[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest masterpfa
Graphics aren't quite complete, as you can see in the screenshot. But, it will be. I also plan to add a kitchen option to use a black notification bar.

Andrew

Hi Andrew would it be possible to have 5 screens in your ROM or a choice to choose between 3&5 home screens, if possible if you have a Kitchen version other things I would like to see would be a choice of Keyboards i.e HTC, Titanium Backup, Task Killer Adjustment, Disable Compache and Spare Parts, I don't ask for much I know :D

Any idea of an ETA for your ROM

P.S. any 2.1 features/icons to be included?

:D

Guest llvllaster
I would really love to use this ROM, but can't live without Exchange Sync.

Tried it tho, and it's the fastest ROM i've tried so far.

Gotta stay with MCR 3.1, with sense switched off.

Hi. I can't live without exchange sync too. :D I just installed the app called "mail.apk". It works excellent. It also have push & email signature etc.

here it is Mail.rar

Edited by llvllaster

Guest pvillasuso
I would really love to use this ROM, but can't live without Exchange Sync.

Tried it tho, and it's the fastest ROM i've tried so far.

Gotta stay with MCR 3.1, with sense switched off.

There is "touchdown" app ... Free @ market !

Have you tried it ?

@Edit > some xtra info here: http://www.androidtapp.com/exchange-by-touchdown/

Edited by pvillasuso

The indicator shows green, even though the battery's not full when charging. Also, it don't blink on missed calls or when receiving a message/mail, but is constantly green.

Anyhow, thanks for a great custom ROM, AychTeeSee!

Edited by usb

Guest pvillasuso
Thx for sharing but its a 5 day free demo version. I've uploaded the mail apk wich i use and its %100 free. See post 379 on page 19.

Very nice ... I don't use exchange ... but installed the mail.apk .. and it works fine ! nice find ..

Thank You ...

Guest hally83

Im so pissed off, got my Hero back from HTC today after they had repaired the touchscreen, and they have put the newest Orange ROM on which I can't root!

Don't even talk to me about the goldcard method as it doesn't work for me, tried it with about 10 sd cards.

I want Vanilla Android back :(

Guest AychTeeSee
When will we receive the aychteesee 3.1 rom.? :(

I've been working on it, but the restructuring of the ROM in 3.0.1 makes it very difficult to implement drivers with AOSP due to HTC's proprietary Android libraries. I think the next ROM will be 2.1 based, will full hardware support AND a Vanilla experience.

Andrew

Hi, i just baked my own rom of this but was wondering how i perform the full format first? I use the utility on the phone to format the sd card but it doesnt seem to actually format anything when i do it.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hi, i just baked my own rom of this but was wondering how i perform the full format first? I use the utility on the phone to format the sd card but it doesnt seem to actually format anything when i do it.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Enter your recovery by pressing the power button plus the home button, then choose wipe data, then wipe ext partition. It will erase everything so be sure of what you're doing :( Then you can do a fresh partition of your sd card (there's an option in the recovery screen, like partition sd) and your phone plus your memory card will be fresh and clean, ready for Aychteesee's Oven!

Enter your recovery by pressing the power button plus the home button, then choose wipe data, then wipe ext partition. It will erase everything so be sure of what you're doing :( Then you can do a fresh partition of your sd card (there's an option in the recovery screen, like partition sd) and your phone plus your memory card will be fresh and clean, ready for Aychteesee's Oven!

Thanks a lot man, got it on there working fine now. Only thing that doesnt appear to be working is the 3g, i have tried turning it on in the settings, to no avail. Do i have to enter the APN settings myself? does anyone have these for t-mobile uk? Cheers.

Guest hally83
Thanks a lot man, got it on there working fine now. Only thing that doesnt appear to be working is the 3g, i have tried turning it on in the settings, to no avail. Do i have to enter the APN settings myself? does anyone have these for t-mobile uk? Cheers.

Hold down the end call key and, in the menu that appears, the bottom option will say "mobile internet: off". Just press that and all will be well again.

It's off by default, but you only have to do that once.

Hold down the end call key and, in the menu that appears, the bottom option will say "mobile internet: off". Just press that and all will be well again.

It's off by default, but you only have to do that once.

I didnt have that in that menu for some reason and when i did turn it on it wouldnt find any networks so i had to enter it manually. Here is the t-mobile uk APN for anyone else that needs it:

Name: T-Mobile UK

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Username: t-mobile

Password: tm

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

The fields that aren't in there, just leave blank. Back to the rom:

Loving it, few teething probs which i am sorting but i am well impressed with teh speed and responsivness of it, so thanks again for everyones help etc.

Guest roxphiler

What about the headset? Will this problem get fixed?

I don't really need an automatic recognation, but a manual switch option would be very nice as an option to listen to music via headset

Guest iammodo
What about the headset? Will this problem get fixed?

I don't really need an automatic recognation, but a manual switch option would be very nice as an option to listen to music via headset

there is a widget that toggles if you havent seen it.

Guest roxphiler

hmm no i didnt see it and still i dont...

im on version 3.0... what do i have to do? the market-app-widget doesnt really work...

Guest pvillasuso
hmm no i didnt see it and still i dont...

im on version 3.0... what do i have to do? the market-app-widget doesnt really work...

Look @ Post #295 .. good luck !