Setting up voicemail

Guest pete.major

Guest pete.major

Hi guys,

I'm on O2.

When I put in my SIM, the Acer seemed to set itself up so I didn't need to do anything APN etc.

However, the voicemail is not setup. I googled o2 voicemail and the number is 901. I can call that and it works fine.

But if I put 901 in Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail a message comes up with "call setting error - voicemail number change unsuccessful"

Anyone have any advice on how to sort this out please?

Thanks.

Guest scrap2434
Hi guys,

I'm on O2.

When I put in my SIM, the Acer seemed to set itself up so I didn't need to do anything APN etc.

However, the voicemail is not setup. I googled o2 voicemail and the number is 901. I can call that and it works fine.

But if I put 901 in Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail a message comes up with "call setting error - voicemail number change unsuccessful"

Anyone have any advice on how to sort this out please?

Thanks.

I have the same issue mate. I have just set up a shortcut to my voicemail using anycut for now.

Doing a quick google search and there is a few hits on this, looks like an android issue as opposed to an Acer issue...

Guest MrVanes

I just posted this in the 'Acer Support Sucks' thread, but this is more appropriate I guess:

I have the same (voicemail number) problem with my Liquid on Vodafone, Netherlands and I think it has something to do with the SIM itself. The Liquid (or Android in general) wants to store the voicemailnumber on a reserved location on the SIM just like the subscriber number, but I start to suspect that not all SIM's have this voicemail location. My SIM card is quite old and survived several contract updates and migrations (I guess it's 8 years old now). Might that form a clue?

I suspect that when I'd ask Vodafone for a replacement SIM the voicemail problem would be solved and I will do that after my Liquid has returned from exchange (which is a different story altogether).