PDAVIET -Rom Cook I8000 WM6.5 ROM 24/12/2009

Guest Tiny1990

Guest sonblack
whats new on this updated ROM? flashed yesterday and seems fast and stable, thanks

Only change PagePool and adjust some problems in previous rom! Not change more because I need to improve it!

Thanks

Edited by sonblack

Only change PagePool and adjust some problems in previous rom! Not change more because I need to improve it!

Thanks

thank u for the quick reply, going to give it a try.

Guest monyozt

Thanks

bro can u remove main menu also make default titanium style? because wm 7 theme that you cook on this rom is old version, so chero clock doesn't complitable

post-497070-1261070767_thumb.png

Guest thanesvorn
Yes, you're right!

I will fix it in updated ROM.

Thanks for your interest here! ;)

Thanks

Thanks. Anyway, I did re-install the Titanium version that work when I use another ROM and now I can run the CHomeEditor.

Another question, do you know how to make the CAppointment to show TouchCalendar (SS calendar) rather than MS calendar?

Guest redzone321
Thanks. Anyway, I did re-install the Titanium version that work when I use another ROM and now I can run the CHomeEditor.

Another question, do you know how to make the CAppointment to show TouchCalendar (SS calendar) rather than MS calendar?

Credit to gchris7

You can edit this path on the registry: HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/rai/msclock. Replace the clock.exe with "\windows\tclock.exe" on string 1. You can do that for the calendar aswell. Works like a charm. ;)

HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/rai/MSCALENDAR

You need to replace: :MSPOUTLOOK calendar with: "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next

P.S. With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next it takes you to the current day.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /all it takes you to your next appointment.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /new it takes you to the appointment creation screen

Choose one...

Guest sonblack

I do it alreadey! Don't worry!

I understand what you said! ;)

I dumped the original rom with WWE from device so some settings are install from CSC is I don't know.

I found some small errors and fix it because this is the first time Samsung Company in Vietnam support me a I8000 for cooking.

Thank you so much for your feedback here.

Edited by sonblack

I dumped the original rom with WWE from device so some settings are install from CSC is I don't know.

I found some small errors and fix it because this is the first time Samsung Company in Vietnam support me a I8000 for cooking.

wow, that sounds good.....a free i8000 for cooking? ;) so all of us just bacame Samsung's beta testers, i do hope Samsung can give us an explaination or a way to get more RAM.

Guest Khuanchai

Hi sonblack,

Do you relocate the dump before packing? If so, what relocation program are you using? Would you mind to share?

Guest sonblack
Hi sonblack,

Do you relocate the dump before packing? If so, what relocation program are you using? Would you mind to share?

Hi khuanchai,

Up to now, I still haven't the way for relocating if we want to upgrade new build! ;)

Only way now is have to recmod them.

I also find more in 4pda.ru but not more about I8000 up to now.

Guest thanesvorn
Credit to gchris7

You can edit this path on the registry: HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/rai/msclock. Replace the clock.exe with "\windows\tclock.exe" on string 1. You can do that for the calendar aswell. Works like a charm. ;)

HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/rai/MSCALENDAR

You need to replace: :MSPOUTLOOK calendar with: "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next

P.S. With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next it takes you to the current day.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /all it takes you to your next appointment.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /new it takes you to the appointment creation screen

Choose one...

Thanks redzone321. It work well for clock!!! but the calendar I got a white screen when try to run calendar after softreset.

Guest thanesvorn
Thanks redzone321. It work well for clock!!! but the calendar I got a white screen when try to run calendar after softreset.

It work now, i did type a mistake ;) sorry for that. But to let you know, it only work for "/next" tip only. I got white screen for "/all" one.

Guest monkeyzz

Great Rom. For the next ROM can you keep the File Manager from SS which it seem to be more finger friendly than MS File Explorer. Thanks

Edited by monkeyzz

Thank you for the PDAVIET rom!

(I was flashing PDAVIET roms on my P3300 and I was very satisfied)

I tried to flash the PDA part only, but no success...

After the procedure "writing PDA to flash", it stucks and I get "PDA Fail" message..

Perhaps I downloaded corrupted files? (I've downloaded the rom files 2-3 times, because winrar could not extract the files. Only the last - 3rd time of download could be the files extracted).

Do someone have the same problem? Do you suggest anything?

Guest forelli

Hi sonblack, any news of a wm 6.5.3 rom for I8000 from pdaviet?

Guest sonblack
Great Rom. For the next ROM can you keep the File Manager from SS which it seem to be more finger friendly than MS File Explorer. Thanks

Yes, exactly! Now it (File Manager from SS) is still in the ROM, you can make shortcut for it! ;)

Next, I will! Thanks!

Guest mishari84
Hi sonblack, any news of a wm 6.5.3 rom for I8000 from pdaviet?

+1

and when will you upload a newer release?

Edited by mishari84

Guest Antonyart

Hi... wanted to say that its great Rom found out that even though it doesnt have as much ram free as other Roms Lite...

it handles programs great and i can open more than 6-7 including opera 10, destinator 7 , word, exel, Sygic maps, media player with 900mb movie etc...

A problem i have on the other hand and dont know how to solve it is that i disabled threated sms cause i didnt see anything in sms. now that

i see my sms when i press on one it goes to it, it shows from who it is but the main body is missing its like 30-40 line more down and i have to

scroll to see it.... is there something to fix it?

post-455349-1261134480_thumb.jpg

post-455349-1261134489_thumb.jpg

post-455349-1261134511_thumb.jpg

^ I flashed the PDA part only and it works for me. I unzipped with 7Zip, you should try that. ;)

Thank you, but if I unzip with 7z, the NB0 file is zero (0) content...! and octans does not recognize it.

EDIT: Are the archves - part1 43,9 MB and part2 67,3 MB?

Every time I dowload a different size archive for every part 1-2. I have part1 85,5MB, 43,9MB, 87,8MB and part2 68,9Mb. What is happening and why this from 4shared? What can I do?

Edited by caldo

Guest sonblack

The problem you said fixed already.

Here the links of update files date Dec 19, 2009 (only PDA.nb0):

Part 1: http://www.4shared.com/file/176609885/b77a...blackpart1.html

Part 2: http://www.4shared.com/file/176642711/4808...blackpart2.html

Pass for uncompress: Sonblack

Please download and flash again! ;)

Edited by sonblack

Guest monyozt
The problem you said fixed already.

Here the links of update files date Dec 19, 2009 (only PDA.nb0):

Part 1: http://www.4shared.com/file/176609885/b77a...blackpart1.html

Part 2: http://www.4shared.com/file/176642711/4808...blackpart2.html

Please download and flash again! ;)

maybe you can make new thread bro as u as thread started, so is easy for you to update you ROM information or ROM fix link.. as this TS is tiny, so you've to wait until he update his post.. ;)

i'll try your ROM ;)