[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest pvillasuso
I've contacted Paul MANY times, all with NO response whatsoever. I would really like to implement a kitchen for this ROM, but my requests just keep getting ignored by Paul.

Andrew

It would be great to have an online kitchen ... of this ROM ...

I recall Paul running and fixing everything superfast to make jnwhiteh his online kitchen ROM ... took him like 1 day top !

Maybe you will learn soon how to do it ... and won't need any help ! ;)

No more comments ... better

Guest AychTeeSee

I'm working on my own online ROM kitchen API, which will be open source and come with a generator for anyone to use for their own ROM. When/if it's released, it won't require a MoDaCo membership. However I STRONGLY recommend donating to Paul through any means, his work has truly helped progress Android development. I'll post some screenshots later.

Andrew

Guest AychTeeSee
How to get wired tether working with this ROM? Is the default wired tether built in with Sense?

Sorry, wired tether is deeply integrated with sense. Look for a third-party tool to do this.

Andrew

Guest Geochelone

Seriously I'm in love with this ROM. Honestly, this topples MCR as my main ROM.

I wish you will get rid the Wireless Tether and Amazon MP3 from the default. They are always available from Internet.

And I hope your kitchen will be ready soon :-)

Guest Rubber Ducky

I really like this ROM except for a few minor things:

1) The indicator LED is always on when you recieve messages (normally it blinks) and it's not orange when charging. This is not a big issue ofcourse (I don't know how much more the battery is drained).

2) The trackball. I kind of miss the fact that I can scroll on the interwebs with it.

3) The HSDPA icon is missing??? It shows "G" where it should say "H".

Bluetooth is not a big issue for me as I don't use it (don't see the point in bluetooth anyway, since OBEX is not integrated).

Oh yeah, one more thing... Damn, this ROM is fast.

Guest masterpfa
I'm working on my own online ROM kitchen API, which will be open source and come with a generator for anyone to use for their own ROM. When/if it's released, it won't require a MoDaCo membership. However I STRONGLY recommend donating to Paul through any means, his work has truly helped progress Android development. I'll post some screenshots later.

Andrew

Hi Andrew it is a shame that you have not been able to get the support of Paul for a Kitchen version. If you are going it alone you might want to check out this link here. This developer has released his out "Kitchen" great functionality etc.

All the best as always watching this space ;)

Just to confirm i've spoken to Andrew today, and a kitchen version of this will be online tomorrow! ;)

Unfortunately i've been somewhat drowned under a sea of PMs lately! :D

P

Guest masterpfa
Just to confirm i've spoken to Andrew today, and a kitchen version of this will be online tomorrow! ;)

Unfortunately i've been somewhat drowned under a sea of PMs lately! :D

P

All is looking good on the Custom ROM Front, we are being spoilt for choice here.

I know I'm sounding like a scratched record could we have taskkiller and maybe Titanium and Wavesecure :(

EDIT: Plus an option for HTC IME (Touch input)

Edited by masterpfa

Guest Harrewarre

Been having a go with this ROM and wow, great work! I was looking for a stock alternative ROM with all the defaults :-) One (for me) critical thing missing though. I can't add my corporate exchange server for e-mail, contacts and calendar. If that makes it in, this will be my permanent ROM :-)

Keep up the great work!

Guest FunkTrooper

Does anyone fancy uploading this to something other than RapidShare or FileFactory? I've been trying to download this for hours, and they just won't let me get the file. Apparently they're both too busy.

Guest PrinceDwi

Unfortunately i've been somewhat drowned under a sea of PMs lately! :(

P

Most excellent news :D

As a suggestion, perhaps you can have an APN adder so that you can customize what APN will come default on a rom? I think that might be a fairly nice addition to the online kitchen, to further add customization and personal changes for a rom so we don't have to import APN's all the time or rely on a rom maker to have to input a giant assortment of APN's ><

Guest String Theory
Been having a go with this ROM and wow, great work! I was looking for a stock alternative ROM with all the defaults :-) One (for me) critical thing missing though. I can't add my corporate exchange server for e-mail, contacts and calendar. If that makes it in, this will be my permanent ROM :-)

Keep up the great work!

Standard Cupcake doesn't have Exchange syncing, so if you want that look for an HTC ROM or download an app like Touchdown.

Guest Harrewarre
Standard Cupcake doesn't have Exchange syncing, so if you want that look for an HTC ROM or download an app like Touchdown.

Didn't the unbranded HTC Magic have Exchange server support? I thought that was pretty much stock Android, though I'm no expert when it comes to Android ;) It was added by HTC, but it did allow you to use the native apps to manage the exchange stuff.

Guest lennart330

First of all, great rom(s), both 2.1 as 3...

But i've seen the languages at the 3.0 version are down to english and spanish..

Is there a way to add more languages? for me it would be nice to have it in my native language; dutch...

Guest pvillasuso
An online kitchen for this ROM is now available

Thank You ....

Baking ROM right now ..!

@edit : everything working good after flashing custom (baked) ROM ! thanx again...

Edited by pvillasuso

Guest lennart330
I really like this ROM except for a few minor things:

1) The indicator LED is always on when you recieve messages (normally it blinks) and it's not orange when charging. This is not a big issue ofcourse (I don't know how much more the battery is drained).

2) The trackball. I kind of miss the fact that I can scroll on the interwebs with it.

3) The HSDPA icon is missing??? It shows "G" where it should say "H".

Bluetooth is not a big issue for me as I don't use it (don't see the point in bluetooth anyway, since OBEX is not integrated).

Oh yeah, one more thing... Damn, this ROM is fast.

'

The same over here, i experience the trackball isen't working at all, is this a known bug?

Is anyone else missing the "H" icon? ;)

Edited by lennart330

Guest pvillasuso
Unticking My Faves in the kitchen will fc Contacts.

Yes something is wrong with contacts .. got FC too

I didn't mark faves ( when it was selectable )

Baking again ..!

Contacts and call logs FC's for me. I didnt uncheck anything and none of the two links lets me download the "non-kitchen" versions due to overloaded servers.

I did wipe before flashing.

Any ideas?