[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest AychTeeSee
Hey,

I can't seem to get this rom working. Cooked one in the kitchen, without email, pinyin, sound recorder,

amazon and wifi tether. When I flash the rom and reboot, I get stuck in a boot loop (it gets to the ANDROID

logo and then freezes). Logcat says the following:

D/PackageManager(  129): Scanning app dir /data/app

E/System  (  129): Failure starting core service

E/System  (  129): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/System  (  129): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.scanDirLI(PackageManagerService.java:1703)

E/System  (  129): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.<init>(PackageManagerService.java:482)

E/System  (  129): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.main(PackageManagerService.java:261)

E/System  (  129): 	at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:113)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): Crash logging skipped, no checkin service

I/SystemServer(  129): Starting Status Bar Service.

E/SystemServer(  129): Failure starting StatusBarService

E/SystemServer(  129): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.status.StatusBarIcon.getIcon(StatusBarIcon.java:143)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.status.StatusBarIcon.<init>(StatusBarIcon.java:65)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.status.StatusBarService.makeStatusBarView(StatusBarService.java:304)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.status.StatusBarService.<init>(StatusBarService.java:235)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:194)

I/SystemServer(  129): Starting Clipboard Service.

I/SystemServer(  129): Starting Input Method Service.

E/SystemServer(  129): Failure starting Input Manager Service

E/SystemServer(  129): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext.registerReceiverInternal(ApplicationContext.java:760)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext.registerReceiver(ApplicationContext.java:735)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext.registerReceiver(ApplicationContext.java:729)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.InputMethodManagerService.<init>(InputMethodManagerService.java:437)

E/SystemServer(  129): 	at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:209)

I/SystemServer(  129): Starting NetStat Service.

I/SystemServer(  129): Starting Connectivity Service.

W/dalvikvm(  129): threadid=27: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4000fe70)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): Uncaught handler: thread ConnectivityThread exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): *** EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS.  System will crash.

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.getProvider(ActivityThread.java:3689)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.acquireProvider(ActivityThread.java:3718)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.app.ApplicationContext$ApplicationContentResolver.acquireProvider(ApplicationContext.java:1473)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.content.ContentResolver.acquireProvider(ContentResolver.java:576)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.content.ContentResolver.query(ContentResolver.java:144)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.provider.Settings$NameValueCache.getString(Settings.java:472)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getString(Settings.java:1533)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at android.provider.Settings$Secure.getInt(Settings.java:1573)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.getPersistedNetworkPreference(ConnectivityService.java:183)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.<init>(ConnectivityService.java:124)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService.<init>(ConnectivityService.java:48)

E/AndroidRuntime(  129): 	at com.android.server.ConnectivityService$ConnectivityThread.run(ConnectivityService.java:88)

I/Process (  129): Sending signal. PID: 129 SIG: 9

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'SurfaceFlinger' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'power' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'batteryinfo' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'usagestats' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'telephony.registry' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'netstat' died

I/ServiceManager(   86): service 'clipboard' died

E/installd(   94): eof

E/installd(   94): failed to read size

I/installd(   94): closing connection

I/Zygote  (  128): Exit zygote because system server (129) has terminated

Any ideas?

EDIT: Also, I did wipe my phone before flashing, in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks in advance,

Agshlee

Seems like the kitchen produced you a bad build. Try recooking it.

Andrew

Guest iammodo
ZVZ1i.png

Coming soon... :D

hq5ae.png

Ok the big question "Camera at 5mp?"

Also what do you plan to bring to the table with this rom?

is it not better to wait till 2.1 is released next month and work on that?

Guest AychTeeSee
Ok the big question "Camera at 5mp?"

Also what do you plan to bring to the table with this rom?

is it not better to wait till 2.1 is released next month and work on that?

Answer: Yes. The current build has 5mp camera, bluetooth, wifi, trackball, lights, and accelerometer support. In other words, full hardware support.

This is basically what I did with the original Vanilla Cupcake ROM- this time I took the 2.1 HTC leak, removed the HTC, replaced it with Vanilla apps and corrected code dependencies. Right now, it's not quite stable due to the status of the leak, so I'll likely just build on the leaked ROM and merge it with the shipping ROM when it releases. The HTC leak I've obtained is incomplete, and wasn't quite stable.

Andrew

Edited by AychTeeSee

Guest inkredi

just WOW :D:D:D seriously, after that ROM i wouldnt wanna go from rom to another, choosing wherther i want stability or bluetooth or app compatibility, that would be it :D one rom with all!!

Guest panchen

Alright, I think I'm missing some thing here...

All these roms, (aych's included) say full market access. Is there another step I need to follow in order to see the full market, other than just flash the rom.

Points of interest, I'm with Telus. I have NEVER seen the full market. Just flashed 3.0.1.

I;m sure it's something simple at this point, but any help will be appreciated.

Ok, i'm a little bit confused right now. Will you continue developing the cupcake vanilla rom or only the eclair vanilla? I'm asking that because i'm waiting just for one with full hardware support!

Thanks in advance aychteesee, keep up the good work! :D

Edited by deeone

Guest thomas holden

I found a bug in the 3.0.1 rom, or atleast I think I did.

When you change the rotation settings so that the phone never rotates the screen it still does. And the headphones wont work. I know I have to use somekind of app to toggle the headphones, but I cant seem to find it.

Anyonw know where to get that?

And besides that, this rom is the best I've ever tried.

Guest masterpfa
Just started using the launcher. Anyway of stopping the homescreen from rotating? Its really annoying and to me pointless. Ta!

Each to their own but it's one of the features I like about AychTeeSee's ROMS

Guest masterpfa
I found a bug in the 3.0.1 rom, or atleast I think I did.

When you change the rotation settings so that the phone never rotates the screen it still does. And the headphones wont work. I know I have to use somekind of app to toggle the headphones, but I cant seem to find it.

Anyonw know where to get that?

And besides that, this rom is the best I've ever tried.

Someone had posted it, I cannot remember which post, but do a search for "Toggle Headset" I think it may be in the market, but definitely a link in this thread somewhere.

Guest TheAshMan

3.1 one sounds like the most promising vanilla 2.1 ROM. I tried the current version but it lagged a bit and I went back to Modaco because I missed Sense.

I think now I'd rather get used to Vanilla and customising that just because I've lost faith in HTC and think future Android updates for Hero are more likely to be from developers working with Vanilla rather than HTC (who I read somewhere will make no more updates for Hero after 2.1)

Guest pvillasuso
Hey Andrew, it's a bit silent in this topic... is everything going well? What about 3.1, is it coming or not? Just curious :-)

Hehe, everybody wants the megafast [3.1] 1.5 based ROM ... :D .. Maybe this won't come any soon as expected

This is the main reason I pointed out a chance to have an online kitchen for the [2.1]Vanilla ( my actual ROM ) because everything is working fine with this version ..

Maybe just until we can have the [3.1] bug free version ...

Who's up for this ? :D

Andrew & Paul ... would this be ok with you guys ? Does it take much trouble to make this happen ?

PLS :lol:

Hehe, everybody wants the megafast [3.1] 1.5 based ROM ... :lol: .. Maybe this won't come any soon as expected

This is the main reason I pointed out a chance to have an online kitchen for the [2.1]Vanilla ( my actual ROM ) because everything is working fine with this version ..

Maybe just until we can have the [3.1] bug free version ...

Who's up for this ? :D

Andrew & Paul ... would this be ok with you guys ? Does it take much trouble to make this happen ?

PLS :D

:D

Is there anybody out there (remember the Pink Floyd song...)

Just kidding. Your works are great guyz !!!!!!

but don't leave us alone...

:lol:

Guest AychTeeSee

Hi everyone;

Been a bit busier than expected the last few days with work. I've been trying to get some development done recently, but haven't had as much time as I'd like. Mainly development work has been done on Vanilla Eclair, hoping to get a tester's release out soon. 3.1 seems intermittantly stable (as I had to rebase it on a G1 ROM to get the trackball working), so that's not quite ready yet. Sorry everyone for the wait.

Andrew

Guest String Theory

Great! Hopefully things will turn out okay soon. I also like to help with testing the new vanilla Eclair rom. Is it completely vanilla graphic wise (like 3.* is)?

Guest AychTeeSee
Great! Hopefully things will turn out okay soon. I also like to help with testing the new vanilla Eclair rom. Is it completely vanilla graphic wise (like 3.* is)?

Graphics aren't quite complete, as you can see in the screenshot. But, it will be. I also plan to add a kitchen option to use a black notification bar.

Andrew

Hi,

i just installed the 3.0.1 Rom and after a clean install, my phone constantly tried to send an sms and i always received an error message that the number was wrong ... anyone experienced something similiar? What could this be? i had no other Apps installed and wiped before installing the rom ....

Guest pvillasuso
Hi,

i just installed the 3.0.1 Rom and after a clean install, my phone constantly tried to send an sms and i always received an error message that the number was wrong ... anyone experienced something similiar? What could this be? i had no other Apps installed and wiped before installing the rom ....

You need a FULL / COMPLETE wipe ! everything .... > including SD Ext

Good Luck !

You need a FULL / COMPLETE wipe ! everything .... > including SD Ext

Good Luck !

thanks, have done that now but because of the trackball installed the 2.1 rom without problems ... but its weird that the phone tried to send an sms on its own ( i havent tried to send it )

... edit: seems like this is a common problem with my provider (eplus) ... but it only happens in the 3.0.1 rom

Edited by aejok

Guest crazzym

Hey,

I can't use my phone in 3G mode. It works on other ROMs and I do have the latest radio ROM flashed. Any idea? (I've also checked the setting called "use only 2G networks".

Thanks!

Guest Miveliino

I would really love to use this ROM, but can't live without Exchange Sync.

Tried it tho, and it's the fastest ROM i've tried so far.

Gotta stay with MCR 3.1, with sense switched off.