[ROM] WM 6.1_IJ3_HTC Sense 2.1 Lite ROM with BT voice dialing (Thai/Eng)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest Khuanchai

WM 6.1 i8000KC Lite ROM with BT voice dialing (Thai/Eng version)

I intended to make this Lite ROM for my own use and for Thai users especially in the PDAMobiz i8000 board. However, I think it would be better if it is useful for non-Thai.

16 Dec 2009: First i8000KC21872BT Lite version

ROM specifications:

- ROM based WM 6.1 build 21006

- OEM mostly from newest WM 6.5 ROM

- NetCF 3.5

- Preserved: many Samsung programs that I like

- Removed: Online Widget, ringtones, images, Main menu, Adobereader, Connected Home, Filemanager, Games, Help, keyboard other than Thai/Eng (Samsung KBD preserved), Midomi, tcalendar, onenote, Podcast, RSS reader, smart search, smartmemo, smartsync, Taskswitcher, themes, Video editor,Samsung SMS-MMS, and youtube

- Added: Thai regional settings and some freewares: Contactfix, Memory, Poweroptions, GSfinder, SIP change, Screencapture, Security warnings, some modified registries, and Cyberon Voice speed dial

Screenshots:

post-201908-1260966958_thumb.png post-201908-1260966978_thumb.png

post-201908-1260966987_thumb.png post-201908-1260966995_thumb.png

16 Mar 2010: i8000IJ3_Sense_2.1 Lite ROM with BT voice dialing

ROM specifications:

- ROM based WM 6.1 IJ3 build 21006

- HTC Sense 2.1 (not fully functional)

- OEM from WM 6.1 IJ3 ROM

- New Start Menu from T*Omnia2 ROM (http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizon-sch-i920-omnia-ii-http-i8000-modaco-com/304049/t-omnia2s-very-smooth-mainmenu-its-like-iphone-attached-mainmenu-exe-file/)

- NetCF 3.5

- Office mobile 10

- Preserved: many Samsung programs that I like including Original Samsung ScreenLock

- Removed: Online Widget, ringtones, images, Main menu, Adobereader, Connected Home, Filemanager, Games, Help, keyboard other than Thai/Eng (Samsung KBD preserved), Midomi, tcalendar, onenote, Podcast, RSS reader, smart search, smartmemo, smartsync, Taskswitcher, themes, Video editor,Samsung SMS-MMS, and youtube

- Added: Contactfix, Memory, Poweroptions, GSfinder, SIP change, Screencapture, Security warnings, some modified registries, and Cyberon Voice speed dial

Screenshots:

post-201908-1268749836_thumb.png post-201908-1268749854_thumb.png

post-201908-1268749871_thumb.png post-201908-1268749889_thumb.png

post-201908-1268749910_thumb.png post-201908-1268749939_thumb.png

Download link:

1. i8000KC21006 Lite

2. i8000_IJ3_Sense_2.1

Note:

- This is a Lite version. Don't expect >200 MB storage memory like RFD's UltraLite ROM. ;)

- Most safe if you flash with sorg's Octans mini and use this nb0 file only.

- This ROM can be used with English and Thai CSC only. If you have deleted your old CSC, please flash it back. Note the Thai/Eng Keyboard when you use Thai CSC. I believe Samsung Keyboard will exist if you use English CSC.

- The only reason I use Rapidshare for upload is I'm a premium user. I have plenty of space and links can retain foreever as long as there is someone downloading. Most importantly, you don't have to wait a second to download like other free website. I usually monitor my downloads so it would be nice to avoid mirrors. However, I allow mirrors but will not update them here.

Thanks to:

- secany for ROM upload

- rodrigofd and wes who initiated this customized ROM project

- pako777 for his great i900executor

- gig and those Chinese cookers for first ROM customization and tools

- sorg for his dump tool and information

- PDAMobiz ROM Tool Developer (mrtoto)

- All PDAMobiz ROM Cookers:

chan , ruchonburi , hong2101 , หมอpee , Marut , pairojn , , Keng230 , undetect , khuanchai , Teeh , wasan007 , tee+ , somphon_r , Ton-nahm , belt001 , doydoy9 , IamX , kaew1995 , pairach , Bordintoon , I-Mono-I , kahuna , dorara , lomlom , xtraart , pig , xenon_art , onizza , Dong_Bang_Ka_Pi , xolono , Som7128 , neogin , draran , kamolsf , nabsk , recoba , obi-wan , greendoor , pawaj , kornp , nathawoots , tcvaio

Sorry if I missed someone. Just write to me and I'll add names. ;)

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest Khuanchai

CABs for restoration of some i8000 Samsung programs.

This is not for every customized ROM. There may be some more files or registries removed by ROM cookers. I haven't tested these CABs as well. Please try if it works for your phone or not and post the results.

1. SMS-MMS (New from JA1)

2. Phonebook (New from JA1)

3. Adobe Reader (New from JA1)

4. Video Editor (New from JA1)

5. 3-column StartMenu By monyozt

6. Smart Memo by KSTAN

7. Midomi by KSTAN

8. Samsung Clock by powser

9. Calendar by powser

10. Dice by powser

11. Cyberon Voice Speed Dial

12. taskbar icon posted by whiskeybro

13. Free Ram Tweak posted by whiskeybro

14. File to correct Degree character in Titanium Weather Copy this file to replace the old one in /windows.

15. Default Titanium

16. Chinese keyboard input posted by Andrewtan

Thanks everyone for CABs.

Edited by Khuanchai

What about Samsung dialer? Did you remove it too?

And (if it`s not a secret) which original ROM(s) it is based on?

I`ve flashed my I8000 with IG7(only PDA, phone - IL1), switched off Samsung TouchWiz, Samsung dialer, Samsung SMS/MMS, and already have ~105Mb of free RAM...

IMHO on this device, you have to point your efforts to discover how to change the amount of reserved RAM.

Just a suggestion...

Thanks for your work!

Edited by evc12

Guest Khuanchai
What about Samsung dialer? Did you remove it too?

And (if it`s not a secret) which original ROM(s) it is based on?

I`ve flashed my I8000 with IG7(only PDA, phone - IL1), switched off Samsung TouchWiz, Samsung dialer, Samsung SMS/MMS, and already have ~105Mb of free RAM...

IMHO on this device, you have to point your efforts to discover how to change the amount of reserved RAM.

Just a suggestion...

Thanks for your work!

- I didn't remove Samsung dialer, just disable it.

- Based ROM IH5, OEM IL2

- Agree, we usually get more storage space but cannot expect much more free RAM from cooking. It's not possible to restore reserved RAM so far. Hope someone can find out soon. Anyway, I think 100 MB RAM is more than enough for normal use.

Sorry for slow upload. My connection is quite slow today.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest eckyst77

Hi Khuanchai,

I am not sure if you face the same issue.

I do face this problem in WM6.5

Using the default WM dialer, I used another phone to call my i8000, it takes almost 1.5 to 2 seconds before the screen alert comes on.

Using the Samsung dialer, the screen alert is instant, the moment the caller hears the ring tone.

imo, instant ring alert is important ;)

Guest Mr Man2003

Thanks a lot Khuanchai, I've been waiting for this one since I got the device ;)

I'll be testing it, but I also hope you would release a new one with TF3D built-in ;)

Can you pleaase cook one based on I1 or J3?

Very big thanks for your time and effort...

Edited by Mr Man2003

Guest Antonyart

Hi... Tried the Rom and its absolutely the fastest Rom iv seen so far... only miss wm 6.5 start menu... ;)

Ram after flashing -- 100mb after enabling Samsung dialer and installing resco explorer opera 10beta -- 92 - 93 Mb

everything works perfect... Thanks.... once more...

can we downgrade to this rom

even though we have updated to the secany 6.5 rom the latest one?

i have updated the eboot and phone part as well cause i just update he pda with this?

Guest Khuanchai
When you cook rom wm6.1 multilanguage?

Can you post cab installation of program removed?

Thanks

We have some problems with multi-language ROM so it's easier to go with single-language ROM. I need some time to make CABs.

Guest Khuanchai
can we downgrade to this rom

even though we have updated to the secany 6.5 rom the latest one?

i have updated the eboot and phone part as well cause i just update he pda with this?

You can flash with PDA only.

Guest Mr Man2003

Thanks a lot Khuanchai,

Just flashed my device with this ROM... It is the fastest ROM I ever used with my i8000... Installed TF3D v1.3 and working like charm ;)

I don't like WM6.5 since it is slower than WM6.1 and reserve lots of memory...

Keep up the good work with WM6.1, I'll be waiting for ur next WM6.1 ROM ;)

Edited by Mr Man2003

Guest Khuanchai
Thanks a lot Khuanchai,

Just flashed my device with this ROM... It is the fastest ROM I ever used with my i8000... Installed Manila 2D and working like charm ;)

Thanks for trying my ROM and glad you like it. ;)

My next plan is to find a newer build to make a customized ROM. ;) Anyone who finds it please post me the link.

Guest Dr.Abo Fahad
Thanks a lot Khuanchai,

Just flashed my device with this ROM... It is the fastest ROM I ever used with my i8000... Installed Manila 2D and working like charm ;)

Manilla 2D ????!!!!!!!!! Are You Sure . I dislike Manilla 3D 1.3 - Although great thanx to the great chainfire - and I used to have Omina I900 M2D the latest one was amazing on it . I thought that It would be better to have it again in our I8000 , so I searched but unfortionately only VGA , QVGA , WQVGA - the one modified by Mr. Sector were there and nothing for our WVGA devices ?!!!!!!!

What makes it worse is that is the ram issue along with 6.5 !!!!!!

More Worse Sense 2.5 won't work on 6.1 ;)

KC , I always believe that " Thank You " will not be enough ;)

One Q :- I have CSC I8000XSGIJ4, can I flash only the nb0 i,e. the PDA part ?!

Thank You

Guest Mr Man2003
Manilla 2D ????!!!!!!!!! Are You Sure . I dislike Manilla 3D 1.3

You are right ;), it is TF3D v1.3 I used with the ROM not 2D ;), sorry for the mistake... corrected the first post ;) Thanks alot...