[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest luvgirl12345
Does anyone know if android-wired-tether (http://code.google.com/p/android-wired-tether/) works on this vanilla ROM?

I find it very important that I can use usb tethering!

nandroid

flash

try wired tether

if it doesn't work:

restore nandroid

if it works:

everyone's happy and you will be using the fastest rom ever :(

edit: do you know if it works with mac osx 10.5 powerpc??

Edited by luvgirl12345

Guest poults

When i plug my headphones in the phone doesnt pick it up and keeps playing from the phones speaker, is there an app or a fix for this please?

Guest pvillasuso
When i plug my headphones in the phone doesnt pick it up and keeps playing from the phones speaker, is there an app or a fix for this please?

Look @ Post #295 .. good luck !

Guest poults

Anyone know an app that can edit ringtones? One of the music players had a feature where you could chop the bit of mp3 you wanted as the tone and then set it but i can remember which one i used :$

Thanks in advance.

Guest roxphiler
Anyone know an app that can edit ringtones? One of the music players had a feature where you could chop the bit of mp3 you wanted as the tone and then set it but i can remember which one i used :$

Thanks in advance.

ringdroid and aring

Edited by roxphiler

Guest roxphiler

will try it with arch and ubuntu soon, not that much time right now...

one question: i've seen that the process com.tmobile.myfaves sends out sms..

i've killed it now and everything seems okay.

what is this process existing for at this rom? any special reason? didn't find any advice about this in this thread

Guest AychTeeSee

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, I'm on vacation right now. I'll be getting home soon, 4.0 was almost done before I left with full hardware support.

Guest luvgirl12345
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, I'm on vacation right now. I'll be getting home soon, 4.0 was almost done before I left with full hardware support.

YAY! i thought you didn't care about the project anymore since 2.1 is coming out in a few weeks (rumors) but im happy i can expect a 3.1 or even a 4.0 as you say!! ETA??

edit: you homescreen replacement doesn't read the settings (rotation enabled) could you add this?

edit2: could you make the lockscreen transperent again? I didn't notice how much times i like to see what app is open <_<

Edited by luvgirl12345

Guest AychTeeSee
YAY! i thought you didn't care about the project anymore since 2.1 is coming out in a few weeks (rumors) but im happy i can expect a 3.1 or even a 4.0 as you say!! ETA??

edit: you homescreen replacement doesn't read the settings (rotation enabled) could you add this?

edit2: could you make the lockscreen transperent again? I didn't notice how much times i like to see what app is open <_<

I expect to release the 4.0 ROM in about two weeks, as I'd like to enjoy my vacation first :mellow:

I'll try to work in the settings-aware rotational api into the launcher, no promises though as I hope to get this released before HTC releases 2.1.

I'm not sure why the lockscreen lost transparency, but it'll likely be back next release as it is a hybrid between 2.1 and 3.0.1.

Finally, I'm also looking into giving the orientation sensor the ability to rotate in four directions. It won't make it for 4.0, but things are looking good so far.

Andrew

Guest masterpfa
I expect to release the 4.0 ROM in about two weeks, as I'd like to enjoy my vacation first <_<

I'll try to work in the settings-aware rotational api into the launcher, no promises though as I hope to get this released before HTC releases 2.1.

I'm not sure why the lockscreen lost transparency, but it'll likely be back next release as it is a hybrid between 2.1 and 3.0.1.

Finally, I'm also looking into giving the orientation sensor the ability to rotate in four directions. It won't make it for 4.0, but things are looking good so far.

Andrew

OK (imagine rubbing hands in glee!) Above all enjoy your vacation Andrew, we're not going anywhere.

Now back to business, on your return, 4 way rotation would be awesome IMHO, can I also ask how many screens would be available, I personally (stating the obvious!) like the Vanilla Look but would appreciate 5 screen if possible.

Perrin

Edited by masterpfa

Guest luvgirl12345
I expect to release the 4.0 ROM in about two weeks, as I'd like to enjoy my vacation first <_<

Andrew

sweet 2 weeks is a bit long but i can wait... xD four way rotate would be sweeeeeeet i cant wait lol...

Edited by luvgirl12345

Guest luvgirl12345

i wish i had a nexus one <_< but i cant afford it. well i am here to report a glitch/bug that i noticed:

in standy mode: open app drawer and open any app.

in app: turn the phone and close the app with the home button

result: app drawer is still open!!

Guest AychTeeSee

Update time!

@pvillasuso: Sorry to see you go with the Nexus One crowd, you're one of the reasons I kept developing the ROM. Trust me, if the N1 was available on Telus/AT&T 3G bands, I would've bought it in a second <_<

@luvgirl12345: Minor problem, will be definitely fixed in the next release.

I'm having some trouble with the deodexing of the HTC resources to remove dependencies, as the HTC power button menu (or whatever it's called when you hold the end call button) and the HTC menu framework is tightly integrated with the unmodifiable Android core framework. I've removed the menu dependency, but the power button menu certainly is an annoyance.

Andrew

Guest luvgirl12345

how was your vacation? is 4.0 almost done? I think alot of people would like a vanilla rom, they just dont know there already is one... I hope you dont stop developing for the hero <_<

Guest lennart330

I think the vanilla roms are the best!

And i think your roms are the best! I'm looking forward to your next release.... your next release will be cupcake? Is there a plan to make such a great eclair vanilla rom?

Grts

Guest luvgirl12345
I think the vanilla roms are the best!

And i think your roms are the best! I'm looking forward to your next release.... your next release will be cupcake? Is there a plan to make such a great eclair vanilla rom?

Grts

I think he should wait until the official 2.1 update because the eris dump is f**ked up...

Guest AychTeeSee

Next release will be Cupcake, and when HTC officially releases Eclair, I will produce a ROM for that. I'm still on vacation for another two days (been toying with the ROM in my spare time) and my development will be back to full speed when I return.

Andrew