No mention of the Nexus One on here...?

Guest worcester4x4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lukeyboymac
Is no one interested?

Does no one have a view?

I think this will be my next phone. Jumping ship from winmo after owning lots of devices from the orignal SPV upwards. I like the google model of open software rather than being locked down like apple or totally underdeveloped like winmo. Will be interested to see the pricing of this one. There seems to be conflicting stories about it. I really do hope it's sold via the net only and then you choose a carrier. 18 month contracts are a nightmare and I couldn't comprehend a 24 month contract. Nexus one, PAYG, sold at slightly above cost so google get a massive place in the market would suit. And if it's by invetation only as some sites are suggesting, can someone please send me one :)

Guest squirreleater

Well, the twitter feeds lit up this evening as first Tmob slipped out that they would be supporting a Google sold phone very soon, followed by a string of posts about an invite to an 'Android event' at Googles house on the 5th of Jan.

So, Looks like it will be official on the 5th, hopefully we will be able to buy very soon after- Hurrah!

< Thanks to pretty well all the blogs/forums etc for this info>

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/12/29/...ng-january-5th/

Guest squirreleater
Well, the twitter feeds lit up this evening as first Tmob slipped out that they would be supporting a Google sold phone very soon, followed by a string of posts about an invite to an 'Android event' at Googles house on the 5th of Jan.

So, Looks like it will be official on the 5th, hopefully we will be able to buy very soon after- Hurrah!

< Thanks to pretty well all the blogs/forums etc for this info>

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/12/29/...ng-january-5th/

Might as well add from what I know so far, all rumours, but to date they have been accurate.

Google launch phone- correct.

5th Jan - correct.

T mobile- correct.

Cheap, rumoured to be $199 ( abour £150 -we can wish!)

Unlocked- looking likely.

Eventually T mobile will offer it on contract I'm sure as a reward for supporting Android.

The specification is out there- unofficially- 1g snapdragon, 512 ram, 3.7" screen 5mp camera with flash, basically a top end phone- nothing else out there hardware wise to beat it.

I'll be getting one as soon as I can, providing it doesn't turn out to be a slow pile of pooh!

Guest lukeyboymac

Hopefully we won't be stiched up like we were over here with the droid.

Just realised I must have the lowest post count ever for the period of time I've read here...

Guest squirreleater

Just realised I must have the lowest post count ever for the period of time I've read here...

One a year, steady now!

Guest duke748

Think my ratio is worse < 1 a year :)