticked Enable smart pairing

Turn on my bluetooth headset.

Go to Device - Tab in Add new device

It goes Searching for Bluetooth Devices

Return No Device Found.

Tried few times but still not able to detect my headset.

I tried to check whether is my bluetooth is spoilt. So i asked my brother to on his HP's bluetooth.

i was able to detect his HP.

As after i check on previous post. They recommend to install SRS WOW to solve the BT problem. But i check on my Omnia GTX Rom is already installed SRS WOW 1.5.1.0.

So is there anyone can help me with this? Is that my Omnia need to do some other setting? or unblock some firewall?

I'm using OCK's GTX Rom

There's a BT wizard in the Comm manager but I've not tried it out personally, maybe you can give it a try.

Great ROM ock, thanks

Ock can you make premium rom with full dinik's Icon please? Like tab and another icon? I'm really like dinik's icons. Thanks

I prefer the originals as they would look consistent with any new programs you install. You can easily backup and restore icon settings once you customise using JWMD Icon changer though.

Hi OCK..

you are a great chef man :o !!been trying your titanium classic right now..

just have a few question..,

my first question is about ur ultra lite rom,

what had you removed from your ultralite edition??any screen shot anyone??and can i get a honeycomb menu in any of ur rom??

and my second question is,not really a question,just sumting that keep bothering me while using the titanium rom B) ,

first,i have about 14++ sms in my inbox,and it took me quite ages to open my inbox,are my inbox crowded enough??

and when i want to reply any sms,sumtime,the middle button (which is the keyboard button),it is not there,just a black blank hole :( ,and it took me quite ages to get it out,and while waiting for it to pop out,my omnia run soo slow,i cant even type a thing..the only thing that i can do,is either wait for the button to pop out and then i start to type my msg,or just reset the device :( ..

See my first post to a link to the PDF on the various versions.

Think there's a honeycomb menu cab in Sector's thread somewhere, as for the keyboard button, have you installed any keyboard?

copy the arabic font? i dont actually get it.. where can i find this font? is it the same font as in windows xp,vista or 7?

and will the font read the text from right to left?

Forgot that the orientation may be different, I've not come across arabic language in WM and thus can't answer this qn. Some additional files may be required but I don't have the expertise to add them in and check them.

Hi Ock,

Is it possible to manually update Google maps? Do i reinstall into windows directory? I am using 563 premium version.

Thanks!

Yup, you should be able to download and install GoogleMaps via cab.

I flashed new OCK TitaniumClassic ROM, installed SPB 3.5.4. and restore all my contatcs(300 contacts) and messager (8000 SMS) and now I have MAJOR LAGS. The first time I flsahed was even worse. Now it is pretty ok, but opening messages is disaster. I must wait about 10 S to open SMS thread... What to do? TNX

I have

PDA: i900DXID1

PHONE: i900DXIF1

Is this ok.

Before that I had DXIA5 from Taril (last taril ROM) with spb and all contacts and messags with lots of programs.

Now most of the programs are not needed cos this rom is cool, but It is VERY VERY LAGY, help

I did use MASTER RESERT - main storage

Tnx

8000 SMSs is quite a collection :D I suppose it would take a great deal of time sorting them, which explains the delay. Messaging slowdowns is one of the bigger issues in WM imho. Disabling threaded messaging using FavHacks may alleviate the problem slightly.

hello, i have a little problem with the latest premium rom in m2d when i select music tab windows media player starts with an error and i want to use nitrogen as default player

Don't think you can use Nitrogen player, but you can install HTC Audio Manager from my 2nd post.

Hi all,

I installed latest Titanium version and it's amazing.

I've got only a strange problem: it concerns Cmyphotos: if I tap on it to open a photo it says: "The file xxxx cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found..."

Why does it happen? How can I solve it?

Thx very much in advance

Seems there're some missing files, make sure you've not missed out any cabs when installing your Titanium plugin

I figure out that my contact ringtones are not working?

Any ideas? tnx

Haven't played with custom ringtones, anyone got this working?

This cab seams a bit damaged, all keyboards isn't skinned (phonepad remains unchanged)

It's not really damaged, I suppose the original creator, Escobol, uses the QWERTY keybd mostly. :o

Still my favourite SS Keybd skin btw.

Hi OCk.

I found a little bug in your ROM lately.

I can't add a program in exeptional EXEs List in S2U2 Settings in Advanced --> Exeptional EXEs List

I use your GTX ROM..

are there any workaround to add a program in that Exeptional List??

I want to add Garmin in that list.

thanks OCK your ROM is the best ever.. hahahaha

Does tapping and holding work? Sometimes it may not detect brief taps.

great work

Can you give me the icons Menu GTX Edition ..?

file cab :(

thx :(

Which icon menu are you referring to?

First of all... Congratulations OCK for your great ROM's I'm using the GTX Build 23118, and it's really great... No problems so far...

Just one thing when the device goes to sleep with the WiFi on it freezes and I can't turn it back on... Or it's always turning the device on... Anyone got a fix for this...?

Thanks and keep up the great work... B)

I've read something about power saving settings being linked to this but usually I don't touch the settings and it doesn't freeze when wifi is on.

My problem ise in these ROMs, CPU runs in 420 MHz, or 624 MHz. However, CPU is scalable down to 104 MHz, and runs in 208 MHz with original ROMs, maybe even 104 MHz, but with one of the ROMs it was 208.

Is there a way to enable the processor to be able to run in 208 MHz like original ROMs? There is about 200 mW power consumption difference. In fact it is maybe less then 50 mW during it is idle but it would be better to be able to run the CPU in 208 MHz while playing music etc.

Also there is no testmode.exe in these ROMs. I copied it from another rom into the Win folder but it didn't displayed the system properties and other data...

Also Showcase is very slow in responding, and also for example in fullscreen apps with high CPU usage it never comes to screen when I press the side button. It should be changed, I think.

Not sure about any tweaks to adjust the processor speed, interested to find out how you got these figures btw :o

Will try to check out testmode.exe

As for Showcase, any good alternatives?

hi Ock,

GTX edition is probably the best rom i've tried with my i900

congrats and thank u

Glad you got your Omnia back :D

Hi ALL

OCK I love your titanium Classic Rom its super

I only had one issue driving me nuts which is the blue tooth gateway service

I could hear the static in the headset but not the audio if I press the headset button it brings the dialer instead of voice command

I searched alot and tried soo many options no luck

if anyone got this working please share your solution

Thanks in Advanced to all

Special thanks for OCK for such a greate clean rom

Voice command is not included, think there're some cabs here on Modaco which you can install.

Guest lgv91

Hi OCK

I don't use showcase,I prefer Arkswitch (better,faster)

Why don't you remove showcase from your ROMs and replace it by arkswitch?

And

How to make MD2 items more transparent? (because I want to see my wallpaper)

Guest dilipvpn

hi everybody,

Yesterday i have updated my omnia with ock's rom build 23118(Premium).

Nice one,everything working fine.good gps,battery backup,etc.

but i cannot connect wifi.When trying to connect access points,

it will take long time to connect and finally connection fails.

but all wifi access points are visible.

whats the problem?

Please help.

Regards

dilip.

Edited by dilipvpn

Guest andrew.mazlim
Wrong. These transparent bars are made by my friend Ham3r, check on xda-dev.

I wrote..., THERE IS ONE USER HERE, MAKING THE BARS TRANSPARENT; at least, that's what I meant. If you want specifically THESE, I don't know.

(I tried to help...)

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest d1srupt3r

Hey guys I need help! I tried to search for the answer but still no luck. I was using ock's GTX and it was the fastest and for me the greatest ROM I ever used for my Omnia but I have a problem and this maybe a bug perhaps?

In the Luncher Widget, I cannot choose the Program I want to put because it doesn't appear in the list. I've installed so many 3rd party apps but it doesn't show up in the list of programs. Any advice here please?

And also, in Photo Widget, there are no pics appears not until you actually open the Album software. I hope someone can help or give me some workaround for it. Thanks everyone!

Guest X-pro
Hey guys I need help! I tried to search for the answer but still no luck. I was using ock's GTX and it was the fastest and for me the greatest ROM I ever used for my Omnia but I have a problem and this maybe a bug perhaps?

In the Luncher Widget, I cannot choose the Program I want to put because it doesn't appear in the list. I've installed so many 3rd party apps but it doesn't show up in the list of programs. Any advice here please?

And also, in Photo Widget, there are no pics appears not until you actually open the Album software. I hope someone can help or give me some workaround for it. Thanks everyone!

Seems like you can't access your harddrives correct. I'm afraid the solution would be a hard reset to fix this. Might be some programs you installed interferes with this build. I've seen this access problem before in 6.5 roms and sometimes it occurs and sometimes it doesn't and you may even have to hard reset a couple of times to get it to work. Sry I couldn't give a better solution

Guest X-pro
hi everybody,

Yesterday i have updated my omnia with ock's rom build 23118(Premium).

Nice one,everything working fine.good gps,battery backup,etc.

but i cannot connect wifi.When trying to connect access points,

it will take long time to connect and finally connection fails.

but all wifi access points are visible.

whats the problem?

Please help.

Regards

dilip.

Did you try 30 sek operator switch ? It interferes with wifi connection to

Guest X-pro

i hope you think .

If ock did something special, there would be a point in making a 6.1 rom because it would be a solid base to build on. Otherwise it would be hard to do better than shokka's 6.1 rom ( admitted m2d v2 doesn't work well in his m2d build ). There hasn't been a significant improvement from 20270 to 21057 but I agree 6.1 is yet the best one for the omnia. Especially if you want to use other programs that are not cooked in. But of course different people, different opinions :(

Edited by X-pro

Guest amb123

Hi OCK and Guys,

It seems to be an old topic; however, I am still not convinced about the impossibility of enabling 850/1900 3G on I900. For a long while, I had accepted the "NO" answer. My doubts have come back though. I've done some research. Basically, the opinions are broken down into two main categories.

1. "NO" because of the hardware.

2. "NO" because of the software.

Neither of those has ever got the 100% confirmation.

So, if it is hardware, indeed, than there is really nothing that can be done. If it is a software, on the other hand, than there is still a chance. The "diamond-like" software patch version has never come to life but the possibility of flashing I900L phone part on I900 is still there.

I know that those two phones are different but how much different? Guys, people in this and the other forums out there have managed to port variety of things to the devices that originally had nothing in common but OS. I've even seen video of a guy running ubuntu on omnia.

So, my questions are if anyone has actually tried porting and flashing I900 with I900L phone part and what were the results? Those answers I have not found yet.

Guest joža
Hi OCK and Guys,

It seems to be an old topic; however, I am still not convinced about the impossibility of enabling 850/1900 3G on I900. For a long while, I had accepted the "NO" answer. My doubts have come back though. I've done some research. Basically, the opinions are broken down into two main categories.

1. "NO" because of the hardware.

2. "NO" because of the software.

Neither of those has ever got the 100% confirmation.

So, if it is hardware, indeed, than there is really nothing that can be done. If it is a software, on the other hand, than there is still a chance. The "diamond-like" software patch version has never come to life but the possibility of flashing I900L phone part on I900 is still there.

I know that those two phones are different but how much different? Guys, people in this and the other forums out there have managed to port variety of things to the devices that originally had nothing in common but OS. I've even seen video of a guy running ubuntu on omnia.

So, my questions are if anyone has actually tried porting and flashing I900 with I900L phone part and what were the results? Those answers I have not found yet.

if HW is capable, you can go to samsung and ask them to do it. just to remind you, omnia was developed 2.5 years ago so i don't think samsung cares much about it.

and yes, you can run ubuntu, android and all other opensource OS. So i believe you or any experienced coder can port phone part if you ask samsung for source code - shure they'll just email it to you :(

Guest corpisa
Wrong. These transparent bars are made by my friend Ham3r, check on xda-dev.

Wrong....

our very own Jumba has also developed one app that does exactly that, not saying your friend Ham3r didn't made one but Andrew was correct on his statement.

I C THRU U by Jumba :(

slds,

Edited by corpisa