Samsung Today

Guest dgmorland
very nice and working :)

can it be done that it becomes an app? so i can map it to my cube button?

The Today screen is automatically activated when you briefly press the power button. If you want the cube button to activate the Today screen you can change this under the "Assign a Program" in the Buttons section of the Samsung Settings application - assign the button to <Today>

Guest redzone321
I notice this today screen cannot put wallpaper?

is there a way to remap the txt button in the Notification area to the standard wm txt and not the samsung txt.

Im useing RFD lite rom and dont want to install the samsung sms program.

Guest dgmorland
I notice this today screen cannot put wallpaper?

Check the earlier postings in this thread for way to replace the standard background image on the Samsung Today plugin

Guest redzone321
is there a way to remap the txt button in the Notification area to the standard wm txt and not the samsung txt.

Im useing RFD lite rom and dont want to install the samsung sms program.

also if its possible to remap the Phonebook soft button in teh bottom right to the program of my choise. thanks!

Guest toppwill
I made it :)

Question: anyone know how SS have set the sizes of each panel? I would love to make the Message panel smaller, for example, as I am sure it does not need to take up 1/3 of the screen aye ;-)

Are the settings in the dll?

(As an aside, it would also be great to configure the message panel to open the sms client that you want to use too - baby steps tho B) )

Hi there!

Great work! .CAB work awesome! But I got some fineturning questions:

* I don't see "setting" section. Why could it be?

* Is there a way to remove / hide a section? I don't need "RSS Feed" and would like to remove it from Today screen.

* Sections are ordered differently than in screenshots in this topic. For example "Notification" is the very last (in the bottom). Can I move it to the top to see it just under the "Time"?

I have 6.5 IL5 ROM (re-flushed)

Hi there!

Great work! .CAB work awesome! But I got some fineturning questions:

* I don't see "setting" section. Why could it be?

* Is there a way to remove / hide a section? I don't need "RSS Feed" and would like to remove it from Today screen.

* Sections are ordered differently than in screenshots in this topic. For example "Notification" is the very last (in the bottom). Can I move it to the top to see it just under the "Time"?

I have 6.5 IL5 ROM (re-flushed)

Dit you try the "Edit" soft key on lover left corner..., and tap&hold&move section up or down or left to narrow colum to hide it.. or move from left colum to right to put new section :)

Edited by dezmo

Guest dragoneye

i downloaded the cab file from page 1 but then i install it..it shows installation unsuccessful..can anyone help me with this? my PDA version is I8000NXXIJ9 and CSC is I8000XSOIJ2

Guest sioppao

does anyone know how to map the default notifications to 3rd party apps - like for example, i want the SMS notification icon to open SMS-Chat not the default SMS app.

many thanks,

Guest Smille123
does anyone know how to map the default notifications to 3rd party apps - like for example, i want the SMS notification icon to open SMS-Chat not the default SMS app.

many thanks,

I think it´s hardcoded. I use VJBrist to replace the original exe.

link

F.e.:

1. Install vjbrisk

2. make a copy of vjbrisk.exe and rename it to tcalendar.exe

3. make a shortcut from thumbcal.exe and rename it to tcalendarLNK.lnk

4. copy both created files to windows-directory.

Edited by Smille123

Guest jackyaway

SAMSUNG TODAY IN ITALIANO

I have inserted the ITALIAN .mui from B7620 in the .cab, and i have changed the default launchers, in order: Player Multimediale, Impostazioni, Galleria, Gestione Attivita, Facebook, Messenger, Opera Browser, Youtube, SKTools, Resco File Explorer, Resco Registry, NoData.

Here is the cab http://rapidshare.com/files/332136185/sams...ay_ita.cab.html

I'm trying to change shortcuts in this Samsung Today. After holding shortcut for a while and taping 'Edit' nothing happened. It was working perfectly this morning, but now it isn't. I hadn't changed anything in my phone.

Guest lolo19000

I m french. I rename the 2 files (shortcutpicker.exe.409.mui and todaycontainer.dll.409.mui , replace 409 to 40c).

But this is always in English.

Can you put this 2 files in french please.

thanks

Guest InvalidCast
I m french. I rename the 2 files (shortcutpicker.exe.409.mui and todaycontainer.dll.409.mui , replace 409 to 40c).

But this is always in English.

Can you put this 2 files in french please.

thanks

renaming the files won't translate them, obviously :)

but at least, you have the text now (without this trick, you have just blank where you see english texts)

i don't have the french files

Guest bimmernut

downloaded the cab and tried to activate samsung today under "items on Today" however, it keeps going back to titanium even after disabling it..anyone with similar problems or did I miss out any steps? using secany JA1 ROM..thanks for any help.

Guest InvalidCast
downloaded the cab and tried to activate samsung today under "items on Today" however, it keeps going back to titanium even after disabling it..anyone with similar problems or did I miss out any steps? using secany JA1 ROM..thanks for any help.

working fine on JA1 for me

Hello!

I hawe same problems with samsung today. Maby you can tray select one option below the samsung today option... I thing there are misalignment problem in this case... In my case this works and i can set the samsung today on latest omnia rom.