OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest motosan

Tested with all the ROMs available in this forum. Now finally luving the 23118 Ultra Lite version. Fast...very fast EXCEPT messaging super slow on this 23118 ROMs even after thread msg disabled.

But small matter using SMS at Hand to replace that problem. Just want to say keep up & thank you for all your hard work and esp user supports.

Guest scourge24

@motosan

I agree. Massaging is super slow, although everything other in this ROM runs that fast. Wow!

So OCK, maybe you should use somthing other for SMS.

Guest vince1970
I've looked around for something new to cook as I was getting bored :) , but most likely I would cook my usual set of roms.

I may try a 216xx branch as there're reports of it being good on memory usage.

Hi OCK, looking forward to your new release as I am still using 23563 M2Dv2. I played with various UI but always gone back to M2Dv2.

Hope your new release include a M2Dv2...

Guest kzkan

Dear OCK

Thanks alot for the great job. I use your alpha ui rom. Everything great and it has what I want to see on my phone really. Only I want to know how to use video call option. I tried to change dialer skin using favorite hacking but it failed.

Regards,

Guest kzkan
OCK

How can get this fixed. Tapping on the weather icon I got the error

Thanks

First you should connect to internet than tab to weather icon. If you entered your location code efore which you may find from yahoo whether site it is getting updated continuously.

Regards,

Guest kzkan
First you should connect to internet than tab to weather icon. If you entered your location code efore which you may find from yahoo whether site it is getting updated continuously.

Regards,

Guest casao17

Hi Ock.

First of all, thank you very very much for your ROMs. I can only imagine how many hours you had working to bring us those great ROMs. Really, thank you very much. I`ve already used two of your builds: 23118 and 23563. Now I`m using Alpha UI. It works great and I didn`t find any bugs so far.

But as I'm used to SPB Shell, I'd like to know if I can just disable Alpha UI and install SPB. If so, this will cause my Omnia to work slowly? Or should I flash it again with Titanium or Premium ROM, disable M2D and then install SPB?

I know this seem pointless, I mean, if it’s not to use Alpha UI then why have I putted on my i900? Because I wanted to have the most recent ROM and also because it`s a beautifull interface. But SPB interface is easier for me because I’m not an expert :D on Windows Mobile and got lost on some configurations and use of AlphaUI.

So thank you and everyone in advance for any help. :)

Casao

Guest zephyr1100

@all

based on the alphaUI I added some changes to the appearance of the homescreen by editing the skin.xml. After these changes it looks like Screen00. Now I want to add the .png-file in order to get what you see on Screen01 (here I integrated the png in a new wallpaper which I chose for "home.jpg"-wallpaper , but it will of course disappear by changing wallpaper).

Is anybody able to let me know, how to integrate this png in the skin.xml so it will appear on any chosen wallpaper?

I hope for help. If this is too off-topic, I am sorry for that....

post-602652-1278514436_thumb.png

post-602652-1278515319_thumb.jpgpost-602652-1278514457_thumb.jpg

Edited by zephyr1100

Guest saad123edd
@motosan

I agree. Massaging is super slow, although everything other in this ROM runs that fast. Wow!

So OCK, maybe you should use somthing other for SMS.

I agree.... thiz rom is perfect except the messaging part... GTX rom is better in messaging....

OCK, please do consider thiz problem in the cuming new rom... Please cook a Rom specially for messaging freakz...

Guest h3ld3r_kid
Archives ___________________

Check my blog for my older roms :)

Tips _______________________

Using XDA_UC to install programs automatically

My roms include a customised (with progress bar :P ) version of XDA_UC. Here's how you can automate cab installations. Do note that some cabs that require user input (press a button to accept terms etc.) are not supported (yet :D ).

1. Create a folder named "XDA_UC" under "My Storage" or under your storage card. Put all your cab files inside.

2. That's all! Tap on the screen to begin after flashing, and the cab installation will start soon. It will soft-reset once done. If it hangs, just note the cab file it hangs at, and reset your phone manually. Move the cab causing the problem to a "SD" subfolder inside XDA_UC.

Can't connect to Internet or GPRS/ NoData generates some funny error

1. Go to Settings > Connections > Operator Settings

2. Switch to a different operator from your current operator and press OK.

3. Wait a few seconds for the wait cursor to disappear, and switch back to your original operator again.

If the above doesn't work, try this:

Go to Settings > Connections > Connections > Advanced > Select Networks

At " Programs automatically connects to Internet using ... ", choose My Internet instead of My ISP.

(Thanks lieuliau)

I can't update weather status

Try the operator trick listed above. If it doesn't work, it may mean the servers are down - the weather tab and the homescreen use different weather servers. Simply try again later.

Photo and Music tabs are not working

I've removed them from my M2Dv2 build. Install these cabs.

How to I enable video calls?

Use FavHackings to enable the dialer skin, then soft reset.

My start menu/ Homescreen becomes a mess when I scroll

Set a wallpaper first, and soft reset.

When I send an sms, the recipient receives ?????????

In Messaging, go to --> Tools --> Options --> Messaging --> Select "Use Unicode when necessary"

GoogleMaps crashes when I enable GPS

Fixed in roms updated from Apr 10 onwards. For older roms (or if you're still experiencing crashes), install this cab to device and soft reset.

XDA_UC doesn't start/ encounters an error

Go to Tools and tap "Autorun" to restart it. If the shortcut isn't there, try a soft reset.

My Omnia keeps rebooting non-stop

Uncheck "Format Device's Internal Hard Disk" when you run the exe to flash

Where's Samsung Keyboard?

I've removed it from my UL and TitaniumClassic build. Install this cab with Escobol's skin.

Why can't I use T9 in Premium's Samsung Keyboard?

Install this cab and soft reset.

I can't set a keyboard as the default

Try using SIPChange

White squares appear in GoogelMaps and Youtube

How can I add other programs to the program tab in M2D? The list only shows a few items.

Simply scroll down the list by flicking upwards to see more apps.

I used M2DC to add more buttons to the program tab in M2D, but they don't work

It seems 18 program shortcuts is the optimum number for M2D.

Youtube doesn't start/ encounters a connection error

Set your time and clock, and try again.

Enable feedback when using optical navigation keys

Install this cab.

Can't read Chinese characters

Install kaidi font by tim1979

Launch Phonebook from Titanium homescreen (TitaniumClassic only)

Install this cab

How can I launch OmniaLite phonebook from M2D's people tab?

Install this cab

Why is the camera font bold and ugly?

This occurs only on certain builds. Try my fix (beta), which rotates your screen and then launches Camera

Certain apps like S2U2 doesn't seem to detect my taps

Install this cab

The camera button doesn't work

This is due to the EZInput keyboard in some Premium builds. Install this fix.

After recording a video, I get an error when previewing or playing the file

This is due to a new library updating service in some builds (Especially 235xx). Install this fix to solve this. This fix is included in my roms.

How can I disable rotation animation?

Install this cab and soft reset. Thanks zemrwhite2!

How can I get back the default SMS skin?

How can I get small icons in start menu?

How can I get back the default calendar?

How can I disable the sliding lockscreen?

Install this cab to disable it and get back the old "tap to unlock" screen.

How can I get back a sliding lockscreen without the Sense clock?

Install this cab

How can I disable the Samsung Volume Control?

Install this cab to get back the WM default volume control.

Goodies _______________________

I've gotten DINIK's permission to cook his Anastasia Icon Set and have in fact planned to, but it seems some icons weren't changed.

I've thus not cooked these icons in, but I've packaged a special cab for those who like his icons to try out on my roms. Tested on Premium, should work for my other roms too. I can't guarantee complete compatibility with other roms though, due to different start menu layouts other chefs may use. Thanks also to AnnPhe for introducing Dinik's brilliant work to Modaco. Use JWMD icon changer to change other icons you may have.

DINIK%20Anastasia%20Icons.png

Download

DJ Pete's lockscreen

SenseLS.png

Download

EZInput keyboard

Portrait only. Note that once installed it can't be removed easily.

Download

Enable vibration feedback

====================

when i try install samsung keyboard.... says the program install was unsuccesefull because you don«t have sufficient system permissions!!!!!!

can i solve this???

thnkx

Guest Rebels

Dude, u really had to quote the whole 1st post. Look how much page space it has taken! making ppl hard to find materials.

Guest Adaho0
when i try install samsung keyboard.... says the program install was unsuccesefull because you don«t have sufficient system permissions!!!!!!

Wich rom you have installed? OCK?? it's impossible in her roms.. have you sdkcerts installed?

can i solve this???

You can.

Use google to find samsung keyboard in cab. Or use 'search' function in this forum. There are many versions of samsung keyboard in many colors and with multiple languages support.

Guest melburnian
I agree.... thiz rom is perfect except the messaging part... GTX rom is better in messaging....

OCK, please do consider thiz problem in the cuming new rom... Please cook a Rom specially for messaging freakz...

Hi Saad123edd,

Ock has been aware of this problem for a while now. The messaging in WinMob has always been slow. I remember testing ROM from some of the other cookers and the result is still the same. So I am not sure if it is impossible to speed the whole thing up.

Unless Ock works his magic somehow and finds a way around things.

Guest enjoy_mobility

@all: have you a problem in keyboard in landscape mode??

it's not growing when landscape,, so it's quietly make me confuse to type someword, since it small size *( like potrait mode)....

any suggestion to resolve it?? :)

thanks before guys.... :D

Guest acrocosm
Try installing SRSWOW for the BT problem.

As for the message opening problem, you may want to try disabling threaded view using FavHackings.

Thanks for the reply but that's not really a proper solution '_'

I could live without threaded messages but I'm not using SRSWOW. I don't like it, my pair of cans is more than capable of good sound, plus I make music on sunvox, so that's not really an option as it alters the final output. Even if it's turned off it makes the sound coming out of the device bad. Uninstalling it is the first thing I do if I find it in a rom and yet, at least with PDHee's roms it works fine even afterwards.

I've seen this in almost all of your roms since January or February (I think). I do remember it working fine in 1-2 releases but unfortunately I can't recall the build. I have 21892 installed now I'll let you know when I test it. Messaging is fast and without glitches in this rom though. Maybe it's a wider issue that plugs most com3/com5 builds?

Suggesting to stick with other cooks' roms would be a more proper answer perhaps. I can always use PDHee's roms and only have to deal with setting up internet (I don't care, I use only wifi) and the leftovers in the settings. I don't mean to be offensive in any way, I do respect your work and support but I think ironing out such issues is more important than looks and cooking the latest leaked/official build

Edited by acrocosm

Guest braach

[b]

Hallo Ock, all oK, i have installed your m2d 23118 an the cab alpha ui from you

and now evering is allright :)

Hallo Ock,

the alpha ui rom ist best, i ever had, thank you very much.

I have one question about M2d, i installed md2 all in one cab,

but i can't setup the weather, cause i can see

buttons on the bottom of the screen, and other funktions of md2?

Have you a cab for md2 with the weather-homesreen for this rom?

Edited by braach

Guest zephyr1100
@all

based on the alphaUI I added some changes to the appearance of the homescreen by editing the skin.xml. After these changes it looks like Screen00. Now I want to add the .png-file in order to get what you see on Screen01 (here I integrated the png in a new wallpaper which I chose for "home.jpg"-wallpaper , but it will of course disappear by changing wallpaper).

Is anybody able to let me know, how to integrate this png in the skin.xml so it will appear on any chosen wallpaper?

I hope for help. If this is too off-topic, I am sorry for that....

I got it! :D

So help isn't needed anymore but still welcome :)

Guest hugo_prado

In my opinion the message app is slow only the first time (to rearrange conversations). After wait 1~2 minutes first time and soft reset, it works fine (I have about 400 sms)

Guest X-pro

can i solve this???

thnkx

with omnia lite keyboard you can, not with the original keyboard cab.

Hold xt9 button on keyboard to change layout

omnia_lite_keyboard.cab

Guest h3ld3r_kid
with omnia lite keyboard you can, not with the original keyboard cab.

Hold xt9 button on keyboard to change layout

and if i want to cameback to keyboarg original of this rom later? can i do it?

this layout is ugly... :S :)

Guest X-pro
and if i want to cameback to keyboarg original of this rom later? can i do it?

this layout is ugly... :S :)

The original samsung keyboard will be overwritten, other keyboards won't.

Guest X-pro

hi ock

You talked about doing something new but what about doing something old like a 6.1 rom for all spb users :) If I remember correctly you did any other build so there's sort of missing a 6.1 rom in your credentials :D I know it's not the most exciting thing to do but 6.1 is stable and most programs will run. I really miss your integration of swf in opera so that flash would be played in wm player or directly in streaming player. Anyways thanks for all your hard work in cooking and support