OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Guest X-pro
18 is the max unfortunately :P

Which error are you getting? If u mean the background gets weird, set a wallpaper and soft reset.

Hi K G B, have you tried X-Pro's solution? It should work.

Tks X-Pro for the replies while I'm away. You've been fantastic helping around here in Modaco

I think it's an i900 issue too, have tried apost's trick while trying to reduce the ringtone delay, but didn't work.

Haven't really used it for the increasing ringtone issue though, so you may want to give it a try too. The C50, c150, c100 part seems interesting :D

EDIT: Edited first post to include Advancedpcs's fast link. Thanks again!

Thanks ock :)

Guest mhzmyz

im just now finished flashing my omnia from stock rom to ock's rom.. :D

im using win7

before this i follow step which using vmware but got problem with vmware usb..

then i follow from here.. which is for win7

it flashing perfectly and found the phone immediately.

thanks ock.. u gv me a new life ;) .. i got bored with stock rom already :angry:

Edited by mhzmyz

Guest barbs666

Thanks Ock, nice rom (alphaUI),

I like the interface and the ability to swype to different pages from the home page!

The phone seems to crash/freeze alot and I have to soft reset. this happens a reasonable amount of the time. when just using the phone normally.

Also the phone seems alot slower to respond to say sms's, or turning the phone part "on" or "off"

wondering about some of these other suggestions:

1) Can the home page show when an alarm is on and its time?

2) Can the weather be the 'location' service on the home page like in M2D V2.

3) Can the bottom three icons (windows, music, calandar) be removed as i think its a waste of screen space because you can swype to these!

Thanks and look forward to updates!

Edited by barbs666

Guest mhzmyz

yea.. i also hv changed rom from alphaUI to premium since the interface of alphaUI not that great and quite unstable. before this i use stock rom with SPB mobile shell UI + HTC Sense look alike. love it..

i think master ock should implement sbp mobile shell into your next project. :angry: .. very2 customizable and can get avatar contact from fb contact. :D

Guest Daniel Gava

Hi Folks.

I've installed Omnia Lite Keyboard and it's not aligned with the bottom bar, as it is made for Com 2 builds. Is there a cab for installation on Com 5 or some kind of fix for it?

Thanks.

Guest Rebels
yea.. i also hv changed rom from alphaUI to premium since the interface of alphaUI not that great and quite unstable. before this i use stock rom with SPB mobile shell UI + HTC Sense look alike. love it..

i think master ock should implement sbp mobile shell into your next project. :D .. very2 customizable and can get avatar contact from fb contact. ;)

Dude spb isn't freeware. So i don't think OCK will be able to cook it in..for public use. :angry:

Guest Rebels
Hi Folks.

I've installed Omnia Lite Keyboard and it's not aligned with the bottom bar, as it is made for Com 2 builds. Is there a cab for installation on Com 5 or some kind of fix for it?

Thanks.

Not in my knowledge my friend, anyway OCK can give u a better ans.

Guest melburnian
Thanks Ock, nice rom (alphaUI),

I like the interface and the ability to swype to different pages from the home page!

The phone seems to crash/freeze alot and I have to soft reset. this happens a reasonable amount of the time. when just using the phone normally.

Also the phone seems alot slower to respond to say sms's, or turning the phone part "on" or "off"

wondering about some of these other suggestions:

1) Can the home page show when an alarm is on and its time?

2) Can the weather be the 'location' service on the home page like in M2D V2.

3) Can the bottom three icons (windows, music, calandar) be removed as i think its a waste of screen space because you can swype to these!

Thanks and look forward to updates!

@barbs666

1) I had a look at this before and I think Ock has mentioned it as well. The format of the alarm held in the registry is in a hexdecimal format, which I haven't really been able to decode. So if you show it, it will just appear to be like a string of numbers and letters.

2) The location service is using the google and the HTC services and since it is not a M2D interface, I don't think it will work unless OCK does one of his magic tricks and pulls something together.

3) Yes, you can do this as well. You need to edit the skin.xml in Program Files >> XIAMultiTheme >> AlphaUI

Guest barbs666
@barbs666

1) I had a look at this before and I think Ock has mentioned it as well. The format of the alarm held in the registry is in a hexdecimal format, which I haven't really been able to decode. So if you show it, it will just appear to be like a string of numbers and letters.

2) The location service is using the google and the HTC services and since it is not a M2D interface, I don't think it will work unless OCK does one of his magic tricks and pulls something together.

3) Yes, you can do this as well. You need to edit the skin.xml in Program Files >> XIAMultiTheme >> AlphaUI

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go! :-)

Guest barbs666
Thanks mate, I'll give it a go! :-)

Has Anyone edited the Skin.xml ?

If so could they post some tips to do it?

I am giving it ago but may have interesting results.

Thanks

Guest melburnian
Has Anyone edited the Skin.xml ?

If so could they post some tips to do it?

I am giving it ago but may have interesting results.

Thanks

Hey Barbs666

I believe Condorx has edit something similar to what you are looking for and there is an edit Skin.xml ready for you. :angry: Check out post #4188

Guest barbs666

Hi Ock,

just noticed some issues, not sure if been reported so sorry if it has.

After install of program and a reset is required. There is two soft key options "OK". An inside one and one on the far right.

I pressed the inside "OK" and after the phone soft reset, it came immediately back to the "program needs to reset screen" and the phone is frozen!

what to do, other than a hard reset? this has happened a couple times now...... I installed SIPchange, and samsung XT9 keypad (with other programs as well as these ones)

Edited by barbs666

Guest mhzmyz

hi ock or anyone :angry:

now im using ock premium 23118.. but it quite slow in term of messaging.

any1 here can recommend me any rom that quite fast in messaging and got landscape keyboard for messaging. :D

i think stock rom more faster, so.. if i didnt get any good rom, might change to stock rom.. even though the UI not that great.

thanks every1.. very appreciate..

Guest X-pro
hi ock or anyone :angry:

now im using ock premium 23118.. but it quite slow in term of messaging.

any1 here can recommend me any rom that quite fast in messaging and got landscape keyboard for messaging. :D

i think stock rom more faster, so.. if i didnt get any good rom, might change to stock rom.. even though the UI not that great.

thanks every1.. very appreciate..

6.5 rom seems to have pretty slow sms so if you can live with a 6.1 and pay for spb I would go that way.

There's many ways to customize and you can search modaco and see what different users did

You can have a look here to see what I did with a 6.1

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/295307/...links/page/260/

Would like to change the temperature scale from Fahrenheit to celsius?

I have the same problem. Someone knows how to do this change?

thanks

Guest MMpimentel

thanks

I have been looking at in response that the yahoo API sends, and the problem this there. Even changing scale always comes in Fahrenheit.

The script has internally the scale option, this option is not displayed on the screen, I think this could be improved. Does anyone know tell me where has stuff on this programming language?

URL Test:

http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w=455819&u=c

http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?w=455819&u=f

EDIT: yahoo API are send correct response now.

Edited by MMpimentel

Guest barbs666

thanks

mine was working fine with celcius and then now its backc to F. ah crazy..... cant win them all.

Guest Scopein

Hey Ock

Great rom I find it very fast and easy to use however I was wondering is it possible for the weather on the home screen to update for a 5 day forecast so that I only need to update every 5 days?