i617/i616 WM 6.5 ROM Discovered!

Guest PrinceDwi

• 2 months later...
Guest YellowLTD

Hello. First of all, many thanks for making this available! I just flashed my phone with this ROM and it is sooo much better. I had been using 6.0 since I got the phone, and this is just amazing. The phone now does almost all the things that I wanted it to do for so long.

My question is this: In the calendar, it shows the Lunar date in a bar at the top. It appears to be cutting off the bottom of week view as well. How do I get rid of that?

Thanks!

Guest chenthy
Yes, this works for an AT&T branded Blackjack II. In fact, that's the device I'm using right now! It doesn't need to be unlocked either. =D the only qualm is that the clock doesn't auto-adjust just yet..but that's a bug for the rom kitchen used by py8 (similar symptoms occur for the first blackjack rom with WM 6.5).

Apart from that, flawless.

Actually I experienced many bugs. For example, keypad backlight is always off, screen hang/freeze due to unanswered incoming call...

Is there an improved version somewhere?

Guest YellowLTD
Actually I experienced many bugs. For example, keypad backlight is always off, screen hang/freeze due to unanswered incoming call...

Is there an improved version somewhere?

Hm. Keypad backlight works for me. No freezing yet. I used the version that is linked in this thread, and the instructions from XDA. Just a few quirks that likely stem from the Chinese origin of this ROM, which I would love to find answers for. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest breaker119
I gave the 6.5 a shot on my red BJII. I like it and it does seem faster but I went back to 6.1 also and installed the latest 6.1 maintenance release.

I found the clock issue to be too annoying to deal with all the time. If a new version comes out with the clock issue resolved, I'll be one of the first in line to install it.

The latest 6.1 maintenance release is what has caused all of my headaches over the last week. After installing it I could never get the GPS to work again using the Modaco GPS Hack. I then tried the Modaco Tweak Pack and that made things worse as other things started to malfunction. I wonder if it's possible that those problems are because both hacks were for WM 6.1 - they both warn that they are for a previous version of WM when installing.

I am presently working with a WM6.5 cooked ROM, but that has been even worse. While, yes, it is quicker and slicker, I still can't get my GPS to work and I can only get one use out of any app (or email) requiring internet access before it stops working.

I'm trying to get back to the pre-maintenance release WM 6.1, but I can't seem to get the folks at Samsung to realize that the only available download link is for the maintenance release version (of course I could be blind and just can't find it, but I don't think that is the case).

Update: For whatever reason it appears as though MMS settings have a lot more impact than I realized. I corrected my MMS address (mmsc.cingular.com) and now I no longer have the issue with Internet data constantly failing. GPS (Google Maps, Glympse, GPS Test, Endomondo) has also started working properly.

Update 2: spoke too soon...GPS and Internet cut out today on they way home - so still not 100%. It's much better than it was, but the jury is still out on whether I will try to go back to 6.1 pre-maintenance release or not.

Edited by breaker119

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest gahbmwm5

Hello,

I do not mean to distract from this great site, but my friend Dermann (We both go back to the olde TxCaesar BJI i607 site) has received files from py8 for his Chinese/Eng i617 BJII 6.5 ROM, and has started a thread @ Xda-Developers...

We need to give him some good feedback as he has put a lot of work into this somewhat dated device, to make a stable 6.5 ROM for this still popular device, so please head on-over-there for further discusssion, bug reports, feedback...

[ROM] [samsung SGH-i617] [WWE] WM6.5 28004 ~Stand Alone Complex~ [build 04.Oct.2010]

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=800850 :) ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest blackjacki607

TestedSamsung i607 Blackjack Custom Romshttp://rapidshare.com/files/422095628/27.Sept.2010_SAC.7z27.September.2010_SACBest Tested on Samsung i607 Blackjack B) http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Samsung_i600----------------------------XP INSTALLATION GUIDE FROM STARCA'S ROM------------------------------Step By Step Installation Procedure (Samsung i607 Blackjack Custom Roms)*NOTE THIS STEP NEED ONLY BE DONE ONCE, TO LOAD THE DRIVERS* - Disable USB Connectivity in ActiveSync under File - Connections, MAKE SURE you have the modem/flash drivers installed. (Connect phone in modem mode by settings -> connections -> usb -> modem, install drivers). 1.) Run included program "[Tools]ActivesyncKiller.exe"2.) Run included program "I600_v1.1_Single.exe"3.) Boot up device in flashing mode by holding down right soft key, "camera" button located on right side of phone, and power simultaneously.4.) Connect device to computer. Yellow color in program should change color.5.) Click "PDA" button. Choose included file "xx.xxx.2010_SAC.bin"6.) Check Phone Initialization(EFS Clear). Make sure EFS CLEAR and PDA are the only one checked7.) Click "Start Download"8.) When device shows "Phase 2 ------- [PASS]" Flash is done. It should auto-reboot quickly.9.) First boot will be slow so be patient.10.) Goodluck

Edited by blackjacki607

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flipcrackpot

i have samsung blackjack 2 running on wm 6 standard.. it is unlocked.. i wanted to upgrade to 6.1 but the only places i found it said it would lock my bj2 back to at&t (bummer).. will this 6.5 lock my bj2 ? and does it matter that im going straight from 6 to 6.5, noob question but i just want to b sure...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AzharMahmood

Hi

I've flashed my BJ-II with NhatHoa-Build 19208 Clean Rom. Everything is working fine but whenever I try to install GoogleMaps, it says "Installation of GoogleMaps.CAB was unsuccessful". Before flashing I was using google maps on it. Other CAB files are working fine. Please help.

When I try to flash it with "BlackJack_WM6_1MR_Upgrade_For_XP.exe" , it says S/W version is wrong. I disabled firewall and antivirus but no success.

And let me know if I can flash it with WM6.5 and where can I find latest WM6.5 ROM for my i617 ?

Edited by AzharMahmood

• 3 weeks later...

hi i have in stalled the 6.5 rom on my blackjack and it works very well, but the internet explorer or any other browser will not work it gives a error message saying see internet settings. and i looked at the settings which are fine i had to make a ATT IMS profile. any suggestions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest paulieweb

Hello. I just upgraded my bjii to winmo 6.5. It works nicely except for one thing - programs don't stay open on their own. They "minimize" and the home screen pops up after 10 seconds, unless I'm continuously hitting buttons or scrolling the wheel.

I'm not sure what settings to change to fix this. I would like programs to stay open and in the front unless I personally end them or hit 'end' to go to the home screen.

Anyone know?