Milestone rooting effort

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest janjan2
don't think so - the droid's boot.img will contain cdma stuff - we need gsm stuff

where to find a gsm stuff from? Some people are alredy use Milestones rom in Droids, maybe it help. We realy need to root this bad boy. According to motorola supportforums the update maybe ready in the end of january or in the middle of january.

Guest SeraphimSerapis
where to find a gsm stuff from? Some people are alredy use Milestones rom in Droids, maybe it help. We realy need to root this bad boy. According to motorola supportforums the update maybe ready in the end of january or in the middle of january.

the problem is, that they use a modified droid boot.img

that's what the devs write here: http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=252&t=809

boot.img: allmost all Droid OEM (2.0)

this is our problem :) there is no milestone boot.img because you need root permissions to make one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dayzee

I downloaded the system dump from the link, and it looks to be from a milestone. Here's what I have also found - The Facebook app from this dump was easily installed on my Uk milestone and works perfectly. The CarDock.apk also installed and appeared in my programs as Car Home with a nice little steering Wheel icon. :) I clicked and at first it didn't seem to work. However when I plug in to USB it magically works. A dandy little arch with Voice search, Navigation, contacts and stuff appears, all the links working fine, including Navigation as I applied the Google Navigation hack from another thread.

If this system dump is useful to you for rooting explorations, Paul, let me know and I will try to figure a way to upload it to my webspace for you to get - send me a PM B)

Dayzee

Guest janjan2

yes. I also downloaded the 2.1 system dump from the link. Looks like to be from a milstone. Faceook + CarDock works great. Now waiting to some one take a look on this system dump and do some magic to root our badboy. Hope paul will take look on it. Thanks :)

Guest Dayzee
don't we need the system folder to get the root?

That is exactly what this appears to be - a full dump of a system folder from a Motorola Milestone... :)

Certainly has xbin folder and in it the su file. B)

Dayzee

Guest MJ2332

There's nothing to do with that then? There's no way to obtain root? It's not an "official" fw?

Sorry for the questions (that probably you'll find "n00b" B)) but I'm new in the Android world :)

Guest babalouie
I downloaded the system dump from the link, and it looks to be from a milestone. Here's what I have also found - The Facebook app from this dump was easily installed on my Uk milestone and works perfectly. The CarDock.apk also installed and appeared in my programs as Car Home with a nice little steering Wheel icon. :) I clicked and at first it didn't seem to work. However when I plug in to USB it magically works. A dandy little arch with Voice search, Navigation, contacts and stuff appears, all the links working fine, including Navigation as I applied the Google Navigation hack from another thread.

If this system dump is useful to you for rooting explorations, Paul, let me know and I will try to figure a way to upload it to my webspace for you to get - send me a PM B)

Dayzee

can you share the three apps, facebook, car mode and dock please. Thanks

Guest akex054

Looked at the framework-res.apk to see if it's not a fake.

Well, the unlock screen looks like the android 2.0 one and not like 2.1. Just look at jog_dial_bg.png. Kinda strange ...

Guest MJ2332

On androidiani.com the Admin analized the file and he said that the build has for date the 11/11/2009.

Is it possible that Motorola has got the update tons of weeks before his appereance? In November even the DROID wasn't already out...

Guest Hoilun

i through if we have the 2.0.1 dump, then should be able to root....

Isn't this what happend to droid?

or is it coz this is not the "offical" update, so nothing can be done?

hey guys.you know what?!barely doesn't know the focus bug of milestone's camera.but now someone has found that has been soluted!if you had selected the option-auto update(SETTING>ABOUT PHONE>AUTO SYSTEM CHECK),it would be done!even though it shows that no connexion.have a nice try,guys!

this means what?can we root it?

Guest bluemoko
hey guys.you know what?!barely doesn't know the focus bug of milestone's camera.but now someone has found that has been soluted!if you had selected the option-auto update(SETTING>ABOUT PHONE>AUTO SYSTEM CHECK),it would be done!even though it shows that no connexion.have a nice try,guys!

this means what?can we root it?

what do you mean? i didn't get you have achieve? What is done after you select "auto update" ?

what do you mean? i didn't get you have achieve? What is done after you select "auto update" ?

you would do nothing but select SETTING>ABOUT PHONE>AUTO SYSTEM CHECK.

then you just need to wait .. this will solute the camera problem.

Edited by whyhz

Guest Hoilun
you would do nothing but select SETTING>ABOUT PHONE>AUTO SYSTEM CHECK.

then you just need to wait .. this will solute the camera problem.

Then what does this have to do with rooting? I'm Sorry but i am a bite confuse here