O2Compass and O2Flash

Guest mmstudio

Hi I have a few feature requests:

1) Pedometer - count human steps. I dont know if its possible to make this feature with a omnia 2 senzors ?

2) trip time counter - will display how long time I walking - with ability to stop it ( when I take a break) and memory tom save trip lenght and break times

3) weather - will take info from eweather.com and display prediction from nearest weather station..

What you think ?

Guest Rapid81
Hi I have a few feature requests:

1) Pedometer - count human steps. I dont know if its possible to make this feature with a omnia 2 senzors ?

2) trip time counter - will display how long time I walking - with ability to stop it ( when I take a break) and memory tom save trip lenght and break times

3) weather - will take info from eweather.com and display prediction from nearest weather station..

What you think ?

It is worth considering. :P

I'm working on my Sense 2.5 ROM right now, so this project paused for a little.

But I'll return and continue it soon.

Guest mmstudio
It is worth considering. :P

I'm working on my Sense 2.5 ROM right now, so this project paused for a little.

But I'll return and continue it soon.

Great mate. Your application is really in my top 3 apps for omnia. Hope we will see a new version soon :-) . Thanks for making your app free for all of us ...

Guest Rapid81
Cool app, but light sensor alway shoes 0 lux, why ?

If you have a B7610, then the Light sensor does not work. I don't know why right now. I'll try to fix it.

Guest kdkinc
If you have a B7610, then the Light sensor does not work. I don't know why right now. I'll try to fix it.

Ditto on i920 ...at least on mine.

great app

Thank You

:P :(

Guest dwallersv
Ditto on i920 ...at least on mine.

great app

Thank You

:P :(

Working on my 920... check the version of the Samsung SDK you have installed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aliahlewis

It's a detailed share and I can say after reading this thread noone has to search out for the other details as everything and every aspect has been explained here. I must say good job.

Guest Rapid81
@ Rapid81

Just a suggestion! , don’t you think that the bubble level will look nicer if it was like the one in the following link:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/05/ipad-ap...ities-you-need/

Anyway, you already did a wonderful job, thank you.

Yeah, it's looks great, but to create an appearance like this, I need to know the OpenGL ES very well. Right now I'm learning OpenGL pretty hard, but it's really complicated. I need much effort, time and documentations to port the app to OpenGL, and it's hard. Do not expect results any time soon. Sorry. It's not an easy task.

Guest eykzhe

I just want to ask whether the O2Compass can properly only work on the Samsung Omnia II series. I have a HTC Touch Pro II with WM 6.1. After I installed the O2Compass and the .Net Compact Framework 3.5, my device could load the O2Compass properly. However, when I did the calibration following the demo video, the compass could not move. Could you tell me what is the problem?

Guest ninjaw
I just want to ask whether the O2Compass can properly only work on the Samsung Omnia II series. I have a HTC Touch Pro II with WM 6.1. After I installed the O2Compass and the .Net Compact Framework 3.5, my device could load the O2Compass properly. However, when I did the calibration following the demo video, the compass could not move. Could you tell me what is the problem?

Yeah sure, dont use TP2, as mentionned before

Guest Rapid81

Your problem in the name of this app:

O2Compass means Omnia 2 compass.

The program uses the Samsung's SDK to use the Omnia 2's hardwares. It'll never work on non Samsung phones. I searched for HTC SDK, but that non exists. So, the program stays on Samsung phones what has the proper hardwares and resolution. That's why it not work on your HTC. BTW, on the HTC phones you have a far way better built-in compass. ;)

BTW, this whole thing was mentioned in the first post!!!

It works on these devices:

- Samsung Omnia 2 (i8000)

- Samsung Omnia 2 (i920)

- Omnia Pro (B7610)

- WM6.1 & WM6.5 & WM6.5.3

Samsung SDK in the installer changed to 2.2 therefore theoretically works on these 2 devices too:

- SCH-M710/715 T*Omnia II

- SPH-M7350 Oz Omnia

Edited by Rapid81

Guest the sandman

when i was using the original verizon rom this worked perfectly. then I flashed my phone with Ninja4Hire rom and the flash function doesn't work anymore. do you know if this is a rom problem our something else?

i should also mention that when I flashed to the new rom the auto flash on my camera doesn't work, so I guess its ar om problem?

thanks

Guest Rapid81
when i was using the original verizon rom this worked perfectly. then I flashed my phone with Ninja4Hire rom and the flash function doesn't work anymore. do you know if this is a rom problem our something else?

i should also mention that when I flashed to the new rom the auto flash on my camera doesn't work, so I guess its ar om problem?

thanks

Then some driver or something is missing from that rom.

Guest eykzhe
Your problem in the name of this app:

O2Compass means Omnia 2 compass.

The program uses the Samsung's SDK to use the Omnia 2's hardwares. It'll never work on non Samsung phones. I searched for HTC SDK, but that non exists. So, the program stays on Samsung phones what has the proper hardwares and resolution. That's why it not work on your HTC. BTW, on the HTC phones you have a far way better built-in compass. ;)

BTW, this whole thing was mentioned in the first post!!!

Thanks for your explanation.

The built-in compass you mentioned is only for HTC HD2 but not for my Touch Pro II.

Guest sambosat

Hi guys, I have downloaded the o2 compass 3.3 cab file and installed it. Everything works fine except for the GPS it is not locking nor seeing any satellite as if there is no GPS. Anyone knows what is wrong do I need to install anything else or something need to change some settings. Also the metal detector what is it used for or actually how does it work.

Also I want to suggest if you can make the phone work as a tape measure. Like you click start and then move the phone right or left it will increase

Guest Rapid81
Hi guys, I have downloaded the o2 compass 3.3 cab file and installed it. Everything works fine except for the GPS it is not locking nor seeing any satellite as if there is no GPS. Anyone knows what is wrong do I need to install anything else or something need to change some settings. Also the metal detector what is it used for or actually how does it work.

Also I want to suggest if you can make the phone work as a tape measure. Like you click start and then move the phone right or left it will increase

Do you have satellites with iGO or any other GPS software? In your WinMo, do you let the system to handle the GPS connections?

Tape measure:

The Omnia 2's GPS not that accurate.

Guest sambosat
Do you have satellites with iGO or any other GPS software? In your WinMo, do you let the system to handle the GPS connections?

Tape measure:

The Omnia 2's GPS not that accurate.

No actually I haven't installed any satellite software yet. The O2 compass was the first thing I installed on my O2

Guest Rapid81
No actually I haven't installed any satellite software yet. The O2 compass was the first thing I installed on my O2

I'm facing this problem every time I flash my PDA. And after 10-15 minutes, the satellites just shown. I don't know what the problem is, but it's working, just need to wait.

any chance we can have the compass and flash in seperate cabs?

i only need the flash feature

I don't understand why don't you read before ask! Just read the first post until you found the answer to your question! ;)

Edited by Rapid81