OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest Kampos

Thanks Alot OCK for your great roms . it made me feel that my omnia is different that it was , anyway i have sold my Omnia with a pain in my heart :( ;)

it's the time to move a little bit forward to HTC HD2

Really your roms was the best out there and the best i'v tried ( tried many though )

Have fun Guys with the best Chef ever existed

Guest kzkan

I was generally using PDHEE roms. Those were enought speedy and good performer. I only tried ock' rom 23569 firtsly yesterday than perfect result I have. Reaaly great and seems given a lot of time during preparation. Thanks to OCK.

Regards,

Guest flo1210

this worries me much ! every few minutes it connects to Gprs/edge what is wrong with that i doesn´t have mms enabled the weather sould only update when i tap on it so what hell is doing the connect action????

On a Normal PC i would say there´s a virus or a trojan so please give me an answer

Guest Mir_X

I installed ock_alphaUI_23569.7z .

Is it possible to add hand writing mode to input methods ?

In input methods , only touch input method is available...

Guest bripz
ockroms.png 

I've been following the discussions here on Modaco, and have been reading up various sources on how to cook up a custom rom. After gathering some of the wisdom and knowledge from other helpful rom chefs, I'm happy to present my roms for the i900 Omnia.

Having problems with keyboards, M2D etc? Remember to read my second post, where you can find solutions to common problems you may encounter, such as problems with M2D Home Weather, Wifi etc. And don't forget your best friend Google. If there's a particular issue you can't resolve, post it here and I'll try to get back to you within 3 working days :) .

And to help you pick a suitable rom, check out this handy chart which I've put together following feedback from our friends here. Also check out Sb.'s post on the different build branches.

Trying a custom rom for the first time? Read up Sector's guide first, and follow it up with tips from Angel's collection. It's a good idea to backup your contacts, messages etc before each flash.

Build 23569

alphaUI.png

Introducing... alphaUI, a brand new theme made for XIAMultiTheme (XMT) :(

After my GTX release, I decided to take a look at alternative UIs, and XMT caught my eye for its customisability. alphaUI features a program launcher written entirely using XML and MSCR files, a showcase of the flexibility of XMT and Mortscript.

Built-in gesture support means each of the 4 panels is one swipe away. Flicking down on the home screen brings down the Music panel, while the Launcher panel can be "pulled" up from the home screen. The Quick Settings and Agenda panels are to the left and right of the home screen. Do note that only portrait mode is supported.

Programs-wise, it contains most of the apps from my Premium Roms, except HTC Album.

Features:

- Gesture support for navigating between panels

- Music panel (BETA) with album art support

- 3-page Launcher panel that holds up to 36 shortcuts, just swipe to switch screens

- Quick Settings panel for access to common controls

- Agenda panel displaying 4 of your upcoming appointments

- Quick notification icons displaying new sms, emails, missed calls and tasks

- Entirely Mortscript and XML based - customise it the way you want

What's new:

- Added Brazil phone config

What's changed:

- Made minor edits to icons

What's fixed:

- Fixed issue with missing left softkey when BT is on.

Updated: 13th June 2010

Free Storage: 117 MB

Free memory: 60 MB

Download: Mediafire (92 MB)

Credits:

stefanux - XIAMultiTheme

Mirko Schenk - Mortscript

Axman - apptx.exe

~LavAna - Weather icons

Quick FAQs:

1) How can I change the wallpaper?

Disable the XIAMultiTheme plugin by going to Start-Settings-Home-Items, then copy a 240x400 png file named "home.png" into \Program Files\XIAMultiTheme\themes\ock_alphaUI\Images\Wallpapers\

Similarly, wall1.png, wall2.png and wall3.png can be overwritten if you want to have different backgrounds for the 3 program launcher screens

2) How can I edit or remove a shortcut I added to the Home panel/ Launcher panel?

Simply tap and hold an icon and select the relevant option.

3) How can I quickly add lots of programs to the program launcher? The Launcher panel closes after I add each one.

Tap and hold on the add icon and the Launcher panel will stay open after you add each shortcut.

4) Why doesn't the album art update?

Due to some technical issues, XMT can't use the album art directly from Nitrogen. The album art thus does not update if you skip a song using Nitrogen. Opening and closing the Music panel will refresh the album art.

5) Why does the song title appear glitched when skipping songs via gestures?

This occurs sometimes and may be due to the way screen refreshing is done. Using the button controls doesn't cause this issue.

6) Why does my screen turn itself off when I try to turn it on?

You are most likely using S2U2. Close Nitrogen before locking your device. If you're listening to music, you can use the screen off button in the Music panel.

7) Why doesn't my appointments show up on my Home panel?

Only the next appointment occurring within a day are shown, a standard behaviour of WM's appointment registry keys. The Appointment panel however can show the next 4 appointments.

8) How can I update the weather status?

Tap on the weather icon and enter you city code.

You can find out you city code by going to Yahoo weather and searching your city under "Enter city or zip code:" If I search "New York" for example, a new page will load with the numbers 2459115 in the url. This will be your city code.

To reconfigure your city, simply tap and hold on the weather icon.

9) Can I use the Music Panel with S2P/ WMP/ HTC AudioManager?

Only Nitrogen is supported.

Big THANKS to all who donated!

Thanks for all your support :D

• Chandan
  • Sapunkov
  • netutopic
  • amb123
  • chris (mpayne)
  • X-Pro
  • Kev23
  • Daniel Neugebauer
  • Árgyélus
  • skoda60

Thanks also to everyone who has encouraged me with your kind words ;)

CREDITS:

Recipe providers:

PaSSoA

Shokka

Nicklashidegard

Pots and pans and other tools from:

bepe - Platform Rebuilder

Jason8/ Racer7 -CAB Converter tool

pako777 - I900 EXECUTOR and camera fix

sztupy - SYAKR Tool and Favorite Hackings

Vistang - wonderful Visual Kitchen

bikertibi - tshres patcher

Ingredients by:

Da_G, DFT, Monkeybape- New rom builds

rtomakov, waremike32 - Advice and Rom build re-uploads

Jeffrey2000 - Great-looking W7 Premium theme

gfandrea - GFX Theme

amarullz - Fantastic BlueBlack Windows Theme

m.carroll - PureBlack theme

Omar Junior, Zubnik, Weirdo - wonderful M2D skins

htctoucher - great M2Dv1 skin

thekevster - For his great work on action screen tab

Jumba - M2D theme tweaks

Dinik - Great icons!

younxt - Great GTX icon set

Sb - Hi-quality icons

Zitoun - More icons

escobol - Grey Samsung Keyboard skin

DJ Pete - Sense Lockscreen

bgill55/bga7x - Russian Black skins

Paul - for modaco.com, and fantastic support for us chefs

Sector - Amazing porting work and roms

zemrwhite2 - rotation animation tricks

Hosting and Mirrors by:

Sinaaa - Many thanks for providing me web hosting.

fense - Freakshare mirrors!

advancedpcs - Direct downloads. Yipee!

Not forgetting...

All rom chefs (including but not limited to : Khuanchai, Sector, Ryrzy, Nicklashidegard, lexuz, Mr Hammer etc) for their hard work, advice and inspiration.

A special shout-out to fellow new chefs cruddasj, MAMBO04, Bruno Adler, DelBossco, steff195. I didn't have time to try out your roms, but can see from the screenshots that you guys are doing a wonderful job. Keep it up and hope to see more cool stuff!

does anyone have this file hosted elsewhere? mediafire doesnt work for me ;)

Guest xdororo
Hi Ock,

Thanks for your great job, I love GTX 23118 rom very much.

so far everything goes fine, but the regional setting.

I came from Taiwan, and I installed "vivi_regional.cab" & "Samsung_Keypad_TW_.cab"

but I still can not solve the following problem :

1. change the region to "Chinese Taiwan"

2. input the Chinese words by other input method

any answers is much appreciated, thanks !!

BTW, does anyone know that Transcriber supports Chinese fonts ? THANKS !!

I've tried several Chinese input method, but failed again and again : (

anyone know which Chinese input keyboard can support this rom ?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

Guest skoda60
I've tried several Chinese input method, but failed again and again : (

anyone know which Chinese input keyboard can support this rom ?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

You can downloaded from here: http://bbs.uc.cn/viewthread.php?tid=426829...;extra=page%3D1 or from here: http://www.3gfan.com/class/132_1.htm.

I was using 国笔PPC输入法 V2.1.8. Hope you can find what will suit you.

Guest melburnian

HI guys

I am curious if anyone has run into this issue.

I had some old recurring appointments which the appex application didn't pick up, meaning that it doesn't show on Agenda screen.

Anyone with the same problem?

Guest ameizeing
OMG ;) :( !! I was searching all over for EXACTLY the same sort of an integration!!! Did anyone find a way to do this? This awesome app can be found here: http://pda.jasnapaka.com/birthdays/

For those looking to put Today plug-ins on M2Dv2 Home Page, install this cab:

M2D Easy Today Launcher

I'm using it on 23118 Premium ROM, works beautifully.

Guest Big.Davey89
It would be nice a screen for Contacts like in ock_Premium_23118

i miss this very much

I think you have forgot that it is a phone to call people not only a PPC/WIFI/NAVI-GPS

BUT also a big THANK YOU for your WORKS

Good point here actually.

I'm certain the vast majority of users would find a contacts page similar to the "People" tab in M2D far more useful than, say, the Music player screen. That said, I'm no programmer and I don't know how hard it would be to develop such a thing :(

Top work as always OCK, I'm loving the new UI ;)

Guest ameizeing
Is there a way to use finger mouse on ock_Premium_23118 Rom?! ;)

This rom is great but i really feel like missing the mouse and i cannot figure out how to bring it back, if it's possible at all,

I've made a change in Favorite Hackings but it does not seem to respond, jus switches of the 4-way padding but mouse is not coming back.

And one more thing,

When i make changes in "Tabs" section of M2D Customizer, after applying the changes,

Touch Flo on the home screen won't load :(

Is it possible that you cannot make changes in tabs/widgets, is this a given or some bug i can fix?

Thanks in advance :)

When I fist flashed to 23118 Premium, had problems with scrolling etc. Solution to that was to do a hard reset of Device & My Storage & flash same ROM again. Not had any problems since. And my finger mouse works too!

Guest ducristi
HI guys

I am curious if anyone has run into this issue.

I had some old recurring appointments which the appex application didn't pick up, meaning that it doesn't show on Agenda screen.

Anyone with the same problem?

I had that problem, but I have installed ThumbCal , and I am using that, and it works just fine.

try that and see if it will work.

;)

Guest leoms17
does anyone have this file hosted elsewhere? mediafire doesnt work for me ;)

Please remove that quote, you don't need to quote the whole first post just to make a point!

Guest marstine

thanks OCK! I like your Rom very much.

I want to get more information about your older rom, but I can not open your blog with clicks the link you present...

Guest rreedde

help i can't sync connect my omnia using ock's new alpha rom to my computer.

I've tried to reboot and reconnect but everything's not working.

blue tooth and cable connection both doesn't work. anybody can give me some tips to solve this?

Edited by rreedde

Guest jean-luc_picard

@OCK:

I have new weather icons and sms, phone, mail and task icons created.

I would like to upload this in the evening.

Is this ok for you?

May be, you can cook this icons in your new ROM?

@all: I try to upload a description with files in the evening!

ock.jpg

Dear, Picard

Guest Theredal
@OCK:

I have new weather icons and sms, phone, mail and task icons created.

I would like to upload this in the evening.

Is this ok for you?

May be, you can cook this icons in your new ROM?

@all: I try to upload a description with files in the evening!

ock.jpg

Dear, Picard

It really looks nice. ^^ this month by the end of my university classes I'll take some time to

learn how to costumize this things, it's not "fair" or fine just to download other jobs

u need to try to improve too.

Nice job!

Guest mikidream
Good point here actually.

I'm certain the vast majority of users would find a contacts page similar to the "People" tab in M2D far more useful than, say, the Music player screen. That said, I'm no programmer and I don't know how hard it would be to develop such a thing :(

Top work as always OCK, I'm loving the new UI ;)

Great rom.

I'm missing the fast dialer that used to be in the last versions.

How can I find the fast dialer where I can see about 8 best list of people I can call?

thanks

Guest N-tchbl

The rom is great but it's trully non accceptable to not have fulscreen keyboard in the landscape mode :/ (speaking of Premium_23118)

And also to not be able to arrange launcher tabs and add some more, i find this a huge lack.. and not being able to use mousepad! damn!

If there's some way to make this all happen please recommend some ways or i'm switching back to 6.1

Edited by N-tchbl

Guest ebsbow

@N-tchbl: Try Resco keyboard 6.0. Also 'Favorite Hacks' activates the mouse function of you mean this.

@rreedde: Try to reflash.

@mikidream: Try the 'Favorite Hacks' where you can change to the Samsung Keypad if you mean this.

@Ock: I have some problems with screen lockups from the UI? In anycase the device needs to be reset after these lockups. ( or is it just me?)

-Options onder Phone aren't working

-Agenda app doesn't work correctly. Can't add, can't switch, can't open item.( i'll reinstall the app)

-Opera isn't the default browser

Guest N-tchbl
(speaking of Premium_23118)

And also to not be able to arrange launcher tabs and add some more, i find this a huge lack..

Rly fell in love with this ROM and i wanted to do it all to make it complete so i found the .cab solution for adding more tabs, tnx :(

Still lacking with these:

- optical mouse not working

- no landscape mode for sms keyboard ;)

Anyone??

edit:

@N-tchbl: Try Resco keyboard 6.0. Also 'Favorite Hacks' activates the mouse function of you mean this.

I did enable the mouse function in FavHacks, still nothing :)

Gonna try Resco now, thanks, i think i have that cab somewhere already.

And 1 more thing,

In the Programs tab some icons have the title below the icon, some not and it looks pretty awkward,

is it a given also or possible to fix and make it look nice and compact?

Edited by N-tchbl

Guest bmw992009

OCK ..i turn back to GTX,and...i wAnna know how to put back the LOCK button because when i touch i,he send me tho the phone calls.

thx