O2Compass and O2Flash

Guest Rapid81

Almost 10 thousands downloads just on OPNMarket and over 6 thousands (from all versions) from 4shared! WOW! But only 6 donors. PFFF! BTW I'm gratefull to who's donated. :(

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-o2compass.html

I'm thinking about to port the whole project to DirectX or OpenGL ES. I just get a DirectX book, so I'm reading now. The protractor and inclinometer needs DirectX to works and looks properly, so it takes time. If I'm able to get it work then the compass will moves like the HTC one.

I'm also thinking how to fix the B7610 light sensor bug. Maybe I'll create a separate beta app for testing, but I'll need some testers or at least one. :(

When (if) I'll familiar with DirectX on NETCF, then I'm thinking about a Teeter-like game in full WVGA screen support. :(

Edited by Rapid81

Guest kev033
I created a Compass Pack. You can found it at the Themes. I put in the available compass skins.

Thank you for all your effort on this. I have the Verizon i920 and loaded the V3.3 a couple days ago. I cant seem to get the flashlight to work, when I select the O2Flash app, it momentarily blinks the screen and nothing more. Am I missing a setting? Also, since installing the O2Compass and the background cab, my battery has been draining faster. Does the O2Compass tend to drain the battery more or is it the background screens?

Guest Rapid81
Thank you for all your effort on this. I have the Verizon i920 and loaded the V3.3 a couple days ago. I cant seem to get the flashlight to work, when I select the O2Flash app, it momentarily blinks the screen and nothing more. Am I missing a setting? Also, since installing the O2Compass and the background cab, my battery has been draining faster. Does the O2Compass tend to drain the battery more or is it the background screens?

If you not running the application it does nothing. The O2Compass works? The Flash button works in the application? Did you installed the NETCF 3.5?

Guest dwallersv

Well then, why won't you guys send him a few bucks? I mean, we're talking bag-lunch money here, guys! Give some substance to your gratitude...

Guest Rapid81

I have bad news. :( I found out, the DirectX (Direct3D) does not have hardware acceleration on Omnia 2 (not at all in WinMo). :( And the maximum texture size is 256x256. In turn I get familiar with DX. I managed to render textures, and rotate, but only 256x256 pixels format.

I'll search for an OpenGL ES book instead. But it's far more difficult than DX. So, wish me luck! I'm facing a hard way. :(

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Rapid81

OK, I was wrong and walked on a wrong way. :( I don't need neither DX or OGLES. I need DirectDraw. :( I'm on the project now with full speed.

Guest dwallersv
OK, I was wrong and walked on a wrong way. :( I don't need neither DX or OGLES. I need DirectDraw. :( I'm on the project now with full speed.

n98.gif

bluebiggrin.gif

Guest kev033
If you not running the application it does nothing. The O2Compass works? The Flash button works in the application? Did you installed the NETCF 3.5?

The compass, destination, spirit level and metal detector work. The Flash button did not work. I also tried the O2Flash and it did not work. I did install NETCF 3.5. Do I need to install SDK 2.1 off Samsung Invovation web page...I understand that you have that already built into V3.3? Also..the light sensor did not work even though it does work through the LCDTest.exe

Guest Rapid81
The compass, destination, spirit level and metal detector work. The Flash button did not work. I also tried the O2Flash and it did not work. I did install NETCF 3.5. Do I need to install SDK 2.1 off Samsung Invovation web page...I understand that you have that already built into V3.3? Also..the light sensor did not work even though it does work through the LCDTest.exe

What ROM are you using? Cooked? And yes, the Samsung SDK builted in the installer of 3.3.

Guest Rapid81

OK. I give up! The DirectDraw does not support alphablending and rotation. Direct3D has no hardware acceleration. And the OpenGL ES 1.1 works with 5 FPS!!!

If someone give me an example of image rotation with acceptable running speed (I don't care if it's D3D, DDraw or OGLES), then I will create the smooth rotating compass image. I'm searching for it since last november, but with no luck. Maybe someone else has more luck or more knowledge. And still I don't mentioned the D3D maximum texture size on Omnia 2 (256x256 pixels :( :( ).

Edited by Rapid81

Guest kipps

Hey Rapid81 great application :(

It's possible to do calibration only after installing the application. Could you add in options menu recalibration function for compass?

What do you think about it?

Guest Rapid81
Hey Rapid81 great application :(

It's possible to do calibration only after installing the application. Could you add in options menu recalibration function for compass?

What do you think about it?

The calibration appears when the sensor is in a not calibrated state. It not depends on any installation or other. Recalibration appear when it's necessary, but you can recalibrate you magnetic sensor anytime, just do the circles around the 3 axis.

Guest ninjaw
The calibration appears when the sensor is in a not calibrated state. It not depends on any installation or other. Recalibration appear when it's necessary, but you can recalibrate you magnetic sensor anytime, just do the circles around the 3 axis.

Right ! I noticed that when calibration was badword without notification.

Btw I installed your last skin cabs (even i i hate multiples cabs) and it seems pretty badword up : I can choose compass skin, but other pages aren't changing, except the goobye page, and it's not even the good skin ! Maybe I should reinstall ?

Guest Snow02

Nice on the v3.3. That's exactly what I had in mind for saving the current location. Very useable now.

Have you looked at any of the opengl benchmark apps for an example of rotation? I know my phone ran this one acceptably smooth, from here. Source is available as well so it could prove useful, if you haven't seen it already.

Guest ninjaw

I just realised, you now what we need ? we need Street View Photos real time rotation, also know as augmented reality. another feature like google maps but more complete.

Guest dwallersv
OK. I give up! The DirectDraw does not support alphablending and rotation. Direct3D has no hardware acceleration. And the OpenGL ES 1.1 works with 5 FPS!!!

If someone give me an example of image rotation with acceptable running speed (I don't care if it's D3D, DDraw or OGLES), then I will create the smooth rotating compass image. I'm searching for it since last november, but with no luck. Maybe someone else has more luck or more knowledge. And still I don't mentioned the D3D maximum texture size on Omnia 2 (256x256 pixels :( :( ).

Are you aware of the accelerated OGL ES 1.1 that Ginkage has implemented? It's in the sticky section of the forum.

If you're not using this, you're going to get piss-poor performance with the Samsung version shipped on the Omnia, which is a piece of crap implementation that doesn't use the hardware graphics accelerator.

Guest Rapid81
Nice on the v3.3. That's exactly what I had in mind for saving the current location. Very useable now.

Have you looked at any of the opengl benchmark apps for an example of rotation? I know my phone ran this one acceptably smooth, from here. Source is available as well so it could prove useful, if you haven't seen it already.

Thanks! I didn't saw that. Only one problem is in C#. I'll try to port it to VB.NET. The results are promising:

Results

--------------------------------

alpha texture (128x256 rgba)

7493 kPixels/s

torus (3k triangles) one light

11221 kPixels/s

color blending

6788 kPixels/s

sub texture (128x128 15x15)

7978 kPixels/s

OpengGL ES info

Vendor

Samsung Electronics

Version

2.0 (lib version 20.02.24)

Renderer

FIMG

Extensions

GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc

OES_matrix_palette

GL_OES_framebuffer_object

GL_OES_read_format

GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture

GL_OES_framebuffer_object

GL_OES_stencil8

GL_OES_texture_compression_S3TC

GL_OES_mapbuffer

GL_OES_texture_npot

GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Snow02
Thanks! I didn't saw that. Only one problem is in C#. I'll try to port it to VB.NET. The results are promising:

Welcome. Looked like it could be useful as a template of sorts.

Are you using Ginkage's latest libgles?

@800 mhz

Results

9524 kPixels/s

11167 kPixels/s

color blending

11873 kPixels/s

8602 kPixels/s
@900mhz
Results

10960 kPixels/s

13122 kPixels/s

color blending

13762 kPixels/s

9827 kPixels/s

So this actually scales a little better than clock speed percentage.

900/800 = 1.125

Whereas

(alpha texture) 10960/9524 = 1.150

(torus) 13122/11167 = 1.175

(color blending)13762/11873 = 1.159

(subtexture) 9827/8602 = 1.142

More of an observation than of any real importance I guess. But it does show that a mild overclock is certainly beneficial to 3D performance. There must be a bottleneck somewhere to yield a greater percentage performance increase over clock percentage increase. I ran the test a few times at each speed to confirm precision.

But I digress. Hope that's helpful.

Edited by Snow02

Guest Rapid81
Welcome. Looked like it could be useful as a template of sorts.

Are you using Ginkage's latest libgles?

I just checked, and need to upgrade to 0.26. :(

Update:

I updated it and my TF3D 1.3 runs much smoother. :(

Edited by Rapid81