[TOOL] O2UTIL / Useful ROM utility for I8000

Guest rodrigofd

Guest kydkylin

I still don't know how to use the tool to turn a mst file to nb0 file...Could you be kind enough to show me a specific example wih this tool(for example,how to turn 123.mst into nb0 file)?It would be great if you could show the screenshot of the process :)

BTW:It really helps me a lot to turn a nb file to nb0 file——just drag it to the exe,so simple! ;)

Thanks a lot,bro

Merry Christmas~

Edited by kydkylin

Guest rodrigofd
I still don't know how to use the tool to turn a mst file to nb0 file...Could you be kind enough to show me a specific example wih this tool(for example,how to turn 123.mst into nb0 file)?It would be great if you could show the screenshot of the process :)

BTW:It really helps me a lot to turn a nb file to nb0 file——just drag it to the exe,so simple! ;)

Thanks a lot,bro

Merry Christmas~

I though it was pretty clear on first post, but well, put o2util.exe and .mst file in same dir, open a command prompt (dos) at that dir,

then run:

o2util -mst_to_nb0 your-mst-rom-file.mst

and you'll end up with a NB0 file of same name, in same dir.

Guest kydkylin
I though it was pretty clear on first post, but well, put o2util.exe and .mst file in same dir, open a command prompt (dos) at that dir,

then run:

o2util -mst_to_nb0 your-mst-rom-file.mst

and you'll end up with a NB0 file of same name, in same dir.

Thank you ,bro!!!

With your help ,I finally found that I'd just downloaded your early-version o2util.exe which just had the size of 20KB. :)

Now I re-downloaded your new one(22KB) and it works perfectly!!!

Thanks again~ ;) B)

Edited by kydkylin

Rodrigofd,

Have you had a chance to put together a command option list for this utility?

Thanks for you hard work and sharing your knowledge with us less experienced. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to have a tool to extract csc and phone files from a firmware exe?I extracted the pda and the eboot with pako's tool but it can't extract the csc and the phone part... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest rodrigofd

i answer to all latest questions:

1) I do not know how to dump, from device, neither EBOOT, CSC or PHONE firmware. I haven't heard of anyone being capable of such things, yet, merely the 'CUBIC37.MLI' technique that lets you rip an EBOOT part, which i presume is the last one you flashed along with a .MST file. Sorg has more accurate knowledge of this last thing.

2) The binary dump you obtain by standard WM techniques, like the ones that Sorg utility does, only contains the PDA part, ... again, not known way of dumping remaining parts.

3) MST and NB0 are different file structures, different containers for the PDA part of ROM. Both can contain none, one or multiple language packs.

Main difference is that MST format contains an image that gets flashed over the 8/16 GB internal memory (not storage card).

4) I am sorry not clarifying this before, but if you directly convert secany's .MST roms to .NB0, they still contain all multiple language packs included on original MST file, so such resulting NB0 is not suitable for cooking. So, best way of cooking still is flashing MST rom with desired language, then dumping ROM, and working with such dump.

Guest kourampies
4) I am sorry not clarifying this before, but if you directly convert secany's .MST roms to .NB0, they still contain all multiple language packs included on original MST file, so such resulting NB0 is not suitable for cooking. So, best way of cooking still is flashing MST rom with desired language, then dumping ROM, and working with such dump.

so thats why all my cooking efforts failed. good to know this!

hai RF please help me

i have a louvre.mli file which i dumped from my phone now how to convert it into a .mst file ive searched and asked many guys but no replies please is there a way even if its by cooking the same rom by extracting it is it possible please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Guest

Guest Chivas610
3) MST and NB0 are different file structures, different containers for the PDA part of ROM. Both can contain none, one or multiple language packs.

Main difference is that MST format contains an image that gets flashed over the 8/16 GB internal memory (not storage card).

I have lost My Storage, and in order to flash with Secany's roms, I'd to convert the .mst to .nb0. Q: Is there any difference between these formats, or will they contain the same, and thus the flash will be the same result whether you use .mst or .nb0?

Guest rodrigofd
hai RF please help me

i have a louvre.mli file which i dumped from my phone now how to convert it into a .mst file ive searched and asked many guys but no replies please is there a way even if its by cooking the same rom by extracting it is it possible please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try using Pako777's Executor

i tried that but i did not find any option to convert a mli file to mst file if it is there can u please guide me please !!!!!!!!!!

no possible to convert mli into mst you can do the reverse convertion from mst to mli with pako's executor as RFD has said...

no possible to convert mli into mst you can do the reverse convertion from mst to mli with pako's executor as RFD has said...

k is there any way that can help me to copy back the louvre.mli file to the hidden partition any software

k is there any way that can help me to copy back the louvre.mli file to the hidden partition any software

you can try to copy and paste the louvre.mli in the hidden partition...don't know if it works but you can try at your risk...the problem can arise when you try to change the language of the device if the hidden partition is no right the device could flash a corrupted eboot with risk to brick the phone...if I were you I didn't try... :D

Edited by kibiwi

you can try to copy and paste the louvre.mli in the hidden partition...don't know if it works but you can try at your risk...the problem can arise when you try to change the language of the device if the hidden partition is no right the device could flash a corrupted eboot with risk to brick the phone...if I were you I didn't try... :D

which software do u suggest ????

which software do u suggest ????

you can use winhex it can extract the mli file and can add the file too...I repeat at your own risk... :D

Edited by kibiwi