Media Player Library Search

Is there any way to limit the paths that the Samsung Media Player searches when searching for audio and video files? It seems to find every audio clip on the device (including default ringtones, etc)...I'd like the ability to specify a couple of paths to search in, rather than the entire device. Is this possible?

Is there any way to limit the paths that the Samsung Media Player searches when searching for audio and video files? It seems to find every audio clip on the device (including default ringtones, etc)...I'd like the ability to specify a couple of paths to search in, rather than the entire device. Is this possible?

I am afraid that there isn't. One good thing about Touch Player that used to be on Omnia i900 that there was an option to delete unwanted files it is not anymore on I8000.

One thing that you should do is to delete PlayerAutoUpdate shortcut from \windows\startup\ folder, then it won't try to detect any new files automatically and show it when you start your media player.

I wrote a small application that you can clean the database that is created by media player. You can modify album art - assign one picture for all songs in the album. Media Player creates a picture for each song. If you want to try it, it is attached to this post. It is not finished but it was good enough for my purposes, so I left it as it is. You can put this file anywhere you want, and run it. Or you can create shortcut to it and put in Start menu. There are no instructions with it, could never get to doing it. 

In setting you can assign three paths to the folders where you keep your music/video. I thought three folders was enough. When you do automatic clean up it will only leave references to those files. 

When you run it, you will see on top three databases and on the bottom the contents of those databases. On the bottom part it shows only description of the album and number of songs in it.

You can double click on the album (or select and option from the menu) and you will see the list of all songs.

When the first database is selected, you can select an album, that you want to delete and press delete and it will delete all information from the database and album art created by Media Player. 

You can change album art. This will create one file with the name that you want (you need to have an album art picture created by Media Player) and delete all other files.

If you have a lot of music files try not use option 'show all' it will populate the list with all the files. I haven't checked if it is going to crash, but it may.

It won't delete your music files, so if something goes wrong, only database is going to be corrupted. You can always do update music running Media Player and you will get your database again.

Edit:

Replaced exe with a cab

DB_TPlayer.Arm.CAB

Edited by wes58

Wow...that's amazing that they would leave that so...unrefined. It even picks up mp3 files in \Program Files\ from games I have installed...it's just...

Thank you for your reponse. I'm leaving for a flight shortly, so I don't have time to give your tool a spin but I'll check out out later.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest acastiyo

Hello,

I have been having a look at this issue in touch player, and I wasn't able to change the folders it uses. I have tried to use wes program, but it doesn't work on the phone, it tries to load but the program doesn't show up.

Do you have a new version of the program wes? Do we need anything additional to be able to run it?

Thank you very much for the program anyway.

So I popped it in a .cab which I thought I'd post, but on installation and running, nothing seems to happen, am I missing something? I like the sound of this but maybe I cabbed it up wrong? I always use this app for making cabs which is just great and so easy to use you should all try it. Any way lets see what develops. :)

Edited by Uboy

So I popped it in a .cab which I thought I'd post, but on installation and running, nothing seems to happen, am I missing something? I like the sound of this but maybe I cabbed it up wrong? I always use this app for making cabs which is just great and so easy to use you should all try it. Any way lets see what develops. :)

You can try this.

Edit:

Updated cab - fixed issue with changes in settings not being saved.

DB_TPlayer.Arm.CAB

Edited by wes58

I wrote a small application that you can clean the database that is created by media player. 

In setting you can assign three paths to the folders where you keep your music/video. 

Hi

tks for the aplication. but... when i try to past my own folder like this (\minha memoria\musica\ ) (im from portugal ) and save ghe back to \my storage\.... and don't keep the new path i put on it.

can you resolve this please tks.

Hi

tks for the aplication. but... when i try to past my own folder like this (\minha memoria\musica\ ) (im from portugal ) and save ghe back to \my storage\.... and don't keep the new path i put on it.

can you resolve this please tks.

Thanks for finding it out. I updated the cab in post #6. If you find something else let me know.

Guest silencer22
You can try this.

Edit:

Updated cab - fixed issue with changes in settings not being saved.

hi bro

it is a nice app to have

but i realise ur app will crash wif the library contains unicode characters, could you enable unicode support for your app?

thx

hi bro

it is a nice app to have

but i realise ur app will crash wif the library contains unicode characters, could you enable unicode support for your app?

thx

This was written for library (EDB Database) created by TouchPlayer (Media Player) and it doesn't contain unicode characters (as far as I know, and I just checked as well) so i am not sure what application you try to use it with that it has unicode characters? Maybe it crashes for some other reason? What are you trying to do?

This was written for library (EDB Database) created by TouchPlayer (Media Player) and it doesn't contain unicode characters (as far as I know, and I just checked as well) so i am not sure what application you try to use it with that it has unicode characters? Maybe it crashes for some other reason? What are you trying to do?

i need to it better. but a first look, he still getting some files i don't want in my librarie, like the files in audionotes.

i need to it better. but a first look, he still getting some files i don't want in my librarie, like the files in audionotes.

I am not really sure what you are saying. You can delete any files that you don't want to be left in the library. If you like you can post your Touch Player database file from Application Data folder and I can have a look at it.

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

The .cab didn't work for me.

The app icon was created on programs folder, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

Does it need mortscript to run?

The .cab didn't work for me.

The app icon was created on programs folder, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

Does it need mortscript to run?

No it doesn't need mortscript. Try to click on the DB_TPlayer.exe in the folder where it is installed. Maybe the shortcut is not working properly.

Guest Hiroshi.Rio

Dude, thanks for your reply, but did not work yet.

I have tried to install at storage card, my storage and c: but no success.

In fact, the app seems going to run (and I think it really runs, 'cos changed some albuns on my TouchplayerDB), but the app close by itself and no options or screen appears.

And TouchPlayerImage folder still remains.

pccapture1.th.png pccapture1.th.png

Guest silencer22

hi there, i'm using touchplayer still..

i hav tested the ur app once wif few english songs added to the library and everyting works well..

but after adding korean n chinese songs, ur app juz crash upon starting up.. so my guess is tt ur app is unable to fetch those korean/chinese songs titles...

ps, those songs r located in non-english folders either..

initially there were only 10+ songs, but now there are hundreds over, with many non-english songs..

hope tt helps identifying the problem =)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hiperjp

Many thanks wes58 for this great idea!. Usefull app.

I have a few bugs with latest version. I have entered 2 folders in Settings (one for Music and another for Videos), but the player still adding ALL media files that it finds. Any ideas.?

Please continue improving this App!

Edited by hiperjp

Guest Ender Psp
will this work on the media player??? i am not into touch player but im hoping windows media player is supported......? thanx

This is for Touch Player only.

Wes, any update, please? :)

Many thanks wes58 for this great idea!. Usefull app.

I have a few bugs with latest version. I have entered 2 folders in Settings (one for Music and another for Videos), but the player still adding ALL media files that it finds. Any ideas.?

Please continue improving this App!

The Media Player will add all the files.

With my application you can 'clean' those files, delete unwanted files and leave only the ones that you specify in the settings. Hopefully this works for you.

You can't do anything with Media Player - unfortunatelly - you should disable auto updated (delete shorcut from start up)

i'm not able to run you app, it gives me a windows error running secanys ja5 rom do you have a fix? i tried running from start menu and the program files it just hangs and i get a windows error 2 minutes later.

i'm not able to run you app, it gives me a windows error running secanys ja5 rom do you have a fix? i tried running from start menu and the program files it just hangs and i get a windows error 2 minutes later.

I have just tried it (starting and stopping a few time) and don't have any problems. I even enabled error reporting to see if I get anything but it runs ok.

What error do you get?

Guest hiperjp
The Media Player will add all the files.

With my application you can 'clean' those files, delete unwanted files and leave only the ones that you specify in the settings. Hopefully this works for you.

You can't do anything with Media Player - unfortunatelly - you should disable auto updated (delete shorcut from start up)

I guess that the way for to do this is selecting SMP_MEDIA_LIBRARY, right?, but while the application is populating the list, it simply quits.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by hiperjp

Guest kydkylin
I guess that the way for to do this is selecting SMP_MEDIA_LIBRARY, right?, but while the application is populating the list, it simply quits.

Thanks for your help!

Here's the steps how I use it.

1.install the cab;

2.run the program"Touch Player database", menu->settings,edit the 3 folder path where you put your media ,then press "save";

3.then select the SMP_MEDIA_PLAYLIST,press menu->Clean Database;

4.close the program.

now enter the samsung touch player, you'll see it only shows the media in the your selected path(in step 2.)

May my reply will give you some help.

Thanks wes58 again for the great tool!!! :)

Edited by kydkylin