[ROM] WM 6.5.5 i8000 ROM with BT voice dialing (Thai/Eng version)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest Khuanchai
I just tested. It works fine without any CSC flashed.

First impressions:

-6.5.3 start menu can drag icons around!

-Samsung dialer can be installed with my cab, but has an ugly scrollbar (mentioned before somewhere)

-MMS icon in threaded msg is much bigger O_O?

-Samsung Volume still exist

-Needs registry edit for button rotation

-Samsung keyboard > : (

FYIs to common questions.

-no samsung SMS inside (yay).

-No SRSWOWHD (yay, I can install myself if needed ;)).

-Samsung digital frame,album,clock,volume,settings,audionote,touchplayer,calculator exist

-Samsung dialer removed

In fact, Samsung dialer is just disabled. You don't need to install it, just edit the registry to enable as needed.

perfect there is no opera 9.5 anymore

Thanks. Forgot to mention this.

So desperate to test, I still downloading, actually re-download, I at home now and is using that lousy Maxis broadband, nearly 99% files from rapidshare (I am premium owner) I download using Maxis broadband always getting file corrupted!

If still failure, I think I can only wait till tomorrow download again at Office.

Why!!! Malaysia broadband is suck! haizz!!! TMnet streamyx (the main one) is lousy but at no choice since it is considered the best among others. Hope one day, at least in Malaysia can get such speed like in Singapore. (Like Singapore I already damn happy, no need like in Japan, my friend in Japan can finish download a 4GB data in less than 40mins! 4GB lei!)

Have you tried some download accellerator programs. I think flashget is great and free.

Edited by Khuanchai

ขอบคุณอาจารย์ครับ Thank for Master

ผมจะลองดูครับ I will try later

Guest darkworldzz

just flashed it.. so far so good...

jus a problem... any1 knows how to change the keyboard?? i wna change to swype as now theres no more arrow by the side..

--edit--

realised how to change after all... just hold on the keyboard button to change.. silly me.. ;)

Edited by darkworldzz

In fact, Samsung dialer is just disabled. You don't need to install it, just edit the registry to enable as needed.

Thanks. Forgot to mention this.

Have you tried some download accellerator programs. I think flashget is great and free.

hoho,you use flashget? it's a good downloader. I used before.

But now I use Xunlei, the better tool than flashget. You can try:)

Guest bouboule

i download and try your ROM

Thanks for your work

No problem for the flash. Memory 200 Mb ! Great !

Little problem on bottom bar which is above the task bar in Resco Explorer (we had the same problems, the first times with the Omnia 1 Roms

Guest Montgommery

Hello Khuanchai,

many thanks for this christmas gift :c)

Yes, I have problems with CSC file, as you have mentioned. If i flash your ROM with CSC_I8000NXXIL2.CSC, then every boot ends with a black screen. So i have reflashed with CSC_I8000HZHIH6.CSC file, and the phone boots without problems.

With CSC_I8000HZHIH6.CSC i have following situation:

If i use english, all works fine. But if i go into "settings" - "regional settings", and choose "german", then the mobile phone will reboot with a black screen. Are you able to make your ROM compatible to CSC_I8000NXXIL2.CSC?

Or do you think it makes sense to flash L2 ROM with CSC_I8000NXXIL2.CSC, and after this reflash with your ROM without CSC file only?

Guest protochip

Dear Friends,

I am facing screen positioning problems... I have just realized that; when i check touch sensivity with *#0*# service menu from phone tab, i see the screen position is around 10 pixels higher than normal position. Anybody can check and report the bug? Also this bug causes resco explorer toolbars showing under the task bar...

Kind regards.

Guest Piter1225
Dear Friends,

I am facing screen positioning problems... I have just realized that; when i check touch sensivity with *#0*# service menu from phone tab, i see the screen position is around 10 pixels higher than normal position. Anybody can check and report the bug? Also this bug causes resco explorer toolbars showing under the task bar...

Kind regards.

Check out e-natives position fix

Guest AndrewTan

Hi, KC,

Few question:

- How to send MMS? Do you might make a cab for installing back Samsung SMS-MMS (I ready like it, or any great MMS program for replacement?)

- How to restore back Samsung Dial pad? (is ok I found it, but the bar in side is damn ugly, I use Resco Contact Manager now)

- How to switch back the Start Menu from 4 bar back to 3 bar?

Overall this ROM is nearly perfect, the only problem I found so far is clicking the X button not closing the application.

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest protochip
Check out e-natives position fix

Dear Piter1225,

Thanks for the suggestion. We must add all the windows and apps to this reg hack to make them normal positioning but this is so hard to do. There must be a way on rom level to correct this issue. Because of this bug, also screen alignment cant be done as expected... Thanks again.

King regards.

Guest monyozt
Hello Khuanchai,

many thanks for this christmas gift :c)

Yes, I have problems with CSC file, as you have mentioned. If i flash your ROM with CSC_I8000NXXIL2.CSC, then every boot ends with a black screen. So i have reflashed with CSC_I8000HZHIH6.CSC file, and the phone boots without problems.

With CSC_I8000HZHIH6.CSC i have following situation:

If i use english, all works fine. But if i go into "settings" - "regional settings", and choose "german", then the mobile phone will reboot with a black screen. Are you able to make your ROM compatible to CSC_I8000NXXIL2.CSC?

Or do you think it makes sense to flash L2 ROM with CSC_I8000NXXIL2.CSC, and after this reflash with your ROM without CSC file only?

im running I8000NXXIL2.CSC and i don;t have any issue at all

Guest Michael Pang
calendar is in my thread.

dialer most probably can't be fixed.

mms works with arcsoft mms.

@power

don't you mind to let us know where to get arcsoft mms?

can we use HTC dialer instead?

Edited by Michael Pang

Guest monyozt
Hi, KC,

Few question:

- How to send MMS? Do you might make a cab for installing back Samsung SMS-MMS (I ready like it)

- How to restore back Samsung Dial pad?

Overall this ROM is nearly perfect, the only problem I found so far is clicking the X button not closing the application.

1. atm only use 3rdd party app to use MMS

2. for easiest way, use advance config tools to enable dialler skin

or use registry editor HKLM/Security/Phone/Skin > Value Data change 0 to 1