OCK's WM6.5 Roms (Premium, M2D, M2D Classic, Titanium, UltraLite)

Guest ock

Mate, I forgot to check this... BUT! Since I'm using NoData/DataCommand, WHY AM I NEED to disable this manually? I didn't need to, before!

Yeah that is weird. I used to use NoData when I was still on Win6.1 but now I always disconnect the connection this way and it works mint everytime.

Maybe do a hard reset?

hello i'm using rom 23118 and when i try write a sms on landscape the keyboard only occups 50% of the ecran.... there's any sollution for this?

What do you mean only? You want it to be bigger?

Edited by ErOR

Guest andrew.mazlim
Yeah that is weird. I used to use NoData when I was still on Win6.1 but now I always disconnect the connection this way and it works mint everytime.

Maybe do a hard reset?

Just did... and replaced the OCK's GTX with Eclipse... again. I'm not planning to make all my arrangments yet, 'cause I'm making my LFC M2D theme and I'm making checking all the time...

Thxs for you reply, btw...

hello ock,

i wanna thank you for your WM6.5 ROMS that was really great (perfect for me !!! :rolleyes: )

hey ock if there possible to change the messaging to thread mode message ?

regards,

2ni

Ahn

That volume control is from S2U2.

It is not turned on by default, so you have to turn it on yourself.

You can find it under "Phone" and turn on "Volume Control" and also "Incall Volume Control" and "Don't lock Volume Keys"

You may need to ensure that "Don't use Keyboard hook" is switched off.

Cheers

have been check all setting in my phone..

cannot find it tough...

suddenly you come with this your answer...

tried it...

and...

VIOLA~!!!!!!!!!!!! it's work man! finally i got it back :rolleyes: :huh:

"You may need to ensure that "Don't use Keyboard hook" is switched off."

that's the answer.. thx a lot pal... :D :huh:

regards, Ahn

Edited by 4hn

Guest LyingBastardo

Eclipse Build 23118 is a totally amazing rom release, I love the launch bar and all the features you have included. 10 out of 10!!! I think I'm going to stick with my omnia i900 for a little bit longer thanks to you OCK!

BTW I had some nightmeres trying to sync to my work laptop running xp with activesync 4.5, make sure to do the following and it will all be OK:

Start --> Settings --> Connections --> USB Connection Mode: ActiveSync.

Start --> Settings --> Connections --> USB to PC: Unchecked Enable advanced network functionality.

ActiveSync: When cradled Checked Synchronize all PCs using this connection: `USB Default. This seems to be a prerequisite for allowing *any* communication over ActiveSync,

Guest nikolaf7

I`m using titanium classic, it`s very good but slower than 6.1 roms and it have one issue - sms inbox is all messed up somethimes. And really slow. Optical scroll often wont work and when i delete message the field is clear, to sort messages in order i need to get out of inbox and than come back, really annoying

Guest yugoport
I'm getting a bad issue... First I'd like to point out that this is the best (BEST!) rom I've ever used. Really. I've tried a lot of them, and sometimes I thought I had found a rom that I could say "this is «the one»", but I can say that now.

However, after weeks and weeks of intensive use without a minimum bug, strange things happen with messaging.

When I receive a new message, most of the times I tap on the icon (either via S2U2 or via the home screen) and the message opens, ready for reply. But lately, some of the times (and mostly when I'm at the home screen), what happens is that, after tapping, the phone takes about 1 to 3 minutes to open the messaging... and is no use to reach for Showcase because that only opens as well after messaging opens. And this is getting me a little bugged, because I need to answer to SMS and I can't.... sometimes I have to click reset button to reset the phone, then tap for messaging and it takes long (if it even gets there) to open the message.

I've searched through this thread but found nothing on this.... could you please help me and save me, once this is the rom I love?

same thing here, i guess there is a bug in the sms.. showcase sometimes freezes too, I'm using resco task manager, works flawlessly.. with a bit of luck ock will release an update to its eclipse rom..

In my opinion showcase task manager is crap simply because it creates many problems, that was the first thing i disabled once I got into this rom. Resco task manager is definitely the way to go.

I haven't had any issues with sms yet but there are a few bugs and I hope too OCK will release a updated eclipse version.

Guest jalmeida

But believe me, this SMS thing is really bugging me.... this ROM works perfectly for me, it has everything I want, the way I want, but when it freezes like that and you desperatedly need to answer is actually frustrating... :rolleyes:

Showcase only freezes to me when the sms is freezing; as soon as the sms resumes working, everything else, including Showcase, resumes working ok...

Guest RkC87 - BRA
But believe me, this SMS thing is really bugging me.... this ROM works perfectly for me, it has everything I want, the way I want, but when it freezes like that and you desperatedly need to answer is actually frustrating... :rolleyes:

Showcase only freezes to me when the sms is freezing; as soon as the sms resumes working, everything else, including Showcase, resumes working ok...

First of all, i agree with the user up there, Eclipse is the BEST rom ever.. My Omnia is always on and i had the same freezing... After a few "searching", i found out that this "freeze-thing" is related to the corruption of some files (some system files, some message files). At least in my omnia, even Manila crashes sometimes... So i found out that making a backup and running a flash every month solves my problem... But i do know that´s not "healthy" for my phone.

Could be a reason for the corruption of system files?

OCK: Man, you´re amazing, im´your fan!

PS: Sorry for the poor english, i´m from Brasil and i don´t practice too much...

Guest hitman1980

Hi Ock,

I'm using your Manilla Classic Rom (Updated: 15th August 2010), for last 1 month.

I like the ROM very much, but there are few things which bother me, and I need your

expert advice/solution:

1) SMS M2D tab: The SMS alert numbers (1,2,3 ... ) that small green circle ... doesn't

go away, even after I navigate thru SMS.

To remove it, I have to .. click on "All Messages" ... and then open the entire message.

Only then it marks it as Read.

2) Power setting: This is very confusing. I have set the LCD to turn OFF after 10 seconds

under "Calling" tab.

But this setting gets removed ... as soon as I receive a Call (when my Phone is locked - s2u2).

It works fine ... if my phone is not locked (s2u2) ... and I receive a call.

3) s2u2: When my phone is locked via s2u2 ... and I receive call , I see 2 button ... Green (Accept),

Red (Reject). Even if I click on Green button... the call is not accepted, phone keeps on ringing.

To accept the call... I have to click on Green button first, and then hit Left button of my phone.

Also, directly hitting left button on phone...too doesn't work.

One request: How can I change the battery Icon (Green) ... to the default windows battery icon (white).

Thanks

Bob

Edited by hitman1980

Hey OCK, I just want to point out a few things I've noticed with you Eclipse ROM.

On the home screen the lock button on the bottom left of the screen actually goes to the dialer

When an alarm goes of (every morning for me) to disable it I first have to tap the screen in s2u2 to remove the message from screen, then slide the slider to unlock, click on the notifications bar (because nothing comes up), select the bell/notifications icon and then can I sneeze or dissmiss. Anyway to make this easier?

Email icons show there's a new message but infact there's not, I checked emails on computer and there is nothing new.

If the device has been in standby for a while (30min+), once I wake it up it sort of freezes for a few seconds and only then I can ulock it, I also feel like the s2u2 slider is 'too heavy' and being in the middle is kind of weird, but that is personal preference.

Also Wifi keep turning on by itself, I would wake up the device and it would be enabled.

Edited by ErOR

Guest vince1970

Hi OCK, any free time to build 28244 AKU5310 Windows CE: 5.2 Build 5224 (Oct 24 2010 15:57:09) - Titanium-Premium version ?

This will suit SPB3.5.5 with DOC3000 DROID PRO+ by DOC3000 & MSKIP

I tried this solution for the auto-turning-off-bt problem, but it still exist.

I find that it usually switch off douring bt passive connection(when it connected to bt headset or tomtom-bt but not douring a conversation), and usually it remain on when it is not connected to any bt device.

Any other ideas?

As always thank you very much!!!

I have the same problem.

Alek

Hi, I would like to know is there any chance to change the weather upgrade interval somehow, because it doesn't upgrade in time!

I'm not sure how to tweak this setting, don't see a registry entry for it at the moment.

halo OCK and every one.. i just recently installed ECLIPSE on my omnia.

great ROM. everything works perfect! really love it :huh:

just one question tough, how can i change the M2D tab color? can any one show me how to change it??

thanks in advance :D

Yes, you can get hh_fw_tabbtn.png and hh_fw_tabbtn_mask.png from another M2D theme files and overwrite those inside \Windows.

Hello Ock, really love your Eclipse ROM,

I just want to ask on the SMS Skin, is it specifically for Omnia?, if you have a separate cab installer for it, cause i want to install it to another device..

Thanks so much!

See here for the skins

Dear OCK,

I am newbie for all this.I guess WM6.5 is better than WM6.1.So can you suggest me a guide to begin flashing.Is my phone upgradable?

WM6.5 is better in terms of touch-friendliness but there are still bugs. See my first post for links to guides which you can refer to.

There is a setting under the tray launch tab but this doesnot work in this case. I tried pointing the shortcut to the phone application but it doesnot show. Also there is a wifi and a BT setting under that tab this also doesnot seem to work when changed. There must be some other setting too! Any Ideas any one how to enable the call log notification under Home screen plus plus when the 3 G dialer is enabled??

Try this cab for changing the call log shortcut in HS++. You may need to reload/refresh for changes to take place.

For iPhonetoday, Try pointing it to Wifi_ON-OFF.exe and ToggleBTh.exe for wifi and BT

any new rooms soon???

Will try to make one for Dec :D

Wow, just installed the Eclipse rom and this is simply the best rom I've tried so far. Very smooth, very fast and leaves a lot of ram free.

Thank you very much!!

Can the sms program be made to launch faster?

Also it would be great if for the next release you configure that thing on the home screen where is Wfi, Opera, Explorer etc. so if a new icon is added it would go to the next screen, because right now if i add a new icon i have no idea where it goes.

For sms, I'm looking into a couple of changes, so I do hope to speed it up.

Hmm.. I'll look into it.

im using ocks eclipse with omnia keyboard edition.. it's working perfectly but i like to know how to disable sms skin on this rom?.. thanks

Install this cab from my second post.

halo OCK

i just recently installed ECLIPSE on my omnia.

great ROM. works perfect! really love it :huh:

one question, everytime i restart, homescreen plusplus and iphone today do not appear. I have to activate it on M2DTP_config? can it run automatically?

thanks in advance :angry:

Try running m2dtp_config, is it set to automatically start? It's set to run by default but may get closed when ram is low.

OCK, I need some help.

I've returned to the last Normal M2Dv2 ROM from 15th August and the problem is that I want to use the old style lock (not SmartLock) for fast locking and unlocking with one hand, but when I switch to it, I can only lock the phone using the End key, but can't unlock. How can I make it to lock and unlock with the End key like it is by default?

Also sometimes when I lock it with the default lock, it doesn't want to unlock even if I press Unlock on the screen so I have to Soft Reset. Any fix for this?

Hmmm. I'm not sure if that behaviour is changed in WM6.5, are you comparing the behaviour to WM6.1? I'm not sure if it's possible to tweak this :rolleyes:

HSplusPlus_Calllog.cab

i bought my omnia with m2d wm6.5 and after a week of reading i`ve changed with wm6.1 original omnia rom i900DTHJ5 and the phone works 2 times faster

i really like manila 2d classic ,will the speed of my phone decrease again if i put it ?

(sorry for the english)

WM6.1 would be hard to beat in terms of speed, so you'll need to trade some speed for a more touch-friendly interface if you switch to M2D classic (or WM6.5 in fact)

how to put the key to unlock the bottom of the screen.

Hi which version are you using? I created a script inside the S2U2 folder inside Tools called Fix Softkey that can fix this.

Or you can download and run this script file.

PHONE:I900 DXID1

just this part I would like to replace. how do I do this

Hi, there are a few here Just run the exe just like how you flash roms.

I'm facing a VERY ODD issue, since few days ago...

I didn't (ever) set-up my i900 to be able and surfing in internet - I never want to do so... I though last week, to set this up; which I did.

The problem is... the phone's not stop CONNECTING via GPRS all the time, no matter what I did! I'm using DataCommand AND NoData (and I'm changing the Band to 900/1800 instandly after a flashing)... and now, I'm keep checking all the time to DISCONNECT the damn phone!!!

WHY'S THAT???

Do you have any weather update scripts running in the background? Also try checking your \windows\startup folder.

I'm getting a bad issue... First I'd like to point out that this is the best (BEST!) rom I've ever used. Really. I've tried a lot of them, and sometimes I thought I had found a rom that I could say "this is «the one»", but I can say that now.

However, after weeks and weeks of intensive use without a minimum bug, strange things happen with messaging.

When I receive a new message, most of the times I tap on the icon (either via S2U2 or via the home screen) and the message opens, ready for reply. But lately, some of the times (and mostly when I'm at the home screen), what happens is that, after tapping, the phone takes about 1 to 3 minutes to open the messaging... and is no use to reach for Showcase because that only opens as well after messaging opens. And this is getting me a little bugged, because I need to answer to SMS and I can't.... sometimes I have to click reset button to reset the phone, then tap for messaging and it takes long (if it even gets there) to open the message.

I've searched through this thread but found nothing on this.... could you please help me and save me, once this is the rom I love?

I'm looking into the showcase issue, seems disabling s2u2 fixes it, need to troubleshoot further. Btw, do yo have lots of messages?

Ahn

That volume control is from S2U2.

It is not turned on by default, so you have to turn it on yourself.

You can find it under "Phone" and turn on "Volume Control" and also "Incall Volume Control" and "Don't lock Volume Keys"

You may need to ensure that "Don't use Keyboard hook" is switched off.

Cheers

Learnt something new today from melburnian :huh:

Hey Dude,

Really thanks for this great ROM, this one is very fast and super reliable. This is my favourite one of all. I just have one issue. My wireless does not want to connect to any AP. It's just stuck at connecting all the time. Any idea?

I just have one issue. My wireless does not want to connect to any AP. It's just stuck at connecting all the time. Any idea?

Hmmm.. have you tried the operator settings trick on my second post?

hello i'm using rom 23118 and when i try write a sms on landscape the keyboard only occups 50% of the ecran.... there's any sollution for this?

THNKX

Hi, which version are you on, and which language are you typing on?

hello ock,

i wanna thank you for your WM6.5 ROMS that was really great (perfect for me !!! :rolleyes: )

hey ock if there possible to change the messaging to thread mode message ?

regards,

2ni

Actually, it's in threaded mode. You can also use FavHackings to change this.

Fix_SK.zip

Eclipse Build 23118 is a totally amazing rom release, I love the launch bar and all the features you have included. 10 out of 10!!! I think I'm going to stick with my omnia i900 for a little bit longer thanks to you OCK!

BTW I had some nightmeres trying to sync to my work laptop running xp with activesync 4.5, make sure to do the following and it will all be OK:

Start --> Settings --> Connections --> USB Connection Mode: ActiveSync.

Start --> Settings --> Connections --> USB to PC: Unchecked Enable advanced network functionality.

ActiveSync: When cradled Checked Synchronize all PCs using this connection: `USB Default. This seems to be a prerequisite for allowing *any* communication over ActiveSync,

Thanks for the comments. I don't use ActiveSync that often so thanks for this reference info :rolleyes:

I`m using titanium classic, it`s very good but slower than 6.1 roms and it have one issue - sms inbox is all messed up somethimes. And really slow. Optical scroll often wont work and when i delete message the field is clear, to sort messages in order i need to get out of inbox and than come back, really annoying

But believe me, this SMS thing is really bugging me.... this ROM works perfectly for me, it has everything I want, the way I want, but when it freezes like that and you desperatedly need to answer is actually frustrating... :angry:

I notice that sorting is mixed up when restoring from PIMBackup. That's why I use MyPhone nowadays.

Will try to fix sms issues in my next release.

can i get Manila Ultralite Rom......

Hi, it's quite hard to maintain and upload different versions, so unfortunately I don't think I'd have time to add another version :angry:

First of all, i agree with the user up there, Eclipse is the BEST rom ever.. My Omnia is always on and i had the same freezing... After a few "searching", i found out that this "freeze-thing" is related to the corruption of some files (some system files, some message files). At least in my omnia, even Manila crashes sometimes... So i found out that making a backup and running a flash every month solves my problem... But i do know that´s not "healthy" for my phone.

Could be a reason for the corruption of system files?

OCK: Man, you´re amazing, im´your fan!

PS: Sorry for the poor english, i´m from Brasil and i don´t practice too much...

Actually I flash many times a day when I'm cooking :D so it won't harm your phone. I'll try to see if I can fix the freezing issues.

Hi Ock,

I'm using your Manilla Classic Rom (Updated: 15th August 2010), for last 1 month.

I like the ROM very much, but there are few things which bother me, and I need your

expert advice/solution:

1) SMS M2D tab: The SMS alert numbers (1,2,3 ... ) that small green circle ... doesn't

go away, even after I navigate thru SMS.

To remove it, I have to .. click on "All Messages" ... and then open the entire message.

Only then it marks it as Read.

2) Power setting: This is very confusing. I have set the LCD to turn OFF after 10 seconds

under "Calling" tab.

But this setting gets removed ... as soon as I receive a Call (when my Phone is locked - s2u2).

It works fine ... if my phone is not locked (s2u2) ... and I receive a call.

3) s2u2: When my phone is locked via s2u2 ... and I receive call , I see 2 button ... Green (Accept),

Red (Reject). Even if I click on Green button... the call is not accepted, phone keeps on ringing.

To accept the call... I have to click on Green button first, and then hit Left button of my phone.

Also, directly hitting left button on phone...too doesn't work.

One request: How can I change the battery Icon (Green) ... to the default windows battery icon (white).

Thanks

Bob

1) Try this cab, you may need to reload TouchFLO. Basically it changes the preview delay from 2000 to 500.

2) Seems you have some pretty aggressive power saving settings :huh: S2U2 uses its own settings too, you may want to check it out under "Power" in S2U2 Settings.Try "lock when backlight turns off" or "lock on talk" if you like to conserve battery.

3) Under "Phone" in SU2U Settings, enable S2A Hard Answer, End key

Hey OCK, I just want to point out a few things I've noticed with you Eclipse ROM.

On the home screen the lock button on the bottom left of the screen actually goes to the dialer

When an alarm goes of (every morning for me) to disable it I first have to tap the screen in s2u2 to remove the message from screen, then slide the slider to unlock, click on the notifications bar (because nothing comes up), select the bell/notifications icon and then can I sneeze or dissmiss. Anyway to make this easier?

Email icons show there's a new message but infact there's not, I checked emails on computer and there is nothing new.

If the device has been in standby for a while (30min+), once I wake it up it sort of freezes for a few seconds and only then I can ulock it, I also feel like the s2u2 slider is 'too heavy' and being in the middle is kind of weird, but that is personal preference.

Also Wifi keep turning on by itself, I would wake up the device and it would be enabled.

Hi, try unzipping and running the script inside this file to fix the softkey. Eclipse should have the Fix Softkey tool inside the tools\s2u2 folder in the start menu, which does the same thing.

Hmm.. for alarms usually I have a dismiss and snooze option in S2U2 lockscreen, do u have these options on the slider?

For the email unread count, try installing this which just resets the counter back to 0

If S2U2 is causing problems for you, try removing its shortcut from \windows\startup.

Hi OCK, any free time to build 28244 AKU5310 Windows CE: 5.2 Build 5224 (Oct 24 2010 15:57:09) - Titanium-Premium version ?

This will suit SPB3.5.5 with DOC3000 DROID PRO+ by DOC3000 & MSKIP

Hi, I've some tests coming up so that will have to wait until next month.

yonn1981 is building one with that theme.

umm.. can anyone please tell me, where can i find manilla classic HOmescreen wallpaper?

i can't find it any where..

much appreciate :huh:

Hmm.. which build are you using? Traditionally my M2D classic builds use a blank black wallpaper :D

Hey OCK!

Can You transform your rom eclipse to polish language ?

Hi, unfortunately I don't have time to make non-English roms, sorry. :angry:

TouchFlo_SMS_Unread_Delay_Fix.cab

Reset_Email_Unread_Count.cab

Guest hitman1980
1) Try this cab, you may need to reload TouchFLO. Basically it changes the preview delay from 2000 to 500.

2) Seems you have some pretty aggressive power saving settings :rolleyes: S2U2 uses its own settings too, you may want to check it out under "Power" in S2U2 Settings.Try "lock when backlight turns off" or "lock on talk" if you like to conserve battery.

3) Under "Phone" in SU2U Settings, enable S2A Hard Answer, End key

Hi Ock,

Thanks for your prompt reply, but it doesn't solve my problem :huh:

1) I installed your "TouchFlo_SMS_Unread_Delay_Fix" cab file. But the message

still remains as unread. I have attached some screenshot.

There is one thing more I noticed. When I soft reset, and goto M2D SMS tab ... the Unread

counter goes away. But after that, if any SMS comes... the counter stays in place.

So there are only 2 possible ways for me to get rid of that counter:

I) Soft reset

OR

II) Goto "All Messages" option under M2D SMS tab ... go all the way to that particular

SMS ... open it, only then it is marked as READ.

Hope this help you in finding the root cause of the issue.

2) I tried to find s2u2 setting ... but there is no s2u2 option inside "Settings" or "tools".

May be you missed it in this build. If you have a cab that can bring back s2u2 setting

option ... that will be great.

3) Once again.., is there any cab file to restore the original battery icons of Windows 6.5 ?

You forget to reply on that in your last post :huh:

Thanks,

Bob

post-560599-1289727282_thumb.jpg

post-560599-1289727298_thumb.jpg

Edited by hitman1980

Hi Ock,

I just tried flashing with your rom my omnia, but during the flashing procedure, the green progressbar on the device won't move...

The process completes (the updater says Job Done!) but my omnia stays stuck on the omnia logo screen...

Please help, what should i do?

Well there is this problem with the fullscreen weather home icons... I cant get them to work.. It shows only the quarter of the hole weather icon how can i fix that? any suggestions?? Thaanks....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed.............................

Edited by o-w-a