[3.0.1] AychTeeSee's Vanilla Cupcake ROM - GSM (now with online kitchen)

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest Martyn.28
[0.5] is here, acore is (mostly) fixed!

WARNING: Before you set up your APNs and Google Account, you WILL get acore force quits. Likely often.

Hello everyone;

I've spent some time recently toying with Paul's custom rom, and have created a version of it (mostly) without HTC features/bloat. A wipe is necessary before install.

What Works:

-Everything in the MoDaCo custom rom. After installation, everything is shockingly stable.

-Unlike AOSP roms, all the hardware works properly and you get to experience vanilla Android.

What DOESN'T Work:

-Rarely, you will get a force close issue for acore. Usually you can continue your work. It just restarts the home screen.

-Some bugs here and there likely, tell me if you find some.

HTC "features" that haven't been removed:

-Messaging: Although the Android SMS app works, you get force closes when you first start Android, and checking for messages doesn't work.

-Call dialogs still are in HTC Sense.

Other than the installation and some inconsistencies, this ROM runs lightning fast, and saves a lot of memory.

Changelog:

0.5: Fixed some acore issues, basically 0.4 without the CRITICAL FLAW™.

0.4: Added Alarm Clock app, white toolbar, new settings.

0.3: Initial public release.

0.1 - 0.2: Internal releases, porting the apps and fixing HTC dependencies.

Download:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a154f86/n/...nillaMoDaCo_zip

Cheers!

Andrew

Tried this and it works fine for me very nice Rom , Alough not quite my cuppa tea i prefer Pauls Rom but very inpressive love the keyboard style, nice work and thanks for sharing

Martyn

Edited by Martyn.28

Guest masterpfa

Hi

Great to see someone trying to incorporate the best of both worlds.

Been playing with my Hero for a few days now and have as Nandroid Backups MCR2.8, MCR3.0, ASOP 2.0.1 r6, Community 2.1 ver 1.8

So why not try this.

Just downloading but will give feedback once installed.

Thanks for the work you have put in

:)

Guest masterpfa
Hi

Great to see someone trying to incorporate the best of both worlds.

Been playing with my Hero for a few days now and have as Nandroid Backups MCR2.8, MCR3.0, ASOP 2.0.1 r6, Community 2.1 ver 1.8

So why not try this.

Just downloading but will give feedback once installed.

Thanks for the work you have put in

;)

OK have installed this ROM, great effort

For me though a lot of FC's.

I was expecting this to be a Hybrid between MCR3.0 and AOSP2.0.1 as such was expecting the new Market Place.

Problems with apps backed up on my SD card or backed up on Wavesecure, APPMANAGER, Astro file manager and MyBackup Pro.

Problems downloading some apps from the market.

This will be another ROM I do a Nandroid Backup on and monitor/play with from time to time

Back to ASOP 2.0.1 for a little while

Guest AychTeeSee
OK have installed this ROM, great effort

For me though a lot of FC's.

I was expecting this to be a Hybrid between MCR3.0 and AOSP2.0.1 as such was expecting the new Market Place.

Problems with apps backed up on my SD card or backed up on Wavesecure, APPMANAGER, Astro file manager and MyBackup Pro.

Problems downloading some apps from the market.

This will be another ROM I do a Nandroid Backup on and monitor/play with from time to time

Back to ASOP 2.0.1 for a little while

Hi There;

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. This rom is fairly unstable with some technologies, hence the lack of a whole number in the version number B)

It seems I've hit a brick wall here, as to remove further HTC bloat, I need to toy with AOSP. However, I haven't given up yet ;)

Andrew

Guest masterpfa
Hi There;

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. This rom is fairly unstable with some technologies, hence the lack of a whole number in the version number B)

It seems I've hit a brick wall here, as to remove further HTC bloat, I need to toy with AOSP. However, I haven't given up yet :)

Andrew

I'll be watching this space

;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest werziluk

Can I just say, I understand you started this a while ago and you have done really well to fix the crashes etc but a vanilla MCR is easily achievable using the online kitchen now...

Guest AychTeeSee
Can I just say, I understand you started this a while ago and you have done really well to fix the crashes etc but a vanilla MCR is easily achievable using the online kitchen now...

Not quite. This ROM is a complete vanilla android package, without ANY HTC apps, and with real android apps. Big difference, visual and underlying.

This seems very interesting.

Is Apps2SD integrated and does the Linux Kernel on this support ext4?

(Yeah, I'm a little bit spoiled with Paul's and teknologist's great work :))

Guest AychTeeSee
This seems very interesting.

Is Apps2SD integrated and does the Linux Kernel on this support ext4?

(Yeah, I'm a little bit spoiled with Paul's and teknologist's great work :))

All the work done by Paul and Teknologist is in here :)

Andrew

Guest Marcony0

so i would be guessing this would be much faster than normally Hero would be with Sense ? :) but i don't like the android button :\ its soo compact doesn't feel fancy or nerdy :\

Edited by Marcony0

Guest AychTeeSee
so i would be guessing this would be much faster than normally Hero would be without Sense ? :) but i don't like the android button :\ its soo compact doesn't feel fancy or nerdy :\

It is much faster, and you can always install an alternative home application or Rosie (sense launcher) again.

Andrew

After a nice Nandroid backup and wipe, it's up and... I'm loving it! :)

Was always more of a vanilla fan and this is just great. I'll user it for a few days and report if I find any quirks.

Thanks again for this great work! ^^

Guest Marcony0
It is much faster, and you can always install an alternative home application or Rosie (sense launcher) again.

Andrew

makes sense ... because i do like the People/Dialer and Home of HTC sense - if these 3 would be there, i wouldn't mind unloading everything else.

Guest AychTeeSee
makes sense ... because i do like the People/Dialer and Home of HTC sense - if these 3 would be there, i wouldn't mind unloading everything else.

You might want to stick with the Modaco Custom Custom ROM then :) Paul's done some great work on that.

Andrew

Yeah, maybe too much posting but have to bring my first impressions.

This is lightning fast. I'm already used to Paul's great work at the MCR, but this. This beats even that (speed wise - no wonder with that much bulk cut out). :)

I've never seen my screen rotate THIS fast and I can rotate the home screen to boot! :)

Edited by bojzi

Guest AychTeeSee
Yeah, maybe too much posting but have to bring my first impressions.

This is lightning fast. I'm already used to Paul's great work at the MCR, but this. This beats even that (speed wise - no wonder with that much bulk cut out). :)

I've never seen my screen rotate THIS fast and I can rotate the home screen to boot! :)

Great to hear :)

Ummm... I see that the calendar isn't implemented yet but is there any way to have a functioning calendar (an app maybe) on the phone.

The calendar's pretty important to me. :)