Samsung Today

Guest jeffrey2000
This is strictly UK O2 version. It has different ROM, like Verizon which includes weather widget for Samsung Today.

Well in that case we need the O2 rom for the weather :D

In case anyone has the O2 rom please supply the following files which should be in the \\My device\Windows root and maybe everyone here will have the weather ;)

DefaultPlugIns.dll

DefaultPlugInsRC.dll

RSSReaderToday.dll

ShortcutPicker.exe

TodayContainer.dll

TodayContainerRC.dll

TodaySelector.dll

TodaySelector.swfl (shockwave flash file?)

ShortcutPicker.exe.0409.MUI (english language pack file)

TodayContainer.dll.0409.mui (english language pack file)

stchlpr.dll

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest superdarkyaya
Well in that case we need the O2 rom for the weather :D

In case anyone has the O2 rom please supply the following files which should be in the \\My device\Windows root any maybe everyone will have the weather ;)

DefaultPlugIns.dll

DefaultPlugInsRC.dll

RSSReaderToday.dll

ShortcutPicker.exe

TodayContainer.dll

TodayContainerRC.dll

TodaySelector.dll

TodaySelector.swfl (shockwave flash file?)

ShortcutPicker.exe.0409.MUI (english language pack file)

TodayContainer.dll.0409.mui (english language pack file)

stchlpr.dll

I suppose in the next release of Samsung's firmware, the meteo will appear.....??

Guest jeffrey2000
I suppose in the next release of Samsung's firmware, the meteo will appear.....??

hmmm just read that till now it's only available in the UK roms of the B7610 so guess we need someone from the UK for this... see below:

The advertisement on our website shows a B7610 using the stranded UK version of our software. Currently this model is only on sale in the UK with O2's own version of our software. The O2 network have made some changes to the software which may explain the missing widget on your handset. The same could apply if you have purchased this phone from the internet as it may have been intended for sale in another country and would there for have a different countries software version installed.

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest omar junior

for manila clock: I edit the DefaultPlugInsRC.dll and make the clock manually.

Anybody know how to change the icon in the samsung today ? Because the samsung today get the EXE icon and not start menu icon ;)

Guest Tendeiro

In DefaultPlugInsRC.dll we have all images used, including the weather (I've seen those with PE Explorer :D) So with some luck the only thing between weather widget and us is a registry entry, but unfortunately I don't know which... :S

I know every entry has something like "default:" where:

ap -> appointments

em -> email

mm -> memo

if only we knew the letters used in english version...

Have you tried to run TodaySelector.swf in a PC? Interesting ;) (rename from swfl to swf)

Edited by Tendeiro

Guest darkworldzz

does any1 have increased batt usage when using samsung today??? my battery seems to be drained very much faster.. just wna check if its the samsung today or something wrong wif my flashing...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Maedhros

Hey every1. I downloaded the cab from the first page, Yet I am not able to use this beautiful UI.

I have a feeling this is due to me having a tp2, and not having certain files cooked into my rom.

Any1 got any ideas of how other devices can use this?

Guest binghan
does any1 have increased batt usage when using samsung today??? my battery seems to be drained very much faster.. just wna check if its the samsung today or something wrong wif my flashing...

For me, theres no significant increase in batt usage.

Guest jaya7

Hi all,

Does any1 know how to increase contacts and applications entry in samsung today? by default we have :

Photo Contacts = 10 (max 3/3)

Shortcuts = 12 (max 3/3)

I find samsung today more productive and straight forward. it'll be great if we could increase the pages to 4 or 5 for photo contacts and shortcuts.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest azza6
Hi all,

Does any1 know how to increase contacts and applications entry in samsung today? by default we have :

Photo Contacts = 10 (max 3/3)

Shortcuts = 12 (max 3/3)

I find samsung today more productive and straight forward. it'll be great if we could increase the pages to 4 or 5 for photo contacts and shortcuts.

Agreed. :)

Guest ryisamu

hey all, i love the way samsung today is. just curios since i've used Resco today as well. is it possible to have a shortcut to lock the phone instead of pressing the side button/lock on wake up device? just a preferential habit that i picked up when i was using resco today. Any ideas? It'll be greate to have a shortcut like that and have it on samsung today

Guest Tendeiro
Does your mod available in English version too ?

TIA ;)

There is one topic with that "theme", only icons were changed. The language is the native one :)

Guest abdelrahim

Really the best today screen for omnia2....Had a little problem with adding short cuts but resolved after official Rom upgrade using FUS....THE ONLY MISSING FEATURE IS WEATHER ....thanks alot again